Old Town Hostel East Wing Reviews

Old Town 284, Kotor, Montenegro

One of the best hostels I have ever stayed in! The facilities were so clean and charming. The town is very tiny so it was easy to find. The staff was warm and welcoming. Everyone staying there was awesome. I have nothing negative to say! You MUST stay here!

The location, staff, beds, cleanliness and all were good at both times that I stayed in this hostel. The only thing I didn't like at all was that both times the music from outside was very loud till late in the evening while I already wanted to sleep.

Absolutely fantastic. The staff are extremely friendly. The room I stayed in had a small kitchen and dining table (not that I used it!) The hostel is a short walk from the bus station and close to the gate to the mountain walk. What could be improved? Maybe breakfast included? Thanks a lot for a great stay!

Sometimes the music is way too loud when theres some event going on that you cant really have a conversation, i know there is a chill area but still... but other than that the place is really cool and staff is helpful and overall atmosphere is nice.

• 24th Aug 2015
  • Finland

Just fix the shower drainage issues in the 12 bed dorm!

Every morning I was waked up by the bell on the square

Great place to stay. Very relaxed and cosy. If you're a light sleeper and want a sleep-in, pack some ear plugs cause the church bells start early in the morning (7am). Also don't rely too heavily on the direct transfers. I booked one but as there weren't enough people it didn't go ahead and I didn't find out until last minute. Highly recommend staying here.

• 23rd Aug 2015

The hostel staff were a bit wierd. It seemed to me and my friends that they were trying to act cool. They still maintain an old school book to see the check in and check out. My friends had a bathroom leakage problem where they had water all over the floor of their room.

Doberdan! Hostel Old Town is a great spot to stay in Kotor. The building, the room and the facilities are impressive. Perfect mark for this establishment and for the staff whom I found professional and very friendly. Well worth taking part in the various activities organized at the hostel. The dorms and the common room offer comfort to socialize with other backpackers! Kfala! Amagi Patrick

Loved this place. Lots of personality, great facilies, great location and quite comfortable. The staff were superb. They always helped me with whatever I asked - changing my kuna for euros before I left, finding a hostel at my next destination, etc.

Beautiful old building and region, all the conveniences by your bed/within your room and excellent location. Most importantly, the staff (and guests - Kaitlin) are fantastic; funny, happy and so helpful! Evening meals are a relaxed way to meet others and nightly events are a lot of fun. Awesome atmosphere, you will want to (and will) stay longer..

• 19th Aug 2015

very good room indeed

• 18th Aug 2015

I definitely recommand to stay the longer you can in this place

We booked in this hostel few months before our trip because we really wanted a pretty medieval room. But when we arrived, without asking if it was ok for us, they give us an apartment outside the hostel. It was big and with a private bathroom, but it was poorly decorated, the bed was a foam mattress a little bit dusty. If we wanted to stay in this type of location, we could afford something nicer outside the old town (with the parking for the car near the old town, the night for 2 costs us 75€)

• 17th Aug 2015

Awesome place, would 100% stay again! Staff were heaps of fun, very good atmosphere!

Over priced in my opinion. Location is great but at the prices you're paying, at least breakfast should be included. I don't recommend the tours, especially the Great Montenegro tour. It ended up being a very expensive day as nothing was included and a lot of the sites were boring. Everyone on the tour felt this way. It kind of pissed me off that the staff sold this tour to me as the "best one" but when I returned later that night, they had the "North tour" filled up for the next day! ...

very helpful staff, great location, spacious, laid-back, good vibe. I enjoyed my stay and recommend it to anyone who uses kotor as a base to explore the region. the hostel organizes or refers variety of trips and transfers that make life much easier.

• 15th Aug 2015
  • Austria

Fantastic hostel, friendly staff, great location. The home-cooked evening meal is a great way to eat well and cheaply whilst chatting to the other people staying, and the pub crawl was one of the best I've been on. Do the Great Montenegro tour if you can. The hostel organised transfer to Tirana for when we left, which saved us so much stress. Just to note, the hostel doesn't provide locks so you'll have to bring one or buy at the front desk.

Absolutely fantastic staff - were so helpful and offered great things to do in the evening. Would definitely recommend the Great Montenegro tour they offer. Rooms were clean and some of the most stylish hostel rooms I've seen. Would love to stay again!!

• 14th Aug 2015