Oliver St. John Gogarty Reviews

18-21 Anglesea Street, Temple Bar, Dublin 2, Dublin, Ireland

Great value for money, good breakfast and excellente location

Good clean hostel, comfy beds, decent breakfast. Just be aware that as the rooms are over a pub (our window opened onto a beer courtyard) you will have a lot of noise, so the best advice is to enjoy and stay out until 2.30 am and sleep in, when mid morning it is quiet. We will return!

• 28th Jan 2016

The hostel was perfect for our needs. Not only was its location unbeatable, especially for the low price, the atmosphere, being attached to a popular bar, cannot be matched elsewhere. Our room was clean and well kept, though the only gripe was that we didn't know how to use the heater. The breakfast of toast, cereal, jam and fruit was sufficient for our needs and it was the best base for our travels. I highly recommend it!

• 5th Jan 2016
  • Malaysia

It's definately a party hostel, you can hear the bar ALL night

Everyone was very and the facilities are very good since we can cook our own meals in the kitchen. The only thing that could be a little bit improved would be the cleaning under the beds and in the shower. But a part from that everything was perfect.

• 29th Dec 2015

I recommend it! For the price that we paid, it was really good. Excellent location, helpful staff, bedroom ok. They could clean the bathroom more frequently, but other than that it was pretty much what you expect of a hostel.

Good hostel, location is perfect and the staff very friendly . The value for money is great . The room arent very clean and the wifi is though . If there things were out, the hostel .

• 20th Dec 2015

Not enough personal power sockets, bed lights and ventilation in the 12-person dorm. Great location and value for money.

I loved my stay at the hostel! The staff are nice, funny, and super helpful; the location is literally in the center of everything, I never had to get a taxi to go anywhere because it was an easy walk anywhere; the actual hostel has a really great vibe with the way it's dressed and it's attached to a bar and in temple bar. If you want to have a fun time and meet cool people, stay here!

Spectacular location and the staff was super nice and helpful!!

We had a good time in your hostel. We liked the location very, very much. It's like you would expect from a hostel. Except the lady in the kitchen; she knows nothing about hygiëne! Take earplugs, because of the central place of the hostel.

• 12th Dec 2015

its a very good hostel,

• 9th Dec 2015
  • Zimbabwe

The hostel was very clean and cozy, with an excellent location. One of the people at the front desk was very unclear in her directions to a location, but the other one we interacted with was very helpful and friendly

The staff should smile, they should me more friendly, I have been in a lot of hostels in Dublin and it is the worst.

Excellent, totally-awesome location (right near Trinity College & central Dub), though a bit older/cramped in facilities! Beds could have been made neater as well as working air circulation would've been great! Oh well, it was very clean, cool interior design/themes, & attached to a pub (literally). Recommend for super affordable place to stay the night!

Older traveler I'm a bit beyond the hostel life but I've been to better. Bonus was en suit WCs/ showers and wifi was great. Bad was the breakfast. Most hostels offer the same cheap breakfast of corn flakes/ granola and toast. With coffee/ tea. Usually, you can get slices of cheese (they were big blocks) and meats (none). I'd have appreciated yogurt option since I can not drink milk. I was limited. Again, at 20 is have likely jumped at anything free. At 35 I'd like just that little bit more.

• 5th Dec 2015

great place to stay right in the heart of temple bar for socialising all wk end and just few mins from shopping would highly recommend this hostel to anyone

• 4th Dec 2015

Great location right in the temple bar area. When we arrived the staff helped us book tickets to the Cliffs of Moher for the following morning. The free breakfast offered was decent, there was toast, butter and jam, cheese, salad, fruit as well as coffee and tea. We stayed in the 12 bed room and it got almost unbearably hot at night, it was also a bit loud during the weekend because the window opens up to a main party street, but for 15 euros a night it was about what I expected.

Lovely hostel I recommend.

• 1st Dec 2015

We were drawn in by the low prices and excellent location, but it was NOT WORTH IT. Rooms were dirty and loud, and while the staff was pleasant, parts of the hostel, including the bathrooms were not cleaned for the duration of our five day stay. Also, while they advertise breakfast being included, be warned it is basically only white toast. If you are still going to stay, avoid the twelve person room, we began our stay there and had to move after two nights because conditions were so bad

• 22nd Nov 2015