Old Town Hostel Reviews

Mihe Klaica 5, Zadar, Croatia

Nice hostel, great location, friendly staff!

Very decent hostel, right in the centre of Zadar. The rooms are decent, with lockers possible. Friendly staff, even in the heat. We recommend this hostel to everyone!

One of the best hostels ever stayed.

The hostel was fine, the location is what sells this hostel. We had a private room and so we didnt have to interact with others as much so I cant really speak for the atmosphere of the place. One problem that I thought there was though was the wi-fi. It worked perfectally when you were downstairs in the reception. Buit it just didnt work anywhere else in the building which is an issue. I would have preferred if there were more bathrooms as well as I had to wait to use them many times.

The best staff! Really helpful and nice. Great location in the old town, 20 min walk from the bus. Nice showers, bathrooms. Lots of outlets in the room. The stairs are no big deal unless you're travelling with big rolly suitcases (tip: don't). Breakfast and wifi in the rooms would have made this place a 10!

Lovely friendly staff, good location in the old town. Could do with a bigger lounge area with some sofas to relax in.

• 28th Jul 2014

nice hostel with fruendly stuff and excellent location. rooms are very simple but clean. the only turn off was the window cannot be closed entirely and so it is quite noisy. also the linen was half wet, so I felt very cold as sleeping.

There was a lack of showers and toilets for the different floors. Had to go to a different floor to use the bathroom.

Perfect location, in the middle of the old town. Everything was clean and the kitchen is good! Staff is helpful, definately recomend it!

Really good hostel. Clean, with a kitchen, very nice girls who work on it. There is someone all the nigth in the reception, so it's easy to check in or check out. In the middle of the center of the old town of Zadar, so really easy to visit and to find a bar or restaurant.

It's pretty easy to find as Zadar is pretty small. I took the bus to the hostel, which was easy just a matter of waiting for the right city bus. Then I walked to the bus station at the end of my stay. His was also quite easy only about 25 mins. The staff were excellent and had a lot to stay about what to do! Pizza cuts are delic! He hostel only had one bathroom, 1 shower and 1 toilet, on each floor. This became difficult as they offer 8bed dorms. Still a great place to stay!

Great situation for a hostel, nice rooms and clean well maintained bathrooms. Communal areas well kept too. Only downsides were that a lot of stairs. I was travelling with my 77 year old mother and was staying on fifth floor. Staff were very helpful though and helped us carry her case up. The other negative thing was the noise levels. There were people smoking and chatting in the stairwell till 4am which given that we had to get up at 6am to catch a bus was pretty annoying.

It was really hot when we arrived and it stayed this way over night. There was no airconditioning which made it really hard to fell asleep. Also the fact that we heard the performance of a musicgroup on the place nearby till late night (because we slept with the window open because of the heat) made it hard to fell asleep. This was not so nice of course so airco would have made our experience better. So far my only comment :-)

The staff is super friendly and the hostel is in the best place in Zadar, in a walking distance from good bars and nightclubs.

Location could not be more ideal. Amazing views across the city. Perfect for backpackers visiting the city for a short while.

• 15th Jul 2014

Sarah, the receptionist, was particularly pleasant and extremely welcoming when we arrived. My friend lost her bag at the airport and we had to wait three days for it to arrive, and Sarah was very attentive and helped us out in Croatian when calling the airport. Rooms were very spacious, comfortable and facilities were basic but this is all you need when backpacking. Extremely good location, literally 10 steps from main strip - would 100% recommend and come back again myself!

The girl at the reception is very nice. Great facilities. The only thing is the blanket doesn't look so clean. Overall everything is excellent!

One of the best hostels in Zadar. Great staff and good rooms. If you are staying in Old Town Hostel Zadar, you've hit the jackpot.

We really liked the hostel. The only thing that we didn't liked was the internet that didn't work at the room. The rest was amazing, very helpful staff and very good location.

Hostel located in the city center. Very friendly staff and resolve all doubts quickly. Clean and fully equipped kitchen. Clean toilets all day. Bring your own locks for the lockers.