Old Town Alur Hostel Reviews

Lai 20 Tallinn, Tallinn, Estonia

The hostel is really good, clean and nice place to stay.

• 6th Feb 2016
  • Belgium

rooms were big and spacy, good hostel location too!

• 30th Jan 2016
  • kaiyisg
  • Singapore

This hostel was great. The location is very great: since the old town is very small you can reach every main spot in 10 minutes walk. It has for everybody an own locker for free and a very cozy common room. The only disadvantage is that you have to pay for a towel (50 ct) and that at least our bed felt really insecure and when you wanted to climb to the upper bed of the bunk bed the hole bed was shaking. But it is definitly worth the money and the staff was really helpful and nice!

• 28th Jan 2016

Firstly, when we arrived, they said that there was a mistake and they had given our room (private 4 bed room) to others. It was ok since we said that as long we had a room on our own we didn't mind. They gave us a 6 bed room which was untidy because somebody had left it a couple of hours before. Upon asking to clean the room and give us clean linen they just brought some new linen and just left it there. Besides, on hostelworld.com it was said that there would be breakfast but there wasn't.

• 23rd Jan 2016
  • Latvia

Reception staff were extremely hospitable and friendly! Upon realizing that I had booked a room wrongly, promptly helped to facilitate change without any issues. They also helped with pointing out good/attractive tourist locations, activities, and eating places for us to visit. I had also booked the patarai prison tour through them but due to a lack of participants (minimum 5-6), they helped by asking affiliated hostels for other participants so that the tour could proceed. Good work & thanks!

• 18th Jan 2016
  • chiru
  • Singapore

All the staff were very nice especially the blonde girl and the girl with the blue hair was very friendly polite and kind. Very nice to talk to made you feel at home.

Fantastic hostel! Great staff and good atmosphere. Can't wait to stay here again!

Loved this hostel. Everything was great but the staff were even better. Everyone was super nice and helpful and went out of their way to hang out and make our stay even better. Have and will stay there again.

Some of the friendliest staff that I have ever met, really nice looking room with a comfortable bed, and a great location in Old Town. Really awesome value. Only complaint was that the room was a bit cold and there was really no way to adjust it. But, it was freezing outside and we had lots of blankets, so we made it work. Overall, great stay.

• 1st Jan 2016

Great staff amazing time too many family's of Russians but that's not necessarily a negative

This hostel is great value for your money. It is located in the old section of Tallinn, and is very close to the central core. My group stayed here two nights and we were impressed by the cleanliness, and especially the excellent showers. The staff was always friendly and knowledgeable and pointed out local tips and areas to visit. I highly recommend this hostel if you are going to stay in Tallinn.

This hostel accompanied by the warm embrace of Old Town Tallinn was more than I could ask for. The simplicity of this backpacker's hostel was what I expected. But the surprising welcoming attitude of the staff and fellow guests made my short experience there superb and have me craving for a return. After asking very touristy questions, I ended up sharing plenty of laughs and memories that I will never forget and would recommend this lovely place to everyone.

• 22nd Dec 2015

I arrived late and had to wait about 5 minutes for someone to let me know. When I started making my bed there was brown stuff on my quilt. Staff apologies and got me a new quilt. To make matters worse the sheet had what looked like a Bandaid stuck to it. Also appeared a lot of things (toilet, oven, etc) were out of order. Staff were good though.

I've spent 3 nights in this hostel. It's located in the very centre old town Tallinn so you can easily reach everything (2 min to Raekoja plats, supermarket just round the corner). The room had a nice view of the street and it was very clean. The toilet and showers were also very clean, so that made me even happier! But the highlight of this hostel are definitely the staff. They were very friendly, recommended me the sights, took me for a night out and helped me with carrying my luggage :) I hop

Door lock didn't work and we locked up inside the room. It was terrible, because at night we wanted go to toilet but the room door didn't open. Had to call the hostel staff, he said sometimes it happens...

• 27th Nov 2015
  • Finland

Very nice and helpful staff, located right in the middle of town. Definitely coming back!

It is realy a chilling place and it's in the middle of the city that is wonderfull. All the staff are very kind and always ready to help you! It was really a beautifull experience! Thank you!

• 14th Nov 2015

Frustrating that despite a 24hour reception they did nothing to make the group of 42 students stop making an absolute racket at 4am - 5:30am on a Sunday night - I know its a hostel but this was ridiculously loud

There was no heating and the showers were wet and not so clean... But our stay was still great!

• 31st Oct 2015

Wonderful hostel! I totally recommend it. They can also lend you towels for 0.50 euro, totally cheap compared to other hostels I've been to in Europe. It's just in the old town and very strategic location! Town square so close, as well as Rimi (supermarket). Staff was always friendly and nice! Free lockers as well. At weekend nights when we wanted to sleep, we heard some noises from parties outside or something like that, but I didn't think this was a really bad thing. Noise wasn't too high.

« first « Prev 1 2 3