Old Town Alur Hostel Reviews

Lai 20 Tallinn, Tallinn, Estonia

Excellent location and staff were very helpful with trying to sort out issues. WiFi was fast but not accessible throughout the hostel and the bathrooms whilst a good standard were very quickly very dirty due to the high throughput of people (some showers blocked and filled up). A small amount of queuing was necessary for the bathrooms. Common areas were crowded but also a good place to meet people.

I had a really great time at alur! Though the showers didn't provide much hot water and the commonroom was small and not so crowded, the staff was supernice, the rooms were big and clean and the pub crawl they arranged was awesome! I would definitely come back here! Thank you

We stayed in this hostel for a weekend trip from Finland. We had a group of 5 people, and luckily this hostel offered us a nice 5 person private, a type of room not found in many places! The staff was very friendly, and offered to watch over our bags while we waited for our ship to leave on Sunday evening. The facilities were good, we didn't really spend time at the hostel but the time we did, everything went smoothly. The location is amazing. Will recommend!

I had a great stay at the Old Town Alur Hostel; the private room was large and clean and the location is perfect. I was a little dissapointed that the wireless signal did not reach my room (room 5 on the third floor). Also, the kitchen was really beat up - the sink faucet was mostly broken - required some trickery to use it. I would definitely consider staying there again though.

• 14th Jun 2014

Thank you, it was pleasure !

it was a little unconfortable that the staff was sleeping/living in the common areas where we had to eat our meals. we had to pay a deposit to get keys to our rooms but the staff left the doors wide open for hours anyway during the cleaning hours of the hostel. They should make it easier to open the windows in the 14 person dorm to get fresh air. But apart from these things the kitchen was nice and there was good internet connection everywhere, and overall we had a good time in this hostel.

Great location! Hostel has everything you need Staff were friendly and helpful Can definitely recommend!

We spent 1 night in this hostel. We payed for 6 beds in a 10 bedroom, and it resulted to be a very big room divided in different spaces, but for 18 or even more people. We were going to be kicked out of the common room at 12 pm because somebody didn't have were to sleep and they rented a sofa in the common room, and the staff just told us to leave with no reason. Finally we spoke with the person who was sleeping there and solved the problem ourselves.

Security, location, and facilities are OK; perhaps breakfast should be better than it was in order to deserve € 3. Staff is helpful but barely friendly. I wish the staff girl at that moment wasn't just waiting for my check out early in the morning, I assume because I booked for only one night (it was not possible to book more nights during this sold out weekend), she was almost yelling on my back, instead of properly talk on face. Doesn't she know how to ask for simple answers? Absent-minded :-(

Really enjoyed my stay at Alur. I was made to feel welcome upon arrival. The staff were great and advised me on what to see and do during my stay in Tallinn. Went on a really nice day trip to the national park that I would highly recommend. The location couldn't have been better. I will surely return to stay there. Thanks to the staff, You are all Awesome

Really friendly place, was very laid back and really allowed us to make the most of our trip. Thanks again

• 4th Apr 2014

hostel is in the heart of tallinn's old town- the perfect location! the staff are all young and super friendly which is a welcome change from russia where no one smiles :P my only (small) complaint is that my room didn't have curtains for big window- buildings are pretty close together here so if you wanna change clothes, head to the bathroom!

Thank you very much for staying with us in Alur hostel. We are happy that you enjoyed your stay. Looking forward to hosting you again!

I pick my hostels by three categories; Location, price and atmosphere/friendliness. All three factors are very well met here. Staff is great, and international, location is perfect. Also there is a top kitchen, that may not look fancy but has absolutely everything u need to cook, and keep, your food. Somebody wrote WIFI is spotty, I disagree, its excellent. My room even had single beds in the dormitory which is nice. Bunks were there too but due to low season it wasn't packed.

Thank you for staying in our hostel. We were happy to have you and we hope you enjoyed your stay. You're always welcome back!

Big Hostel right in the center of old town, close to everything including a 24h shop (the only one in old town), Has a small bar, good internet, printer, Kitchen has freezer, fridge and everything needed for cooking your own meals. Was a bit quiet due to low season, but easy to meet ppl. Relaxed atmosphere. some showers are a bit old, but hot.

Thanks a lot for staying with us. We are content that you enjoyed your stay here in Alur hostel We hope to see you again in high season, when there will be more people to hang out with.