Old Town Lagos Hostel Reviews

Rua da Barroca, 70, 1º, Lagos, Portugal

I had a great stay at the hostel! Very friendly staff, clean, nice common area. It's very social and you can have a good night out but they do make sure it's quiet enough after 1am in case you just want to stay in for a night.

• 21st Aug 2015

We had so much fun at this hostel! Rooms were clean and nice, and Hugo and the atmosphere were really fun, definitely recommended

Great location, very close to everything and a short walk to all the beaches

A big thankyou to the staff Hugo, Kevin and Nelson, they were excellent and always willing to provide advice on where to eat or party. The atmosphere in this hostel was fantastic, would definitely recommend everyone to stay here.

Great location, staff very friendly, and breakfast is included! What more can you ask for? They also had a patio & living room area with TV. Rooms were just right and the bathroom is always kept clean. Laundry service for €8 wash/dry and I have to say this was the best laundry service. Our clothes smelled so clean and it was so soft. I would highly recommend it, it's close to bars, markets, shopping and bus station.

We had both positive and negative experiences at this hostel. Check in and our first night was pretty terrible because of the person who was working at the time. We felt uncomfortable, unsafe and it was incredibly unprofessional. The photos are quite misleading, this is a very small place. However, our stay improved as the rest of the staff are lovely. The location is perfect SO close to the beach and shops. It could have been cleaner. Social side of things was great. Breakfast is okay.

The hostel itself was in a very central location but when we arrived one of the members of staff, Hugo, was mid bender. He was either high or drunk or perhaps even both. He was extremely rude to us and would answer our questions about where to eat with more questions. The next night he licked my face. He made me and the other girls I was travelling with very uncofortable. The other members of staff were fantastic and made the trip a lot more enjoyable. The rooms were dirty as was the hostel.

Great hostel great people. The manager is one of the coolest people I've ever met made our stay in Lagos well worth it. Defiantly be going back there.

Nothing to say :)

Hugo was a great laugh and his tours are awesome

• 7th Aug 2015

Hugo, u are such a great Person ! i really enjoyed partiing with u and especially the cliff tour ! You are so important for this hostel !

Old town is the place to be if your travelling solo, staff there are amazing, Kevin and Nelson in particular, they went the extra mile to make sure everyone is having the best time there. You get to meet so many travellers and the balcony is very cozy to chat with people. Highly recommended!

First time hosteling by myself and I truly could not have had a better experience anywhere else. The energy of all the guests was fantastic, many interesting people who wanted to have great conversations. Between the hostel events (cliff walking tour especially) and the positive energy of the staff, I feel like I really got the most out of my time in Lagos. I highly recommend staying here.

• 5th Aug 2015

We stayed at the apartments instead of the hostel building, but we could go to the hostel and enjoy all the things to do there too. It was spectacular. The staff was amazing, very clean, very quiet. I highly recommend it for the price. It was only 10 euros more for a small apartment compared to a dorm room for two, so if you have two people do the apartments.

Had the most pleasant experience. The hostel is close to a super market and clubs so it is nice and easy to stumble home at the end of the night and get your food fix in the morning. Plus they provide breakfast which is life saving. The staff are very friendly and helpful. The rooms are clean and there is a cute little balcony to have afternoon drinks on. Overall a lovely little place.

• 28th Jul 2015

I had a fantastic time at Old Town because of the people i met. I've stayed at a lot of really great hostels but this place is great for the price you are paying and really all that matters is that you're having fun and meeting new people.. which is exactly what you'll get.

great hostel for solo backpackers. on the smaller side with cozy common spaces, which makes it easy to meet people. staff were helpful, and had a great time on Hugo's walking tour / beach tour.

Can't say enough good things about old town. Hugo, Nelson and all the staff are amazing. Old town has a great vibe, a very welcoming feel and will help with whatever you need.

Had a great stay, good for a solo traveller as its cosy and social. I'll be back next time I'm in Lagos

I loved this hostel, the commune areas are great and easy to meet people in, the staff are very nice and the beds are comfortable, also it is ridiculously close to the beach! I had a really good time here!

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5