Olga's Place Reviews

38 Zabaleta St, San Sebastian, Spain

It is more like an apartment than a hostel. It was clean and very quiet, next to surfers´s beach and a short stroll to the old city center. The staff was kind . I paid for a six bedroom and they put me in a four bedroom which is nice. The only thing is that there are too few bathrooms and no common room.

Olga's Place is a great hostel if you're looking to meet chill people and have a fun time in San Sebastián. I gave it a low rating on Security because all of the doors were usually open or unlocked and they don't have enough lockers for everyone. That being said, I was never actually worried about my stuff being taken because everybody is so nice and it doesn't seem like the kind of place where that would happen. Fun, very relaxed place to stay and couldn't be closer to the beach!

The guys onsite are super helpful, welcoming and friendly. With a very friendly communial atmosphere, I would definitely recommend to any traveller looking to be social with fellow travellers

• 23rd Sep 2014

Great place for a traveler tired of the same old hostel. This place was like someone's apartment extended out to you. There aren't enough bathrooms and it is small, but the people and atmosphere make up for it. Nice cozy place. Nick and Gabe were fabulous. And it's a block away from the beach!

Best hostel in San Sab!

Really social hostel with things going on each night, great way to meet other travellers and get involved in the San Seb culture. Adequate facilities and cleaned regularly, wifi a little unreliable in some areas. Great location 2 mins to surf beach, 10mins to old town and 2 mins to supermarket. Loved our stay here!

Very nice hostel. Good vibes and fairly small so family atmosphere and easy to meet people. Right near the beach.

One of the best place that I have stayed You feel like you are at home but with a new family created by backpackers. Once you kbow everyone in kitchen during cookin' or drinking games than your trip becomes more awesome. If I will go to San Seb. again than this is definetely the place that I will stay again. Thanks also to staff who animated our trip with multiple suggestions, party or family dinner. I strongly recommend this place to everyone :)

Small kitchen to hang out in and meet people but great location close to the beach!

Good hostel in great location. However, I´m very disappointed in the staff! I forgot my glasses in my room. Thus I kindly asked the staff if they could send the glasses to my home by mail. After receiving an answer that they would do so, I have never received my glasses nor heard from the hostel again despite several reminders. I planned to give a good recommendation at first but a friendly and trustful atmosphere is maybe the most important criteria of hostels...

Probably one of the better hostels I've stayed in. Staff are absolutely fantastic and they take care of you with the daily events. Great little hostel to get to know people and it's a stones throw away from the beach. If you're going to San sebastian then I recommend this place. Will return again soon.

Great place to meet people due to the size of the hostel, met really cool people

• 19th Aug 2014

Olgas is amazing!!! The staff is warm and welcoming and makes you feel right at home. Everyone joins the nightly activities and they're all a blast. Don't stay anywhere else in San Sebastián! Olgas rocks!

Could not have a better experience staying at olgas. The staff is always around extremely friendly and ready to answer any questions. San Sebastian itself is wonderful but this hostel made it perfect for me, being the first time I have ever traveled alone. I stayed for a week and after a few days it felt like home. Best thing was the secure code lock boxes in every room and the location as well as the discount for surfshop. It was the cleanest hostel. I would definitely recommend this hostel.

We were pleasantly surprised by the hostel. The staff were helpful and it was clean. The kitchen was useful, with a fridge - even a washing machine, this would have been ideal for a longer stay. The local beach is surfing paradise, so not really for swimming. If you had small children and/or wanted to swim, staying in the old town would be better. But this was fine for us, no great distance and we enjoyed the stroll. Nice cafe opposite too.

• 13th Aug 2014
  • Couple, 41+

Quite OK place.

This is an amazing hostel! The family-like atmosphere, close proximity to the beach, and responsive staff made it an unforgettable stay. Great for young people trying to meet like-minded travelers. Thank you for everything Olga's!!

• 8th Aug 2014

Great atmosphere feels like a family the minute you walk in. Heaps to do wish we could've extended our stay in San seb!!!

excellent hostel, such a great family atmosphere, Nick and Jayden are amazing too.

This was my second stay at Olga's and it's far and away the best hostel I've stayed in. The atmosphere is incredibly welcoming, after one night out you become friends with everyone, by the second they feel like family. I initially came to stay for three nights and it turned into a week long stay. The staff at Olga's have been great, Jayden's cooking has been a highlight and Nick is one of the nicest guys you will ever meet. I would highly recommend Olga's to anyone staying in San Sebastián.

« first « Prev 1 2 3