OldHouse Hostel Reviews

Uus Street 26, Tallinn, Estonia

This place is okay. There is a kitchen and lounge and the staff are reasonably helpful. Location is pretty good and easy to find. When I stayed the rest of the guests were older men who were living there semi permanently and it was a bit odd. Also, possibly the narrowest bed I have ever slept in. Would probably be better if you were staying in a group.

Great location and interior design. However, please do something about that strange garlic & sewage smell in the bathrooms! Besides, the room was cold, even though the blankets are very warm and beds very comfortable.

The room was really nice and quiet but in the corridor there is a bad smell from toilet... Otherwise the bathroom is not very good: toilet, sink and shower in a small room without à real spacieux to leave your stuff... Staff is not so good for advice...

• 1st Oct 2014

Amazing place. What I most enjoyed was the people I met in there. Incredible people. The place is right in the old town. I just thought the bed was a little bit small for me. But I could handle it anyway.

One of the best hostels I've seen! Located in an nice old building, just in the city centre, calm and quiet - so perfect if you want to rest a bit. Very clean and beautifully decorated, I've really enjoyed my stay there. Only some of the staff could smile a bit more, but I would still definitely come back to the hostel next time I visit Tallin!

No common room, but everything else was okay

A quiet, clean and a very nice place.

Very nice place awesomely well localized, worth the money ! Furnished kitchen, safes available, funny old style atmosphere. They allow you to leave your bags all day long after check out but they are rigorously strict about leaving the hostel at noon 12:00 and not 12:10 (too bad for the lunch...). Bad points : Shower is too small, quickly dirty and flooded. The room we got is easily reachable from the street (and we have seen a few people climbing on the fire stair until they saw us...).

The staff at the Old House Hostel were soooo helpful to us! They gave us their own personal recommendations of cheap, affordable restaurants where the locals go (and even showed us where to find late-night groceries). We stayed in a 4-person room in a separate guest house, which didn't have a person manning the front desk 24 hours, but we felt safe enough. The hostel is located on a quiet street, so we slept well. The decor is antique/dated (depending on your view) but the place is very clean.

I'd made a mistake with my booking, but staff ensured there were no disruptions, and the whole place was spotlessly clean. I was quite concerned that anybody could have walked in and gone to any room however, as I was able to walk freely in and out without keys, or any kind of ID, for example, and I was given very little orientation information. That said, it was a great location, and very comfortable.

need to add "fans" to each room in the summer.

• 15th Jul 2014

Room 6 in the guesthouse was very nicely furbished and recently renovated. Unfortunately the curtain was broken and not yet fixed what is quite disturbing if dark night is only from 23.30h-03.00h. In the Guesthouse, the toilet is really VERY TINY but clean, the shower is also clean and very old fashioned. Free wifi. Well equiped kitchen in the guesthouse and nice breakfast for 4€ in the "main house".

• 28th Jun 2014