Old Town Hostel Split Reviews

Dominisova 3, Split, Croatia

Hands down it is the place to stay in split! Dora is a pro. She's a backpacker at heart won't bore you with things you don't need will realise in minutes what you're looking for and serve with information according to that. The hostel is a pro. Go to Charlie's . What else is there to say?

• 27th Jun 2015
  • Hungary

Very cozy, fun, homey vibe

Slightly pricey but it makes sense since it's within the walls of the palace. The 8-bed dorm was slightly cramped and there was limited power sockets. I guess being in the palace grounds means limited space and high prices? Staff were helpful, washrooms were clean. There was a kitchen too but didn't use it though other guests seemed to have no problem with it. A good enough place to sleep at but not so much to just hang out at which may not be an issue considering how interesting Split is

Difficult to find, but great location with arranged evening socials. Good for solo travelers.

Really good hostel in a great location in Old Town. Owner and staff were really cool and helpful. Smaller hostel but still really fun and easy to meet other travelers. Staff organizes a dinner amongst other hostels as well as shows you how to get on the pub crawl. Would definitely come back and stay.

I had a great stay here! Dora is e trembly helpful and friendly. The facilities are also very clean. The only downside is the rooms are very small, so you don't have much room to move around but not too big of an issue since you're never there.

It's quite hard to find the hostel in the first time, would be good to have better indications in the reservation.

Brilliant little place in the heart of the old town. Dora and Steve are awesome hosts and nothing is too much trouble. Cool little chill out area and the rooms are clean and nice. I went on a trip to some of the islands and left my bag in reception for a few nights which was no problem at all. Would stay here again.

Excellent, clean, cozy place. Small (maybe not even 20 people there) but atmosphere is good with kitchen and common room. Location is very good (in Dalmatian palace). Only 2 bathrooms can be a problem, but it was ok when I was there.

Superb and magical location within palace walls at amazingly good price. Lovely little kitchen to eat and cook in. Colourful and bright rooms, very cheery and pretty. Lots of space in rooms and air condiitoner which is essential! Great common room and two big bathrooms. More like staying in a house! Perfectly located and near everything in palace and old town of split. Would have liked a bit more info/guidance from staff when we arrived but nevertheless loved it and would stay here again

Great location and amzing staff. Clean and friendly, I wouldn't stay anywhere else and would love to go back. Plus Dora is very cool.

Old town hostel is great! The location is excellent, kitchen has everything you need and the common room always had people hanging out. Only downside is that there are only two bathrooms with one shower in each of them to facilitate roughly 20-25 people. I would definitely stay here again!!

Hi, thank you for the positive feedback, we are glad you had a good stay! :) Just to clarify, the hostel sleeps 18 people max (we agree, the lack of bathrooms can still be an inconvenience during 'shower hour' in the morning). Was great having you and hope to have you again some time! Dora & the OTH team

Really well located within Diocletian's palace. The facilities were good (good shower) and the staff arranged activities to take folks out in the evening to dinner/ drinks.

Great staff! Very helpful and they organize dinner and a pub crawl every night. Only two bathrooms but it wasn't as bad as we expected. Perfect location in the centre of the old town.

I really enjoyed my stay at the Old Town Hostel. We arrived early in the morning and we're still welcomened by staff, given beds and introduced to the are. The staff helped us to plan the day; look up time tables, weather and so on. The atmosphere was very relaxed and you got the feeling that you were staying in someone's apartment. Nice!

Great hostel. Very central right in the heart of the Old Town. Great social with bars very close by. Will definitely return.

Great location and met really cool people staying here. Would definitely stay again if in Split.

As soon as I walked in the door I could pick up a cool vibe from this place. Makes a big difference when the owner works and hangs around at the hostel and it shows. Dora is really cool and so is the hostel, smallish and intimate, guest all went out together and had a really great stay.

This is probably the best hostel I ever stayed in my travel experience. Great staff, lounging area, dorm quarters, location, food etc. I liked the sangria night. It was a fun group of travelers. I will cherish the memories from this hostel.

• 6th May 2015

The location, price, and full kitchen had me sold when I first booked here and I am so glad I did. This hostel has strong wifi, great sense of community, the staff are helpful and knowledgable of the area, they do dinner/activities almost every night, and the owner, Dora, is there everyday working hard to make her hostel better.