Old Town Lagos Hostel Reviews

Rua da Barroca, 70, 1º, Lagos, Portugal

Great hostel with the most lovely staff! Stayed 2 nights, wish I could've stayed more. Highly recommend!

Old Town Lagos Hostel is a great value for any backpacker or surfer traveling through Lagos. This intimate hostel is tucked away in the middle of town and has a welcoming, friendly environment. Both the staff and others staying here are open and ready to have a great time, whether this is heading to Lagos world class beaches or enjoying the nightlife. This place is a must stay for anyone passing through Lagos. Maia and the rest of the staff offer a relaxed environment for all types.

It is really good hostel for the people who want to have fun and party ... it is really close to all of the bars .. it is also a great location, the view from the balcony is really amazing and beaches are really close .. If you visit this hostel, you will definitely have such a great time in Lagos.

• 3rd Oct 2014
  • Slovenia

A very good hostel, the manager, Maya, is a really friendly and helpful person. Old Town is an amazing localization, near to the several beaches and in the heart of the town, so you can enjoy the sun during the day and the restaurants during the night as well, or you can just resting in the living room watching Friends.

• 29th Sep 2014

Had an amazing stay at old town! Maja made us feel so welcome and I wish I could have stayed longer. I'd definitely recommend :)

We stayed in a two bed room with a private bathroom. The room and bathroom were clean and there was enough space with a shelf and a wooden box with a locker. Unfortunately, we barely slept because there was loud music playing inside and outside all night long. This is definitely a party hostel! Breakfast was nothing special. The hostel is ok if you like to stay out all night and you can definitely meet a lot of people there

Amazing time with sensational people and I absolutely recommend staying here

Had the most amazing time at this hostel. Will be coming back next year!

A nice stay in a nice hostel, good quality-price rate...not for sure one of the most safe I've ever seen (the doors in the dorms were always open, but this is probably customer's fault) and I wasn't really happy with the way one of the receptionist, a young black-hair lady, was acting (very annoyed and unhelpful, fortunately the older one was really really nice instead!)...but overall a good place where to stay in Lagos, very central and with a nice, feasty atmosphere! :)

• 11th Sep 2014

Party hostel, full of Australians... Like most places in Lagos. The lady running it was great but the volunteers didn't seem very helpful. Very clean. I had to cancel my last night last minute because I found a few road trip buddies so we agreed that I would pay half for the night I canceled.. Which I thought was fare as it wasn't 24hrs before. Small hostel so family vibe but felt a little clicky with all the volunteers living there. recommended if you want to party with Australians

Fantastic hostel with excellent staff! Could not recommend highly enough.

Best Staff! Lovely place! Excellent Value for Money! Best Klosterschülerin ever!

• 5th Sep 2014

Maja does such an amazing job at running the hostel!! Very clean and has a nice family feel. Bathrooms Are big, private and clean (such a bonus for a hostel!!) highly recommend.

Located right in the Old Town so it is easy for transport links but it's right next to a lot of clubs which play loud music all night. Rooms have hardly any ventilation, but its impossible to keep a window open at night because of the noise. Either way = no sleep. The manager of the hostel was nice but her staff didn't really have an idea. The locks on the storage boxes could be opened with any key, so not the best security. Good place to be if you want to be surrounded by drunk Australians.

I did not like it there. I felt it was badly organized and not as clean as I would have wished.

Absolutely no joke the best hostel I've stayed in my whole trip. Staff go above and beyond what they need to do to make sure you have the most welcoming stay possible. Had a brilliant time here and will most certainly be coming back!! THANKS MAJA AND EVERYONE ELSE FOR EVERYTHING XO

• 1st Sep 2014

I really enjoyed my stay here! The people and staff here were amazing and helpful, i will deffently be coming back! :)

• 29th Aug 2014

Great hostel in the old city center of Lagos. It was easy to find and I was welcomed by really nice staff. The room was a comfortable 4 bed dorm with a sink in it to brush your teeth etc. The staff was friendly and the living room/balcony were nice places to hang out between the beach and going out. Super close walking distance to bars and the beach. The staff even gave me a few recomendations for bars and places to eat and I ended up partying with them. Ill stay here again with no hestitation.

The Old Town Hostel in Lagos was like a second home for me, though in reality I would trade my current home to stay at the Old Town hostel longer. I had an amazing stay and a great time with the friendly and outgoing staff. I plan on returning myself as soon as possible, to see Maja and all the lovely people of the hostel again. To the workers at the hostel: thanks for making my stay in Lagos so enjoyable!

• 27th Aug 2014

BEST HOSTEL IN LAGOS!!!!!!!! Small so everyone becomes family, going to beach, pre-drinking, making dinner together. I stayed for 8 days and loved it. Great place to party and chill. Thanks Maja for the great times!!!! I definitely hope to come back some day!! With love from Cali!

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5