Old Town Hostel Split Reviews

Dominisova 3, Split, Croatia

Staff were really helpful and told me everything there was to know about the city. It's Roman history was really interesting and advice to talk a walk around the Marjan was definately worthwhile. As well as providing plenty valuable information about the culture of Split, the staff also took some of the hostel guests out together for drinks which made it easy to make new friends. Couldn't recommend this hostel more highly for cleanness, location and atmosphere. 10 out of 10!

I love this place, such a nice hostel! It has the best location, literally in the palace, is clean, and so homey! Even though it's off-season, the owner and the staff went above and beyond to ensure an amazing atmosphere. Thanks Dora, Zlatko and Loki!! Will definitely be back!

• 4th Jan 2016
  • Scotland

For the price it was a reasonable hostel for a couple of nights. clean and the guy was friendly....The location is brilliant,inside the actual palace walls & close to stations & ferry...Has small kitchen & lounge. Wifi is good but sockets to charge appliances are limited.

Nice and clean hostel, quiet and in convenient location. Nothing really to complain about, apart from they would need to have a guitar for guests to play music and help socialising :)

Pros - Located inside the old town. The manager is friendly and helpful. Cons - Kitchen was dirty (though this is arguably the fault of travelers not staff), some staff while helpful don´t seem friendly.

Great hostel! The location is to die for, right in the middle of the old town, which makes the hostel really charming, and the rooms quite small. They had well equipped kitchen, good wifi, friendly staff, it was super easy to meet other travelers to hang out with. It was clean and nice, free towels, free lockers, free maps. The one thing that could be better is if they had self-locking doors to the apartment as they seemed often unlocked or even open, also at night.

Great location in old town, Free wifi, locker with a key. Was pretty quiet inside hostel, outside hostel you can hear noise from streets, but nothing earplugs can't fix. Free towels to use. Hot water in shower. It's up like 3 or 4 flights of stairs which could be tough with a suitcase.

Great hostel in a great location with amazing staff. Loki in particular was really fun and would go out drinking with us The hostel is a bit small though so it's a little harder to meet people also the showers wouldn't drain properly which should be fixed.

I stayed here three times one night each and I would recommend gong here: Located in the city center ( everything is difficult to find here because all streets look the same) with nice staff, a clean kitchen, a computer which can be used and a living room where you can meet people. I had a good time and think it is good prize for value....

Delightfully tucked within the palace walls, cozy and clean, and friendly folk aplenty!

One of the best hostels I have stayed in. Intimate atmosphere, but with two social areas (lounge and kitchen) it made meeting people very easy. Right in the middle of old town so great for getting everywhere. Friendly staff who had good recommendations (apart from Charlie's bar - very over rated IMHO). Comfy beds, although a little squeaky, and good sized lockers. Free towels a plus too!

Good hostel with a lively crowd, could use one more bathroom/shower . The staff is nice and helpful.

I had such a great time at Old Town! There was instantly a family vibe in the hostel, made easy by all the communal space. I was lucky and got the best bunch of people to hang out with and had a sooper time. Perfect location, friendly and helpful staff and nice facilities. Good times.

People used our food and we suspect it was the staff (they were the only ones using the kitchen that day) The toilet seat was missing for three days, that was rediculesly annoying.

Hi Ariel, We can guarantee the staff did not eat your food. Did you label it? It is not the staff's responsibility if unlabelled food gets eaten. Unfortunately sometimes this happens even with labelled food, we have no way of supervising each guests 24-7. The toilet seat has been put in now. The toilet was still functioning so do not see how this was 'ridiculously annoying', really not that big of a deal. Relax & don't sweat the small stuff ;) Happy travels, OTH team

I stayed here twice on way in and out of split and if you just need a place to sleep and leave, the location is perfect for the boats and buses. If you plan to stay several nights id suggest elsewhere. I saw the staff act very rudely to one girl, they changed the price and didn't give the right change back. The place was pretty messy and they don't have a cleaning crew, the kitchen was the worst, I walked in and back out. I've stayed at enough hostels and this is a bed only type of place.

Hi, we are sorry you had a bad experience. We are definitely not a 'bed only' type of place, as we organize activities for guests and pride ourselves on a personal approach to each guest, making sure your stay is fun and memorable. We are sorry the cleanliness was sub par during your stay, we are too small to afford a 'cleaning crew', so sometimes it takes a bit longer to clean sections of the hostel, and you may have walked in right after other guests used the kitchen.

Nice small hostel. Little annoyed that when I got to the hostel there was no one there and no one answering the listed telephone numbers, so I had to leave my bag outside even though it was after 11am, but when I checked in the staff were helpful and friendly. Perfect location in the old town and staff can organise a cheap laundry service.

No air con in bedroom is a bit of a disaster when it is so hot. Thanks so much for information about getting around. I had a really great day in the mountains on Friday (thank you to the lady on reception in the morning- I didn't catch your name!!) and I could not have done it without your local knowledge :)

• 17th Sep 2015

The hostel was OK, excellent location. Don't trust their recommendations of places to eat and don't go on the dinner they organise. All the restaurants they took us to were empty except by people taken by hostels. The two I went to had bland menus with the kind of food you can find anywhere on the world. The one where I eat gave me overcooked and salted pasta for ten Euros, which is more than I pay in Italy. A glass of wine was six Euros, a cocktail was ten. Obvious tourist trap. They must get p

Hi, we recommend places we personally like. We do not get commission from any of the places we recommend, including the restaurant we use for the communal dinners. We are sorry you didn't like the food. We value our customer's happiness more than a percentage of a euro or two we would get making deals with cra**y places.

This is a decent hostel. Location is great, smack middle in the old town. This is about 15/20 minutes walking distance from bus and ferry location. This is a quite hostel, not a party hostel. Rooms have lockers and bathrooms are decent. They also have a common room albeit it is bit small. I spent just a night there. They provide free wifi, bed sheets, and towels. That is great. Wifi signal was strong. Overall good experience in this hostel.

Good hostel, clean, great location, common room is pretty decent and if you want to go for a meal and few drinks the hostel organises that with a couple of other hostels which is good to meet people

« first « Prev 1 2 3