Old Town Hostel Reviews

Od Sigurate 7, Dubrovnik, Croatia

No staff on arrival. Shoebox sized room. So hot I had to keep taking showers all night - no sleep. "Breakfast" was just cereal. Loud music kept me out of the common room kitchen area. Price was ridiculous - the same week I had stayed in Split in a big air conditioned room with en suite for less than half the price. When I pointed this out I was told I should know that you "come to Dubrovnik to get ripped off" Not only was I made to feel unwelcome, he seemed to find it funny that I was unhappy

Thank you for your stay at Old Town Hostel. 1. There was staff upon arrival. I personally checked you in. 2. Private room 3A has ample space.. 3. Dubrovnik is unusually hot this season. 4. There are two fans in room 3A and a huge window that allows air flow. 5. Breakfast is free. 6. The common room is a music filled social space. 7. The price is very affordable. 8. Your quote is not true. I did not utter these words. Sincerely Michael Kustra - Owner

It's well located. The young American guy who owns it and works the front desk is a great guy. Helpful for whatever you need and is always in a good mood. My single room was basically just a small, boring, rectangular box with a single bed and a locker in it. There's no paintings or style in it whatsoever. But hey, you have to give up some things if you want to stay in the Old Town at peak season at an affordable price. Sure AC would be nice but the 2 fans it had were better than nothing.

Excellent location up a side alley within the old city. My single room was small, but perfectly sufficient for me. Room had a fan, and shared bathroom was clean. Free wi-fi. Would stay again.

Our family of 4 found the hostel cheerful, clean and charming with very friendly and helpful staff. In the centre of the Old Town it's location is perfect for sightseeing.

• 19th Jul 2015

Unfortunately, most of the rooms closed down until who knows. Thankfully we were able to get our room so the hostel was very very quiet. Slava at the front desk was excellent for directions, information etc. Although our visit was only one night, I would recommend staying here for location. The only downfall was the expense.

• 8th Jul 2015
  • Mixed Group, 41+

Great location and very helpful staff. Shared areas very clean.

Great location, clean and modern decor. Only drawback was no A/C in room. Would stay again if visiting Dubrovnik old town.

The staff was incredibly friendly and helpful. The hostel is just great in terms of location, atmosphere and cleanliness.

• 22nd Jun 2015
  • Spain

Fantastic staff, briliant location, wonderful light airy rooms. Just amazing overall

• 21st Jun 2015

Having no bunk beds was awesome! Staff made you feel at home! They were so nice and helpful, they were very strict on being quiet when you got home late at night which was a bit annoying but probably good for the rest of the guests staying there, but over all id stay there again for sure! Location was awesome too for the city right next to the beautiful market :)

• 17th Jun 2015

The Hostel is beautiful, spotless and had everything we needed. We has an amazing time and was idyllic for the Old Town.

• 8th Jun 2015

Most people were asked to change the room after getting there. The staff should notify clients earlier.

Would stay here again. Nice rooms, great showers. Was just frustrating with the wifi. Kept cutting out. But have heard this is normal for the old town. Comfortable beds and lamps and power sockets on each bunk.

Great hostel right in the center of Old Town. Great kitchen(albeit small-but fully equipped with spices,oils,etc). Small common area but nice. Rooms are very large. Only one bathroom and one shower per floor so can be tricky at peak times. Pretty quiet at night given its location. Would recommend!

The location is excellent. I stayed in a 4 person female dorm on the first floor. The only thing that bothered me was the loud screaming & yelling that would go on from 10pm to 1am as people were playing drinking games downstairs. Myself and some of the girls that stayed in the room found this thoroughly irritating during the night. Other than that, free linens and towels, secure lockers, cereal/tea/coffee, maps and information from the friendly staff!

The best hostel I have ever stayed at. The staff were amazing and became instant friends with, even the owner! The hostel was cleaned every day and the rooms very spacious. The was a social vibe but also at time were quite it was the best of both worlds. It felt like we were all a family. I will never stay anywhere else in Dubrovnik. Location was perfect being in the old town. Also great recommendations for food and activities!

I can't say enough about Old Town Hostel!! Facilities were great - big lockers and lights and plugs at each bed. Bathrooms on each floor were great always clean. Only one bathroom to a floor which could be difficult if showering at busy time but sinks in rooms helps. Location is unbeatable being within the Old Town walls- easy to pop in and out quickly. Some of the best people I met on my whole trip. Antoinette and Mike were awesome and gave great suggestions-- always ready for a good time!

I was happy to find this hostel in old town with very easy access to the airport shuttle pick up and more importantly, no stairs to climb except for getting to my room (Dubrovnik is a very hilly city with stairs everywhere!). Staff was friendly and welcoming. Rooms clean with thoughtful lamps next to each bed and outlets. Nice home style bathrooms. Bonus: cereal/muesli and coffee and tea offered. Nice to have since its an expensive, often tourist trap old town. Definitely stay again!

The best choice in Dubrovnik. Great location, firendly staff and atmosphere.

What a great hostel! Such a nice place to come home to after a day in Dubrovnik. Bathrooms were always clean, the other people staying there were super friendly and it was an overall beautiful hostel. Would definitely recommend!

• 18th May 2015