Old Town Hostel Split Reviews

Dominisova 3, Split, Croatia

Cozy, clean hostel in a great location right in the old town!

Good hostel, air-conditioned rooms with lockers, nice kitchen and bathrooms. Free computer use in the common area. Located right in the old town, so location is of course the best you can get. Staff was very friendly as well. Would definitely recommend it

Loved this place. Great location right in the palace walls, awesome staff who answered all of our questions and took us out and a great atmosphere for meeting people. Would definitely stay here again.

awesome location, great environment and the staff was lovely. very crowded dorm room but it was a good value as far as croatian hostels go so can't complain! wish we could have stayed longer in split!

Even I had change of plans and I didn't stay at the hostel, I was inpressed with the kindness of the staff , Mirna, as she was more than happy to accomodate by bag so I can check Split in 2hours that I had to spend there. Thank you for the your hospitality.

A nice, basic hostel with a great location and friendly, helpful staff. Guest pretty much have free reign of the place after-hours since the staff head home after 11 or something so if you're an older, comfort traveler I probably wouldn't recommend. However if you're a young backpacker who has seen a enough hostels before to know what to expect, it aint bad..

Awesome location! You will get lost on the way, but once you get there you won't regret! I remember that when i arrived there a very nice smell and nice music on! Perfect.

The staff here were incredible. Helpful at every single opportunity, providing all of the guests a homely atmosphere. Not to mention that we all had a really fun time going out as well. Would definitely recommend to anyone staying in Split from age 18 to 30.

My friend and I stayed here for my night. The location is just outside the main square, located on top of a beautiful hill overlooking the city. It is very close to the beach. Staff was very friendly and accommodating. Definately the best hostel I stayed in during my time abroad. I reccomend staying here if you are looking for a relaxing vacation experience!

Great hostel right in the centre - would recommend!

• 6th Jul 2014

The staff are very helpful here! I would come again

Staff was great especially the girl who ran the place (sorry forgot the name!). Nice showers, cute decor, really good air con! Lockers a decent size and not that difficult to find if you use the directions they provide for you.

Awesome location right in the centre of the old town! Stayed in a private room and the double bed was very big and comfy! Very clean hostel. Staff were extremely helpful with giving recommendations and organising transfers to the airport. Highly recommend!

I was travelling alone but had friends staying at another hostel so I didn't actually spend too much time and Old Town Hostel. Super friendly staff though and the place was clean enough. Reception isn't 24 hours which would have been difficult if I'd arrived late at night.

• 25th Jun 2014

really lovely place, had a lovely communal area on our floor which is nice for an evening in.

• 24th Jun 2014

I wanted to like this hostel but in a series of events this place left a lot to be desired. Cold showers on the regular. Terribly frustrating locks on the front door. Took several attempts each night to get in....The hostel is very small with hardly to no atmosphere to it. This hostel is manageable especially if you only plan to spend one night and island hop. But if you're like me and stayed a few nights in Split, I'd look elsewhere. Redeeming value of this place is that the staff is nice.

Hi Eric, We are sorry you didn't have a great stay. We agree, the showers can sometimes run out of cold water during peak season, especially during the 'shower hour'. The lock on the front door is a standard European lock, we offer to demonstrate how to unlock it if people are struggling. Regarding atmosphere, there are nightly 'dinner dates' and/or drinking games organized and run by our staffers, we regret you missing out on those. Happy travels, the OTH team

Exceptional location and very helpful and friendly staff. Nice kitchen but few bathrooms means you have to wait a fair bit. Rooms aren't big but they have big lockers to store your stuff. Shame about the uncomfortable mattress, though. Overall a good cosy hostel.

The staff are so helpfull! very good place!

Great great great amazing staff. Pub crawl is fun. All the people are fun and helpful. Looked after me and soooo much. Good location and in good spot,. free shots come out every day. Kitchen is useful. GREAT hostel!!!