Old City Philly House Reviews

325 Cherry Street, Philadelphia, USA

The entire staff was very welcoming and kind. I had an incredible time and i look forward to staying here again!

I had a great time, the place was exceptionally clean, the atmosphere was awesome, and the staff were very friendly and accommodating. Perfect location, too!

• 11th Jun 2015
  • Poland

A friend and I stayed in a 4 bed dorm in this hostel and had a great time! It is a relatively small hostel with a good atmosphere. There is a no shoes policy, a 10pm-10am quiet hours rule and there were only 2 toilets and 3 showers, but apart from that it was a clean, friendly hostel.

Great location and very friendly staff, very helpful!!

Norhing to say. Perfect and a very nice staff.

I stayed with a friend and we both agreed the staff were friendly and welcoming and made a real effort to get to know us. The rooms were small but this was not a problem as we didn't spend any time in them other than to sleep and the beds were perfectly comfortable. The common area had character and charm and We spent most evenings there meeting new people and playing cards against humanity! Overall we thoroughly enjoyed philly and a massive part of that was down to the hostel!!

• 1st Jun 2015

it was my first time to stay in hostel house and I was afraid of not liking it or the host will not be as should be, but I found the host very cooperative and made me feel very very welcomed.

• 29th May 2015
  • Saudi Arabia

A really friendly hostel, helpful friendly staff. Lots of space in the dorms.Showers are powerful and hot. Stayed longer in Philly because the hostel was so nice. Will stay here again next time.

Loved everything ! Amazing hosts! Hope to see you sometime again! Much love Xx

Cutest place in a great location - my friend and I were up til 3AM doing laundry and the staff were so lovely in accommodating us. They also have a huge widescreen TV (it was playing Parks and Rec for a bit) which is always a bonus! Overall a really cool, chill place to stay at in Philly.

• 27th May 2015

I had a great time while I was there, I considered Brandon my personal host as he and the gang made sure everything was correct. Everything was clean and the coffee always ready. You can see some of the gang here: https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.10153476650133714.1073742009.619088713&type=1&l=a92ea008f4 PS the nose were my gifts as I travel the world as a humanitarian clown www.guygiard.com

• 26th May 2015

I stayed in Old City Philly House end of May and it was one of the best hostels I've stayed in so far. It was very cozy and clean (also because everyone has to remove their shoes upon entering the hostel which is a great idea!). The staff was very friendly and attentive, too. When I arrived, I received a map and all the informations I needed to explore the city. The staff member was very knowledgable. There were also events organized on some evenings to hang out with other travelers.

• 24th May 2015
  • Switzerland

Had a great stay at Old City Philly House! The staff are super helpful and nice and definitely point you to all the main sites along with other tips. Because the hostel is a bit smaller than others it's really nice because you get to meet people in a more laid back setting. It's also in an awesome location, surrounded by shops and cute cafés. Overall I'd highly recommend this place to anyone.

People are friendly, staffs are helpful, I had a great experience there!!

• 22nd May 2015
  • Taiwan

Nice hostel. Clean. The staff really takes an effort to create a nice vibe. Only disappointment is that there is no lock the room. So the entire hostel could enter the room. The rooms are small.

Excellent location, friendly staff, good facilities.

Removal of shoes strictly enforced lol. I'm sorry but I wouldn't consider 'happy hour' as two tiny cups of beer.

Great place to stay, staff very friendly and very helpful,very clea, felt very safe. Good batch of fellow travellers, all very helpful too

Peaceful Place and nicest staff ever! Very helpful

Great location--most tourist attractions located at walking distance. Staff are friendly and helpful.

View all Philadelphia Hostels