Old Town Zagreb Reviews

Dordiceva 24 (Ulica Ignjata Dordica), Zagreb, Croatia

Been travelling on and off for over 4 years and this is one of the best! Jelena is the best hostess ever. Real homely feel and perfect for a few chill days after the Sail Croatia. Location is 15 minute walk from the bus station and 5 minutes from all the bars and restaurants in the old town. Jelena is so helpful and makes sure you get the most out your stay in Zagreb.

Great hostel - very clean and friendly. Jalina is a great host. I'd come back here again - Zagreb is a great town.

• 10th Sep 2015

Old town hostel was amazing! purely for the amazing service you get from the staff and the hostel it self is almost like a shared apartment rather than a hostel a really cozy feel with everything you need a minute walk away again cant rave enough about the amazing person who works there!!! All in all favorite hostel in all of Europe !!!

• 9th Sep 2015
  • Scotland

Jelena was great - we really liked how she took the time to give us a map and show us how to get everywhere when we arrived. s wheteveverything

Jelena who works here was excellent. I have never stayed in a hostel with such friendly and helpful staff. She took half an hour to run through the town map highlighting everything that there was to see / how to get there / how good it was - really was excellent! The hostel itself is in a good location, about 5/10 minutes walk from the old town and the railway station. I would certainly stay here again in the future

Only stayed one night but loved it. Would definitely stay here again if I were to return to Zagreb!

Old town Zagreb is at the souls of Zagreb. But the soul of this hostel is Jelena who is among the best hostel hosts. Her instructions are better than most walking tours. And she takes the time out to help you with information bus advice and everything you may need to know. She also recommends stuff based on your personality. Definitely staying again.

One of the nicest hostels I have stayed in - clean, tidy, great kitchen, not a huge hostel so had a nice relaxed atmosphere. But the best thing was Jelena, who gave us loads of recommendations of places to go, more than happy to help when trying to figure out the bus timetable, and any other questions we had. Easy to get to the bus station, and less than 10 mins walk to the main square in the old town of Zagreb. Perfect stay :)

One of the best hostels I have stayed in. The hostel manager is very welcoming, helpful and passionate about the town and spent about 20 minutes going through a map and telling us where to go in our short stay in Zagreb. The private double room was very spacious and the shared kitchen/bathrooms are clean and well looked after. The hostel is about 10 minute walk from the main activity of the city, in the square and upper town and is easy to get to from the station and bus stop. Highly recommended

If there is one thing that makes this hostel great is that Jelena works there. I've had my share of hostels and I can say it is hard to remember meeting someone like her, she was always doing her best to make sure everyone would have an amazing stay in Zagreb and at the hostel. The facilities of the hostel are good, location is perfect and the staff is just amazing.

Such a lovely small and friendly hostel, Jelana who runs the place is so helpful in telling you about the town, and will help you out with anything. Also has a good kitchen and communal area to hang out in. Very close to centre of town, station and supermarkets. Really enjoyed a chilled stay here.

I had a fantastic stay at Old Town. The hostel is in a good location, close to everything. The kitchen is well equipped and the bathrooms are very clean. But the highpoint iis Jelena, the amazing host, who is passionate about her country and worried in making sure her guests will have the best experience possible while in Zagreb. She's an amazing host, and the hostel feels like the perfect mix of homestay and hostel.

Not much to do in Zagreb but for what it is the hostel stay was great. And the staff is so friendly and informative. I'd recommend

Great hostel in a good location. Jelena the owner was extremely helpful, couldn't ask for more!

Staff is great!

Decent place. Excellent staff. No real complaints.

Best hostel I have ever stayed in, 11/10

This was one of the best hostels during my whole trip in Europe! I arrived late and stayed for only night in Zagreb but it was a magic stay. Jelena, the owner, was extremly welcoming and gave me excellent advice about what to do in Zagreb in so short time. I had a fantastic night in Zagreb. The hostel is perfectly located, everything is perfect. That's the place and the people you're hoping for when being on a solo trip! Thanks a lot!!

1 2 Next » last »