Old Prague Hostel Reviews

Benediktska 2/685, Old Town, Prague, Czech Republic

We enjoyed our stay at Old Prague! The location was really great and the staff was super helpful with restaurant, tour, and activity suggestions. Only complaint is that the WIFI didn't work in our room on the second floor, other than that great stay!

This hostel has lots to offer and is in a good location

Very friendly and courteous staff! Extremely backpacker freind ly!Would love to stay here again

Lovely comfy beds, in room which lock, so it's really secure. You get a big locker, big enough to fit a hiking rucksack in, which is what mort people seem to take with them. Good communal area, a good place to make friends and memories!

Front desk staff are amazing, everything was kept clean. Overall a great stay!

• 24th Jun 2015

Overall pretty good. However, as a group of young travellers, it was advertised as a sociable party hostel and yet were told to be quiet at 10 30pm. Staff (especially the young American woman!!) were really good and helpful. Rooms were clean and bright and light. Atmosphere in the hostel is good in general but just not at night time. Breakfast was v basic but free so fine. Security good, codes always to get in. Overall would recommend but not if you're looking for a buzzing nightlife hostel.

I thought that the overall stay was super! Only bad thing was that the rooms was'nt very plesant was that we could hear everyone scream and you could hear people very well through the walls. Otherwise we liked it!

• 24th Jun 2015
  • Sweden

The deposit is stupid and doesn't make sense, why don't you just add a little on the price and give it back at the end, also our group of 8 were only given 2 keys and 2 lockers

We enjoyed our stay at Old Prague Hostel. You can't beat the price! The people working were very friendly and helpful. The free breakfast in the morning was an added bonus. The rooms were decent and the bathrooms were kept clean. The only downside was that the wifi only worked in certain areas.

The wifi was very, very bad. I wasn't informed that I was going to be made to switch beds the second morning for the rest of my stay, like I was supposed to be told at check-in. I found out very late at night by chance (4am) and was still asked to be out of my room by 10:30. The following night two girls kept literally everyone in my 8-person room awake from 5:30-7:30am. I tried to ask the reception for help via email as to not start a fight, and received a curt and rude response, and no help.

I had an amazing stay at this hostel! It was my first time in an hostel, but if this is the standard, I'm never staying in a hotel again. The staff was great, free breakfast and sandwich were good and the hostel was nice and clean and not too loud. Would recommend it to anybody!

• 21st Jun 2015

Lack of social areas, my room was away from most other rooms.

• 20th Jun 2015
  • Norway

Messed up the train to Kraków and the staff were brilliant at getting us beds for a few extra nights despite being busy!

The staff was very friendly; the breakfast was very good (sandwitch, orange juice and cereals); the beds were confortable; the kichen and the toilets were ok also. What I do not agree is the fact that we have to leave at 10 am but we cannot check in before 2 pm. I think that this is not fair because we pay for one whole day.

• 19th Jun 2015

Nice hostel near from the touristic places, good bars and clubs. A little bit noisy, but the staff is very kind and helpful. I think there are not enough restrooms (only one in each "room"). Simple breakfast but we can have a sandwich so it's useful.

• 18th Jun 2015

So tricky to find the hostel! Average room, nothing special, but the location was really good.

Great stay, close to everything, clean, friendly staff and the free sandwich you can get fit lunch is handy when your traveling on a budget. Only thing was that there wasn't a great bathroom ratio but it wasn't to big an issue. All in all a great trip!

There are key pads, room keys and a locker, so security is good. The staff are really nice and helpful. Breakfast is included, there's a little library, nice common areas, a kitchen. The hostel is quite easy to find. I was on the first floor which had a dodgy bathroom situation. Only one girls' toilet between several rooms, at least one of which has 12 people in it. Two showers with translucent screens and the door onto the hall doesn't shut properly and the screens on one shower were broken.

The hostel was at a great location, just a short walk away from the main town square and attractions. There was also a few shopping centres a few minutes walk away. Service was great and the rooms were to my expectations based on the pictures provided.

I spent one night at mixed dorm and my stay was ok there. Lockers at the room could be a bit bigger (couldn't fit my luggage there), but otherwise everything were perfect. Showers and toilets were clean, there were 3 showers for girl in that floor I was staying and it was enough. Toilets and showers were also separated which is always nice to avoid having long queues in the mornings. :) Breakfast good, cereals, breadrolls and tea/coffee. Overall good experience

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7