Old Town Hostel Reviews

Khodasheni str. 7, Tbilisi, Georgia, Tbilisi, Georgia

Excellent hostel with very helpfull, english speaking and frıendly staff, clean and spacey rooms and a good location. Enjoyed my time here.

• 23rd Jul 2014

super location and facillities with super friendly staffs nina and her sister secillia and one guy(sorry i dont remember the name)! two sisters speaks really good english and so kind they call for everywhere to help you like train station, daytrips and so on. one of the best hostels ive ever been! friendly atmosphere i made lot of friends there.

• 20th Jul 2014
  • South Korea

There is many nice hostels in this world but you wont find a better than this one. Half the reason why I loved Georgia so much was spending time with the girls here. They created such a welcoming and amazing experience. Also, there was an extremely charming Canadian fella staying there that was amazing!

Staying at the Old Town Hostel was absolutely perfect! I felt safe right away, the atmosphere is so "homey" and the staff is enormously friendly, helpful and welcoming! I hope I can stay there soon again!* A big thank you to them!

A very nice hostel, we met a lot of nice people there wich we hung out with. The atmposhere is really inviting and the small but still comfortable common area is good for starting confersation. I recommend it strongly!

• 30th Jun 2014
  • Sweden

The staff is welcoming and extremely friendly! With the combination of the diverse guests and the staff, I always have a wonderful experience!

• 14th Jun 2014

When I arrived a strange 18 percent was added to the cost as indicated on hostelworld. While the day-to-day staff were fantastic, the manager was greedy and made some excuse that taxes were not included. This is rubbish. People have a right to know how much a bed will cost. This hostel seemed to be deliberately misleading the traveller. Other hostels I stayed at in Georgia did not add this tax.

One staff member was great (a woman), one was not very good (a guy).

Central and cosy :)

• 30th May 2014
  • Latvia

The staff is very kind and welcoming. While it would be nice if there were more bathrooms, this hostel is great and I plan on continuing to stay here whenever I come to Tbilisi.

• 27th May 2014

Ninia and Lika, the girls that work at the hostel, are my favorite Georgians. This hostel is great because of them, chilled, relaxed, fab suggestions, the lot. Thanks!

Staff were very helpful and knowledgeable both about Tbilisi and other destinations in Georgia. Good facilities, including lockers. Thanks!!

It's not often that I leave a destination and end up being sad to leave the hostel itself. It has become sort of a second home for me. I can't say enough good things about Old Town Hostel. The staff, mainly Lika and Ninia, always went far out of their way to help me and make me feel at home. Nino keeps the place spotless day in and day out. It's the only place I can really recommend staying at in Tbilisi, considering the location, people, price and social setting. You must must must stay here!

Nice classic hostel with very friendly and helpful young staff. Perfect location - few minutes walk to the Old Town, Liberty Square and metro station.

• 14th May 2014
  • Poland

small windows in room (sultry), poor bathroom with no lock, rest ok

Great staff, located in the heart or the old town, very close to everything. Lockers are sort of frail though, though I don't think that's to worry about. Staff is also very knowledgeable. Good pick.

The hostel was great. Comfy beds, great location, friendly staff. The only downside was strange guests that were staying long term. One would sleep all day, go out at night and wake everyone up coming back at 6am every morning! Other guests quite happy to disturb people during the night.

The hostel is situated in the heart of the old town. I had some difficulty finding the place but once I got there I liked the location. The people working there are very friendly and helpful. However, there are insufficient bathrooms/toilets. I spent a lot of time waiting to use them.

• 5th May 2014
  • Singapore

Super friendly and relaxed staff, really enjoyed my stay there. Location is great and hostel itself very peaceful. I recommend!

• 3rd May 2014
  • Finland

Staff are amazing! Definitely the friendliest group I've ever encountered while traveling. They helped organize numerous tours, knew all of the great restaurants and bars where locals go, negotiated better prices for activities and more. They were very helpful and really friendly. If I go back again some day, I'm definitely staying here.