Old Town Hostel Kotor Reviews

Old Town 284, Kotor, Montenegro

Excellent location in old town. Spacious rooms. Dorms are away from the common room so if you wanted to avoid the noise you can.

• 18th Apr 2014
  • Singapore

I am obsessed with this hostel. Anyone going to Kotor must stay here! The building is gorgeous, the guys in charge are AMAZING, and you absolutely cannot ask for a better location. I wish I could have stayed way longer than my two days. We got free dinner and drinks, the rooms were spacious and the bathrooms were clean. I want to go back ASAP. This is the best hostel I've ever stayed in!

I don't usually write reviews for hostels but these guys totally went above and beyond. Not only was the hostel clean with good facilities, the staff also did their best to show the guests a fun time even during slow tourist season (rakia, free dinner, sangria, cocktail nights). I would definitely recommend this hostel to others and come back myself to hang out! Thanks Marko and Nikolai! x

The only area for improvement in my opinion is extended hours for the reception. However, I was advised that this was due to local regulations. So all in all, an excellent time at a very nice hostel.

Amazing! We enjoyed our stay, sorry we could not stay any longer! Thanks Nikola en staff!!

Very nice place in a historical building. Spacious, quiet, clean and charming room, very friendly and helpful staff... The sole negative point : the towels are very thin and not very efficient.

Almost everything was great. Nikola recommended a hostel in Mostar and it was a good choice, either. Cannot expect more in this price range, seriously. It was low season when I was there so there weren't much people but the lounge is nice. Bathroom and the whole hostel is really clean. Location is almost perfect. One of the best hostels I've stayed.

One of the best hostels I've ever been to, and I've been to about 200 worldwide. The only fault I can find is the pricing - they had a pay what you want policy when I was there - makes it complicated if you've already paid a deposit online. The dorms were amazing (ensuite and with kitchen), there was free dinner every night which gets all the guests together and the staff then encourage everyone to go out. I might not like this so much when the hostel is packed, but when quiet it was perfect!

Fantastic hostel - staff was friendly, helpful and hilarious! Nice big common room where free dinners brought everyone together at night. Durmitor tour was excellent!

The old town hostel is amazing to say the least!!! I stayed 3 nights here and the staff really made my stay the best. One of the best hostel's in my 3 months travelling! I'm definantly going to return. Thanks heaps guys, Josh

Probably the best hostel I have ever stayed in. So friendly and kind. I wish I could've stayed longer. The Best!!!

WIFI worked inside the room. Room was very clean. Location inside the historic walls. All very nice. Bathroom was outside the room. Maybe it is possible to find something for the same price or even less with bathroom inside. In any case perfect and good. In the reception area you can sit, read and socialize. The rooms are quiet and you don't hear talking from the reception because it is a bit separated.

I love Kotor and this hostel!! I'll definitely come back here again!! Thank you for a wonderful stay:)

• 2nd Mar 2014
  • Japan

Amazing hostel, we stayed in a beautiful apartment, not like a hostel at all. It has the friendliness and helpfulness of a hostel with the common room having a great atmosphere. Would highly recommend.

I've seen lots of hostel in my life and i know you can't expect quality of a hotel from a hostel. But there is something suprising in this hostel! It is better than a hotel about its cleaning, security, atmosphere and helpfull staff!! It was the best experience in a hostel for me! And i have to tell i never seen any hostel smells that good! And the staff was so helpfull and funny. I think anyone who wants to ser montenegro also must stay in this hostel! If you see Nico at there say hello for me!

• 27th Dec 2013
  • Turkey
  • All Male Group, 25-30

We were a group of seven foreign students (France, Italy, Belgium and Germany) and it was an amazing stay ! the youth hostel is very well located inside the old town of Kotor, the staff is wonderful, they were here for us all the time. With no doubt one of the best hostel we've tried. Perfect for travellers !

My stay in Old Town Hostel was wonderful ! Nikola organises everything to make you feel good (dinners, parties, trips...), the location in the beautiful old town of Kotor is perfect and the facilities are excellent (I stayed in a 7-bed dorm). I also warmly recommend to the tour of Montenegro with Slavko to anyone who wants to discover the region's amazing landscapes and its history (and its delicious food !).

By far and away one of the best hostels I've ever stayed at. Nikola, the manager, is the man. Always going above and beyond to make everyone welcome and keeping everyone well feed and having a great time. Everyone there was always in great spirits and the Macedonia tour rocks! Just stay here! Even if you aren't planning on coming to kotor.

Stayed in over fourty hostels this trip in europe and this one has the be one of the best! Great vibe, great design, great staff, (Niko you legend!) amazing dinner one night and an amazing tour of Montenegro as well! Definitely the place to be if you're visiting Kotor!

• 27th Nov 2013

This is an amazing old building in the heart of the old town. Great hostel with amazing Staff. Nikola organises activities and is a super nice guy. He organised a car for me and a friend to take a road trip. I was meant to stay 1 night but stayed 4. Highly recommended place