Old City Philly House Reviews

325 Cherry Street, Philadelphia, USA

Though the facilities are not so good here and its quite a small hostel, but the atmosphere is awesome!!! Everybody was just like a family!!! Ill definitely choose to stay here if someday im gonna come back to Philly!!!!

• 3rd Jan 2015
  • Taiwan

Literally the best hostel I have ever stayed at. The staff were welcoming and extremely fun always up to hang out whether it was for a chat or a beer. Extremely helpful with stuff to do around philly. Stay here, it's really the only option.

• 3rd Jan 2015

This was one of the best hostels I've ever stayed at. The hostel itself is comparatively small and rather modern & comfortable. The location is good for sightseeing (near from liberty bell) as well as for going out. The staff is extremly nice and even came to party. Additionally I met a lot of cool people in the hostel. I can definitively highly recommend this hostel!!

I have experienced a lot of hostels in my life, but this hostel is certainly one of a kind. The staff was amazingly friendly, that had the very positive effect that all the other guests in the hostel also feel very comfortable, with the outcome that you get that kind of hostel atmosphere as it should be. That in combination with it's unique location, close to many important landmarks in the United States history makes this hostel brilliant.

• 1st Jan 2015

The staff was amazing. They organize an event every night. Quick walk to most of the big tourist sites, and really close to lots of bars.

The Hostel is very clean, the location is very good and the staffs are great

The Philadelphia House is awesome! You can put your luggage out of room with security cause they have cameras over the place, so it's good. The location is very good, really next a subway station and the Liberty Bell! All the Staff are really kind and warm, it was a pleasure be there. As many hostels there is no shoes polity and it's not a big deal cause the floor is always clean (and everything else). If one day I plan to go Philly again, I'll not look other hostel I'm sure.

You guys are amazing. Thanks for everything you did. Wish to visit you in the near future. I truly enjoy the time. I love the house, I love the city.

• 17th Dec 2014
  • Taiwan

I spent 4 nights at this hostel and I was very happy with the place. I have been in several hostels and this is the cleanest hostel I've ever been in. Also, they keep the kitchen very neat, one feels very comfortable cooking in it. The staff is really cool, there is always an opportunity to spend a nice time with them in the common area. It is very well located, it is 5 mins from The Indepence Hall and it takes about 10 mins to get to dowtown. I would definitely recommend this hostel.

• 14th Dec 2014
  • Spain

This place is awesome!! Staff was welcoming, helpful, and kind.

• 13th Dec 2014

Vey nice, small and cozy hostel, in a nice location easy to get. The guys on the desk are very friendly and helpful and more important, super enthusiastic on giving tourist information about Philly. I like it a lot, I would definitely stay there again.

Such a great hostel! So welcoming and home-y, the staff were so helpful from the moment I arrived, pointing out spots of interests on a map of the city and giving me recommendations for places to eat (which were great!) The vibe was so good - everyone hung out in the communal lounge area which was fun, and also made it super easy to meet people. Dorm was pretty packed but didn't feel too crowded. Bathrooms were clean! Great location - easy walking distance to heaps of tourist spots.

We had a great stay at Philadelphia House. The location is really great. It was a little noisy despite the 10pm 'quiet time' but we still enjoyed the hostel.

• 8th Dec 2014

The staff there were very nice, but the room seemed not to be clean. I got bit by fleas when I stayed there.

I had a great time visiting the Philly House. I met great people, had great fun with the staff and spent three perfect days with them. I shared a home made dinner with guests with from everywhere, played games and they gave me all directions and tips to walk around. It's perfectly located, very new, very cozy and the value for money made it the best choice for me!! Simply cool.

• 5th Dec 2014
  • Argentina

The place itself is okay. Staff were really impolite, reluctant to help and rude (especially Paul and Brandon) - then send an email telling you to review them highly. Put a real downer on things and I was uncomfortable. It's best to choose the another place.

I really enjoyed my stay, but I have two comments: lights are on all night long, so every time a door is opened (differente guests arriving at different times), the light enters the rooms and wake the guests, since the beds have no curtains or similar. At the same time, every noise in the house can be heared in the rooms, especially steps in the corridor (it´s a wooden floor). All the members of the staff were really kind and helpful. Thank you!

• 4th Dec 2014
  • Spain

The philly house is one of the best hostels I've been too all the staff are super awesome, it's in old city so a really nice area, you can easily walk where ever you need to go, would recommend staying here to anyone looking for a place in Philly

Philadelphia House was so much fun! The staff are hilariously awesome and very welcoming. The hostel was within walking distance of everything and the facilities are just what you need. Will definitely recommend!

• 2nd Dec 2014

This hostel is awesome! All the staff are really friendly and also hang out in the living area so conversations are easy flowing and I felt like we were family after only 2nights. Thy have something happening every night also which is good for a laugh. Facilities were fantastic - wifi quick and reliable, bed comfortable, enough showers and coffee/hot chocolate/tea whenever you wanted. Also in the perfect location - absolute walking distance to all the main things in town even in wet weather.

View all Philadelphia Hostels