Oliver St. John Gogarty Reviews

18-21 Anglesea Street, Temple Bar, Dublin 2, Dublin, Ireland

It was just what you need for the price - couldn't of asked for a better location in Temple Bar. Clean rooms, nice people all around good stay

• 22nd Aug 2015

Wifi never worked. People in the smoking area below our window were very loud until late hours.

Nice hostel. Locates in the middle of nightlife scene in dublin. Clean And comfy beds. Can be loud bring earplugs if you want to sleep before 1 am

Very dirty in the bathroom, very short time to use the kitchen. The bed was not done...

• 17th Aug 2015

I would've given this hostel an excellent rating were it not for the facilities. The wifi was a swing and a miss. Far. I had to connect to the next door bar's free wifi and when that didn't work, I had to go outside and connect to the temple bar area free wifi. There were only two plugs in our 12 bedroom dorm, so expect a turf war every evening to gain access to these. That being said, It was always very clean, the breakfast was really really good. Location is in the middle of Temple bar.

The music nearby is so loud, it's difficult to sleep. If you want a cheap place near the party scene, then it would work for you, though it's dirty and the showers are either scalding hot or freezing cold.

The location is excellent, right in the Temple Bar area - this seems to also attract party-goers so keep that in mind if you're wanting to stay in a quiet place. The beds were comfy but for a 10 person room it was a little inconvenient to not separate the toilet from the shower. The shower had lots of cool settings though. The wifi was good but no personal outlets next to beds. I only stayed one night so YMMV. One staff member was extremely helpful about looking up bus info for me though!

Great location. Lovely people working at the front desk. Best hostel breakfast I had in Ireland. The breakfasts tend to be really basic, but here it was pretty good.

• 12th Aug 2015

Nice and cosy, but of course in the middle of the game. Can get loud bc of pubs nearby.

Nice simple hostel. No internet in the rooms, but every bed has usb chargers and sockets and personal light. The water was ice cold, I wIted for several hours, but it didn't ht better. Good value for money! There is a kitchen and a free breakfast.

Everything were nice without : -1 Shower for 12 people it was really to less and it was durty in morning like in a afternoon or in evening. -Only 2 plug per room for 12 people it was to less as well (12 people = 12 cellphones) -The kitchen was nice but it was open only between 8:00am to 8:00pm, every morning we were get up around 6:00am so we went outside for eat and every evening we came back around 9:30pm (paddiwagon bus tour) so we ate again outside...

• 27th Jul 2015

Drinks in the bar were expensive. The barmaid with long red hair working Saturday & Sunday was extremely rude. And because of this we went else where to drink!

• 24th Jul 2015

Last minute option, cheapest in town. Kind of worried. The best management around my tour in UK. With the given facility, they squeeze out the best. Given the chance, these guys can run the death star beautifully. Recommend to fellow backpackers.

• 24th Jul 2015
  • WildThingy
  • Turkey

My friend and I loved the receptionist! He gave us THE BEST explanation of Dublin. Xurxo is wonderful at doing his Job! He is a very smart man!

• 23rd Jul 2015
  • Mexico

Stayed here a few times during my time in Dublin. Depending on the days, it can be the cheapest place in the area. The pub across the road is my favorite- I'm practically a regular. The staff is really nice and accommodating; when I sprained my ankle they tried their best to accommodate to what I needed. Wifi is probably their number one issue- really hard to get any connection. Showers are pretty gross, but not sure if it was just because people in my room were consistently gross.

Great location but a lot of noise from downstairs at night. Plenty of charm and clean enough for a hostel. Kitchen was poorly fitted - no labels on the hob for heat or to know which control was for which plate. Wi-fi was down and they couldn't just switch it on and off, had to send out for someone (I came to the rescue letting guests piggy back off my phone). Staff not very helpful or as welcoming as other hostels in Dublin.

Really last minute booking but so glad we had to stay here. At first we couldn't figure out how to get in but that way we got to see the whole depth of the building. Even though you are above a bustling hive of live traditional music and bars, you cannot hear a peep. Great location as you are right in the middle of temple Bar area and the staff were lovely.

• 19th Jul 2015

The staff here are extremely friendly and helpful!! The location was perfect!

• 18th Jul 2015

Great location. Nice place. Earplugs definitely required because the hostel is above several live music pubs. Clean, except for the huge amount of dust underneath the beds!

Excellent for what you pay! Location is excellent if you're planning on exploring Dublin city centre!

• 14th Jul 2015