Old Town Accommodation Reviews

We spent there great days, thanks for your hospitality

Loved staying here and wished we could have stayed longer!! Truly one of the best experiences of our entire trip was staying at this guesthouse with Dzemal and his mother. It's very close to the old town (5 mins walk), the beds are comfortable, there is a decent kitchen, fast wifi, and everything was clean. Plus Dzemal picked us up at the train station. Not to mention that the hosts are really incredible. We felt like old friends from the very beginning. They are such welcoming and warm people.

Perfect! Wonderful to enjoy an authentic family-stay experience in Sarajevo. Highly recommended.

This guesthouse was amazing. Dzemal was an amazing host, we arrived late on the train from Mostar and he came and picked us up at no extra charge. He gave us a great map of the city and explained where all the main sites were I wanted to visit. On our last day Dzemal and his mother sat down and talked with us, which was an amazing experience. His mother made us traditional Bosnian coffee and had a smile that could brighten anybody's day. I would definitely suggest this guesthouse!

Excellent value for money.

• 1st Nov 2013
  • Slovenia

Sarajevo was our first stop for our little Balkan trip and thanks to Dzemal and his lovely mother everything went great. He even offered to pick us up from the airport for free and helped us about everything. The place is very close to the center, 5 min walking distance, very clean, quiet and peaceful place to stay. You should definitely have a time to chat his mother, she was absolutely amazing. I recommend you to all who are looking for a place to stay in Sarajevo, you won't regret it!

Amazing place. In the central of Old Town. Very nice and friendly owner. I can only recommend you this place. When i am back in Sarajevo I stay here for sure.

This accommodation lived up to its reputation. The host and his mother were incredibly friendly, welcoming and great to stay with. On arrival we were given information on the places to go and see, and we even had some laundry done for us with no hassle which was fantastic having been on the road for almost 3 weeks. Sarajevo was a highlight for me and Old Town Accommodation really contributed to the great experience. I would definitely recommend.

The place is very nice, the host very hospitable and talkative, willing to help. Although it lacks some basic facilities like a cupboard in the room or rubbish bin, I suppose it is just a question of time for the owner to supply the room with it. The Landlord;-) is very sociable and talkative, so reserve some time for a nice conversation.

• 8th Sep 2013
  • Poland

Great place to stay in Sarajevo: room is spacious, good facilities, great location. Don is a very friendly host and we had some great chats with him.

If I ever make it back to Sarajevo, I wouldn't even think of staying anywhere else. I'll echo everyone else's comments by saying that Dzemal (hello from Baltimore!) and his mother are absolutely fantastic hosts. The rooms are clean and secure, and it's located in a good neighborhood a couple minutes walk from the Bascarsija.

Very good location, close to old town. Great people and they know how to prepare very aromatic coffee. I'm really satisfied.

• 3rd Sep 2013
  • Poland

Dzemal is one of the kindest people I've ever met. He's very helpful, knows a lot about Sarajevo and not only, he's fun and intelligent and has great sense of humour. If you're looking for a good atmosphere and want to make new friends, this one is for you! Now, as far as hostel goes it's very convenient, clean and close to the heart of city. It's 5 minutes from main sights, so distance is no problem. You can also count on good coffee,which is made by Dzemal's mother, very nice and kind lady.

Dzamal and his mother are great people, very sociable, friendly and halpfull. They care about this hostel alone and you can feel the familiar Atmosphere. The coffe in the morning with the Host and a long about future and the past make the whole stay unforgettable. Thank you!

One of the best accomodations we found in our trip through the balkans. It is very well located, a few minutes walking down to the old town, near the yellow fortress where you can have great views of the entire city! The place is clean, very comfortable, and the staff (Dzemal and his mother) are really friendly, they even drove us to the bus station for our next trip! I would definitely stay with them again!

The best appartments/hostels I stopped during the year for reasonable price. It's very safe, clean and friendly place next to the historical center of Sarajevo

This was the nicest possible hostel and Jamal and his mum where absolutely amazing! Some of the nicest people you will ever meet!

• 25th Aug 2013

Very friendly hosts. Quite near center Barščašija. Very clean tolilet and badroom. And free private parking.

• 16th Aug 2013
  • Croatia

Very nice and friendly place. Five minutes walk uphill from the heart of the city. Very clean!

Very good Hostel, dzemo and his mother are very very nice! If you go to Sarajevo sleep in old town accomodation!

• 13th Aug 2013