Old Taiwan (Liouhe) Hostel Reviews

No.8, Ln. 6, Zili 1st Rd., Xinxing Dist., Kaohsiung, Taiwan

The staff was wonderfully friendly, offering suggestions on what to do or how to get there. We were given hand-drawn maps in English of good places to eat and visit. The kitchen is a nice space and our room was large and comfortable. I appreciated that it was only a few minutes away from the Liouhe Night Market. Very enjoyable stay.

The best I experienced in Taiwan. A double bed with 2 sets of blanket is always a plus XD We were welcomed by super friendly staffs, they gave us lots of travel tips in the area. Rooms were well maintained and cleaned everyday when we were out. The decoration inside the hostel is amazing too. It's more like a museum :D In term of facilities, tv, Internet, clothes hangers are provided. Nothing to complain at all. Location is great too, right next to convenience stores and night market.

总体不错,老板娘超热情,就是厕所有异味

A good place to stay for young people. There is some distance to get to the subway, but there are a lot of little cheap restaurants to eat around the hostel. The owner is very nice, providing us a lot of useful information and helps us to call a taxi. I like the mirror in the bathroom. It is in the shape of Taiwan. I like its style. The only disappointment is the kids are bitten by mosquitoes or bugs, maybe.

• 25th Jan 2014
  • China

This hostel was located near 2 subway stations and also Liuhe Night Market! The staff were very helpful in helping me find bus stops. If I ever stay in Kaohsiung again, I'm definitely staying here!

It's very close to the Liouhe night market. The nearest subway station is Mei Li Dao, ten mins walk from the hostel.

I am very pleased to have booked this hostel for my stay at Kaohsiung. Landlady was extremely helpful and the hostel was clean and fully equipped.

• 3rd Jan 2014
  • Singapore

The boss was very hospitable and friendly. Wonderful location, just 5-10minutes walk away from the Formosa Boulevard station. Highly recommended :)

The kindness & hospitality of the staff really leave an impression on you. I really wanted to try Taiwanese hotpot and Viola accompanied me there. You can borrow bike sometimes. The day I checked out, I had to stay behind because of serious circumstances... the staff went really out of their way to help me out, even though I had already checked out! I will definitely come back here because they do everything they can to make it a home away from home. I love this hostel & trust me, you will too.

Liouhe is one of the funkiest hostels I stayed at in Taiwan. It is beautiful decorated with pictures, postcards and antiques to evoke Taiwan in the early 20th century.There is a lovely rooftop patio where you chill out, watch the sunset,etc. and hang laundry.The owner (Viola) is from Kaohsiung so can tell you all about the city. She even lent me her personal bike for the day to explore the city. She also helped me a lot making forward bookings to Taitung and Doulan.Also close to a great market.

Very friendly and helpful staff.

• 22nd Nov 2013
  • Singapore

Houseowner is very friendly , talkative and helpful, we love this hostel very much! Although we just stay for one night only.