Old Town Zagreb Reviews

Dordiceva 24 (Ulica Ignjata Dordica), Zagreb, Croatia

Staff were knowledgeable and friendly. Very good location.

• 13th Jun 2015

Absolutely loved staying here!! And made me feel like it was my own home and helped with all I needed for my stay in Zagreb and plitvice. Kitchen is lovely, everything really clean, bathrooms spacious. Short walk to the oldtown. Only thing would maybe be needing some more places to sit in the common area. Would definitely recommend!! Thanks so much Ana :)

Stayed at Old Town Zagreb for about three nights. Really nice Hostel, very close to the centre, bus and train station. The rooms can get a little warm but is a chilled place to stay. Ana (who works there) is wonderful!

Ana was fantastic =) really knowledgable and helpful. The location was great.

• 7th Jun 2015
  • New Zealand

Loved my stay here (clean, safe, well located & with great facilities for cooking - though the pans have seen better days - & for meeting people) & the other reviews are right about the amazing staff -Ana was great & it almost felt like I was visiting with an old friend or sharing a flat with really clean roommates. The small size is nice for meeting people. You really feel at home. Even with my sore foot I enjoyed the city with the chance to soak it in a basin 'at home' to recover at night. ;)

After living for almost 3 weeks in party hostels, this was a nice change of pace. Was very relaxing and calm. The owner, Ana I think is her name, is extremely sweet and mother like. She knows everyone's names and does a great job to ensure you have a pleasant stay. Kitchen, rooms, and bathrooms were all great! Loved it.

I felt very comfortable here as a solo traveller! It's a small hostel which makes it easy to meet people to spend time with, facilities were very good and the bed was comfortable.

This is a very small and personal hostel. The person managing the hostel, Ana, is the best host you can find. She knows everything about the city, you can ask her anything and she would even go out of her way to help you out. In Zagreb, the main train and bus station and relatively far away from the main city square and this hostel is ideally located somewhere in the middle and both areas are easily walk-able.

The hostel was quiet and relaxed with loads of character. The person on duty, Anna, was really friendly and helpful.

• 29th May 2015

Absolutely amazing! The best hostel I've stayed in purely on how welcome I felt straight away, how relaxed I felt around the hostel, and how easy it was to get places. Ana made my trip, she was so relaxed and told me the best places to go and eat etc. She has great knowledge on the City which helped me a lot. Ana even joined me and some guys for a drink one night which was awesome! Very clean, towels if you need them, tea & coffee, 5 minutes to city center, what more do you want! :-)

Ana was lovely and made the place. She was super accommodating and honestly it felt more like a hostel! Best hostel we stayed at on our two week trip.

Nice staff, nice way to meet new people. The place itself is correct, but the atmosphere is great, you feel welcome as if you were at home. I loved it.

• 16th May 2015
  • Austria

I had a great time in Zagreb. I will definitely be back and probably at old town hostel. Ana was great. I didn't have much time and she told me exactly what I could do in the time I did have.

It was very cozy nice home-feeling hostel. Very quiet but you can meet nice people there too. The staff is very helpful and genuinely nice. Very well maintained and everything is very clean. One bed I stayed is a bit bad condition but ohersoher beds seem fine. And if you are thinking about cooking for your meal it is not really suitable beacuse the stove seems not working properly. Except that small issue, this hostel is highly recommendable!

Great location handy to the the train station. Lady that works there is super helpful pointing you in the right direction of things to do and where to eat.

Very lovely hostel in excellent location, my room was huge, and both the staff and the other guests were very friendly and welcoming. The hostel had a very nice atmosphere, and felt very much like home (maybe even nicer :-). I'd definitely recommend it!

My best hostel experience, by far ! The location is great, the facilities and the cleanliness inside are perfect, but above everything, the atmosphere of the place is ideal. It is small so it is very familial and thanks to the staff, you will feel at home from the minute you arrive,until the one you leave. Choose it, you will not regret it !!!

I stayed here in 2005 and so rebooked in 2015. Still absolutely fantastic. Jelena is the best host -- very friendly and genuine. The place is spotless and comfortable. Quiet out of season, almost like having an apartment to yourself. Large living room to socialise in, kitchen with all equipment and basic ingredients provided (free tea and coffee). Comfortable beds. Very central location. PS it's (unbelievably) not in Rough Guide to Croatia. It's like Zagreb's best kept secret.

Jelena was an incredible host! We got in around 9pm and left at 8 in the morning, but she took time to show us where to find a 24/hour bakery to grab a late dinner and showed us all the bus timetables. Great experience

• 22nd Apr 2015

Perfect stay. Could't wish more from a hostel. I had the best service I have ever had anywhere.