Old Town Alur Hostel Reviews

Lai 20 Tallinn, Tallinn, Estonia

Wifi very bad in room.

This hostel is situated just in the middle of the old town, which is great and the staff has been helpful to us during our stay. The real problem with this hostel are toilets and washrooms. The number of toilets on each floor is definitely not enough and, moreover, the smell coming out from them is unbearable. Also our dorm didn't really seem very clean to us. The doors of our dorm were constantly open, even at night, but this is probably due to the people which were sharing the dorm with us.

the best thing about this hostel is its location, which is very central and very convenient for exploring Tallinn. the room I stayed didn't seem clean enough for me. The same thing about shower and toilet. I stayed in a private room. But it didn't really felt private - the room was very close to the entrance, very noisy. I heard anyone in the corridor. It's not like that bad,but just felt uncomfortable. As a whole,it's a good low-cost option if u need only to stay overnight.

Could do with a few decent showers - majority require pressing a button to restart every 30 seconds or so which makes it difficult to wash your hair. Rooms are spacious though and reception guy was friendly and helpful. Location is good for exploring the old town. Hostel was pretty empty so atmosphere wasn't great but I guess that comes down to timing.

Excellent location and staff were very helpful with trying to sort out issues. WiFi was fast but not accessible throughout the hostel and the bathrooms whilst a good standard were very quickly very dirty due to the high throughput of people (some showers blocked and filled up). A small amount of queuing was necessary for the bathrooms. Common areas were crowded but also a good place to meet people.

I had a really great time at alur! Though the showers didn't provide much hot water and the commonroom was small and not so crowded, the staff was supernice, the rooms were big and clean and the pub crawl they arranged was awesome! I would definitely come back here! Thank you

We stayed in this hostel for a weekend trip from Finland. We had a group of 5 people, and luckily this hostel offered us a nice 5 person private, a type of room not found in many places! The staff was very friendly, and offered to watch over our bags while we waited for our ship to leave on Sunday evening. The facilities were good, we didn't really spend time at the hostel but the time we did, everything went smoothly. The location is amazing. Will recommend!

I had a great stay at the Old Town Alur Hostel; the private room was large and clean and the location is perfect. I was a little dissapointed that the wireless signal did not reach my room (room 5 on the third floor). Also, the kitchen was really beat up - the sink faucet was mostly broken - required some trickery to use it. I would definitely consider staying there again though.

• 14th Jun 2014

Thank you, it was pleasure !

it was a little unconfortable that the staff was sleeping/living in the common areas where we had to eat our meals. we had to pay a deposit to get keys to our rooms but the staff left the doors wide open for hours anyway during the cleaning hours of the hostel. They should make it easier to open the windows in the 14 person dorm to get fresh air. But apart from these things the kitchen was nice and there was good internet connection everywhere, and overall we had a good time in this hostel.

Great location! Hostel has everything you need Staff were friendly and helpful Can definitely recommend!

We spent 1 night in this hostel. We payed for 6 beds in a 10 bedroom, and it resulted to be a very big room divided in different spaces, but for 18 or even more people. We were going to be kicked out of the common room at 12 pm because somebody didn't have were to sleep and they rented a sofa in the common room, and the staff just told us to leave with no reason. Finally we spoke with the person who was sleeping there and solved the problem ourselves.

Security, location, and facilities are OK; perhaps breakfast should be better than it was in order to deserve € 3. Staff is helpful but barely friendly. I wish the staff girl at that moment wasn't just waiting for my check out early in the morning, I assume because I booked for only one night (it was not possible to book more nights during this sold out weekend), she was almost yelling on my back, instead of properly talk on face. Doesn't she know how to ask for simple answers? Absent-minded :-(

Really enjoyed my stay at Alur. I was made to feel welcome upon arrival. The staff were great and advised me on what to see and do during my stay in Tallinn. Went on a really nice day trip to the national park that I would highly recommend. The location couldn't have been better. I will surely return to stay there. Thanks to the staff, You are all Awesome