OldHouse Hostel Reviews

Uus Street 26, Tallinn, Estonia

I'd made a mistake with my booking, but staff ensured there were no disruptions, and the whole place was spotlessly clean. I was quite concerned that anybody could have walked in and gone to any room however, as I was able to walk freely in and out without keys, or any kind of ID, for example, and I was given very little orientation information. That said, it was a great location, and very comfortable.

need to add "fans" to each room in the summer.

• 15th Jul 2014

Room 6 in the guesthouse was very nicely furbished and recently renovated. Unfortunately the curtain was broken and not yet fixed what is quite disturbing if dark night is only from 23.30h-03.00h. In the Guesthouse, the toilet is really VERY TINY but clean, the shower is also clean and very old fashioned. Free wifi. Well equiped kitchen in the guesthouse and nice breakfast for 4€ in the "main house".

• 28th Jun 2014
  • Austria

The staff are nice and the location is hard to beat, but the place has a pretty powerful odor of either mold or sewage in the bathrooms that's impossible to ignore when you use the facilities.

• 19th Jun 2014

This is a quite place. If you are looking for a place to mingle with other travellers, not the best choice, but perfect for relaxing.

The old town location was very central, €5 taxi from the bus station and an easy walk to the city. We were disappointed that there were building façade works so we could not open a window to ventilate our room, a small fan was provided but did not really help with the stuffiness and smell that comes with many people in close quarters. The bathrooms were small but adequate, the cleanliness however was poor, after two days of them not being cleaned or loo paper replenished we had to complain.

the hostel is situated in quiet location, but very close to all popular spots. Can be more clean. The stuff is not nice at all, girls just hate everybody who is there.

we stayed in the building next to uus 26. even though there are 2 shower cabins, 1 person at a time is using them which makes shower queues very long in the mornings. some solution to that would be very nice.

Most staff were very pleasant and helpful. WiFi intermittent in bedroom, but great in kitchen & lounge. Surprised there was a dishwasher - would have been a bonus except that it was broken. So dishes piled up - sometimes clean, but not dried and put away. Tea towels not always available for those of us happy to clean their own dishes. So with limited space being taken up by dishes, it made things very difficult when preparing food. Otherwise, kitchen facilities good. Would happily return.

The single room is in another building, a guesthouse. Very quiet. Small mishap on payment (they charged me more than what I was told after reservation) but I promptly got a refund without any problem when I told the receptionist at checkout. Things to be aware of: - The sun shines in the room very early and there is no curtains/shutters. Bring a sleep mask. - The provided towel is tiny. - In that guesthouse, there is one toilet and one shower room. - Room smells bad. No air circulation

Excellent location, nice staff, good price, and all in wood !!

Staff was very friendly and helpful. I hope to stay there again in the future. Elton D. Peterson

This hostel was amazing, was only there for one night but I felt so at home there I wish I had stayed longer!

• 23rd Apr 2014

Very nice hostel, perfect location and atmosphere inside is very cool. The only thing I had a problem with were the invoices: my accountant had to contact the administration several times for proper invoice form.

The hostel was nice and double room really cozy and big enough. I got a bit scared of the coldness in the room at the beginning, but the heater in the room was luckily really effective. The staff was mostly fine nice but some of them a bit morose. One of the staff was really nice though and recommended us really good places to visit. The hostel is not that much fun but really good for it´s price. Sometimes the bathrooms were a bit dirty. The location was great! Breakfast is not worth paying it.

The hostel is worth its name: The OldHouse Hostel. Beautiful old house, polite staff and clean. On thing that could be better (I was on a business trip) is that the invoice issuing could be less problematic. Otherwise, all is excellent.

poor wi-fi