Old Town Zagreb Reviews

Dordiceva 24 (Ulica Ignjata Dordica), Zagreb, Croatia

Nice staff, nice way to meet new people. The place itself is correct, but the atmosphere is great, you feel welcome as if you were at home. I loved it.

• 16th May 2015
  • Austria

Great location handy to the the train station. Lady that works there is super helpful pointing you in the right direction of things to do and where to eat.

Very lovely hostel in excellent location, my room was huge, and both the staff and the other guests were very friendly and welcoming. The hostel had a very nice atmosphere, and felt very much like home (maybe even nicer :-). I'd definitely recommend it!

My best hostel experience, by far ! The location is great, the facilities and the cleanliness inside are perfect, but above everything, the atmosphere of the place is ideal. It is small so it is very familial and thanks to the staff, you will feel at home from the minute you arrive,until the one you leave. Choose it, you will not regret it !!!

I stayed here in 2005 and so rebooked in 2015. Still absolutely fantastic. Jelena is the best host -- very friendly and genuine. The place is spotless and comfortable. Quiet out of season, almost like having an apartment to yourself. Large living room to socialise in, kitchen with all equipment and basic ingredients provided (free tea and coffee). Comfortable beds. Very central location. PS it's (unbelievably) not in Rough Guide to Croatia. It's like Zagreb's best kept secret.

Jelena was an incredible host! We got in around 9pm and left at 8 in the morning, but she took time to show us where to find a 24/hour bakery to grab a late dinner and showed us all the bus timetables. Great experience

• 22nd Apr 2015

Perfect stay. Could't wish more from a hostel. I had the best service I have ever had anywhere.

Hands down the nicest hostel I've stayed in. The host was warm and helpful, and she was eager to introduce various sightseeing and food places for us to visit. The rooms and toilets were clean, and the common area was nice too. The location is really good - we didn't need to take public transportation at all. The city center is just a few minutes away from the hostel. I'll definitely recommend this place if you want your stay in Zagreb to be memorable and pleasant.

A very cozy place. Nice kitchen and shower. Great location.

This place is great! Jelena is so sweet and helpful - within minutes of walking in the door she had already drawn me a whole map with everything I should do that night and she had offered to walk me to the tram stop in the morning so I wouldn't get lost. The atmosphere is very calm and relaxed - it feels more like you're staying at a friend's apartment than at a hostel. It's perfect for anyone who wants a home-y and quiet place to stay during their travels. Very happy!

• 28th Mar 2015

OT Zagreb is a very unique place. I have travelled to around 85 countries over the past dozen or so years and I must say this is one of my favorite places I have ever stayed. The location is great along with the facilities but the staff make this place special. Jelena is simply a gem of a person and was completely amazing with any request or question I had with Zagreb. She even walked with me to the train station to ensure that I purchased the correct train ticket for my onward journey. Amazing.

Excellent everything!

• 11th Mar 2015

The staff at Old Zagreb was phenomenal. I have been traveling by train through about 11 countries now and this one had the best hostess. She joyfully went out of her way to ensure the guest was comfortable, got to see everything in the city with some stories attached, and for me she went to a supply store to print some documents for me. It was an amazing stay. The hostel itself was cozy and very clean. Everything you need!

• 9th Mar 2015

Booked this place because of the reviews saying how great the staff are. Couldn't agree more. And I slept so well. The beds here are so comfortable!

Great hostel. Nice and calm place with cozy atmosphere. The lady working there is always available when you need her. She even waited till I got out of bed at some point in the afternoon before she cleaned the place. I'd come back to this hostel in Zagreb

staff was heartwarming and overall atmosphere was great. using kitchen easily and facilities were also good. especially the location was nice to walk every tourist attraction on foot. even close to drop by holy mass at early morning. if i got a chance to visit zagreb again I would not hesitate to choose old town zagreb. :>

We loved staying at the Old Town Hostel! Ana was super nice and gave us lots of good info on where to visit, eat and how to get to/from Plitvice National Park. The hostel was in a great location, close to the centre square. It was also very clean with good wifi. All the other travellers we met there were also very friendly.

Nice stay. Clean hostel, quite atmosphere, good wifi, super friendly staff. Jelena was wonderful! The only thing less than nice was that the mattresses are quite springy and hard.

Jelena was very warm and friendly. Really enjoyed the stay at Old Town Zagreb and would definitely stay here next time around. The hostel has a very homely atmosphere and Jelena was available at all times for any kind of help. Much recommended

• 1st Jan 2015
  • India

Overall, my friend and I were very happy with our experience. We loved the atmosphere and good vibes. Jelena, who's in charge of the hostel, was very welcoming and informative. Any question we had, she was able to answer; she's pretty awesome. The only thing that didn't go as planned were the bus times on NYE coming from Plitvice Lakes. We had bought round trip tickets from our bus driver, which never came after 2 hrs went by; it was terrible. Holiday schedule for ya...always have a backup!