Oliver St. John Gogarty Reviews

18-21 Anglesea Street, Temple Bar, Dublin 2, Dublin, Ireland

Awesome!!!!

• 15th Aug 2014

I've stayed at the hostel before so knew how perfectly central it was for Temple Bar for our hen party! The staff at the hostel exceed expectations - I'd sent in advance some decorations for the room and asked if they'd mind sorting it out and setting up so it would be a nice surprise for the bride to be to walk in to, and they did it no problem and set it up very well!

• 15th Aug 2014

I enjoyed my stay but basically anyone can come in, people never checked or asked for my pass, they didn't seem to care who I was. On the plus side, the room was nice, clean and had a great bathroom. The breakfast was great and served in a very nice room with a TV. There is a free voucher for a drink in the pub downstairs which is nice also. Overall a very nice stay but maybe just tell reception to check the security pass or something.

• 15th Aug 2014

In the average, the hostel is normal, if you are looking for some place to stay just 1 or 2 night and specially if you want to have party in Dublin. For me the location is perfect, the bed was fine also and the bathroom too (Ohw and they printed something I needed for free!). But there are many things to improve, for instance, about the keys in the dorms (They have just one key for everybody, this is annoying), or the plugs (there are not enough), and the staff always seems to be very busy.

Fantastic location, right in the heart of Temple Bar. However, when I arrived I was told there is only one key per room, we had to let each other into the room. Felt a bit unsafe and be tough when you're not certain who's actually meant to be staying in your room. The ensuite bathroom was putrid and when I awoke one morning to find the toilet was blocked, there were no alternatives to use in the hostel. The breakfast wasn't too bad but I'd probably stay somewhere else when next in Dublin.

It was very nice to be in Oliver St. John Gogartys, thank you very much!

• 12th Aug 2014

I don't get any of the positive reviews. Despite being a "good location"...This place is gross. Worst hostel I've ever stayed in. Dark, dank, unwelcoming. Staff unhelpful. One key for the entire room. Avoid!!!

• 11th Aug 2014

The location is good but too noisy. It's not the best choice if you want to sleep. The pubs play music until very late at night.

• 10th Aug 2014
  • Fkauschus
  • Chile

The staff was really bad. The receptionist who was working on Sunday afternoon and the woman who was with the breakfast on monday morning were really unfriendly. The breakfasts was poor but enough.

Nice room and bed and excellent location. However, the wifi did not reach to our room (on the top floor) and there was only one key per room which meant that if you were sharing with strangers in a dorm room, you had to knock on the door if the other person/people were already in the room. When it is late at night, it isn't ideal to knock on the door and wake others up or to be woken up by others.

I stayed in a 6-bed room in that hostel with four friends of mine. All of us agreed in the point that we haven't met such unfriendly and impolite staff for a very long time now. We were quite shocked about that behaviour. In my point of view persons who work at a reception for a hostel for young people need to give the guests the feeling that they are more than welcome. We had more the feeling that we were undesireable and they saw us more as a burden. Wouldn't stay there again!

• 4th Aug 2014

Our Stay in Gogartys was really cool! It is in the Temple Bar District, in the center of Dublin. You can reach every sight within 5-15min walk. The hostel is clean, the stuff is very very friendly and the rooms fits to the number of people in it. Great place to stay! I would recommend it to everybody who wants to visit Dublin!

• 3rd Aug 2014
  • Austria

overall very good, and the room we had was much better the the last one i stayed in. Just a little more attention to detail on the cleaning (previous customer/s had stuck gum to the under side of one of the bunk beds?), difficult for staff to see when cleaning.

Great Staff

If you want to party and experience the Temple Bar, this is a great place to stay. Earplug are a just if you want to sleep before midnight.

I stayed here by myself 3 years ago, so I booked it again for my 5 backpacking friends and I for 3 nights. This hostel is all about its location. It is right in the Temple Bar district so if your aim is to party then this is it. The facilities are a little ltd, but the hostel is clean and the staff are extremely friendly and helpful. The only negative issue is the noise from the bar downstairs, and one night we were kept up for the majority of the evening - we were traveling early the next day

Absolutely love this place! Rooms were clean

• 1st Aug 2014

It is a bit noisy at times yet we liked the cleanliness of the rooms.

• 31st Jul 2014
  • Mixed Group, 41+

The hostel is nice. Nothing to complain about.

• 29th Jul 2014
  • Slovenia

The hostel was nice and friendly, quite clean and everything went smooth for the 2 nights that we stayed there. The location is very nice, right on temple bar area. I was afraid it would be too noisy but no such problems :)

• 27th Jul 2014