Old Town Lagos Hostel Reviews

Rua da Barroca, 70, 1º, Lagos, Portugal

We stayed in a two bed room with a private bathroom. The room and bathroom were clean and there was enough space with a shelf and a wooden box with a locker. Unfortunately, we barely slept because there was loud music playing inside and outside all night long. This is definitely a party hostel! Breakfast was nothing special. The hostel is ok if you like to stay out all night and you can definitely meet a lot of people there

Amazing time with sensational people and I absolutely recommend staying here

Had the most amazing time at this hostel. Will be coming back next year!

A nice stay in a nice hostel, good quality-price rate...not for sure one of the most safe I've ever seen (the doors in the dorms were always open, but this is probably customer's fault) and I wasn't really happy with the way one of the receptionist, a young black-hair lady, was acting (very annoyed and unhelpful, fortunately the older one was really really nice instead!)...but overall a good place where to stay in Lagos, very central and with a nice, feasty atmosphere! :)

• 11th Sep 2014

Fantastic hostel with excellent staff! Could not recommend highly enough.

Best Staff! Lovely place! Excellent Value for Money! Best Klosterschülerin ever!

• 5th Sep 2014

Maja does such an amazing job at running the hostel!! Very clean and has a nice family feel. Bathrooms Are big, private and clean (such a bonus for a hostel!!) highly recommend.

Located right in the Old Town so it is easy for transport links but it's right next to a lot of clubs which play loud music all night. Rooms have hardly any ventilation, but its impossible to keep a window open at night because of the noise. Either way = no sleep. The manager of the hostel was nice but her staff didn't really have an idea. The locks on the storage boxes could be opened with any key, so not the best security. Good place to be if you want to be surrounded by drunk Australians.

I did not like it there. I felt it was badly organized and not as clean as I would have wished.

Absolutely no joke the best hostel I've stayed in my whole trip. Staff go above and beyond what they need to do to make sure you have the most welcoming stay possible. Had a brilliant time here and will most certainly be coming back!! THANKS MAJA AND EVERYONE ELSE FOR EVERYTHING XO

• 1st Sep 2014

Great hostel in the old city center of Lagos. It was easy to find and I was welcomed by really nice staff. The room was a comfortable 4 bed dorm with a sink in it to brush your teeth etc. The staff was friendly and the living room/balcony were nice places to hang out between the beach and going out. Super close walking distance to bars and the beach. The staff even gave me a few recomendations for bars and places to eat and I ended up partying with them. Ill stay here again with no hestitation.

The Old Town Hostel in Lagos was like a second home for me, though in reality I would trade my current home to stay at the Old Town hostel longer. I had an amazing stay and a great time with the friendly and outgoing staff. I plan on returning myself as soon as possible, to see Maja and all the lovely people of the hostel again. To the workers at the hostel: thanks for making my stay in Lagos so enjoyable!

• 27th Aug 2014

BEST HOSTEL IN LAGOS!!!!!!!! Small so everyone becomes family, going to beach, pre-drinking, making dinner together. I stayed for 8 days and loved it. Great place to party and chill. Thanks Maja for the great times!!!! I definitely hope to come back some day!! With love from Cali!

We really enjoyed our stay there. The stuff is very helpfull and friendly.Totally recomended! A huge thank you to all! Maja and her big smile is awesome. We will repeat for sure! Saludos desde Sevilla!!!

• 26th Aug 2014
  • Albania

Our 4 bed dorm was very small, so we had to leave the window open, the problem about that was that there is a Club nearby and it is almost impossible to sleep. Besides it is not very clean. Out oft 7 hostels I visited it was the worst one.

I booked the hostel only for my first night and i i stayed there in the end for 6 nights. the hostel has a special atmosphere with lovely workers and people around. Espiacially maja the boss takes care of you like a mother. She is soo helpful and just a great open minded character. Every activity which was recommanded by maja and the other workers was 100% worth to do it. The hostel is clean and perfectly located. I met awesome people there and enjoyed my week in lagos and definitely come back.

• 25th Aug 2014

Volunteers here were amazing! Very friendly and helpful. The hostel itself is a party hostel and while we were there every guest was very ill. There were people sleeping on the couch in the common area, the wifi rarely worked, and there is no air conditioning. Would not stay again.

Great location and was easy to find! The pub crawl and staff were also great. Had a lot of fun at this hostel!

The hostel itself was nicely set up. The rooms were clean and felt homey. The owner would come by regularly herself to make sure we were doing ok and that our room/washroom was clean. The other staff was also accommodating, informing us about the best beaches, restaurants etc. location was great for everything: beach, restaurants, night life, bus/train station. It has a very social feel. Overall a good time, but it was one of the more expensive hostels

A beautiful little hostel with a very family feel. We all became good friends and drank together before heading out. Maja is an absolute gem, so lovely and willing to do anything to make your stay unforgettable. Some of the other staff were a bit clueless however. The intimate setting of the hostel makes you feel like your walking into our home which is nice.

• 12th Aug 2014