Old City Philly House Reviews

325 Cherry Street, Philadelphia, USA

Freeeeeeaking AWESOME hostel! I've been travelling for a little while and it's gotten to the point where I'm getting sick of and have probably stayed in too many hostels.. Upward of 20 for sure. Anyway this place has to be one of the top hostels I've stayed at. Atmosphere was sooo chill and homey, uber clean, comfy beds and common room, killer location and the moh' fuggin COOL staff! In all seriousness people. You should definitely stay here.

• 30th Jan 2015

Great location, met some great people and amazing staff! Definitely made the stay in Philly all the better. 10/10 would recommend

• 28th Jan 2015

The Hostel and room were great. Everything was in working order and the staff was extremely helpful. I was happy with my stay and I will likely be back.

Clean. Good location. Helpful staff. A bit pricey.

The staff is great!

Although we only stayed for only one night in a room with really nice people, we are quite determined to come back here. The hostel's location is in the middle of it all, and at walking distance from the bus station in Chinatown. The staff is 24/7 helpful and sociable. We loved it (and the sister hostel with happy hour too)!

Great hostel ! Great location. The staff was really friendly and helpful when we had a few questions as to where to go in the city. The downside is the inexistant quiet time at night. So if you're looking to sleep early, might not be the best place. Otherwise, great choice.

• 15th Jan 2015

I went there by myself, and I had a great time, everybody is really nice and very friendly. They do activities and it becomes like a little family. Easy to go party, but at the place is nice and quiet during sleep hours. If I go back to Philadelphia, I will stay there again.

• 15th Jan 2015
  • Spain

Awesome place! Great atmosphere! Cool staff! Always something going on! Would definitely stay here again

• 12th Jan 2015
  • tkemp892

I was here for two days. It was a fun place and a lot of things to see. The hostel staff is very very informative and friendly actually. One problem is that I can't get much sleep since my dorm was near the common area which means it sometimes get so noisy and can't get much sleep. But the girls who stay the same room with me are very nice. I think if no choice left, I will go back.

The environment and location are good. It is near the Chinatown and bus station. I had a wonderful night in this hostel.

Would be great if you could force turn off the light's at 10. My room lights were On till 1. Also keep the volume in the living room down once it crosses 11-12 pm. Advice would be to set up individual mini lamps at the bed posts if possible. The staff is really friendly!!!

Nice location, good hostel. Recent change of name was a bit confusing as we had booked our stay when it was still called Philadelphia House and these changes had not been communicated to us. Staff willing to help and friendly, but sometimes the common area felt more like the staff's living room than a space for the guests.

• 10th Jan 2015
  • Belgium

Good hostel, would stay here again. Like everyone said the staff are amazing and get involved and care. The hostel itself is small and there are no locks on room doors just little lockers in the hall. The showers never seemed to have hot water or pressure and the 10pm quite time never actually happened but the staff make up for it with their enthusiasm.

Though the facilities are not so good here and its quite a small hostel, but the atmosphere is awesome!!! Everybody was just like a family!!! Ill definitely choose to stay here if someday im gonna come back to Philly!!!!

• 3rd Jan 2015
  • Taiwan

Literally the best hostel I have ever stayed at. The staff were welcoming and extremely fun always up to hang out whether it was for a chat or a beer. Extremely helpful with stuff to do around philly. Stay here, it's really the only option.

• 3rd Jan 2015

This was one of the best hostels I've ever stayed at. The hostel itself is comparatively small and rather modern & comfortable. The location is good for sightseeing (near from liberty bell) as well as for going out. The staff is extremly nice and even came to party. Additionally I met a lot of cool people in the hostel. I can definitively highly recommend this hostel!!

I have experienced a lot of hostels in my life, but this hostel is certainly one of a kind. The staff was amazingly friendly, that had the very positive effect that all the other guests in the hostel also feel very comfortable, with the outcome that you get that kind of hostel atmosphere as it should be. That in combination with it's unique location, close to many important landmarks in the United States history makes this hostel brilliant.

• 1st Jan 2015

The staff was amazing. They organize an event every night. Quick walk to most of the big tourist sites, and really close to lots of bars.

The Hostel is very clean, the location is very good and the staffs are great

View all Philadelphia Hostels