Old Town Zagreb Reviews

Dordiceva 24 (Ulica Ignjata Dordica), Zagreb, Croatia

One of the best hostels I have stayed in. The hostel manager is very welcoming, helpful and passionate about the town and spent about 20 minutes going through a map and telling us where to go in our short stay in Zagreb. The private double room was very spacious and the shared kitchen/bathrooms are clean and well looked after. The hostel is about 10 minute walk from the main activity of the city, in the square and upper town and is easy to get to from the station and bus stop. Highly recommended

If there is one thing that makes this hostel great is that Jelena works there. I've had my share of hostels and I can say it is hard to remember meeting someone like her, she was always doing her best to make sure everyone would have an amazing stay in Zagreb and at the hostel. The facilities of the hostel are good, location is perfect and the staff is just amazing.

I had a fantastic stay at Old Town. The hostel is in a good location, close to everything. The kitchen is well equipped and the bathrooms are very clean. But the highpoint iis Jelena, the amazing host, who is passionate about her country and worried in making sure her guests will have the best experience possible while in Zagreb. She's an amazing host, and the hostel feels like the perfect mix of homestay and hostel.

Great hostel in a good location. Jelena the owner was extremely helpful, couldn't ask for more!

Staff is great!

Decent place. Excellent staff. No real complaints.

Best hostel I have ever stayed in, 11/10

This was one of the best hostels during my whole trip in Europe! I arrived late and stayed for only night in Zagreb but it was a magic stay. Jelena, the owner, was extremly welcoming and gave me excellent advice about what to do in Zagreb in so short time. I had a fantastic night in Zagreb. The hostel is perfectly located, everything is perfect. That's the place and the people you're hoping for when being on a solo trip! Thanks a lot!!

We have been travelling a while now and jelena has been the most friendly and welcoming host on the whole trip. Nothing is too much trouble and it's like a home from home. Top location and excellent value can't recommend it enough!

Jelena really great help. (Hope I get the correct name). Make our stay better with all the relevant info. Will be coming back if I am visiting Zagreb again!

All good. Staff is excellent, the place is clean and organized. There is also a big room to watch tv and relax.. It's not a party hostel, but if are looking for a good place to stay and relax, this is it.

This hostel really is the best deal if you want to stay a few nights in Zagreb. Located in an old apartment, a 5-minute walk from the cathedral and the old town, it is pretty small (around 14 beds), which creates a cosy atmosphere. The living room is nicely put together to spend some time chilling, watching tv, reading, or chatting with some of your fellow guests. The big plus: your host is very welcoming and will give you all the tips to enjoy Zagreb. Definitely recommend!

• 27th Jul 2015

Nice Hostel in Zagreb, Jelena was extremely helpful, atmosphere was maybe slightly too quiet when I was there but it was still possible to meet people as a solo traveller.

I stayed one night ay this hostel. Location and staff are extra good! Other aspects are also good.

• 21st Jul 2015
  • Turkey

This place is kinda amazing. Only maybe 10-14 beds in the place but you have a pretty chill common room where u can watch movies. The lady is extremely helpful. However not always available but you can call her to come back to the apartment. The air conditioning has a lost controller, so it's insanely hot inside at the moment (May even be fixed now). Be my only major criticism, but temporary issue. Great people to meet and good atmosphere.

Beautifully located place and perfect rooms. We had a private room, which was very big and clean. We definitely recommend it. The best of all was the host: Jelena. She was so sweet and welcoming. She immediately gave us all the ins and outs of Zagreb. We stayed in a lot of hostels but this host was one of the best. We definitely recommend to book this hostel.

Super nice lady at the reception, free towels, clean place, close to a lot of things.

Wonderful hostel. Jelena is one of the loveliest and most helpful people to ever run a hostel - she went above and beyond at every turn and made our short stay very smooth and pleasant. I only wish we could have stayed for a few more days!

The staff were very helpful, and willing to accommodate the fact that my train didn't arrive until the very end of their office hours. My overall impression was a solid comfortable hostel - not outstanding, but nothing to complain about. The location was good, but do not that the name isn't quite true and it isn't in old town Zagreb!

Ana is a warm, helpful person who helps you out if you want to know something. The dorm is clean and spacious. There was a heat wave with temperatures around 37-38° C when I was there, but Ana placed a fan, so there was a little bit of a cooling effect in the dorm. If I ever come back to Zagreb, I defenetly stay there again.

« first « Prev 1 2 3