Old Town Hostel East Wing Reviews

Old Town 284, Kotor, Montenegro

Loved it here! SUCH a cool atmosphere inside the walls of old town. The hostel has a really amazing medieval-ish feel to it and had a great common room to meet people. The one and only thing I would say is that my room had basically no windows and was dark all the time. My entire room slept until noon one day and I had to ask to turn on the light! Not really the hostels fault though. Would definitely recommend.

I had some very bad experiences at this hostel. They took my passport and forgot to give it back-I almost missed my bus when i had to sprint back to the hostel. They set me up with a very sketchy rental car that got me in a fender bender with no insurance, and a renter who yelled at me and chased me down the street (potentially violent) to the point i was running for my life and crying and shaking from fear, and fearful for my safety with a door lock which didnt really work.

Hi man. Your bad experience with rent a car agency does have nothing to do with the hostel. You knew that you are accepting the car without an insurence just because you thought its easy ride and there is no need for other paperwork?? And you crashed at the end,trying to avoid the payment for the damage.You mentioned we forgot to give you back your passport (which is not true) just to emphasise your bad experience.The is no reason to degradate our overall rating with no any single fault from us.

Cool staff who are highly dedicated to the 'numb crawl' on the daily. Great bbq every night as well as plenty of excursion possibilities. I met a lot of cool people here that I decided to continue travelling with. 10/10

Only here for a night, but wish I could have stayed longer

We had a great stay at Old Town Hostel. Location is amazing, right in Kotor old town and the decor is really interesting. The staff were really fun and friendly, and organised activities, dinner and drinks for the evening. I would definitely recommend staying here

• 6th Sep 2015
  • Switzerland

Wow now this hostel is seriously nice, dorm rooms are like massive hotel rooms with bunk beds and a hotel quality bathroom, amazing shower and even a hair dryer. They've done a fantastic job. There are 2 common rooms, the chilled area and the very fun and social East Wing. The staff go out of their way to get everyone involved (if you want to) with drinking games and a communal dinner for just 5 euros, & bar crawl which was great for breaking the ice with other travellers. Loved it & recommend.

We stayed for 1 night and we were too tired to go out, but it was a good party-fun hostel. They organize events everyday, especially the pub crawl thing sounds awesome. Common room is the place for having a good night. Beds are comfy, shower is working fine, every bed has its own plugs, location was great. The team was extremely funny guys. They are fans of Partizan and Besiktas. If you said you are fan of them, you might even stay there for free :) Cheers guys!

If you like partying this is the place to go.. though I'm not that much of a party person. Facilities great. Wifi Aircon and lockers in everyroom.

Great hostel in the old town. Second time staying here and wouldn't stay anywhere else in kotor. Were in private room which was just as good as a hotel. Awesome.

Staff where awesome. Very helpful and the hostel offers great tours. In a beautiful location right next to the fortress in old town. Close to everything you could need. Also offered hostel to hostel transfers which made moving to the next destination very easy and comfortable. A nice break for a traveller not having to coordinate getting from a-b. Rooms were great with a clean bathroom, good, hot water pressure and a little kitchen inside our room. Also extremely social with events organized

Old Town Hostel East wing is in a great location and the staff are a huge asset to the place. The hostel itself is cool because it maintains the integrity of its surrounding environment.

• 4th Sep 2015

Amazing hostel, beautiful and with great staff. Location couldn't be beat, really an amazing place to stay. Only downside was there was only one bathroom for three couples to share, so often someone was waiting for the bathroom. Other than this, a really perfect experience.

Pretty big ensuite room, hostel is next to the east gate of the old town, waling distance from everyhing. Great hostel and staff

They offer all kinds of activities, tours and direct transfer which is super helpful and generally keep you busy and won't feel bored at all. All the staff are cool and answer all of your questions instantly.

I honestly cannot say enough good things about this hostel. Marko and Vlado were extremely welcoming and helpful in so many ways e.g. They hooked us up with a guy to take us paragliding in Budva. The hostel itself is beautiful. As you can see in the thumbnails they have stone walls. Yeah... stone freaking walls. Beds were comfortable, facitlies were clean and for 12 euros a night staying here was an easy decision. If you're in Kotor there's no better place to stay :)

Excellent hostel. The people who run the hostel were super friendly and helpful. Couldn't ask for a better time really.

this place is the best. Marko and the rest of the staff are superb hosts that know how to rub a fun hostel. the location is great as well.

Perfect location. Great wifi connection in rooms. Went on the white water rafting trip organised by the hostel which was really fun - transport and meals for the day were included. They also organised events every evening such as barbecues and sangria night. Rooms were comfy and spacious with really nice bathrooms.

Great hostel, unfortunately we had not realised hostel reception closed at midnight, so when delayed, despite emailing to warn of our late arrival nobody was there to let us in, and nobody answered the phone when rung. Aside from this, good hostel with excellent facilities. Particularly appreciate the chill room and the 'party' room. Excellent decor and very clean.

Dear Sir, We ALWAYS wait for our guests, in fact we have 1 or 2 such caaes daily - however u announced u will come before 10 Pm.

This has to be one of the most beautiful hostels I've ever stayed in, it's a new experience to be living in the centre of this fortress town. It does mean that areas like the kitchen are quite small but my dorm was so spacious. The atmosphere at the hostel is great, very easy to meet people if you're a solo traveller. If you're visiting Kotor this is the place to stay!