Old Town Munkenhof Reviews

Munga 4, Tallinn, Estonia

Bit noisy one nigh, but they moved me to the back of the hostel so all was good

Overally very good value for the money right in the old town. Kitchen was big (though the tap seemed to be almost finished). I had a clean and spacious dorm that was entered through another dorm.

100x100 recommended

Great location and wonderfully helpful staff made this a good stay for us. Room was basic and maybe a bit dated, but clean which was the important thing. Same can be said of our ensuite. I have no complaints (just the standard too-hot-to-close-windows-but-a-bit-noisy-outside predicament overnight, though i should note this was mainly just street noise and not guests), and would definitely recommend.

Room has no windows so not enough air.X toilets

We stayed in a four bed private room and it was amazing..Our room was very clean and spacious. Highly recommended.

• 6th Aug 2015

The beds are great, really comfortable and there not noisy like in other hostels but what did wake me up was the owner shouting at someone in the bunk below me (probably staff). I think that's unacceptable. Also there are only 2 showers. Location is great but there's no atmosphere in the hostel and it's overpriced.

The staff were really great and you cannot beat the location. It's easy to get to from both the airport and the ferry, and you're right in Old Town, but down a side street so it's nice and quiet. The hostel is a bit odd, but despite it all, I really enjoyed my time there. The beds were super comfortable.

Good location and wifi. One insolent staff member. Dorm has another room attached which means people constantly walking through, loud doors, large but average kitchen, great social areas. Toilets get very dirty.

Friendly staff, clean, great location. But my room was windowless so got very airless and hot at night - this wasn't great at all. There was a very inadequate fan, air-conditioning should at least be installed in a windowless room. I also paid for a 4-person dorm but it was effectively a 10 person room as you had to walk through another dorm to get to the room.

• 12th Jul 2015

Great location in the old town! The place looked nice and cozy. Nice atmosphere overall :)

Good location and clean rooms, but in the one I stayed there wasn't windows, and to enter the room I had to pass another dorm, so this was a little bit inconvenient. The staff was ok, bit I think they hould suggest some places to see in Tallinn and to eat.

• 2nd Jul 2015

This was a great stay we had in Tallinn! The room was simple and clean. There is a big kitchen and dinner room. You can watch movie every night, there is a basement home-cinema. Manager was very helpful to find what we needed in town. And you have free wi-fi everywhere :)