Old Town Hostel Gdansk Reviews

Dluga Grobla 7, Gdansk, Poland

This was my first trip alone and I did enjoy my stay here (in the 8 bed room). I arrived in the evening, checking in was simple, the girl at the desk spoke enough english and could be understood. The bathrooms were mostly clean, and there were never any queues for them. There are 2 toilets, and four showers. When cooking my own food I had no problems in the kitchen. Lockers were a bit on the small side but I managed. Good location, 10ish mins walk from old town. The atmosphere is a little quiet.

• 18th Aug 2015

Good location, clean room, mediocre, but ample breakfasts, generally quite OK, although during an extremely hot summer one can't stop dreaming about an air-con. One little problem (not a tragedy) - how much time should it take to change a light bulb?

• 6th Aug 2015
  • Poland

Location and cleanliness are GOOD while facilities and atmosphere are EXCELLENT: full breakfast is included: cereal, boiled eggs, vegetables, and bread for sandwiches (not simply white bread with ham and cheese, as in Riverside Hostel). Overall, the best option for lodging in the city of Gdansk, at least for solo travelers (perhaps not so good for couples, families, nor big groups of backpackers).

I have had an amazing stay at Old Town Hostel Gdansk. The Staff was extremely nice and helpful. The location is good, in walking-distance with the centre. I was nicely surprised by having the room with the bathroom en-suite, the luxury not often found when staying in hostels, but - as later found out - most of the rooms do not have such facilities and the guests need to use the bathrooms located in the corridors. The breakfast supplied is an additional plus. Overall, wholeheartedly recommended!

The staff really helped me upon my request for help

There needs to be a sign on the road that points towards the hostel.

• 18th Jun 2015
  • brukemekuria
  • Ethiopia

What was good: - looks clean - breakfast included What was not good: - was realy noisy - was not good value for money: room in the cellar for 50zl per person, very noisy and not comfortable. I think it cost not more then 20 zl..

Dangerous top bed (woobly latter). Drunk unknown guest in the room, we were two girl concerned about our security the front desk person was bordeline rude when talking about the situation. Food in the fridge got thrown away before we even leave the hostel when it was bought and labelled the day before. Hob was broken and when the receptionist head about it she took us for idiot when it was really broken. A lot of progress to make for this hostel but mostly their staff.

• 22nd May 2015