Ole' Barcelona Reviews

Carrer de Sardenya 302, Barcelona, Spain

My bed had flees so I could not sleep. In the morning I saw 2 people with red dots who did not know what happened to them at night. One of them went to the doctor. The stuff though was excellent. Very friendly and helpful. I do not recommend to stay.

The guys in the reception very kind and helpful but the hostel is not good.

location was good but it was very loud and just one bathroom (with the toilet in the same room) on the whole floor.

Rooms and bathroom were really dirty every day, the toilet and shower didn't work regularly. Furthermore there was just one bathroom for the whole floorThe beds were dirty too and really uncomfortable, you could feel every piece of wood underneath your back. In the whole building it smelled like mould because of a flat where a water pipe exploded. The staff was really unfriendly and some of them even aggressive. When we asked them for something they didn't do it, so we had to ask several times.

• 11th Aug 2015

The Staff-Team at Ole' Barcelona is super friendly and helped me a lot!! I only stayed for a night but they let me store my heavy backpack for two other days in their storageroom. I can definately recommend staying there! Thank you so much for all the help!

It is just an old and dirty apartment that has been opened and is being sold as a hostel. It shouldn't be considered as a hostel. The bathroom is for just 1 person, like in a normal house, so all the guests in the hostels have to queue. They don't take care of anything. Everything has been too used and it is worn out. There aren't lookers, just some dirty small boxes, not for even an small purse. They take 5€ deposit for the key but you can't pay it by card, they make u to go out to get cash

The staff was really really unpolite (speacially the guy at night, very rude). My friend got locked outside the room in the middle of the night and he refused to open the door for her or lending her a key for some minutes. The common areas were quite not so clean and the room was also bad. You can feel the platform of the bed when you´re sleeping, i would definetly never recommend this hostel

The worst feature of Ole is cleanliness: dust was everywhere, on the floor and hanging from fans. The shower tray was dirty, and so was the whole bathroom. Hostel staff often showed disorganization and they changed our room without giving us any comunication (they forgot to tell us that on monday some dorms are on disinfestations). One of the two fridges smells nastily beacause of food stored inside. The whole building is dirty above average and without lift.

• 28th Jul 2015

The shower and toilet were not really clean! No locks on the dorm room. There was not really a cosy atmosphere.But the staff was nice.

The hostel security is the worst! I stored my luggage in the hostel's storage room after i checked out, i came back later that evening rang the bell and no one respond from the inside and someone from outside opened the door for us. When we get upstairs the reception floor was empty, the storage room was open, since i was in hurry i left the hostel and later on i realized my laptop was gone. I contacted the hostel they did not give me an explanation on how the hostel could be left empty!!

• 23rd Jul 2015
  • Indonesia

Dirt and rude staff

Very hot, poor ventilation in rooms

• 22nd Jul 2015

Fans should be replaced by an AC as they were of little use/ineffective. Mattresses need ti be thicker.

This hostel is literally a stones throw away from the Sagrada Familia. It's a little hard to find because there's no sign but it's actually in a really good location off of a couple major streets. No AC but there's a huge bathroom you sometimes have to wait for. Met some very cool people here. Less than an hour walking distance to the beach and a little over an hour to Montjuic. Very close to a metro if walking all day isn't your thing. I would stay here again!

• 22nd Jul 2015

Warning Warning, disgusting, a manager from Brazil its stupid, like an idiot, they putting 8 people in 4 bed room.... and then people without a sleep... in the morning then close they at 11 am, showers...

This hostel was not clean. There was a cockroach in the hallway when we arrived, and none of the shower/bathroom facilities were clean. The fans provided in the dorms were not efficient at cooling the rooms, making for a pretty uncomfortable stay. The building is probably old, but a lot more could and should be done to keep the place clean!!

Nice and friendly staff!!

• 15th Jul 2015

At first it was a little rocky getting into the hostel. There was no side and I was taking a taxi from the airport at like 1am in the morning. It was a little scary walking aroudn until I finally realized the address was the hostel. But for real, there was NO sign. And then after getting there, the man working there just kinda threw my stuff around and tossed stuff on the bed and then quickly went back to the reception to work again. Sangria night the last night was so fun though

• 13th Jul 2015

At the first time when we arrived to the ole.the door bell was like a "ol" and the "e" letter of "ole" was removed.i truly need tl say i was little scared.until i entered the reception and saw monica.such a beautiful girl with a great smile.she accepted us warmly and told everything about their hostel.she gave us clean blanket,sheet,pillow and showed us our room and she helped a lot to find our way with her directions.hostel is near to sagrada familia(very popular and touristic place)and metro.

• 11th Jul 2015
  • Turkey
  • All Male Group, 18-24

If you look for a value for money place to stay, its an ideal place. Very close to Sagrada Familia, metro station and therefore great ease of access to other attractions in the city. The biggest drawback is cleaniness of bathrooms and the noise from street, especially at night. Overall, a good place to stay.

• 9th Jul 2015