Ole' Barcelona Reviews

Carrer de Sardenya 302, Barcelona, Spain

We stayed in double bed room and really enjoyed our time. Of course, there we some things that we could be picky about (like no bulbs in lamps or no heating) but generally - for this price we can totally recommend you this place. Staff was very nice, you have kitchen to your disposition, hostel is located in old - really cool building. Just under the hostel you have cafes were you can eat breakfast or drink a cup od coffe. And of course - localisation just near to the Sangrada Familia! :)

• 10th Mar 2015
  • Poland

Good but noisy, especially if in the room next to the kitchen/reception area. The mattresses are really cheap, would be good to upgrade to something sturdier as otherwise prone to giving you back ache. But nice staff, good location and cheap, so ideal if on a budget and looking to meet new people.

we spent there 5 nights... its perfect located... worth it for the price! i can recommend the double bed private in the 4th floor, its pretty quite (although its located next to a main street) because its far away from the noisy kitchen. clean, facilities okay, only one toilet and two showers on every floor... thats too less.

Staff were super nice and accommodating. Perfect central location. Rooms were on the chilly side, albeit I went in the winter. Better than most hostels for the price.

• 1st Feb 2015

We booked 3 beds in a 4 bed dorm. We arrived a bit earlier but we could pay and get the keys straight away. The room was small and had a tiny window to the hall but we aren't very picky. We had some issues with the bunk beds as some of the wooden planks which were meant to keep the mattress in place kept falling of. Most of the staff were nice but when my friend had to finish writing her report for uni, a member of staff did not let her stay in the common area after 11.30pm.

• 22nd Jan 2015
  • Lithuania

I liked my stay at the ole hostel! Very nice people there! Only there were only few toilets for many people and at the shower warm water ended really fast.

We are glad you enjoyed your stay at our hostel. We hope to see you soon again at Ole Barcelona Hostel.

The stuff it's very friendly and always helping!! The rooms aren't amazing but the price is very very cheap for Barcelona. It's a good place to stay, close to everything!

No elevator, the lights in the room didn't have any bulb. No towers and toilet paper.

• 15th Jan 2015
  • Spain

The washrooms could have been much cleaner and the hostel staff could have been a little bit nicer.

no heating servises

• 26th Dec 2014
  • Greece

İf you will stay short time and if you want save money, you can stay there. Staffs are so helpful and if you can find ring, its location is so good. :))

Guys! I loved here. Location was so good! Definitely, You can stay here. Staff was very nice . It is so cheap. I live in Poland. I forgot my jacket at hostel. They helped me too much ! The best one for Barcelona !

We stay there for two nights. . Hostel is very close to la sagrada familia . Location is good . But there were lots of problem in hostel . The room wasn't clean. The bathroom was terrible.

The location and staff are excellent. We were in a group of four and they manage to we stayed just us the bedroom, even though we had booked beds in a 6 beds dorms. The bedroom were clean and shower was hot and with reasonably good pressure, although the shower drain was not working properly in any of the two bathrooms in our floor. The fridge was completely full and maybe was not work properly for that, they might need to get another fridge to comply with all guests.

This is a really good value hostel for price sensitive travellers. The facilities are acceptable apart from the hallway from the street which is dirty. I would recommend the 10 bed rather than the 4 bed which faces a very noisy street. All the staff were really helpful and friendly.

The hostel was in a good position for sagrada familia and metro stops. The hostel itself was good but the people it attracted were not, pretty sure there were a few homeless people who did not shower, therefore making the whole hostel smell of body odour. We were glad to leave.

recommended

We were there we were moved to a 4-bed room when we added nights to our stay, unfortunately it had bed bugs. As soon as we found them (in the walls not the bunks) the staff closed off the room, called the fumigation compan, took all our stuff and did a super hot wash, put our backpacks in black garbage bags and put them on the hot sun, and refunded our money. Then they put us in another room and all was taken care of. I can't say enough good things about the staff, they really were amazing!

When I read the reviews I was a little wary, though once I got there it was quite welcoming! There are lockers to put your stuff in and also the staff have lockers behind reception to store your valuables. I booked for 3 nights but we ended up staying for 10! The staff were mostly friendly and willing to accommodate us in any way we needed, and it was clean! We didn't stay for more than 5 euros a night though it meant switching rooms from a 10-bed dorm to a 4-bed. All in all it was good!

View all Barcelona Bed and Breakfasts