Old City Philly House Reviews

325 Cherry Street, Philadelphia, USA

I only stayed at the Old City Philly House for one night, but it was a very pleasant one. The hostel is located in a quiet side street, yet at the heart of Philly's beautiful old town. The staff were very friendly and due to the relatively small number of beds, the atmosphere was cosy and familial. After the hostel's daily happy hour, we went out for karaoke with one of the staff and had a blast. A dorm is never a hotel room, but I had a great time at the Old City Philly House.

Great place for the price

• 7th May 2015

Facilities are great, location is a stone's throw away from the major sights in Philly. Myself and the friends I made seemed to agree the staff were a little on the boring side, but in fairness they all seemed to have other jobs and were very polite and friendly. All in all the people I met here are what made the stay great, since Philly was my least favourite East Coast city in the states.

I really loved my stay here. The staff was inviting and they had activities every night, if you're into that stuff. It's located a short walk for most of the historic sites and it's very quiet at night. The facility is only locked from the main door and the individual rooms aren't locked. This wasn't a problem for me, and I felt very safe with a staff person always on duty, I know some find this to be a negative. If I go back to Philly I won't hesitate to try and stay here again.

Pretty nice hostel but dont expect to much.

Small hostel ran by awesome staff. Great place to get to know other travelers, you can bond over happy hour, some wii games, or netflix. This place really feels like a home. Located near many awesome restaurants and is walking distance to historic sites. The restrooms are slightly small and limited so I imagine it could be cramped during tourist season but overall very enjoyable stay!

One of the best I've stayed in, awesome staff, clean facilities, good common area and it's located less than 5 min from independence hall. I came to Philly because I heard from a friend how awesome it was, and it was the highlight of the city! Most staff is working for accommodation, but is giving the best, welcoming and friendly service possible. I got the feeling of visiting a friend rather than staying in a hostel. Awesome.

Best Hostel in the city! Nice people around! Very Friendly.

• 22nd Apr 2015
  • Argentina

This hostel was the perfect place to stop for a few nights in Philadelphia! All of the staff were lovely, it was very clean, and it had a nice kitchen lounge area where you could chill out in the evening.

Lovely place! Will return for sure if visiting Philadelphia again! :)

The staffs are awesome! Very nice and helpful! Very clean place!

Staff are extremely friendly, shout out to Chad and Grace for their hospitality!

• 12th Apr 2015
  • Hong Kong

AWESOME The location in old Philly is awesome. The hostel is very clean which is awesome, Staff is great and very helpful (awesome) just like I said its an Awesome place the stay

Chad and his staff were exceptionally friendly and helpful. At age 56 I knew that I was outside the usual hostel demographic but all was great: I participated in the tours, happy hours, movie nights and other house activities that fit into my schedule. The hostel is only a few minutes walk from the Liberty Bell. I can only hope to emulate the cleanliness of the hostel now that I am back in my own condo. I liked having competent and welcoming staff on duty 24 hours a day.

• 7th Apr 2015

Old City Philly House was a completely charming little hostel. All the rooms were impeccably clean, the staff were friendly, outgoing and helpful, and the atmosphere was super relaxed. I would love to visit again!

• 7th Apr 2015

Go there if you are looking for chilling people ! Awesome place.

• 7th Apr 2015

Hostel was very cosy, clean and was very artsy in design! The staff who checked us in (Chad) was very helpful and friendly and also gave us lots of tips about things to do in Philly. The only disappointment was that the air-conditioning broke down on the day we were there and hence it was a warm and stuffy night with 8 people in a room. Other than that I had a nice time there and I liked that they have lots of games and books and even organizes events with free food and drinks. Def recommended!!

• 6th Apr 2015
  • Singapore

The Old City Philly House is a nice and comfortable hostel, with very friendly and attentive staff.

• 4th Apr 2015

Wonderful staff and atmosphere, great value, people really go out of their way to help out.

This hostel definitely has a homey feel. The staff were really nice and offered a free beer during happy hour each day. The place was very clean and comfortable.

View all Philadelphia Hostels