Old Town Lagos Hostel Reviews

Rua da Barroca, 70, 1º, Lagos, Portugal

I really enjoyed my stay here. Great location in the old town near the beach, bsrs and restaurants. I stayed in a female dorm with ensuite. The dorm had comfortable beds and a good sized ensuite. Good common facilities. Recommended if you're visiting Lagos.

Hugo is the man give him some love

Old Town is definitely the best hostel I have stayed in. Fairly clean, just a small issue of leaking of the showers. Fantastic staff. Hugo is the man! Ended up staying a week because of him. He makes you feel right at home. And the rest of the staff is so friendly and helpful. Amazing atmosphere. It's a small hostel, so you definitely get to know the people there. It was just one big family. So if you don't friends, don't stay here. Otherwise, it's perfect. Thanks for everything!❤️

Was staying at another hostel which is a little more renowned, but we moved to old town as it was a little cheaper. OH MY GOD, BEST DECISION EVER. the staff were all legends. Hugo took us on his own made tour through tracks that he had made to hidden beaches. It was unlike anything I have ever seen. The nights there were even better, with staff doing drinking games that definitely made me ready to hit grand cafe. Couldn't recommend this place more. Thank you for an amazing experience.

This hostel is so much fun. There is always something going on and so many travellers always hanging out it is great! Hugo is absolutely crazy but it makes for a really good time. The walking tours to the grottos are awesome and I definitely recommend going on them. I was travelling alone and it was so easy to meet other travellers and go out whenever you want. The hostel is located really close to the beach and is clean enough. I would definitely recommend staying here!

Originally booked for 2 nights but we ended up staying for 6. We had the best time and it was so sad to leave! Old Town brings the best living environment for all travellers. Location was the best. Can't get any closer to the shops/restaurants/food-store and the water! Hugo is the Man!!! Absolute legend looking after us during our stay + his hostel activities. Highly recommended his walking tour. Was amazing! Price wise it is cheaper compared to other hostels.

Excellent hostel in an excellent location!! Laid-back and relaxing atmosphere.

One of the best hostel I ever stayed , Amazing stuff and excellent atmosphere ! good for young traveller one small disadvantage is , all night you will hear people partying and music :-)

Hugo is great! He organize this amazing walking tour through the caves which I loved. It is a hostel with lots of fun and things to do. Every day something new. The only think I didnt like was the bathroom. The shower didnt work good and was kind of messy but it was ok.

Our stay at old town Lagos was UNBELIEVABLE! the atmosphere was so comfortable and fun...there was always activities organized and such helpful staff to tell you all the great spots to eat, drink, beach anything! Hugo was such an amazing help...we could not of had such an awesome stay without him. He organized our transportation, showed us amazing caves, cheap and great local food. Truly made a great friendship and could not of been more thankful for such kindness and elite hospitality. Be back!

Excellent location in Lagos. Not superclean, but ok. Furniture and bathrooms old-styled, WIFI does not work properly. There are different activities organised by the hostel in which you can participate or just spend some time in the common room to get to know the other guests. I'd recommend this place for people who like to be in the middle of nightlife (bars, Pubs).

The hostel is great! The staff are so nice, especially Hugo. Hugo is an awesome guy who gives tours of the cliffs and has great knowledge of the area for food and things to do. I will recommend anybody to come here for sure and this is well worth the place

the hostel has a good vibe. It is clean and the staff are very friendly. Hugo was very helpful when I was booking the bus to Lisbon. I would def recommend the hostel, they got 110% from me :)

Place was ok. Looked pretty clean, staff was nice. Wifi is terrible, it goes in and out all day.

This hostel is amazing! I ended up staying for 5 nights just because of the atmosphere. Hugo does an amazing job of making sure that everyone gets involved and has a great time. The $2 Sangria nights and the walking tour are must do's! Hugo knows all the secret spots and offers the best Lagos experience. Beds were clean and there were plenty of bathrooms/showers. When I return to Lagos, this will be the place I stay.

Amazing hostel, every night everyone gets together to play games and drink. One of my favourites!

• 8th Jun 2015

This place is so chilled and very cosy, staff definitely make the place and location is perfect!

clean and nice. It has a beach atmosphere, very well located near the center and everything. Definitely a yes again

You are travelling and want to meet other amazing people?! Just do it! I'm pretty sure there is no better hostel in town for these interests. Also you have anything else you need for a perfect stay and you should join the walking tour for sure. Thanks Hugo ;)

• 3rd Jun 2015

Old Town Hostel is so much fun! Hugo will look after you and make you laugh for your entire stay. More of a laid-back, fun, family vibe than other hostels in Lagos (I also stayed at the Rising Cock which was almost double the price and did not run any events like Hugo's awesome beach bonfire, home-made dinner or sangria nights!) but you can definitely still party all night every night if that's what you want! The terrace is great and the rooms are clean and a good size. 10/10 would stay again!

« first « Prev 1 2 3