Old Quarter Reviews

Warmoesstraat 22, Amsterdam, Netherlands

This place was pretty gross overall. It smells weird in the halls and sometimes in the room. I definitely wore shower shoes in the shower and everywhere in my room. The room definitely looks different than in the pictures we saw. If we had seen what our room looked like beforehand, we definitely would not have stayed there. Location is kind of sketchy-in a dumpy part of town. The wifi was amazing though!

This hotel was horrible. We could hear EVERYTHING that was happening in the rooms nearby. And it was impossible to get any sleep as there were either people being loud downstairs or facilities cleaning during the early morning hours right outside. How do they honestly expect anyone to get any sleep? Worst 2 nights I've ever spent in a hotel. Only good part was that it was close to the central station and lots of restaurants.

• 21st Dec 2014

If you want to be in the thick of Amsterdam, consider this hotel. Very near Centraal Station, RLD, cafes, shops, trams. Facilities were cleaned daily; fresh towels. I was in a 2 twin bed room- narrow, small. Had issues with two electrical outlets; fried my USB adapter/charger and tripped the breaker. Stairs are very, very steep, if that is of concern. Pub is open to the public, so the atmosphere is fun. Bartenders(Sammy, Julia? & others) are very friendly and talkative.

Staff not overly helpful, room not ready on time, had to wait another hour! When asked about this staff didn't really seem bothered and said the house keeper was being slow, in my opinion not a good response and very unhelpful. Shower room could do with a new shower curtain, lack of toilet paper in toilet. Lockable rooms, but when dropped off luggage in the hold room door wasn't being locked, very concerning. Great location, easy to locate.

We really liked our room on the top floor, with views over the street. It's a bit noisy but that's what you get for the location - but everything with the hotel was good and I would stay there again. The only annoying thing was that the Wifi didn't stretch to our room so we had to be downstairs to use it.

The place was clean but very old fashioned with a very strong smell of weed!