Old Quarter Reviews

Warmoesstraat 22, Amsterdam, Netherlands

The place was clean but very old fashioned with a very strong smell of weed!

Great location. Not a party hostel. Good bar.

Very good central location, room was clean and tidy and sheets and towels were changed daily. However wifi did not work once during our 3 day stay and it was a tad expensive.

The security here is terrible! We were scared to leave our room key at the desk because every time we came back to get it, they just handed it to us without looking at our room card. Anybody could have gone into our room! We couldn't eat our food downstairs either because it happened to also be a restaraunt and bar for the public. The location and the comfy beds

Room was far too small for a four person group (more appropriate for two people). Bathroom flooded when we tried to take showers. Noise from the street is constant so very difficult to sleep at night. We had to leave early for alternate accommodation.

Wifi in the room would have been pretty handy. Other than that it was a pleasant stay.

• 27th Jun 2014
  • South Africa

Absolute perfect location - I especially recommend the brownies next door at hunters. The rooms could have been a bit nicer, and the toilets/shower were dirty. But apart from that the stay was great Just be aware there's not much of a hostel vibe, mostly families and couples.

If you're looking for a great location and bad security, stay here. They gave a set of our room keys to another guest who walked into our locked room while we were sleeping. Staff accused us of lying and did not even apologize. Overall, the hostel was clean, but when we asked staff for restaurants/directions etc., they did not provide them. The atmosphere was lacklustre and rarely had people around - bad for meeting others. Other than location, hostel overall sucked. Don't stay!

Great location, tons of coffee shops around, the room was pretty clean. Liked it overall.

Perfect location, only a minute walk from Central. If you're staying near the top, one of the staircases is a little uneven at the spiral, so easy on the booze.

• 21st May 2014

Great location, in the center of center.

Perfect starting point for exploring Amsterdam. Friendly staff, basic but clean rooms, nice and quiet during the night. Not that much guests during our stay.

The location is simply perfect! Its a 10 minute walk from the central station and you are just steps away from some of amsterdams most interesting places. The staff was generally very nice and helpful. The rooms were in far better condition than I had expected for the price and I would happily return any day!

• 29th Jan 2014
  • Belgium

The only good thing about this place is the location. The staff overcharged us and claimed they had put the money back onto my credit card, but it never showed. I stayed in a twin room with a friend. The sink in our room leaked so we could not use the tap. The window did not shut properly and the room was a cupboard. The walls are so thin we could hear the man in the next room breathing - and he wasnt snoring! we were there over new years so i realise prices were inflated, but it was ridiculous!

The hostel is situated above a bar in the middle of the red light district. A friend and I stayed in a twin private room. The room was very small and not exactly the cleanest, but we were only there to sleep. The hostel/bar staff were friendly and helpful. Overall good stay.

I thought this place was great! The staff were all friendly and helpful, the lobby was like a pub, coffeeshops are so close buy :) this whole city I loved, being from BC, Canada I felt right at home! The city is beautiful, the trees and canals, felt totally safe, everyone speaks English, I'll be back ASAP.. Thanks again! :)

I enjoyed my stay Old Quarter. It was a perfect location, the staff were super friendly. My room was clean when I arrived, the facilities were kept clean, if I ever return I would definitely stay there again.

• 31st Jul 2013

Great Crew who handle everything from Check-in to serving drinks and food. Are a great source of information for any questions we had. We had a FANTASTIC time!!!

• 29th Jul 2013

Great place and location to stay just a few nights. Comfortable and clean beds and nice staff.

The staff are lovely and it is in THE PERFECT location on the Main Street coffee shops all around and a street away from red light district (you don't want to be to close as they attract hordes of frisky gawking tourists). There is a restaurant but no kitchen or fridge for guests to use. Great stay apart from one incident when I was reprimanded by a rude man for sitting in the restaurant at 6am using wifi. (Only some rooms have reception)