Old Town Lagos Hostel Reviews

Rua da Barroca, 70, 1º, Lagos, Portugal

Basic facilities and rooms but amazing atmosphere and chill communal area to meet other travellers. Go here if you want to head out at night with a big group (free pub crawls!!)

Gratulation value for Money. Would definetely stay there again.

Fun, homey, laid back hostel. Lots of chances to meet fellow travelers on daily game nights. Hugo will go way out of his way to show you Lagos and the surrounds and make sure you have everything you need. Breakfast is pretty basic, but there is a kitchen at your disposal. Only complaint is in my dorm shower, the shower head would not stay put and would get water all over the floor, so you had to mop every time you showered. Overall great time.

The staff were friendly and accomodating. There weren't many people staying on he first night so the atmosphere was ok but then the next day there were some new friendly people. It was laid back, good value and location, I would recommend. :)

It´s ok to stay there, the owner is great but the pictures on hostelworld and facebook do not only show the hostel and the around, they are taken at different locations all over town.

• 11th May 2015

Homey facilities, great location, and fun vibe! Hugo will give you all the best recommendations for activities and restaurants. Would def stay again!

Had a fantastic time in a great location with great people! Perfect combo of fun and chillaxing.

You are absolutely crazy if you come to Lagos and do not stay at this hostel. 5min walk from the beach. 1min walk to great resturants. Every one of the staff was so friendly and helpful, which gives it great vibes. Overall: STAY HERE

Excellent!!

物超所值~Hugo人很好 great place to meet people and party

Old Town hostel was awesome! The rooms are nice and the kitchen has everything you need. Hugo offers amazing Cliff walking tours and organizes family dinners. Pub crawls are frequent, this hostel is great for young people. The location is perfect, it's walking distance from bars, restaurants, and beaches. Hugo made our stay very fun. He introduced everyone to each other and highly encouraged everyone to hangout. This hostel was the most social and fun one I've been to so far. Awesome staff!

• 28th Apr 2015

Small hostel with a very homey vibe, I definitely felt like I could relax here! Hugo is very helpful and wanted me to get the most out of the one full day I had here, though I could have easily stayed for longer! Keep it up :)

Cozy hostel with a good vibe! Hugo is helpful and hilarious :) The cave tour and kayak tours are awesome! The beach is a 5min walk away and is beautiful.

The hostel had a perfect location, near the beaches, bus and train stations. It has good facilities, great activities to get all together by day and night and a really cool, friendly and helpful staff! We had such a great time in this place, definetly coming back!!!

• 15th Apr 2015

I went at the tail end of off season to Lagos and had a really relaxing time. The hostel was mostly empty and I liked it that way. Staff seemed a tad unprofessional, probably because they were new and still feeling each other out. Honestly, the hostel is a bit of a frat house, but that's not necessarily a bad thing. Breakfast was coffee/tea/juice, cereal and toast with all kinds of fun stuff to put on it! Kitchen was great to have. And location was excellent - right outside of the bars!

Awesome!! The staff was really friendly, specially HUGO! He took us to a free walking tour on his day off, showed us the cliffs, the old town and really good places to eat. The room was clean and the atmosphere cool. Would definitely recommend!!

SUper !! i defenitly want to come back again to see you and work with you guys xoxo Enjoy life ! Miss Apple ! :)

I had an amazing time staying there, it was just so great. You instantly feel home when you get there. And hugo is just the best

Great hostel, very clean and well located. The best aspect of this hostel is definitely the atmosphere, Hugo and his staff do a great job making you feel very welcome right from when you walk in the door. Thanks guys!

I chose this place for our group as it seemed a bit less commercial than some of the others, and i've spent enough time in hostels where I know what I like (a little more homey) The staff won us over with their restaurant suggestions (I cook) and also cared enough to check on us when wedidntshowupontime. We arrived on the first day it was open for the season so we didn't see that many people, but if I go back to lagos i'll definetely stay there, oh and the bed was better than my bed at home! >_