Old Town Lagos Hostel Reviews

Rua da Barroca, 70, 1º, Lagos, Portugal

What a great hostel! We got a private room with an ensuite for a great price. Prime location, great staff, and a filling breakfast that is included. The staff hung out with us at night and showed us the best bars, they took us out on hiking tours, and the best was the sea cave kayaking tour with Hugo! So many activities here and a great atmosphere to meet fellow travelers. In my 3 months of backpacking, this little gem goes down as one of my favorite hostels.

I had a Fantastic time at this hostel, if you are travelling alone and want to meet people this is the best hostel for it. Hugo Nicky & Carlos are all extremely friendly & always encouraging everyone to spend time together. They set up movie nights, pub crawls, game nights, wicked kayak tours & a night tunnel tour. By the end of my stay it was like a little family. Favourite experience so far in my Europe travels! The hostel is also in a great location I would definitely recommend it to all! TY!

One of the best hostels I've stayed in during my 7 month pilgrimage.. The kayaking and cliff walks offered are brilliant.. The hostel is in the perfect location to get to the beach, restaurants, bars etc. & creates an excellent vibe itself, depending on what you're into. The kitchen is well equipped & the breakfast is satisfying. Beds are comfortable with lockers in each room. Still, the BEST part about this hostel is Nicky & Hugo.. Actual legends.. Can't thank them enough for their hospitality!

We really enjoyed our stay. We extended from two to five nights. The atmosphere Nicky created was amazing. He went out of his way to make sure we were comfortable and having a great time. The hostel was very clean and the relaxed, social vibe makes it a great place for solo travelers as well. We will be back!!

One of the best hostels I've stayed in! Awesome staff really helpful, clean, comfortable, good vibes. Will stay again!

The atmosphere at the hostel was great! Met real nice people. They organize walking tours ( by Hugo :) ). And it was simply amazing. Also, they organize real cool parties. We ended up going to one with face painting. Nik and Hugo were very friendly and helping. I would surely recommend this place.

Unfortunately one of the managers gave me one of the most uncomfortable hostel experiences. I was due to arrive late at night and emailed the hostel to let them know. When I arrived Hugo acted shocked I was there. He was hostile and rude towards me. As a solo traveler I felt really unwelcome and even slightly unsafe. He also tried to get us to sign up for his kayaking tours and then never showed up. However, Nikki was fantastic and helpful.

Had a great stay, all the staff and guests here were super cool and fun, especially Nicky and Hugo :) Thanks for the great kayaking and for introducing me to the Big Lez Show! I'd definitely recommend this hostel, especially to solo travellers. It's very easy to meet people and everyone is super friendly, the hostel has a great vibe.

• 9th Nov 2015

Had a great stay here. Hugo and the staff really made it a welcoming and fun stay. Only complaints are the night staff had a tendency to fall asleep and not let you in right away if you came back late because they fell asleep on the job. Then the beds are really creaky flimsy metal beds. Overall I'd stay again and recommend it to others.

Hands down the best hostel I've stayed at. This place feels like home and will feel like your leaving family. I've stayed here 3 times. Each time is a new experience but all equally as awesome. Thanks to Nelson and Hugo for the amazing summer and Autumn. If you stay in Lagos this is the only place to stay.

Old Town Hostel is a great olace to stay. Hugo is just awesome. He runs this place, always having good advice on what to do. In addition to that he offers, organizes and leads walking tours, barn fires, kayaking tours and more

• 24th Oct 2015

Had an awesome stay at Old Town! Hugo and the team were really passionate about making sure everyone had a good time. I added another week on my original 5 night booking! So easy to make friends, loved the drinking games and movie days. Felt like home. Thanks team!

Coming to Old Town Hostel was the best decision I made when I came to Lagos. I missed my bus from Faro to Lagos and they were so accommodating and let me push my reservation. I met some of the best people in the hostel who I'll definitely keep in touch with. It's the best combination of awesome events and being able to sleep at night! Hugo who runs the hostel is a gem. He makes you feel right at home once you arrive and will make your trip 100x better.

• 19th Oct 2015

Hugo´s a legend. Made so many good friends here:)

Honestly the greatest hostel experience of my travelling career. It's exactly what you hope to find when you book and even more. The place is so central to everything you want to do, clean and most of all friendly. Hugo is a motherbitching legend and his offsider Nicky make the place so welcoming and friendly, before long the whole hostel goes out together and it becomes a family. I've made friends for life here, memories I'll never forget (some nights I might have forgot). I love Old Town :)

• 11th Oct 2015

very nice and sociable place light sleepers might have a problem as there are several bars just next door. If you wanna meet people (in my case, shitloads of Ozzies ;-) ) it is a very good place with activities and guitars and Wii etc

Hugo. That is all.

Excellent location. Friendly staff but a bit slow. Hugo was awesome - as usual. Attends to you the moment you go to him and fixes your problem. The other guy also helped us get a kayaking tour. In that sense, the staff is VERY helpful. It's a congested cozy place. I was in a 5 mixed bed dorm or something.. I got a mini bedroom to myself. But the hostel was very noisy! Too much noise - couldn't sleep. But, a fun hostel.. would love to go back again

This place is incredible! The facilities and everything are great, but it's the staff that make this place truly magical. All the staff were so helpful, it made it feel like just being at home which is great when you are travelling! Special shout out to Hugo and Nelson, you guys are awesome!!!

Old Town Hostel is an absolute blast. Hugo makes this hostel happen, from cave tours to Wii drinking games. The entire hostel is on one floor, so you get to know everyone really well, some even start to feel like family. Common room is a touch small, but they have plans to make it bigger. Great view in the morning over the bay. I cannot recommend this hostel more, definitely one of the best I have ever stayed in. Thanks guys!

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4