Old Town Lagos Hostel Reviews

Rua da Barroca, 70, 1º, Lagos, Portugal

Had the most pleasant experience. The hostel is close to a super market and clubs so it is nice and easy to stumble home at the end of the night and get your food fix in the morning. Plus they provide breakfast which is life saving. The staff are very friendly and helpful. The rooms are clean and there is a cute little balcony to have afternoon drinks on. Overall a lovely little place.

• 28th Jul 2015

great hostel for solo backpackers. on the smaller side with cozy common spaces, which makes it easy to meet people. staff were helpful, and had a great time on Hugo's walking tour / beach tour.

Had a great stay, good for a solo traveller as its cosy and social. I'll be back next time I'm in Lagos

I loved this hostel, the commune areas are great and easy to meet people in, the staff are very nice and the beds are comfortable, also it is ridiculously close to the beach! I had a really good time here!

This hostel and its staff members were absolutely amazing! Definately worth staying here. It has a positive family feeling about the place and there is always something happening for you to do!

If it wasn't for Hugo and Carlos that make the Hostel a pleasant place to stay, my rating would have been different.

What an amazing time we had! Hugo and his team made our time in Lagos awesome!! We kept extending our stay because of the relaxed, fun environment. The common area was great to make new friends, and Hugo and the team were supportive of everyone having a great time. I went on the walking tour and kayak tour with Hugo and it was fantastic! Finding the hostel was a mission, but that was partly our fault. It is around a corner, and up in an apartment building. We just asked locals.

Really nice place on an excellent location!

Had a fantastic time at the hostel! The facilities were night, simple and a good kitchen to cook in. The location is great, right near the beach and the center of town, but also quiet enough at night to sleep (if you choose to only sleep... But the nightlife is so fun, I'd advise against that). I was lucky to be there for Hugo's grotto hike/beach party BBQ. Well worth the 40€ for all you can eat, drink and meet fun people at your hostel and the one down the road. Stay at Old Town!

Great location, Quite noisy area though. Helpful staff.

Excellent staff. Hugo had a great sense of humour and personalised his assistance when needed. As a customer that was highly valued. Would def come back :)

I enjoyed staying at the hostel, the staff were really friendly and helpful and Hugo is very funny! They don't make you pay for towels which is a nice change and the free breakfast was good enough! However the best part was the people I met, the hostel seems to attract the nicest people as everyone I met was chatty and friendly and as its small you see everyone a lot! I ended up doing things everyday with some really nice people! The living room's cosy too and there's always a film on!

Hugo's legendary walking tour and the evenings in the hostel were the highlights of my trip!

• 10th Jul 2015

Old town was a fun time! Shout out to our main man Hugo for an amazing walking tour (highly recommended) and being a constant walking entertainment. Great location close to the beach and parties and great restaurant. Highly recommended if you want a fun party. (Love, the raptor pack)

The position is very central and the breakfast was rich and good. Unlikely the room and bed sheets were not really clean.

Had an awesome time at Lagos at old town hostel! It is in the perfect spot right by all the restaurants and pubs and 5 mins from the beach. The hostel is really laid back and there is a great atmosphere there. Hugo organises lots of activities and everyone is really friendly. We loved it and kept bookings extra nights

Stayed here last year and had such a great time this year as well! Such a social atmosphere, amazing for solo travellers, really good common area and balcony. Lots of events organised but it's not too big of a hostel so you're still able to have some down time if you wanted. Close to everything in the town and Hugo can answer any questions you may have about Lagos. Can't recommend this place highly enough!

When I arrived here I was a little worried because I am quite reserved in the beginning and it seemed like the hostel was more for really young party people (I am 23). But when I was cooking, I met all kinds of travelers in the kitchen. I met so many interesting travelers here, and there is such a lovely atmosphere! I went to another hostel in another city after this one and I missed Old Town a lot.. There is no bar so you sit in the living room or the patio together. It's like a family :)

I really enjoyed my stay here. Great location in the old town near the beach, bsrs and restaurants. I stayed in a female dorm with ensuite. The dorm had comfortable beds and a good sized ensuite. Good common facilities. Recommended if you're visiting Lagos.

We had a really nice stay at Old Town Lagos hostel!! What we liked most was the walking tour which was organized by the hostel. Also we were given great recommendations what to do in Lagos. We had a great time and can definitely recommend staying there. Hugo made it the best experience ever!! :) #catfive

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4