Old Town Zagreb Reviews

Dordiceva 24 (Ulica Ignjata Dordica), Zagreb, Croatia

Great hostel! We stayed in a private doorm, which surprised us! So big and comfortable. But the best is the stuff, Jelena is a great woman, she helped us in every single thing, she really takes care of the people staying in the hostel.Thank you for everything!

The best. Jelena was a perfect host, and made us feel very welcome. Well located and the place is warm, clean and bright

Odlicna lokacija, toplo, cisto. Domacica Jelena je super.

• 31st Dec 2015
  • Croatia

Jelena was the most helpful staff I have ever had when at a hostel. She seemed genuinely excited to show me everything on the map of what to do in Zagreb! She even helped me plan my trip to plitvice lakes, looking up bus times and making suggestions. She was so nice! Also the hostel itself was spotless, beds were comfortable and it was nice and warm. Sad I only had one night here, but glad I chose this hostel. Thanks for everything Jelena!!!

Lovely place! But the best was the lovely Staff Jelena:) Thank you for your kindness and hospitality. And your little dog.. aahh i forgot her name, sorry. Take care!

A+ Jelena went far beyond what was necessary to make you feel welcomed. Great small hostel. Free towels was a bonus. Will definitely be back.

Jelena was such a delight, and could not have been more helpful. I wish so much that I could have stayed longer! The greatest aspects to this place are definitely her hospitality and help, and the location, and the smaller positive additions were the washing machine, the stocked bathroom necessities and towels, and the small availabilities in the kitchen like juice. In all fairness, the bed wasn't very comfortable at all, but everything else was comfortable and the decor was great.

We came to the hostel in the middle of the off season and Jelena our host was amazing. The place was basically empty but Jelena made us feel at home. She did our laundry and hung it up while we were napping and was super knowledgable about getting around Croatia, as we were trying to head towards the coast she looked up probably 6 different bus routes for us with all the different times and prices. Even though it was quite it was a great night spent here!

Everything was clean and tidy. Would be great if the oven worked! Hostel is in good walking distance from main square. Receptionist seemed to either have a really long shift or lived there, as she was always asleep in the couch.

Ana was super helpful and flexible. The hostel was situated conveniently, clean, comfy and had just what I needed. Given the season there aren't as many people venturing around Croatia so it was very quiet. Ana will tell you where to go if you're looking to socialize. Definitely recommend it!

The place is meaningfull. It is spacious, clean. It has a spirit. Ania is here to tell what to do and it is a place as if she is having people she knows. You will all appreciate !

Ticked all the boxes in location, good beds, cleanliness, lockers and kitchen. Heating was even turned on which was very warmly. It was really quiet in the hostel as there was only two guests staying there but I didn't mind, I was looking for a bit of quiet time actually. Anna the receptionist/resident caretaker seemed to be a bit over it per se, which made hanging around the hostel a little awkward at times. Other than that I had a pleasant stay.

One of my best hostel experiences. No place in Zagreb can have a better location: on foot 5 min from the main square, 10 min to the railway station and maybe 15 min from the bus station. It has more of the atmosphere of a real Zagreb flat than a lodging for tourists. The people there were cool. I would specially point out that it is very clean. Ana is really from Zagreb and she will help you with anything.

• 22nd Oct 2015
  • Hungary

Everything is perfect. It perfecis near everything. Clean and safe

Ana was the best! She helped us alot by showing the good visiting and food spots.

Fantastic hostel, Ana was the best staff member ever, and I can say that I truly loved my time there. I hope to be back some time. Thanks for everything Ana! John

Very clean. A nice choice if you are looking for a quiet place to stay.

Great hostel and the girl at reception is really helpful with anything you need! Great location for checking out the city.

Jelena was an exceptionaly kind and helpfull hostess. I will definitely go back again.

• 13th Sep 2015

Very friendly and nice place. Thanks, Jelena!