Old City Philly House Reviews

325 Cherry Street, Philadelphia, USA

Nice hostel but a little cramped.

Amazing place, amazing people.

• 30th Oct 2014

Very great hostel with fun and quirky staff. Loved my stay there and it does seem very safe --like staying with a family. Clean and bright hostel. BUT please get your blue bin! Recycle! Please!!!! You know who I am.

Super hostel! Cozy place, inside a house, nice staff, kitchen available, with free coffee and tea, safe and located in teh old city, not to mention the price! The best hostel I've slept in...

Staff were very friendly and went out of their way to be helpful, give advice and organise social activities. Also couldn't fault the hostel for cleanliness and facilities. I always prefer dorms with locks on the doors but given the hostel was so small (20 ish beds) and friendly and there was free secure storage for valuables (so long as u take your own padlock) i felt comfortable with this.

The staff was awesome :)

Honestly, the most fun I've ever had staying at a hostel. I've stayed in a lot of hostels where people just keep to themselves in the common areas, but this hostel had far more of a social atmosphere. Staying here really made my trip to Philly exceed the expectations I had when I made my plans to visit. 100% would stay here again.

• 26th Oct 2014

From a French senior backpacker. Very friendly staff and atmosphère. The best location in Philadelphie. Marc

The overal review of me about the hostle is possitive, however, the word hostle resembles as a place supervalue for money cuz you are willig to reduce your privacy and hare your room with others to save money. I didn't see this point about the place. paying around 40$ for having a bed in 8-bed section is not an ideal value for money.

• 24th Oct 2014

One of the best hostel experiences I have had! The atmosphere was great. All the staff members were super friendly and helpful. And the location was pretty awesome; it was a few minutes walk from the Liberty Bell, Constitution Center, and right near old city.

I stayed at the Philadelphia House when I was in town for a work conference... best choice ever!!! I stayed at the Philadelphia House for 5 days and couldn't have been more delighted. The Staff was so sweet and helpful... from getting me train info to NY to helping me with sightseeing destinations in Philly. Also, I have to mention that this place is EXTREMELY CLEAN! I am attending the conference next year and will definitely be staying here again. Thank you and miss you lots!!

• 17th Oct 2014
  • Israel

The sense of community was very strong. I was there a week, treated like family and got close to several people. The hostel was cleaned well every day and I felt that all my belongings were safe. Several of the staff were truly fabulous, welcoming and made my stay amazing My only suggestion is this. Since the staff lives there, I feel they should be a more aware of the how they represent themselves, when not on duty. Make sure they still put the guests first in common areas and on outings.

I love the Philadelphia House! Thanks to all for making it feel like home.

• 14th Oct 2014

Place is more than you normally expect from a hostel, staff can assist in you in anyway needed, places to go and even organise events for the hostel to do if you chose to. Top hostel, would definitely stay again if i return

Most amazing stay we could have possibly asked for! Teron and Michelle were more than welcoming. Teron instantly became our friend, almost as if we had our own personal tour guide. The hostel makes you feel like you are part of a family. I would recommend it too anyone planning a trip to Philadelphia!

• 11th Oct 2014

This place is to hostels what Training Day is to Denzel Washington movies. Generally just awesome, and guaranteed to be filled with memorable moments. But with less drug use. And violence. If you go on a weekend, take part in a pub crawl. Chill in the common area. Make friends. Behold this bastion of friendliness and general love in the heart of all the parts of Philly you came to see anyways.

• 10th Oct 2014

Great location and atmosphere! The staff were really friendly and know how to have a good time! The pub crawls were a great way to meet new people..

• 10th Oct 2014

Very friendly and welcoming staff, excellent location and really well-equipped facility. All for a very reasonable price. So, all in all, everything a good hostel should be!

• 10th Oct 2014

This place is a converted house so staying here is like sleeping at a friends place, it feels really homey. 20 beds, 3 showers and 3 toilets, almost never had to wait. There's always someone around if you need to ask any questions and the staff are genuinely nice and really helpful and they are always cleaning so the whole place is generally spotless. Only downside of my stay: I could feel all the springs in my mattress - not pleasant but I felt the other beds are they were nice.

This was definitely the best hostel on my trip to the U.S.!! The staff was awesome and the atmosphere excellent - everything was just great!

View all Philadelphia Hostels