Ole Barcelona Reviews

Carrer de Sardenya 302, Barcelona, Spain

I arrived and they had no record of my booking. I had 3 forms of proof: a hard copy of my confirmation, email on my smart phone and also the booking showing on my Hostelworld app. I had booked a single private but they had given my room to someone else and the other rooms were full, so I was left stranded. I don't mean to whine but I was travelling alone for the first time so this was pretty awful for me.

I stayed just for one night and it was ok. The room and the bathroom were clean, though only one bathroom per floor may be a little bit of a problem sometimes. The stuff was nice and helpful. A little disadvantage is that there is no common space to chillout.

Really good hostel for the cheap price, very well located near to Sagrada familia. The staff is lovely. It's a small hostel so there isn't a huge space to chill (only a kitchen near to reception) or a lot of bathrooms, but for the price and the location it's perfect for a short stay! I recommend!

Inside the hostel it is a little noisy, you can hear absolutely everything, the kitchen is quite nice but please renew the water heater :)

Good value for your money !

• 4th Jan 2016
  • Finland

The room is near the street which is extremely noisy during night. A little bit cold.

The kitchen was in good condition and the bedrooms were kept clean. The biggest problem for me was the bathroom for each floor you had one bathroom with one shower and one toilet. The communal space wasn't inviting so I only stayed in there to use wifi. For me, it was a place to sleep.

The hostel was fine, cheap and in a good location. The Swedish girl is nice :) we only stayed for one night so we didn't do much there, we went out and came home steaming druk so its's a good place if you don't want to look at the walls etc etc.

My only expectation from this place was to be able to sleep, and I couldn't. The chinks around the door of my "single private room" were so huge, that I could here every bump of a door, every flushing in the toilet, and every word of the drunk people, who were shouting and fighting in the corridor all the night long.

• 25th Sep 2015
  • Russia

The foam matress is almost 10 cm thick on bed slats with large space between. I could not sleep at all. I had to sleep on the floor instead. I have been to many cheaper hostals before and the matresses were so much better. The bathroom was ok, the employee are very nice. Also another thing, few rooms have windows above the door so whenever someone come late and switch on the light and forget to switch it off, you can be sure to have your room lit as well for the whole night.

• 18th Sep 2015

the guys who work there are really nice and friendly!

• 16th Sep 2015

All in I was happy. I stay the much. just for and showers. My room have been though, it was there, and no windows to air it out.

• 8th Sep 2015
  • Norway

Hostel was dirty but it's not staff's fault,they clean it regularly,pillows and mattresses were toxic they should burn all of them,we got bitten by bugs.We changed rooms a lot because of alterations,our 1st room was windowless,2nd room had a window but was extreamly tiny,last room had both window and space but no lock on the door.Beds’re really uncomfortable,i felt all the beams below the mattress.Staff was really friendly,ready to help or just hold a conversation and that's the only good thing.

• 1st Sep 2015
  • Turkey

My bed had flees so I could not sleep. In the morning I saw 2 people with red dots who did not know what happened to them at night. One of them went to the doctor. The stuff though was excellent. Very friendly and helpful. I do not recommend to stay.

The guys in the reception very kind and helpful but the hostel is not good.

location was good but it was very loud and just one bathroom (with the toilet in the same room) on the whole floor.

Rooms and bathroom were really dirty every day, the toilet and shower didn't work regularly. Furthermore there was just one bathroom for the whole floorThe beds were dirty too and really uncomfortable, you could feel every piece of wood underneath your back. In the whole building it smelled like mould because of a flat where a water pipe exploded. The staff was really unfriendly and some of them even aggressive. When we asked them for something they didn't do it, so we had to ask several times.

• 11th Aug 2015