Old Prague Hostel Reviews

Benediktska 2/685, Old Town, Prague, Czech Republic

Security was really good, staff were nice. Free breakfast was a bonus, location was good. But its difficult to find if you don't have a map. Really wasn't ideal that there was only one toilet for girls on our floor between 5 dorm rooms; especially that there is a shower in the girls bathroom. So when you needed the toilet you couldn't go because someone was showering so you had to wait ages

We enjoyed our stay at Old Prague! The location was really great and the staff was super helpful with restaurant, tour, and activity suggestions. Only complaint is that the WIFI didn't work in our room on the second floor, other than that great stay!

This hostel has lots to offer and is in a good location

Very friendly and courteous staff! Extremely backpacker freind ly!Would love to stay here again

Lovely comfy beds, in room which lock, so it's really secure. You get a big locker, big enough to fit a hiking rucksack in, which is what mort people seem to take with them. Good communal area, a good place to make friends and memories!

Front desk staff are amazing, everything was kept clean. Overall a great stay!

• 24th Jun 2015

Overall pretty good. However, as a group of young travellers, it was advertised as a sociable party hostel and yet were told to be quiet at 10 30pm. Staff (especially the young American woman!!) were really good and helpful. Rooms were clean and bright and light. Atmosphere in the hostel is good in general but just not at night time. Breakfast was v basic but free so fine. Security good, codes always to get in. Overall would recommend but not if you're looking for a buzzing nightlife hostel.

I thought that the overall stay was super! Only bad thing was that the rooms was'nt very plesant was that we could hear everyone scream and you could hear people very well through the walls. Otherwise we liked it!

• 24th Jun 2015
  • Sweden

Everything was awesome, great location staff and overall vibe of the guests. wifi was the worst part of it - slow in the rooms, decent at best in common areas.

• 23rd Jun 2015

The deposit is stupid and doesn't make sense, why don't you just add a little on the price and give it back at the end, also our group of 8 were only given 2 keys and 2 lockers

We enjoyed our stay at Old Prague Hostel. You can't beat the price! The people working were very friendly and helpful. The free breakfast in the morning was an added bonus. The rooms were decent and the bathrooms were kept clean. The only downside was that the wifi only worked in certain areas.

Lovely place! The common room is wonderful, and the beds are comfy - especially for the price. Great location. I'm sorry I blew out all your power with my janky power adapter just moments before leaving for the airport.

• 22nd Jun 2015

Old Prague Hostel is in a great location and draws a fun crowd. The common area is used and is great to meet people. The staff were all very friendly and helpful. The showers could use improvement, water pressure was practically dripping. Overall a great value and place to stay.

Well located in The Old Town-part of Prague, close to the Palladium mall. The rooms were not top modern but clean and functioning. Good atmosphere at the hostel, and a big plus for the free breakfast! Very nice and friendly staff.

• 22nd Jun 2015
  • Sweden

The wifi was very, very bad. I wasn't informed that I was going to be made to switch beds the second morning for the rest of my stay, like I was supposed to be told at check-in. I found out very late at night by chance (4am) and was still asked to be out of my room by 10:30. The following night two girls kept literally everyone in my 8-person room awake from 5:30-7:30am. I tried to ask the reception for help via email as to not start a fight, and received a curt and rude response, and no help.

I had an amazing stay at this hostel! It was my first time in an hostel, but if this is the standard, I'm never staying in a hotel again. The staff was great, free breakfast and sandwich were good and the hostel was nice and clean and not too loud. Would recommend it to anybody!

• 21st Jun 2015

Lack of social areas, my room was away from most other rooms.

• 20th Jun 2015
  • Norway

Messed up the train to Kraków and the staff were brilliant at getting us beds for a few extra nights despite being busy!

The staff was very friendly; the breakfast was very good (sandwitch, orange juice and cereals); the beds were confortable; the kichen and the toilets were ok also. What I do not agree is the fact that we have to leave at 10 am but we cannot check in before 2 pm. I think that this is not fair because we pay for one whole day.

• 19th Jun 2015

Nice hostel near from the touristic places, good bars and clubs. A little bit noisy, but the staff is very kind and helpful. I think there are not enough restrooms (only one in each "room"). Simple breakfast but we can have a sandwich so it's useful.

• 18th Jun 2015