Ole' Barcelona Reviews

Carrer de Sardenya 302, Barcelona, Spain

Booked and wasn't told that the room had NO windows!!!

Down to earth, nice staff.

• 3rd Aug 2014
  • Denmark

Fantastic stay in Ole Barcelona for 6 nights, really can't recommend it enough. More than what I expected for the low cost in what is a very expensive city. Ideal location next to la Sagrada familia and a 2 minute walk to the metro station which can get you anywhere in Barcelona at the cost of 1euro per journey. Room was what we expected and in good, even got the balcony I asked for so we could see Sagrada and Mt Tibidabo. Kitchen facilities were very good, really can't recommend enough.

• 30th Jul 2014

This hostel was ok though we had a room without window and so without any fresh air! The kitchen closes a bit early I think.

Reception is on the same floor as some of the dorms. The night shift employee was super loud at around 3 a.m. waking my entire room up when he was checking in a few girls. I told the staff member that he was sort of loud and asked him politely to please be a little quieter. He said he no. Also the showers/bathrooms were discussing and the rooms were hot as hell. We left early and went to another hostel.

• 28th Jul 2014

The hostel really isn't clean at all but it has everything needed really, we stayed as a quick stop for one night and it was ideal for that length of stay. Wouldn't consider returning for more than that.

The room had no window and just a fan. It was 45 degrees in the morning so hardly no sleep. For that it was pretty cheap and central.

The staff is amazing! They are very kind and attentive, just them make it worth to stay in this hostel!

The stay was very nice, people from hostel are very recepitive, however I had a little problem with bedbugs, and had lots of bites all over my body. That wasn't nice.

• 3rd Jul 2014

terrible stay! there are fleas in beds!!

Bed was very very uncomfortable....And very hard to find...

They were great. Stayed there for a night, and they were really flexible and helpful in everything that I could have asked. For me a hostel is all about how good they are to their clients, and this place went beyond what was necessary. Thanks!

Staff is very helpful, good location, all the basic is provided. Much more could be done with the quality of bathrooms (our shower didnt have sprayer), add hooks in the wall etc. People were quiet travellers (it wasnt noisy in the nights excpet streetnoise). Good value for the money paid.

Hostel very hard to find - look out for a little sticker on a buzzer that says "ole". Beds very uncomfortable. WIFI good when it worked. Good location, minutes from Sagrada Familia. You get what you pay for.

The 10 beds room and bath are TERRIBLE

The hostel was very good, really good location. The look out of the window wasn´t the best (look at inner floor). Showers on the floors takes getting used to for german conditions. ther could be a chair or some hooks for clothing in the rooms. The look out of the restroom was the best I ever had in this kind of rooms (directly to Sacrada Familia ;) ) We really enjoyed our time at the hostel.

• 5th Jun 2014

They put me on the sixth floor, all and odyssey to get on the room when i was drunk

It is good place with frendly 24/7 staff nearly Sagrada Familia. Cleaning team working every day, sometimes at night, it is not very good. It is located in 6 floors building beetween second and six floors. There were a number kitchen's tools on the kitchen for preparing food and also free tea, coffee, seasoning, olive oil and etc. So you can to get enough inexpensive hostel in comparison with another similare places.

The staff was nice and helpful, but the location is not that good if you want to spend a lot of time in the centre or the beach. It is close to Sagrada Familia and metro station which is good, but it takes some time to go to the centre. The facilities were ok, bed's were a bit uncomfortable. There was a lovely balcony in the room and the temperature in the room was good. You could make your own meals/breakfast in the kitchen.

• 15th May 2014
  • Finland

The location pretty good. You can go anywhere you want with metro. It was quite clean. I changed 3 rooms in there because the hostel was full. in my second night I was in the 10 mixed room and my bed not comfortable there was one piece missing under the bed and there wasn't enough plug in that room. I don't have anything else to complain. I suggest you to stay in 6 bed dorm. That was quite good.

View all Barcelona Bed and Breakfasts