Old City Philly House Reviews

325 Cherry Street, Philadelphia, USA

Advices for parking lot would be welcome as the hostel does not have one.

Great place to stay! The location is perfect with most of the sight seeing activities within walking distance as well as being close to metro stations. Great atmosphere, the staff are incredibly friendly, chatty and helpful. We found the map tours offered by the staff incredibly helpful and they helped us to see everything we wanted to and make the most of our stay. Everything seemed to be safe with plenty of lockers available. Would definitely stay here again and recommend it.

• 1st Mar 2015
  • Wales

Enjoyed our stay. Great hostel !

Best Hostel ever! The trivial pursuit evenings never got boring :)

Less of a hostel, more of a halfway home for interesting and kind social travellers. Never before have I stayed somewhere that made me feel so welcome, with staff wanting to befriend and know each and every guest. A huge shout out to all the staff: the lovely Luq, Emily, Alysha, Teron, Jay, Max and Sam who were just marvellous! And of course, Chad, who basically defines the word 'SUPER'. His events were out of this world. Stay here! But be warned, you'll miss it when you leave.

• 24th Feb 2015

Hey, i won't recommend it because of something. Someone from another sleeping room went into our room and pissed in the room and on the luggage of other people (i was lucky, not mine;) )... Idiot, the hostel isn't responsible for that. BUT we said it and they didn't care! Only sprayed 3 times on the with sth (not on all) and they didnt even care about the luggage... they wouldnt even have done sth to the floor if i wouldnt habe a little bit of pressure... and nothing happened to the boy... worst

• 20th Feb 2015

The people where very friendly and the place is very clean and comfortable.

• 17th Feb 2015
  • Chile

Hostel needs a large sign out the front, otherwise you will miss it like I did. Great location. Staff are friendly. Very small hostel, very cosy. Didn't appreciate how I was assigned a bed though. I was the first one there but I wasn't given a choice (and it turned out I was given the wrong bed anyway). Bit annoying how the onus is on you to get your change the next day as they don't keep cash around.

This is a nice place to stay. The staff is extremely awesome, helpful and friendly. Moreover, because the hostel is fairly small, it is very easy to meet other guests and make new friends while enjoying a beer during their happy hour.

The staff here were so welcoming! Everything was always very clean. Thanks for the great stay!

• 15th Feb 2015

Great hostel in every aspect. Very attentive staff and cozy.

We loved our stay at Old City Philly House. Excellent location, facilities and atmosphere. The staff was helpful and friendly. The hostel was clean and for the price a knockout deal. I highly recommend the Old Philly House!

That bed makes a noise if you moving..but the atmosphere in the hostel was really good

Super friendly and personal staff. Always available for help and just to hangout. Warm, clean and safe hostel. Unlike any other hostel every stayed at. Very comfortable beds and couch in the living room. Good bathrooms and showers. Excellent location and value for money. Will definitely return on my next visit to Philly. Very homely feel in the hostel (shoes off at the front door). Not many beds so book early in peak season!

• 6th Feb 2015

Freeeeeeaking AWESOME hostel! I've been travelling for a little while and it's gotten to the point where I'm getting sick of and have probably stayed in too many hostels.. Upward of 20 for sure. Anyway this place has to be one of the top hostels I've stayed at. Atmosphere was sooo chill and homey, uber clean, comfy beds and common room, killer location and the moh' fuggin COOL staff! In all seriousness people. You should definitely stay here.

• 30th Jan 2015

Great location, met some great people and amazing staff! Definitely made the stay in Philly all the better. 10/10 would recommend

• 28th Jan 2015

The Hostel and room were great. Everything was in working order and the staff was extremely helpful. I was happy with my stay and I will likely be back.

Clean. Good location. Helpful staff. A bit pricey.

The staff is great!

Although we only stayed for only one night in a room with really nice people, we are quite determined to come back here. The hostel's location is in the middle of it all, and at walking distance from the bus station in Chinatown. The staff is 24/7 helpful and sociable. We loved it (and the sister hostel with happy hour too)!

View all Philadelphia Hostels