Ole' Barcelona Reviews

Carrer de Sardenya 302, Barcelona, Spain

It's quite far from city attractions, so you will have to take metro to get anywhere. Sometimes it was difficult to sleep because of the noise, so you better take ear plugs. The staff was nice and competent, except one guy that I only talked on the phone - it was a disaster, I hardly could communicate with him. We only stayed there 3 nights and it generall it was ok, but I will look for something else the next time.

• 22nd Sep 2014
  • Poland

BEST HOSTEL IN BARCELONA ! EMPLOYEES ARE VERY SWEET

• 7th Sep 2014
  • Belgium

This is not a hostel; is a very old flat with rooms, really creepy rooms. I saw a few cockroaches. It seems dirty. --------------------------------------------------------- Esto no es un hostel; es un piso viejo y espeluznante. Vaya publicidad engañosa. Vi unas cuantas cucarachas que alquilar habitación por lo visto.

• 28th Aug 2014
  • Spain

Very small and old hostel but for 10€ per night it was okay. Right in front of the sagrada familia but quite far from the other beautiful places and nice city districts. It's really noisy at night because it's on a very busy street and the beds were really uncomfortable. Never seen such thin matresses. Good that we just stayed two nights. Was alright but wouldn't stay there again.

Staff was very nice and helpful (the exception is only the guy who was there early in the morning). The room and beds are not the most confortable, the kitchen is good and have everything you need, the price is fair. Being so close to La Sagrada Familia is wonderful! I believe I will look for another hostel next time but it was nice stay here too.

Booked and wasn't told that the room had NO windows!!!

Down to earth, nice staff.

• 3rd Aug 2014
  • Denmark

Fantastic stay in Ole Barcelona for 6 nights, really can't recommend it enough. More than what I expected for the low cost in what is a very expensive city. Ideal location next to la Sagrada familia and a 2 minute walk to the metro station which can get you anywhere in Barcelona at the cost of 1euro per journey. Room was what we expected and in good, even got the balcony I asked for so we could see Sagrada and Mt Tibidabo. Kitchen facilities were very good, really can't recommend enough.

• 30th Jul 2014

This hostel was ok though we had a room without window and so without any fresh air! The kitchen closes a bit early I think.

Reception is on the same floor as some of the dorms. The night shift employee was super loud at around 3 a.m. waking my entire room up when he was checking in a few girls. I told the staff member that he was sort of loud and asked him politely to please be a little quieter. He said he no. Also the showers/bathrooms were discussing and the rooms were hot as hell. We left early and went to another hostel.

• 28th Jul 2014

The hostel really isn't clean at all but it has everything needed really, we stayed as a quick stop for one night and it was ideal for that length of stay. Wouldn't consider returning for more than that.

The room had no window and just a fan. It was 45 degrees in the morning so hardly no sleep. For that it was pretty cheap and central.

The staff is amazing! They are very kind and attentive, just them make it worth to stay in this hostel!

The stay was very nice, people from hostel are very recepitive, however I had a little problem with bedbugs, and had lots of bites all over my body. That wasn't nice.

terrible stay! there are fleas in beds!!

Bed was very very uncomfortable....And very hard to find...

They were great. Stayed there for a night, and they were really flexible and helpful in everything that I could have asked. For me a hostel is all about how good they are to their clients, and this place went beyond what was necessary. Thanks!

Staff is very helpful, good location, all the basic is provided. Much more could be done with the quality of bathrooms (our shower didnt have sprayer), add hooks in the wall etc. People were quiet travellers (it wasnt noisy in the nights excpet streetnoise). Good value for the money paid.

Hostel very hard to find - look out for a little sticker on a buzzer that says "ole". Beds very uncomfortable. WIFI good when it worked. Good location, minutes from Sagrada Familia. You get what you pay for.

The 10 beds room and bath are TERRIBLE