Ole' Barcelona Reviews

Carrer de Sardenya 302, Barcelona, Spain

We booked 3 beds in a 4 bed dorm. We arrived a bit earlier but we could pay and get the keys straight away. The room was small and had a tiny window to the hall but we aren't very picky. We had some issues with the bunk beds as some of the wooden planks which were meant to keep the mattress in place kept falling of. Most of the staff were nice but when my friend had to finish writing her report for uni, a member of staff did not let her stay in the common area after 11.30pm.

• 22nd Jan 2015
  • Lithuania

I liked my stay at the ole hostel! Very nice people there! Only there were only few toilets for many people and at the shower warm water ended really fast.

The stuff it's very friendly and always helping!! The rooms aren't amazing but the price is very very cheap for Barcelona. It's a good place to stay, close to everything!

No elevator, the lights in the room didn't have any bulb. No towers and toilet paper.

• 15th Jan 2015
  • Spain

The washrooms could have been much cleaner and the hostel staff could have been a little bit nicer.

no heating servises

• 26th Dec 2014
  • Greece

Guys! I loved here. Location was so good! Definitely, You can stay here. Staff was very nice . It is so cheap. I live in Poland. I forgot my jacket at hostel. They helped me too much ! The best one for Barcelona !

We stay there for two nights. . Hostel is very close to la sagrada familia . Location is good . But there were lots of problem in hostel . The room wasn't clean. The bathroom was terrible.

The location and staff are excellent. We were in a group of four and they manage to we stayed just us the bedroom, even though we had booked beds in a 6 beds dorms. The bedroom were clean and shower was hot and with reasonably good pressure, although the shower drain was not working properly in any of the two bathrooms in our floor. The fridge was completely full and maybe was not work properly for that, they might need to get another fridge to comply with all guests.

This is a really good value hostel for price sensitive travellers. The facilities are acceptable apart from the hallway from the street which is dirty. I would recommend the 10 bed rather than the 4 bed which faces a very noisy street. All the staff were really helpful and friendly.

The hostel was in a good position for sagrada familia and metro stops. The hostel itself was good but the people it attracted were not, pretty sure there were a few homeless people who did not shower, therefore making the whole hostel smell of body odour. We were glad to leave.

recommended

We were there we were moved to a 4-bed room when we added nights to our stay, unfortunately it had bed bugs. As soon as we found them (in the walls not the bunks) the staff closed off the room, called the fumigation compan, took all our stuff and did a super hot wash, put our backpacks in black garbage bags and put them on the hot sun, and refunded our money. Then they put us in another room and all was taken care of. I can't say enough good things about the staff, they really were amazing!

When I read the reviews I was a little wary, though once I got there it was quite welcoming! There are lockers to put your stuff in and also the staff have lockers behind reception to store your valuables. I booked for 3 nights but we ended up staying for 10! The staff were mostly friendly and willing to accommodate us in any way we needed, and it was clean! We didn't stay for more than 5 euros a night though it meant switching rooms from a 10-bed dorm to a 4-bed. All in all it was good!

It's quite far from city attractions, so you will have to take metro to get anywhere. Sometimes it was difficult to sleep because of the noise, so you better take ear plugs. The staff was nice and competent, except one guy that I only talked on the phone - it was a disaster, I hardly could communicate with him. We only stayed there 3 nights and it generall it was ok, but I will look for something else the next time.

• 22nd Sep 2014
  • Poland

BEST HOSTEL IN BARCELONA ! EMPLOYEES ARE VERY SWEET

• 7th Sep 2014
  • Belgium

This is not a hostel; is a very old flat with rooms, really creepy rooms. I saw a few cockroaches. It seems dirty. --------------------------------------------------------- Esto no es un hostel; es un piso viejo y espeluznante. Vaya publicidad engañosa. Vi unas cuantas cucarachas que alquilar habitación por lo visto.

• 28th Aug 2014
  • Spain

Very small and old hostel but for 10€ per night it was okay. Right in front of the sagrada familia but quite far from the other beautiful places and nice city districts. It's really noisy at night because it's on a very busy street and the beds were really uncomfortable. Never seen such thin matresses. Good that we just stayed two nights. Was alright but wouldn't stay there again.

Staff was very nice and helpful (the exception is only the guy who was there early in the morning). The room and beds are not the most confortable, the kitchen is good and have everything you need, the price is fair. Being so close to La Sagrada Familia is wonderful! I believe I will look for another hostel next time but it was nice stay here too.

Booked and wasn't told that the room had NO windows!!!

View all Barcelona Bed and Breakfasts