Old Town Hostel Reviews

Mihe Klaica 5, Zadar, Croatia

The best thing about this hostel is the location is perfect. In saying this, it means it is a target for theft also, there is 24/7 access to the rooms and hallways for anyone coming off the street, we had a thief sneak into our private room while we were sleeping so you need to ensure your door is locked all the time. The staff were great, the only other complaint is if you want to use the kitchen to make dinner, it closes at 7.00pm which in my opinion is far too early.

The staff was very friendly and helpful, the hostel itself is idealy located and very comfortable and clean

• 29th Jun 2015
  • Belgium

The kitchen should be open past 7pm. At least until 9pm so people can make their dinner in it. We felt like we were forced to eat out, which meant spending more money than we had anticipated on food. The wi-fi upstairs was not good.

We got upgraded to a double room which was amazing and a huge treat for us travelling!! Hostel worker was bubbly and extremely helpful, however I feel that the hostel lacked in some security-seemed easy for people to wonder in from the streets!

Best location you can find in Zadar. Good staff. Endless stairs to the rooms.

Was only here for a night but it's Great Hostel, I wished I could have stayed loner. really friendly staff and great location!

The receptionist was lovely- really bubbly, helpful and informative. The rooms and bathroom were clean and the location was fantastic. I left my jacket behind and the hostel were extremely helpful and posted it back to me in England. Would definitely recommend!

• 11th Jun 2015

Actually the hostel is ok. These low ratings are for being denied to take a shower. I dropped my bag to spend the day out and take a night bus elsewhere. As I return to take my bag and go, I asked if i coukd do it abd she said "no, since you arent a guest anymore". Alright, if ir's all about business you should consider about guest's reviews and maybe returning. Possibly this is the first negative out of more than 50 hostel with much more problems than that Other staff girls were great!!!

Dear, we do our best and go out of our way to help all of our guests (past and present), but we also have trust in our girls that they can estimate the given situation - unfortunately, sometimes it turnes out that we have to put our present guest's needs prior to the needs of the past guests. In our opinion, that is fair. Since you pointed out yourself that your review is dishonest (you think the hostel is ok but gave the lowest rating) we believe our other guests will choose to ignore it. Best!

Very nice hostel in Zadar! It is the best location you can get, right in the middle of the city center! The rooms are very nice and the staff is kind and helpful! Also, the bathrooms are clean. The only thing is that the kitchen is I think on the 3rd floor and the common area is in the kitchen as well, and there are no tables to eat. However, the pizza in the streets of Zadar is so good that you don't have to cook so that's not a big problem :)

Great location, met some great people here, and the building is super cool!! Definitely recommend!!!

Great hostel! Super central and very helpful staff. (There is even free coffee. ;) )

• 30th May 2015

I really like this hostel, the only thing that could be improved would be more toilets and shower facilities and larger kitchen areas.

If I ever go back to Zadar I would definitely repeat with this Hostel. It is in a very good location and is very clean. The only bad thing I found is that you cannot lock the door of the room, just the door of the plant. I had absolutely no problems and the atmosphere with the staff and the guests was very friendly.

Everything was great! Nothing to complain. Would stay there again.

• 19th May 2015

Amazing hostel location, high up in the centre of Old Town. I stayed here for two nights, and have recommended it to everyone I met travelling to zadar. The girl that works there is lovely, its clean, secure and has a great atmosphere (even off season when I stayed). Loved it.

I thought very impressive finding one native staff speaking Portuguese! The building is of traditional architeture, so, it has several stairs! Apart of it, it is clean and provides big lockers in the bedrooms. Wide kitchen. No staff by early morning, or late night, but all worked well. You are doing great!

Right in the centre of the old part of town. Rooms are nothing to write home about. There was a common room on our floor with a fridge and an object that was once a upon a time maybe a comfortable sofa. Nice bakery opposite. Friendly girl who liked laughing checked us in, she seemed like the nicest of the staff. Forget her name. You won't love it but it's not bad.

Friendly, knowledgeable staff! Spacious rooms with comfortable bed and big kitchen to cook in!

Great hostel, great location. Street outside is a bit noisy at night but otherwise perfect

A lovely hostel right in the heart of the Zadar old town. Really friendly+helpful staff, great location, and nice atmosphere.