Olga's Place Reviews

38 Zabaleta St, San Sebastian, Spain

A really warm, friendly environment. Perfect for making friends and a great spot for surfers.

Olga's Place has a good atmosphere, that's why I stayed there for a second time. Austrailian guy and Pablo were great hosts, helpful in every way conceivable. Its great location also brings about some nighttime pincho-noise but hey, you can't have it all!

A great place to stay, had an incredible time with some amazing people! Leo and Pablo were the best :) they took great care of us and showed us all the best places to go. Would highly recommend :)

• 25th Mar 2014

I had an awesome time there and my experience in San Sebastian wouldn't have been the same if I hadn't stayed there. Lennart and Pablo are awesome! The atmosphere was great!

• 18th Mar 2014

When I was checking out, the owner was there helping me. She was very kind. The location is near the beach which is nice, but is in a residential neighborhood and not the nightlife.

it felt a bit strange.it's really like an apartment,and the common room is so small that it feels more like just a reception.i would go back to the hostel just to sleep,because the atmosphere didn't feel very welcoming,maybe it's different on summertime.bunks are too small,the down part of them makes you feel you're in a box.impossible to sit on your bed if you're down.lockers are small,they're not for backpacks.toilets were very clean.it's ok if you just want a place to sleep and take a shower.

Fantastic place!

My friends and I had our own room here and had a great time. Olga was super nice to us the whole time. It was a little strange because the hostel is in an apartment building, but we were comfortable and had a nice little view from our room. Also right across the street is a delicious cafe and then another block away is a beach where you can watch the surfers. It is a little far from the old city, but only a 15 minute walk really. Overall, we had a great time here.

Great place to stay. Lovely hosts, comfy beds. My only gripe is that the signage for the hostel is very difficult to see. Clearer instructions as to the button to push on Hostelworld would be great.

Right by the beach. Place is more like an apartment than a hostel but that's okay, made things cozy and met some good people. Checked in by Leo and it felt like I was inconveniencing him, got a rush job check in without proper explanation on things like the safe. Other guests were treated much better by Olga herself.

Really strange place. Didn't feel comfortable in there. It's like you've moved into an large apartment that has been decked out with random bunk beds. But it was cheap.

If it were summer I wouldn't want to leave. Very nice staff. Super comfortable beds. Awesome location. What else do you need?

Best spot in western Europe!

• 18th Nov 2013

Loved my time at Olga's place. Rafa and Olga are great owners, and were kind and helpful the whole time. Lovely atmosphere as the hostel is so small, great location and loved rafa's paella :) would definitely recommend.

I loved my little san sebastian family with Olga and Rafy! Honestly it just felt like a home rather than a hostel. It was a great change after 2 months of other hostels. Highly recommend Olgas place

Definitely a good hostel to stay and to know people. Good position and good people

• 30th Oct 2013

San Sebastian is awesome. Really great staff. Wonderful atmosphere. Recommend fo sho!

Pros: -Small place: you get to know everyone, it's got personality and feels better than an impersonal chain hostel -Olga & Rafa are very nice and easy to talk to, they do care -Rafa makes sure the hostel is quiet at night so u get a good night sleep -Location is prime -Individual safes, free of charge, in the rooms - VERY handy -Good beds -Clean -Good Wifi Cons: -VERY small lounge, small kitchen, can get crowded easily -2 Bathrooms only -Never had a proper hot shower :-( -Old cranky fridge

The owners were amazing! We had a communal dinner the one night, which got the whole hostel together. It was right across the street from a great cafe, and down along that same street there were excellent pintxios bars. Overall, a great hostel, it made me feel at home!

It's a great family hostel! It's in a great location just off the beach! It's a must stay here! WIFI is amazing! It's a cool place to kick back and meet people. The rooms are clean. Security is good. Staff are GREAT!

View all San Sebastian Hostels