Oliver St. John Gogarty Reviews

18-21 Anglesea Street, Temple Bar, Dublin 2, Dublin, Ireland

Fine for the price. No aircon in the room though. Bed is quite small and a bit hard.

Left stuff on bed it was gone when i went back, bed had been cleaned. Had stayed on wrong bed. I believe that the cleaners took the stuff from the bed when they were cleaning the bed maybe thinking it was left behind. told staff who were useless.the stuff included was clothes and a tootbrush it was no use to anyone else. AVOID unless you want want your stuff taken probably by staff.

• 24th Jun 2015

Loved Gogartys! I met some really cool people and the location is perfect. The shower in my room was either scalding hot or freezing cold, but one of my roommates who had stayed in several rooms there said it had only happened in room 22. The location is perfect, and I'll stay there again next time I'm in Dublin.

• 22nd Jun 2015

A great location in Temple Bar, the Hostel is superbly priced. My only issues were that in our room (43) only one of the four power sockets were working making charging our various phones a struggle. Also the window in the bathroom wasn't enough to get air into the room so at night it would get very stuffy with 6 people and the balcony door was missing the bolt handle so couldn't be opened. Still loved my stay though and would come again.

• 19th Jun 2015
  • All Male Group, 31-40

My only recommendations would be 1) to have a lockable bin for the number of beds available. My room had 10 beds, but only 7 bins, so some people were not able to lock valuables away. 2) my bed didnt have a light in it, while 8/10 of the beds in the room did. I thought it would have been nice foe reading in the evening after some were sleeping. Otherwise, it was a fabulous stay, I have no real complaints. The beds were comfortable, and clean. The staff was great, and I had such a good time.

The location of this hostel was fantastic, right in the middle of the Temple Bar disctrict. The bed was not the most comfortable thing in the world (you could feel the metal bars of the frame through it), but I never expect much when staying at a hostel. There was only one shower for our room, which had ten people in it, which was kind of annoying. I would definitely stay here again, the location is too good to pass up and the bar next door is fantastic.

This is an excellent place to stay if you're looking to party, but not if you want to sleep. The music goes on next door 'til 2:30am, which is not ideal if your train gets in at midnight and you just want to crash, but it is ideal if you need to be in stumbling distance from a late night out. The walls are definitely not soundproof so bring ear plugs. Our room had no working outlets, which was annoying because no one could charge phones. The free breakfast was a nice perk. Friendly staff.

+: Our 8-mixed w/ en-suite was large enough and the beds were clean and relatively comfortable. Breakfast is basic, but adequate for the cost (free!). Location is great, right in Temple Bar near Trinity College, Grafton Street, etc. Staff was helpful and offered to hold our bags. Each guest now gets a key card. -: No lockers at all in the room and only very small lockers available downstairs. Bathroom was dirty and the shower was either freezing or scalding. Fine for the price!

For me it was the first experience and I can say very positive, I chose this one to not be alone as well as in large hotels. Therefore I recommend anyone who lives alone in life for me not to be alone and still feel the youth and warmth and thus prove true emotions with others.

• 4th Jun 2015

Great location.

• 4th Jun 2015

They took my credit card iformation and charged me when I never gave them the autorisation to do it. We were 3 and we wanted to pay separated. Plus I needed that money for something different. They took the amount that they should but I dont trust anymore. They use my credit card as they wanted. Also the stuff was polite, but not smiling at all, a bit grumpy. But the other things were ok.

• 31st May 2015
  • Argentina

our stay at gogartys was excellent we have stayed 3 times love it

• 28th May 2015
  • All Female Group, 41+

Hostel had everything our party of 6 needed for my sons stag weekend. Friendly staff, clean place to sleep. great value for money with the continental breakfast included. couldn't be closer to the pub that is the place to be.

• 28th May 2015

You get what you pay.

• 25th May 2015
  • Belgium
  • All Male Group, 41+

Second time there. Excellent situation, atmosphere ; very kind and helpfull staff ; will go there again

Some lockers didn't have ways of locking. Not the most social atmosphere, although the your ten steps away from temple bar which is where you will most likely do all of your socializing. Has a kitchen, doors lock at 9.

• 24th May 2015

Big improvement regards to room keys since I stayed there last. Now everybody has their own keys. On negative side- still very noisy.

Great central location. The lockers under the beds are comically noisy, making an incredibly loud screech every time they are pulled open. This makes it nearly impossible for you to not wake up everyone when coming back, and obviously it also makes it hard to sleep. Shower didn't work for one of the mornings I was there but was fixed relatively quickly. With one shower for 10 people, that's bound to happen. Breakfast was okay but rather limited. There was no soap in the bathroom.

• 17th May 2015

Thanks to the staff and the Hostel it was bang on right were we wanted to be easy access, Thanks from us all.

• 17th May 2015

Location of the hostel is great, but if you want some sleep - you won't have any :) there is too much light in the morning. Also, for the price that you pay the kitchen should be cleaner: the lady thet works there looks very messy and also everything around her isn't clean.

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4