7.4
Very Good 367 Total Reviews
7.4
Very Good 367 Total Reviews
Oleander Hostel Located at Szep u. 5, , Budapest.
Hungary
Budapest 1053 Szep u. 5
74% 367
47.4928016 19.0576851
    Rooms available

• Australia, Male, 18-24
5.4

Apart from the security, I didn't see a great positive to this place. Everything was filthy, looked the bathroom hadn't been cleaned in months, bed was uncomfortable and was overpriced for the service I received.

• leighmartin2491
  • England, Female, 18-24
  • Globetrotter
5.4

Although I met some great people here and the staff were really helpful, this hostel is honestly one of the most disgusting places I have ever stayed. I didn't see it be cleaned the whole 5 days I was there. The bathroom was horrendous and the shower often floods. In spite of this I did have fun here but that was completely down to the people staying there at the time

• Sri Lanka, Male, 18-24
5.4

Close to Astoria Metro Station. Good place for the money. Reception is okay but not good. Not satisfied with the cleaniless. Had a bathroom and a toilet for around 12 people. My friend got a broken bed. So unsatisfied with the facilities and less space in a room. Recommend for a person who need a place to stay close to city for a cheap price. Not for someone who is looking for comfort..

• Australia, All Male Group, 18-24
  • Globetrotter
14th Aug 2016
6.0

There was construction going on in the complex. Impossible to sleep the time wanted. Shower wasnt that clean. Quite time was meant to be 10 but they kept blasting the bt speaker for another few hours. Bit annoying when you have a flight at 3am. Would go else where next time

• New Zealand, Male, 31-40
12th Aug 2016

The place is small but as most facilities. There is only 1 shower for 22 guests though. Between 6pm and 8am there is no staff around so it can be noisy until well past midnight.

• Australia, Male, 18-24
9th Aug 2016

Overall good atmosphere and locale but... I arrived a bit late and was locked out, I was a bit late and was left notes to call, not being able to get in or call I was stuck. Luckily after that everything was fine.

• millyatkinson
  • England, Female, 18-24
6th Aug 2016

Most friendly and sociable hostel we've stayed in, felt like home. Only 1 shower for the whole hostel, but it's really small and we got by without any problems. Amazing kitchen with great facilities. Helpful staff, great location, next to a supermarket and 5/10 mins from the centre!

• Scotland, All Male Group, 18-24
11th Jun 2016

I really enjoyed my stay at the hostel. It is quite small which was good because it allowed us to meet new people. We went out as a flat on one night which was good fun. Overall, probably one of the best hostels I've stayed in.

• Netherlands, Male, 31-40
10th Jun 2016
8.0

Overall a good hostel in a good location with friendly staff.

• Stilettobackpack
  • USA, All Female Group, 25-30
5th Jun 2016

Close to the city center and very good price. The building was under renivation when we were there and there was only one bathroom and one shower for about 20 people which I could see being a big problem in high season but it wasn't too bad while we were there. The night time receptionist was really awesome! He gave us great recommendations on things to see and do, and chatted with us for a bit. They provided a pad lock for the lockers as well which was nice.