Old Town Hostel East Wing Reviews

Old Town 284, Kotor, Montenegro

Just fix the shower drainage issues in the 12 bed dorm!

Every morning I was waked up by the bell on the square

Great place to stay. Very relaxed and cosy. If you're a light sleeper and want a sleep-in, pack some ear plugs cause the church bells start early in the morning (7am). Also don't rely too heavily on the direct transfers. I booked one but as there weren't enough people it didn't go ahead and I didn't find out until last minute. Highly recommend staying here.

• 23rd Aug 2015

The hostel staff were a bit wierd. It seemed to me and my friends that they were trying to act cool. They still maintain an old school book to see the check in and check out. My friends had a bathroom leakage problem where they had water all over the floor of their room.

Doberdan! Hostel Old Town is a great spot to stay in Kotor. The building, the room and the facilities are impressive. Perfect mark for this establishment and for the staff whom I found professional and very friendly. Well worth taking part in the various activities organized at the hostel. The dorms and the common room offer comfort to socialize with other backpackers! Kfala! Amagi Patrick

Beautiful old building and region, all the conveniences by your bed/within your room and excellent location. Most importantly, the staff (and guests - Kaitlin) are fantastic; funny, happy and so helpful! Evening meals are a relaxed way to meet others and nightly events are a lot of fun. Awesome atmosphere, you will want to (and will) stay longer..

• 19th Aug 2015

I definitely recommand to stay the longer you can in this place

Awesome place, would 100% stay again! Staff were heaps of fun, very good atmosphere!

Over priced in my opinion. Location is great but at the prices you're paying, at least breakfast should be included. I don't recommend the tours, especially the Great Montenegro tour. It ended up being a very expensive day as nothing was included and a lot of the sites were boring. Everyone on the tour felt this way. It kind of pissed me off that the staff sold this tour to me as the "best one" but when I returned later that night, they had the "North tour" filled up for the next day! ...

very helpful staff, great location, spacious, laid-back, good vibe. I enjoyed my stay and recommend it to anyone who uses kotor as a base to explore the region. the hostel organizes or refers variety of trips and transfers that make life much easier.

• 15th Aug 2015
  • Austria

Fantastic hostel, friendly staff, great location. The home-cooked evening meal is a great way to eat well and cheaply whilst chatting to the other people staying, and the pub crawl was one of the best I've been on. Do the Great Montenegro tour if you can. The hostel organised transfer to Tirana for when we left, which saved us so much stress. Just to note, the hostel doesn't provide locks so you'll have to bring one or buy at the front desk.

Absolutely fantastic staff - were so helpful and offered great things to do in the evening. Would definitely recommend the Great Montenegro tour they offer. Rooms were clean and some of the most stylish hostel rooms I've seen. Would love to stay again!!

• 14th Aug 2015

Great hostel right in the centre of the Old Town. We stayed in a double room with shared bathroom and kitchenette for 3 nights. The room was clean and nicely furnished - a bit like being in a castle for the night with the exposed brick work. Only thing I could fault was the free standing air conditioning unit - it was really noisy and made it hard to sleep with it on. We went on the Grand Montenegro Tour organised by the hostel and really enjoyed it :)

• 14th Aug 2015

Right in the middle of everything. Super clean and well maintained. Hansome check-in staff, very helpful with local knowledge. Highly recommend.

Beautiful room in a great location. The staff were friendly and helpful. Thanks for a lovely stay.

• 13th Aug 2015

Great hostel in a fantastic location in the old town. Supermarket close, little store next door, air conditioning is great in rooms, our room had a little kitchenette for coffee and tea, comfortable beds with curtains. Best feature: power sockets in lockers to charge stuff whilst locked. Great staff, awesome atmosphere in common area. Great, fast Wifi. Great recommendations from the staff, very friendly. You would be stupid not to stay here.

Very cool hostel in old town

• 11th Aug 2015

One of the best hostels we've stayed at so far. Located in the heart of the old town you're close to everything. Rooms are spacious with big lockers equipped with power points so you can securely charge your devices. Beds were comfy and bathrooms were clean. Great atmosphere in hostel with common areas and activities - the Pub crawl isn't like a usual one - you only get your free shots when you buy a drink at each pub. Pubs were empty until we arrived! Only downfall of hostel was no breakfast.

great hostel. one of the best I've stayed at. great atmosphere. really easy to meet people. staff were great and helpful.

We've heard from other travelers hat this was the best hostel try have stayed in so we booked it as well. What we didn't know was that they have a separate building for the private rooms. More like a hotel. This was really nice, with all kinds of little details. Unfortunately, we didn't meet any of the hostel atmosphere we were looking for. The bed in the Artists room is just too small, so is the shower. Everything else, TV, Staff, checkout time, all perfect :)

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7