Old City Philly House Reviews

325 Cherry Street, Philadelphia, USA

Lovely spacious room. Great friendly accommodating helpful staff

• 14th May 2015

It would be great if the hostel provides hair dryer.

• 13th May 2015
  • Hong Kong

It's an excellent hostel, certainly one of the finest I have been. It is super close to all the attractions, the staff are excellent, extremely helpful. It was totally worth to stay here.

Even though it's a little pricey, this hostel is gold. Staff is super friendly friendly and really helpful. I had a great time!

I was very fortunate to have been received by Chad and I had my check out handled by Chad as well. He was an excellent host and gave me a good introduction to Philadelphia despite many people telling me that there was not much to do. I did not even managed to finish the itinerary he suggested for me. His attitude at ensuring that the guest feel comfortable at the hostel was excellent, and the bed at the hostel was the most comfortable I've ever slept on for a hostel. Highly recommended.

I have been to a few hostels and I've always had a good experience. Old City Philly House was, by far, the best hostel I've been to. Maks -- one of the staffers -- will probably be the best person you'll run into Philly. He's an awesome guy, incredibly friendly, and always willing to go above and beyond to answer any questions you might have. He made sure everyone at the hostel felt as if they were home. Next time I'm in Philly, I'll definitely stay at this hostel - because of Maks.

• 8th May 2015

I only stayed at the Old City Philly House for one night, but it was a very pleasant one. The hostel is located in a quiet side street, yet at the heart of Philly's beautiful old town. The staff were very friendly and due to the relatively small number of beds, the atmosphere was cosy and familial. After the hostel's daily happy hour, we went out for karaoke with one of the staff and had a blast. A dorm is never a hotel room, but I had a great time at the Old City Philly House.

Great place for the price

• 7th May 2015

Facilities are great, location is a stone's throw away from the major sights in Philly. Myself and the friends I made seemed to agree the staff were a little on the boring side, but in fairness they all seemed to have other jobs and were very polite and friendly. All in all the people I met here are what made the stay great, since Philly was my least favourite East Coast city in the states.

I really loved my stay here. The staff was inviting and they had activities every night, if you're into that stuff. It's located a short walk for most of the historic sites and it's very quiet at night. The facility is only locked from the main door and the individual rooms aren't locked. This wasn't a problem for me, and I felt very safe with a staff person always on duty, I know some find this to be a negative. If I go back to Philly I won't hesitate to try and stay here again.

Amazing hostel. I love the location and the staff were awesome and very helpful. I will definitely come back again whenever I'm in Philadelphia

• 2nd May 2015

Pretty nice hostel but dont expect to much.

Small hostel ran by awesome staff. Great place to get to know other travelers, you can bond over happy hour, some wii games, or netflix. This place really feels like a home. Located near many awesome restaurants and is walking distance to historic sites. The restrooms are slightly small and limited so I imagine it could be cramped during tourist season but overall very enjoyable stay!

One of the best I've stayed in, awesome staff, clean facilities, good common area and it's located less than 5 min from independence hall. I came to Philly because I heard from a friend how awesome it was, and it was the highlight of the city! Most staff is working for accommodation, but is giving the best, welcoming and friendly service possible. I got the feeling of visiting a friend rather than staying in a hostel. Awesome.

Best Hostel in the city! Nice people around! Very Friendly.

• 22nd Apr 2015
  • Argentina

This hostel was the perfect place to stop for a few nights in Philadelphia! All of the staff were lovely, it was very clean, and it had a nice kitchen lounge area where you could chill out in the evening.

Lovely place! Will return for sure if visiting Philadelphia again! :)

The staffs are awesome! Very nice and helpful! Very clean place!

Staff are extremely friendly, shout out to Chad and Grace for their hospitality!

• 12th Apr 2015
  • Hong Kong

AWESOME The location in old Philly is awesome. The hostel is very clean which is awesome, Staff is great and very helpful (awesome) just like I said its an Awesome place the stay

View all Philadelphia Hostels