Old Flat Hostel on 1st Sovetskaya Reviews

1st Sovetskaya str. 12 app.1, St Petersburg, Russia

Awesome place, very close of the main turistic places, the staff is very kind and always help you, i recommend this place 100%.

That was total disrespect! I booked a room for six 2 weeks in advance. I deliberately chose 1st Sovetskaya location. I confirmed the booking and told the manager that we will check in late. He said that we'd better pay 100% for a room. I paid it 100% 3 days before arrival. In the morning of our arrival they again confirmed our booking. BUT: around 8pm the same day they said that our room is occupied and we need to move to another location on Nekrasova! How could THAT happen after 100% pay?!?

• 11th Oct 2014
  • Russia

The dorm was very noisy and dirty. People were staying there on a monthly basis I guess to find work. The day we checked out a pest exterminator had to come because of bed buggs and other insects. The staff could poorly speak English and the other facilites like the showers werent clean at all. You get what you pay for.

• 9th Oct 2014

Thanks to hostel staffs, I was reading some comments before, I don't accept them. I want suggestion to everybody, thank you very much also Hostelworld team.

• 11th Sep 2014
  • Turkey

Don't book this hostel, it will not means anything. When I've come at the evening, staff said me, that peolpe who comes earlier take all the places, so my booking is not valid, and I was moved to another f**ken place.

Very dirty everywhere and too much noisy at nights, because people are parting right in the middle of the hostel

This hostel seems to be set up for long term Russian guests. Many of the staff spoke no English at all and seemed genuinely pissed off that I was there. They had over booked this hostel so I was moved to their other, less conveniently located hostel which smelt of shoes and sweat, was over crowded and had some pretty disgusting toilets and showers and a very small kitchen. They also refused to register us. On the plus side, it's cheap and had a washing machine.

The hostel's okay if you have to catch a train early the next day or arrive in Petersburg late, as it's right next to the Moscow train station. For anything else though, I would recommend you find a hostel that is more centrally located and has staff that is better able to communicate in English.

It didn' t really feel like a hostel but it was comfortable anyway.

A little gem of a place. Cosy, calm and near the Moscow station. Great canteen on one side and fantatsic 'Music on the Roof' Restaurant on the other side. Lockers, free wifi, bag storage and laundry was a bonus!

The hostel was decent just like any other hostel but the operations and so called policies are misunderstood by the owner and staff members. They wanted a registration fee to be paid while staying two nights, which by law states you only need to register if you are in the same location for more than 7 days. As a person on a humanatarian visa mine is valid for 3 months and still wanted me to pay the registration fee. This happened to other foreigners here and argued with a money hungry dictato

• 13th Jul 2013

the worst hostel ever!!!

• 27th Jun 2013
  • Malaysia

Location and price are very good but it's difficult to get in the hostel at night because staff was absent in it.

Staff was not very friendly to me. I felt like I was in an old-style soviet hotel. The same attitude. Sure, they do what they have to do, but where is the hostel atmosphere? It's also tiny and have very small shared area. The best is its location - right next to Moscowskiy train station and Nevskiy. Also it's pretty clean there. But definitely there's lack of atmosphere.

I liked staying there, location is great, right in the historical center of the city, the staff was nice and helpful.

• 12th Feb 2013