Old Prague Hostel Reviews

Benediktska 2/685, Old Town, Prague, Czech Republic

First of all, the hostel looks really nice, right from the reception to the rooms. In addition to that, the room where we eat breakfast has only large tables, which makes you bond with the other guests. The staff is lovely; they take care of all of your needs, very friendly and know there is to know about Prague. The only thing I would change is to book my flight for a couple of more days, so I can stay longer at this awesome hostel!

• 24th Aug 2015
  • Israel

Could of done with some urinals in the gents.

• 20th Aug 2015
  • All Male Group, 18-24

If you're travelling alone just don't go there. The commodities are ok, but the ambiance is totally dead. There are no activities directly organised by the hostel, so if you don't come as a group, forget about it. I booked two days, but finally i left this hostel to really enjoy my time and booked a night in Hostel One, where I got a lot of fun. No comparison possible...

The free sandwich in the morning is a lovely touch, friendly staff and great location but our sheets were pretty musty. overall, served great purpose in prague whilst we were interrailing.

Hostel needs improvements. The door locker of my bedroom has been not working good, doing noise when someone tried to open the door. Futhermore, some of the guests are very mess people. Breakfast are very poor, only cereals , coffee and milk. They told us about sandwiches but i didn´t take anyone during my stay.

• 17th Aug 2015

The security and environment, atmosphere is excellent. The location is surrounded by good transport network, shops and activities to get involved in. The staff are friendly and efficient. Good hygiene and free breakfast and WiFi. Thank you as I had a wonderful time.

• 16th Aug 2015

Friendly staff and a very cosy hostel to stay in :)

The only noticeable issue was a lack of power outlets in the rooms. It made charging things overnight difficult.

Awesome: staff friendliness and help, location Good: breakfast. Although I always missed it : )) but the sandwitch sounded good Can be better: All negative comments from other reviews are true. Lack of privacy in showers/rudimentary. Only one toilet per bunch of rooms. But the worse part is the fact that some rooms are connected to other rooms and people just pass by. Or keep forgeting to get a key and knock on the door. Seriously, owners should charge half for those intermediate rooms.

Mi room (number 1) was so close to the street and the noise was terrible

• 13th Aug 2015
  • Mexico

Breakfast was good. Cleaners took my towel unfortunately, although the desk gave me a new one I would much rather have had my own. My request was ignored not to be in a room alone with men (I am female) that might not have been a problem in normal circumstances but due to how isolated the top floors are from reception and how thick the doors are. I did not feel safe.

• 11th Aug 2015

BEST PLACE TO STAY!!!! BEST ATMOSPHERE!!!! BEST STAFF (ALEX AND NURIA WERE AMAZING) AND EVERYONE WAS SO NICE TO EACH OTHER. EVERYONE TALKED WITH EVERYONE AND EVERYONE WENT OUT WITH EVERYONE!!!!! NEXT YEAR, I'M GOING TO STAY THERE AGAIN!!!!

Great hostel, great location. Definitely worth the money!

• 10th Aug 2015

Very clean and safe. Lockers in the rooms. Room 310 had to walk through our room(309) which was a little annoying and noisy. Very close to everything. Did the free walking tour and paid pub crawl they recommended which was fun. No AC though so during this heatwave we died a little every night. Breakfast is warm milk and cereal but the sandwich was a savior. Wifi was iffy in the rooms but got the job done for the most part.

Find it absolutely ridiculous to make the exact same six people check out, wait till two to check in, to find out your all still together in a room three doors across. There is no airflow or fans in the hostel which makes it impossible to sleep and not having a good common area promotes large crowd gathering in hallways and stairwells to talk all night. Also a room where six other people have to go through your room to reach there's is horrendous.! Overall, it was clean and well maintained.

The bar downstairs was just a little to loud but I guess party comes first before sleep when you are in Prague.

• 8th Aug 2015
  • Philippines

Very nice hostel. I was there in 36 degree heat so having no air con was very difficult!

It was super here. Man can meet new friends and the staff are very patient and friendly. Thanks for the best services.

• 6th Aug 2015
  • Ningningdududu
  • China

This hostel was in a good location and the dorm rooms were very large The wifi wasn't too good in the rooms but downstairs in the common areas it was of high speed A few problems is that 1) the rooms get very hot, very quick and even with the windows open it still felt like a sauna 2) there were plugs at the bottom of the walls so if you're staying in top bunk it is very difficult to charge stuff up and use them 3) there was no oven or stovetop just a microwave which made making meals harder

The hostel is well located, easy access to displacement. It was clean but only had one male and female toilet per floor. The room I stayed was sold as of 6 beds, but it was access to a second bedroom, so people wake me up at night to go to the other room. The elevator always presents problems for use. Always had to open and close the door two times to run. Few outputs electrical energy. The internet does not work well. And they were confused, they got my towel and did not return.

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7