Ole' Barcelona Reviews

Carrer de Sardenya 302, Barcelona, Spain

Pros: clean room for cheap, staff is nice, fast wifi in rooms. Cons: weird sewery smell in stairwells (didn't reach my room); only one toilet bathroom per floor (it was in use literally every time i wanted it); you can hear conversations from rooms down the hall; the power randomly went off for a bit; someone decided to do laundry at 1 am, which caused loud screeching noises throughout the floor; and the communal areas aren't very comfortable. But its cheap so if you can deal, its worth it.

Wifi didn't work with neither my Android phone nor tablet on the top floor room despite there being a wifi-router outside. A guy next to me with an iPhone had connectivity but he said the connection was a bit slow.

This place is super dirty . The beds are not confortable, the room has lot of light the doors are broken.

• 11th Apr 2015
  • Spain

When you came in the hostel was specific smell. Bathrooms were dirty. Beds are uncomfortable, but it's ok staying for night or two.

• 9th Apr 2015
  • Slovenia

room and bathrooms were fine and clean, nice staff, great location

It loses at cleanliness, but staff were really helpful and nice

Great hostel, friendly and helpful staff, nicely located right next to the Sagrada Familia and the Metro, short route to the center and the railway station and, biggest plus of all, it was clean! I traveled with my 11 year old son and stayed in a private room for a very good price. Thanks for the stay guys, we both loved it!

• 4th Apr 2015

Decent room and nice bathrooms. Good kitchen but no oven to use. The first guy we came across was quite rude to us and made us feel like an inconvenience rather than guests because we asked to drop off our bags early a few hours before check in. MOST OF ALL the entrance and stairway of the hostel smelled like a sewer. As if there was an open drain somewhere. The issue might get solved but it didn't improve at all over the 2 nights we were there. Luckily the smell didn't reach the room or kitchen

We stayed in double bed room and really enjoyed our time. Of course, there we some things that we could be picky about (like no bulbs in lamps or no heating) but generally - for this price we can totally recommend you this place. Staff was very nice, you have kitchen to your disposition, hostel is located in old - really cool building. Just under the hostel you have cafes were you can eat breakfast or drink a cup od coffe. And of course - localisation just near to the Sangrada Familia! :)

• 10th Mar 2015
  • Poland

Good but noisy, especially if in the room next to the kitchen/reception area. The mattresses are really cheap, would be good to upgrade to something sturdier as otherwise prone to giving you back ache. But nice staff, good location and cheap, so ideal if on a budget and looking to meet new people.

we spent there 5 nights... its perfect located... worth it for the price! i can recommend the double bed private in the 4th floor, its pretty quite (although its located next to a main street) because its far away from the noisy kitchen. clean, facilities okay, only one toilet and two showers on every floor... thats too less.

Staff were super nice and accommodating. Perfect central location. Rooms were on the chilly side, albeit I went in the winter. Better than most hostels for the price.

• 1st Feb 2015

We booked 3 beds in a 4 bed dorm. We arrived a bit earlier but we could pay and get the keys straight away. The room was small and had a tiny window to the hall but we aren't very picky. We had some issues with the bunk beds as some of the wooden planks which were meant to keep the mattress in place kept falling of. Most of the staff were nice but when my friend had to finish writing her report for uni, a member of staff did not let her stay in the common area after 11.30pm.

• 22nd Jan 2015
  • Lithuania

I liked my stay at the ole hostel! Very nice people there! Only there were only few toilets for many people and at the shower warm water ended really fast.

We are glad you enjoyed your stay at our hostel. We hope to see you soon again at Ole Barcelona Hostel.

The stuff it's very friendly and always helping!! The rooms aren't amazing but the price is very very cheap for Barcelona. It's a good place to stay, close to everything!

No elevator, the lights in the room didn't have any bulb. No towers and toilet paper.

• 15th Jan 2015
  • Spain

The washrooms could have been much cleaner and the hostel staff could have been a little bit nicer.

no heating servises

• 26th Dec 2014
  • Greece

İf you will stay short time and if you want save money, you can stay there. Staffs are so helpful and if you can find ring, its location is so good. :))

Guys! I loved here. Location was so good! Definitely, You can stay here. Staff was very nice . It is so cheap. I live in Poland. I forgot my jacket at hostel. They helped me too much ! The best one for Barcelona !

View all Barcelona Bed and Breakfasts