Ole' Barcelona Reviews

Carrer de Sardenya 302, Barcelona, Spain

This is a really good value hostel for price sensitive travellers. The facilities are acceptable apart from the hallway from the street which is dirty. I would recommend the 10 bed rather than the 4 bed which faces a very noisy street. All the staff were really helpful and friendly.

The hostel was in a good position for sagrada familia and metro stops. The hostel itself was good but the people it attracted were not, pretty sure there were a few homeless people who did not shower, therefore making the whole hostel smell of body odour. We were glad to leave.

recommended

We were there we were moved to a 4-bed room when we added nights to our stay, unfortunately it had bed bugs. As soon as we found them (in the walls not the bunks) the staff closed off the room, called the fumigation compan, took all our stuff and did a super hot wash, put our backpacks in black garbage bags and put them on the hot sun, and refunded our money. Then they put us in another room and all was taken care of. I can't say enough good things about the staff, they really were amazing!

When I read the reviews I was a little wary, though once I got there it was quite welcoming! There are lockers to put your stuff in and also the staff have lockers behind reception to store your valuables. I booked for 3 nights but we ended up staying for 10! The staff were mostly friendly and willing to accommodate us in any way we needed, and it was clean! We didn't stay for more than 5 euros a night though it meant switching rooms from a 10-bed dorm to a 4-bed. All in all it was good!

It's quite far from city attractions, so you will have to take metro to get anywhere. Sometimes it was difficult to sleep because of the noise, so you better take ear plugs. The staff was nice and competent, except one guy that I only talked on the phone - it was a disaster, I hardly could communicate with him. We only stayed there 3 nights and it generall it was ok, but I will look for something else the next time.

• 22nd Sep 2014
  • Poland

BEST HOSTEL IN BARCELONA ! EMPLOYEES ARE VERY SWEET

• 7th Sep 2014
  • Belgium

This is not a hostel; is a very old flat with rooms, really creepy rooms. I saw a few cockroaches. It seems dirty. --------------------------------------------------------- Esto no es un hostel; es un piso viejo y espeluznante. Vaya publicidad engañosa. Vi unas cuantas cucarachas que alquilar habitación por lo visto.

• 28th Aug 2014
  • Spain

Very small and old hostel but for 10€ per night it was okay. Right in front of the sagrada familia but quite far from the other beautiful places and nice city districts. It's really noisy at night because it's on a very busy street and the beds were really uncomfortable. Never seen such thin matresses. Good that we just stayed two nights. Was alright but wouldn't stay there again.

Staff was very nice and helpful (the exception is only the guy who was there early in the morning). The room and beds are not the most confortable, the kitchen is good and have everything you need, the price is fair. Being so close to La Sagrada Familia is wonderful! I believe I will look for another hostel next time but it was nice stay here too.

Booked and wasn't told that the room had NO windows!!!

Down to earth, nice staff.

• 3rd Aug 2014
  • Denmark

Fantastic stay in Ole Barcelona for 6 nights, really can't recommend it enough. More than what I expected for the low cost in what is a very expensive city. Ideal location next to la Sagrada familia and a 2 minute walk to the metro station which can get you anywhere in Barcelona at the cost of 1euro per journey. Room was what we expected and in good, even got the balcony I asked for so we could see Sagrada and Mt Tibidabo. Kitchen facilities were very good, really can't recommend enough.

• 30th Jul 2014

This hostel was ok though we had a room without window and so without any fresh air! The kitchen closes a bit early I think.

Reception is on the same floor as some of the dorms. The night shift employee was super loud at around 3 a.m. waking my entire room up when he was checking in a few girls. I told the staff member that he was sort of loud and asked him politely to please be a little quieter. He said he no. Also the showers/bathrooms were discussing and the rooms were hot as hell. We left early and went to another hostel.

• 28th Jul 2014

The hostel really isn't clean at all but it has everything needed really, we stayed as a quick stop for one night and it was ideal for that length of stay. Wouldn't consider returning for more than that.

The room had no window and just a fan. It was 45 degrees in the morning so hardly no sleep. For that it was pretty cheap and central.

The staff is amazing! They are very kind and attentive, just them make it worth to stay in this hostel!

The stay was very nice, people from hostel are very recepitive, however I had a little problem with bedbugs, and had lots of bites all over my body. That wasn't nice.

terrible stay! there are fleas in beds!!

View all Barcelona Bed and Breakfasts