Oliver St. John Gogarty Reviews

18-21 Anglesea Street, Temple Bar, Dublin 2, Dublin, Ireland

The one key per room thing is pretty annoying, also our curtain was pretty flimsy, seems a bit of a minor complaint but we also had a neon sign outside our room so the whole room was covered in red light all night. Location perfect but wifi a little poor on the higher floors

• 27th Aug 2014
  • All Male Group, 18-24

So far, the best hostel in Dublin I've stayed at. The building is intriguingly labyrinthine and slightly confusing at first, but has a friendly atmosphere that seems great for small families as well as for young people. The staff at the front desk is adorable. Breakfast was less than spectacular, but decent. Wifi worked great.

I had good time even because oliver is my favorite pub in dublin ;);)

be carefull when you pay- while booking you pay a down payment and you are supposed to pay the rest upon arrival. so we did paid at arrival and to my surprise i realised once back at home that actually they have alreay charged us the rest of amount due 2 days after booking, so basically we paid twice... fortunatelly they reimboursed us the second payment without us even asking for it... as hostel is in the busy tempale bar districit dont forget good earplugs if you want to sleep well

Friendly staff, very helpful. Excellent location for temple bar and shops. Clean accommodation.

• 21st Aug 2014
  • Scotland

strange system of opening doors in the bedrooms, just one kee for four beds !

Unclean, unkempt, cramped. Not worth it at all. I wouldn't wish this hostel on anyone.

Wonderful location. The adjoining pub is so fun throughout the whole day and night. Very clean facilities and helpful staff! Id definitely stay again.

It was the first hostel I've been in, with just one key for a six-bed-room. This is insane, especially when everyone is sleeping and just one guy from the room missing. One has to get up late at night then. There is a certain lack of freedom, I don't approve. Everyone should have their own key. Also the free beer at the pub was tasting very badly.

Awesome!!!!

• 15th Aug 2014

I've stayed at the hostel before so knew how perfectly central it was for Temple Bar for our hen party! The staff at the hostel exceed expectations - I'd sent in advance some decorations for the room and asked if they'd mind sorting it out and setting up so it would be a nice surprise for the bride to be to walk in to, and they did it no problem and set it up very well!

• 15th Aug 2014

I enjoyed my stay but basically anyone can come in, people never checked or asked for my pass, they didn't seem to care who I was. On the plus side, the room was nice, clean and had a great bathroom. The breakfast was great and served in a very nice room with a TV. There is a free voucher for a drink in the pub downstairs which is nice also. Overall a very nice stay but maybe just tell reception to check the security pass or something.

• 15th Aug 2014

In the average, the hostel is normal, if you are looking for some place to stay just 1 or 2 night and specially if you want to have party in Dublin. For me the location is perfect, the bed was fine also and the bathroom too (Ohw and they printed something I needed for free!). But there are many things to improve, for instance, about the keys in the dorms (They have just one key for everybody, this is annoying), or the plugs (there are not enough), and the staff always seems to be very busy.

Fantastic location, right in the heart of Temple Bar. However, when I arrived I was told there is only one key per room, we had to let each other into the room. Felt a bit unsafe and be tough when you're not certain who's actually meant to be staying in your room. The ensuite bathroom was putrid and when I awoke one morning to find the toilet was blocked, there were no alternatives to use in the hostel. The breakfast wasn't too bad but I'd probably stay somewhere else when next in Dublin.

The location is on point. You cannot get any closer to the heart of Temple Bar. But this means it's very loud, until very late at night. The hostel atmosphere wasn't really that great, but Dublin itself makes up for that by far. The 'one key per room' thing was a little off-putting, but it turned out to be fine. My room usually just left the door slightly open and it was fine.

It was very nice to be in Oliver St. John Gogartys, thank you very much!

• 12th Aug 2014

There is only one key per room,even for dorms.That is not really a good thing when your are in a dorm with strangers and everybody goes out or goes to sleep on different times.

I don't get any of the positive reviews. Despite being a "good location"...This place is gross. Worst hostel I've ever stayed in. Dark, dank, unwelcoming. Staff unhelpful. One key for the entire room. Avoid!!!

• 11th Aug 2014

The location is good but too noisy. It's not the best choice if you want to sleep. The pubs play music until very late at night.

The staff was really bad. The receptionist who was working on Sunday afternoon and the woman who was with the breakfast on monday morning were really unfriendly. The breakfasts was poor but enough.

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7