Old Town Hostel Gdansk Reviews

Dluga Grobla 7, Gdansk, Poland

It was a surprise to find that the actual location of our accommodations was different from the reception desk; we weren't given the actual address, and had to search it out ourselves, so better communication about that would be appreciated.

• 18th Dec 2015

We stayed in a room in Ogarna 85/86, which is 1.2 km away from the youth hostel's main seat and really in the old town. So one can invite people for a party without asking anybody. The entrance doule-door of Ogarna 85/86 is the room door at the same time. The room has fridge, a place to cook a soup or a coffee, free coffee, sugar and tea, plates, glasses, cutlery and a TV. No Wifi.

The staff really made this hostel a great place to stay. They were very nice and accommodating. When I had to leave very early in the morning to get to the airport, the girl at the front desk went out of her way to get direction for me, call a taxi, and made sure I could get to where I needed to be. It is a nice, clean place to stay. My only complaint is that the internet connection was not strong throughout the building, and would often disconnect when I was in my room.

Our stay in the Old Town Hostel was great. It was clean and comfortable. The atmosphere lacked a bit of the hostel spirit since there was no cozy group room - except the kitchen. From the outside it looked a bit spooky, but the inside was nice. The toaster was always busy at breaktfast, which contained almost everything you can with from a hostel breaktfast.

This was my first trip alone and I did enjoy my stay here (in the 8 bed room). I arrived in the evening, checking in was simple, the girl at the desk spoke enough english and could be understood. The bathrooms were mostly clean, and there were never any queues for them. There are 2 toilets, and four showers. When cooking my own food I had no problems in the kitchen. Lockers were a bit on the small side but I managed. Good location, 10ish mins walk from old town. The atmosphere is a little quiet.

• 18th Aug 2015