Old Town Lagos Hostel Reviews

Rua da Barroca, 70, 1º, Lagos, Portugal

I can't say enough good things about this hostel. It has the best location, great vibe and awesome staff. Lagos is amazing and the hostel just made my stay even better. They organize different things every night and make you feel right at home. Thanks so much to Maya, Krystal, Emily, Diana, Stefan and Nicky for a lovely stay. See you soon!

Definitely a must stay. The volunteers, Diana, Emily and Krisytal, are amazing people and make your stay the best ever. I was only meant to stay in Lagos one night but ended up staying 3 nights because of them. A few things though, I would suggest making this a smoke-free hostel, if I knew smoking was allowed on the terrace I wouldnt have stayed. Also, conversations about the running of the hostel should be done in private, not infront of guests to maintain a positive atmosphere. Will be back!

It was great being here. Great people, great dinners and pub crawls and in the heart of the old town of Lagos.

Hugo, maja and the girls who work here are ao welcoming, you will feel so at home here. The atmosphere is chilled out and happy plus there is always someone keen for a drinking game too. Awesome hostel!

• 6th Apr 2014
  • Portugal

This message is for the owner rather than the staff, who are fantastic - especially the woman who manages it (I think her name is Maya). Unfortunately the building itself lets them down. I paid 30 Euros for a twin room with ensuite, about the same as a 3 star hotel, and I got a lot less for my money. The room was very basic, the shower fixtures were broken, quite a few of the lights didn't work, there was no storage, the drains were smelly. Owner: get your act together! Staff: good work!

• 31st Mar 2014

There should be a f*cking awesome to select when raring the staff.. These guys rock.! So welcoming and friendly made me feel right at home. Wasn't the best time of year weather wise to visit but I had a great time all the same and that's due to the fact of my stay at old town hostel.. I'll be back in summer Hugo and we gunna get crazy man.!! Trent!

This is one of the best hostels Ive ever stayed in. Very accomodating with a super chilled out atmosphere. I have to say the staff are what makes it so great as not only are they extremely helpful but they go the extra mile to keep their guests entertained and create a social environment. I had an amazing time.

• 27th Mar 2014
  • New Zealand

I would highly recommend this hostel. We had an amazing time staying here. The hostel is very social, fun, and has a great family atmosphere. We felt very comfortable here. The facilities are clean and the mattresses are wonderful! Hugo and Maja (the owners) are wonderful people and are extremely helpful with anything that you might need.

• 23rd Mar 2014

Hugo and Mia were amazing hosts who took the time to introduce everyone to each other and organise group activities and dinners; I felt like I was at home with a group of friends as opposed to staying at a Hostel which was a nice change! They even somehow managed to remember everyone's names! I'll definitely be returning here when I come back to Lagos.

This small hostel is a very special place. When I was there it wasnt crowded by drunken traveller groups, but it had a warm and friendly athmosphere. Breakfast and Oranges for free, clean rooms and bathroom. And its located very central, not far from the bus terminal.

• 7th Mar 2014

Great location and cool hostel, Hugo was running the hostel very funny guy with great stories and energy making our stay a memorable one. Would gladly stay here again very chilled environment.

Awesome place with wonderful people!

Excellent hostel. Great location and really well pulled together by Hugo. Great atmosphere and everything you could need.

Great hostel!!! Hugo is an awesome host! He creates a great, lively atmosphere that is perfect for meeting people. It is very clean and tidy with a good breakfast. We arrived a day earlier than our reservation and Hugo sorted our mistake without any concern. Location is good, walking distance to shops, supermarket and beaches! Thanks!

Small intimate hostel but Hugo does a great job of entertaining guests and providing a social, party atmosphere. Loved my time here and will definitely be back!

My friend and I booked at this Hostel for 3 nights but stayed 5. The common areas were really nice to hang out in with the friendly staff and either watch a movie with the Hostel manager or go on his bike ride tour of the beautiful beach cliffs surrounding the town centre. The only thing that could be improved was the doors tended to slam and make a lot of noise. Would definitely stay here again.

• 29th Oct 2013

Great Hostel!!! it was hard to leave, only intended on staying 2 nights but ending staying 9! All down to the fun friendly atmosphere, really great place to hang out and meet people due to its great social areas and cosy size, you instantly feel at home. Hugo, the manager, is a legend! organises fun bike and kyak tours and incredibly knowledgable about the area. Many great nights at Old town hostel, with the staff and everyone at the hostel. Definitely recommend.

• 28th Oct 2013

Great hostel, this is the place to go to party, meet people and have a blast. The staff prepare events like dinners and bike tours. Rooms have a secure locker and the kitchen is available if you want to cook. Also a great common room to meet people and have drinks.

We had a great time staying here, it felt comfortable like someones home. The staff were really helpful and nice. Its definately not quiet, and the common areas werr generally filled with people drinking, so if you're not looking for that,maybe look elsewhere

Best hostel I ever stayed in, Hugo is the best host ever and always there to help if needed. Good vibe and friendly people. Excellent location and a good organisation of outdoor activities. Love it!!!!

• 24th Oct 2013