Old Town Lagos Hostel Reviews

Rua da Barroca, 70, 1º, Lagos, Portugal

The location and atmosphere was incredible and the staff went above and beyond to meet our needs and cater to our every inquiry. It was truly my best hostel experience.

• 17th Jul 2014

Was an amazing hostel!! Super friendly staff and an awesome location. Will definetley be returning next year!!

• 8th Jul 2014

Great hostel if you really want to party. The crowd and the staff really facilitate it well. The place could use a few more washrooms for the amount of beds they have though. I found myself waiting multiple times for them. Overall a fun place to stay.

Stayed with a friend for 3 days.We came from Lisbon and Porto and first impression was really bad comparing to other places. The worst are metal bunk beds,every time someone moves on it when you sleep you wake up cos it keeps moving and makes loud noise.Bathroom in the room needs an upgrade,it feels as if it was the same since like 1995.The curtain in the window - u have to move the whole thing to open the window,it makes no sense.For 21 € per night would not stay again. Staff super nice though

Loved this place!! It depends on the guests of course, but I must say this was more a party hostel than I expected! The location is perfect, close to the beaches, bars and restaurants!! I really had an amazing time there, if I am ever in Lagos again this is where I will be staying!! :)

The blonde girl at the front was very friendly and helpful! Great location and it's nice they get the pub crawl out at 12 just in case you want to bed early (you won't Lagos is crazy). Just use your own padlock because keys open multiple lockers, I accidentally opened the wrong one when I came in and all my roommates belongings were in it.

Really great, fun hostel. The people there were really cool and it was easy to meet people if you are travelling alone. It is more of a party hostel which is great if thats what your looking for. Not the nicest facilities but overalll I really liked staying there and would again. Also, the staff were really nice and helpful with everything.

Pluses: the building is very beautiful and if you like to party this is the hostel for you Minuses: the staff were kind of a draw. I had some that were super nice and then some that were epithet extremely unhelpful and just plain rude Note: the bar crawl they do every night is always to the same three bars which the hostel has some sort of an agreement with, the bars are average and good for one night but I wouldn't recommend doing it more than once because seville has a lot more to offer

I had a lovely stay here, felt instantly at home and welcome. Thank you to the friendly, helpful staff! Rooms were very hot but the nice atmosphere made up for it. If I come back to Lagos I know where I will be staying!

• 28th Jun 2014

Such a good time in Lagos!! Nice cozy hostel, great location and the staff is amazing (Nicky, Lisa, Sara, Christie, Dutchie, all of them!) ... Definitely I would recommend this one!

This is a wonderful hostel, conveniently located within the quaint old town of Lagos. The staff at this hostel really makes you feel at home - they are truly warm, sincere and genuine and care a lot about the comfort of their guests, always asking if there is anything that you need. Maja and Nicky are absolutely amazing people with golden hearts, they will share with you their beautiful energy!! It's a very social hostel where everybody gets to meet each other. It's a great place to stay!

Dirty rooms and facilities. Too much noise at night. Nice staff.

We stayed at the hostel for 3 nights and it was great. We had a private twin with ensuite and it was a decent size and very clean. The staff were all extremely helpful and helped us book a kayaking tour as well as suggested place to eat/drink etc. The location is perfect, 5 mins from the closest beach and right in the centre of town. This made it very noisy at night though but the owner gave us ear plugs and we slept like babies. Great atmosphere for meeting people and partying as well.

I can recommend this place based on several factors: 1: Location is perfect. You have a view overlooking the water, one of the better supermarkets in town next to the hostel, and are ideally situated next to the happening clubs and bars. 2: Hostel itself is pretty nice. Big Kitchen and cool hang out space, and the rooms are good as well. 3: everyone that works and stays here is really cool. They will go out of their way to make you feel at home and tell you where to eat and go in lagos.

• 24th Jun 2014

Only amazing things to say about this hostel and it's staff..... incredible people who genuinely want you to have a great time and to enjoy Lagos. Very relaxed atmosphere and it's not just a place to stay it's a place to meet new friends and the option to go out as a group and enjoy the little town. Maia is a sweetheart and makes it a point to meet you a introduce you too people you may not already know. When I come back there is only one place I'll stay, and it's Old Town.

the BEST hostel ever! Maia and the girls were so kind!! best atmosphere! LOVED THE HOSTEL

It was a good hostel, though It wasn't anything out of the ordinary. The staff was friendly and Maia is a lovely person, they were really accommodating when we had to leave early, they even served breakfast earlier for us which was great.

Old Town Lagos was a wonderful place to stay on my trip to Lagos! It provided for a very fun environment that encouraged it's guests to hang out with each other and enjoy the experience! The bar crawls were great and the hostel is so close to them I never worried about making it home safely. Keys to the locks on the chests in the rooms worked for multiple chests which can be unsettling if you don't know who you are staying with. Would definitely recommend to any young people looking for fun!

A really comfy vibe with friendly staff, perfect location for going to the beach or partying in the old town.

I had an awesome time at Old Town. My friend recommended this place last year and kept bugging me about going because she had such a great time. I finally arrived and after driving Maja mental with my reservation after I missed a flight and some busses, I was welcomed to the hostel. The hostel is small so you get to know everyone staying there before going out there is always something to do from free sangria to dinner to just watching the game on TV. I had an awesome time! Thank you!

• 15th Jun 2014