Olga's Baikal Guesthouse Reviews

Sudzilovsky St., house # 11, Listvyanka, Russia

We had a nice stay with Olga. We where a bit afraid of the comments we read earlier about her not being friendly etc . We had no problems at all. The breakfast was great! Her english is enough to get you by but you'd need to go to a tourist information point or a different hostel to get more info about what to do and where to go. It's called a homestay but it didn't really add anything to real Russian feeling, it's not like you're interacting with her family etc.

• 14th Oct 2014

Avoid this place at all costs. The guesthouse is a loveless, soulless place, and the two rooms (same price) are hugely different. One is uncomfortable at best, and the other room is an afterthought, crammed into leftover space with beds so sunken that they force you to sit upright in order to sleep. Olga creates a terrible atmosphere, refuses to hear any complaints from her guests and makes you feel like you are a (paying) intruder in her home. Learn from our mistake, stay elsewhere!!

Olga rents two rooms in her upgraded Siberian house, one private (2 beds) and one shared (3 beds). Breakfast is provided every morning (I had blini and omelettes). Olga herself is very warm and does her best to please her guests; note that she doesn't speak a lot of English. Her house was very clean, up to Western standards, and her garden is great to relax in after hiking all day. If you want to experience true Russian hospitality (as between good friends), I recommend staying with Olga.

A must-stay. Listvyanka is beautiful, Olga's is just up the street from the stunning Lake Baikal, and she is a wonderful host. Greeted with cookies and tea, given comfortable beds, and made the most delicious breakfast. We were always made to feel like home, and her English is quite sufficient to help you with anything you might need. My only regret is staying just one night.

As we arrived, Olga welcomed us very nice. About 10 minutes later 4 British guys also arrived and her mood changed from one second to the next. So she wasn't very nice and if we had a question or something like that she was not complaisant or friendly. Anyway, the breakfast tasted awesome.

Olga was a lovely host and we really enjoyed her breakfasts. The shower/toilet was clean and she always offered us tea when we arrived. The only let down for me was the spring-base single beds which sunk in the middle but my husband was fine with them. Overall, we had a great stay here and would highly recommend this place.

• 18th Aug 2014
  • New Zealand

A very good guesthouse that I recommand ! Olga was very nice, the location is perfect and the room very nice.

A fantastic homestay in Listvyanka. 5 minutes walk from the main market, less than a minute to the lake. Top notch facilities, a welcoming host and an amazing homemade breakfast.

I you are going to Listvyanka this is a great place to stop in. It is a house that is open to guests on the ground floor. It is clean and charming. Olga was very accommodating and friendly. She provided a great breakfast as well.

We loved staying at the guesthouse. Olga was friendly and very accommodating. It's walking distance to the museum and town centre. Olga's breakfast was delicious and filling!

She is definitely biased towards People who speak Russian, over those who do not. We felt like she didn't want our presence in her home after the initial greetings. NOTE: never wash anything with her, she charges by Kilo load and for a small bag of clothing she asked 800RUB from us. Also, do not ask her to cook meals; you pay 500RUB for supermarket frozen foods that she heats up for you. Beds are lumpy and soft, not comfortable at all. We had such a bad time we checked out earlier by a day.

Olga is a very nice woman who makes a delicious breakfast every morning! A soon as I arrived she came outside to welcome me. I got a nice cup of tea with cookies and after she gave me some advised about things to do in the area. It's a bit hard to find, but I just pointed the address when I asked people the way and then most of the people will help you to find the right direction. I really enyojed my stay here!

View all Listvyanka Bed and Breakfasts