Old Town Zagreb Reviews

Dordiceva 24 (Ulica Ignjata Dordica), Zagreb, Croatia

I felt very comfortable here as a solo traveller! It's a small hostel which makes it easy to meet people to spend time with, facilities were very good and the bed was comfortable.

This is a very small and personal hostel. The person managing the hostel, Ana, is the best host you can find. She knows everything about the city, you can ask her anything and she would even go out of her way to help you out. In Zagreb, the main train and bus station and relatively far away from the main city square and this hostel is ideally located somewhere in the middle and both areas are easily walk-able.

The hostel was quiet and relaxed with loads of character. The person on duty, Anna, was really friendly and helpful.

• 29th May 2015

Absolutely amazing! The best hostel I've stayed in purely on how welcome I felt straight away, how relaxed I felt around the hostel, and how easy it was to get places. Ana made my trip, she was so relaxed and told me the best places to go and eat etc. She has great knowledge on the City which helped me a lot. Ana even joined me and some guys for a drink one night which was awesome! Very clean, towels if you need them, tea & coffee, 5 minutes to city center, what more do you want! :-)

Ana was lovely and made the place. She was super accommodating and honestly it felt more like a hostel! Best hostel we stayed at on our two week trip.

Nice staff, nice way to meet new people. The place itself is correct, but the atmosphere is great, you feel welcome as if you were at home. I loved it.

• 16th May 2015
  • Austria

I had a great time in Zagreb. I will definitely be back and probably at old town hostel. Ana was great. I didn't have much time and she told me exactly what I could do in the time I did have.

It was very cozy nice home-feeling hostel. Very quiet but you can meet nice people there too. The staff is very helpful and genuinely nice. Very well maintained and everything is very clean. One bed I stayed is a bit bad condition but ohersoher beds seem fine. And if you are thinking about cooking for your meal it is not really suitable beacuse the stove seems not working properly. Except that small issue, this hostel is highly recommendable!

Great location handy to the the train station. Lady that works there is super helpful pointing you in the right direction of things to do and where to eat.

Very lovely hostel in excellent location, my room was huge, and both the staff and the other guests were very friendly and welcoming. The hostel had a very nice atmosphere, and felt very much like home (maybe even nicer :-). I'd definitely recommend it!

My best hostel experience, by far ! The location is great, the facilities and the cleanliness inside are perfect, but above everything, the atmosphere of the place is ideal. It is small so it is very familial and thanks to the staff, you will feel at home from the minute you arrive,until the one you leave. Choose it, you will not regret it !!!

I stayed here in 2005 and so rebooked in 2015. Still absolutely fantastic. Jelena is the best host -- very friendly and genuine. The place is spotless and comfortable. Quiet out of season, almost like having an apartment to yourself. Large living room to socialise in, kitchen with all equipment and basic ingredients provided (free tea and coffee). Comfortable beds. Very central location. PS it's (unbelievably) not in Rough Guide to Croatia. It's like Zagreb's best kept secret.

Jelena was an incredible host! We got in around 9pm and left at 8 in the morning, but she took time to show us where to find a 24/hour bakery to grab a late dinner and showed us all the bus timetables. Great experience

• 22nd Apr 2015

Perfect stay. Could't wish more from a hostel. I had the best service I have ever had anywhere.

Hands down the nicest hostel I've stayed in. The host was warm and helpful, and she was eager to introduce various sightseeing and food places for us to visit. The rooms and toilets were clean, and the common area was nice too. The location is really good - we didn't need to take public transportation at all. The city center is just a few minutes away from the hostel. I'll definitely recommend this place if you want your stay in Zagreb to be memorable and pleasant.

A very cozy place. Nice kitchen and shower. Great location.

This place is great! Jelena is so sweet and helpful - within minutes of walking in the door she had already drawn me a whole map with everything I should do that night and she had offered to walk me to the tram stop in the morning so I wouldn't get lost. The atmosphere is very calm and relaxed - it feels more like you're staying at a friend's apartment than at a hostel. It's perfect for anyone who wants a home-y and quiet place to stay during their travels. Very happy!

• 28th Mar 2015

OT Zagreb is a very unique place. I have travelled to around 85 countries over the past dozen or so years and I must say this is one of my favorite places I have ever stayed. The location is great along with the facilities but the staff make this place special. Jelena is simply a gem of a person and was completely amazing with any request or question I had with Zagreb. She even walked with me to the train station to ensure that I purchased the correct train ticket for my onward journey. Amazing.

Excellent everything!

• 11th Mar 2015

The staff at Old Zagreb was phenomenal. I have been traveling by train through about 11 countries now and this one had the best hostess. She joyfully went out of her way to ensure the guest was comfortable, got to see everything in the city with some stories attached, and for me she went to a supply store to print some documents for me. It was an amazing stay. The hostel itself was cozy and very clean. Everything you need!

• 9th Mar 2015