Oliver St. John Gogarty Reviews

18-21 Anglesea Street, Temple Bar, Dublin 2, Dublin, Ireland

It is stupid how there is only one key for one room so if someone hasn't put it at the desk then people have to keep getting up all night to let people in, surely it isn't that hard to make multiple key cards. Otherwise the hostel was clean, staff helpful and great location. However if you don't like noise don't stay there as it's in the middle of temple be.

great, will be back

• 16th Oct 2014
  • Portugal

We had a fabulous stay at a great price at Gogarty's. Such a nice place in the heart of Temple Bar. The staff were really helpful too and I can't criticise anything when it comes to this veritable Irish institution! Thanks for a lovely stay, the great Guinness and all the fun :-D

• 16th Oct 2014

My experience staying here was amazing! We met the coolest people who were a blast and the staff was extremely accommodating and friendly. Everything was top notch and I will definitely be staying again when I come back to Dublin.

Amazing time staying here, right in the middle of Temple Bar street.. the key issue is not a problem in fact its safer as the key wont get lost on nights out!! met some amazing people, everything is in walking distance. Can't wait to come back in April :)

Staff is incompetent and rude. The rooms were not clean. Also there are no lockers in some rooms. When asked to change rooms I was told I could leave and go to a different hostel. Save the hassle and stay somewhere else. This hostel is not worth the money and the headache.

• 10th Oct 2014

Nice location, very friendly staff, the kitchen was decent.

The pub is great but the hostel not. The breakfast is ok but the cleanliness is absolutly poor. Fungi and dirt all over the place. Instead of the perfect location, never again!

The hostel was ok. But if you like meeting people don t go there!there common areas are deserted and no hostel activities of any kind. The staff does Hoy help with anything.

Definitely the best choice with this hostel if you want to experience Dublin, great atmosphere and if you are there to party. We really had a good time and I highly recommend the pub and the food, the music was great and it all was excellent. Thank you for this great experience!

very good location but that is about all. they have one key for every room which makes absolutely no sense when you have 8 people in a room. its cheap and it works so no real complaints.

I got about 3 hours sleep between 3-6am. I guess they're soley catering towards student/backpacker market.If you want to get sleep I would not recommend you stay here. I understand being temple bar it will always be busy but there is absolutely no sound proofing at all. I checked in earlier and didn't arrive till 12am due to work. I have stayed in plenty of other hostels and this is definitely only average, paticularly for the price of it.

• 24th Sep 2014

We stayed in the 10 person dorm. This is the first time I've given a "poor" for facilities on this site. The reason is that there is a shared bathroom for 10 people which is not very useful. The second reason is that there is only one key for the entire room which makes it very weird when you aren't friends with the other 8 people. And the lockers under the beds are super squeaky and require a padlock which you might not have. But the location is great and so is free breakfast.

Well worth a visit

• 20th Sep 2014

We had a great time. Right in the thick of it in Temple Bar with live music and a real buzz about the hotel/bar/restaurant/meeting place.

• 16th Sep 2014

There is only one key for each room. Having multiple keys will be better... I was lucky that the people in the room with me left the key at reception for me to come in late at night and go inside.

Aside from the 1-key-per-room issue, I had a great time at this hostel and would stay here again. The location and character of the building made my stay memorable. However, I do wish everyone had their own key. It made me want to stay out as late as possible so as to not be the "key holder". To solve this issue I left the door open a crack.

Great stay .... We had a fab time:)

You literally get one key per room - not per group staying in the room - so make friends with your room mates otherwise you 1) may not be let in if you arrive late when they are asleep (this did not actually happen to me but was a fear) or 2) doors to rooms will just be left wide open with no one in them (I saw this at least 3 times not in my own room but others on the floor). Also some more power points and lights on the beds would be good. Very noisy from the street.

Woken up (by a poke in the face!) by staff security check at 2 am. One key per room, VERY easy for someone to be in the wrong room, or for someone who isn't even supposed to be there to get in. Kitchen only open from 8 am to 8 pm. Sheets on the bed when we arrived hadn't been changed- my boyfriends bed still had things on it from the previous occupant. Two outlets in a room with 10 beds. Only 6 or 7 lockers in the room as well. Not recommended.

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7