Oliver St. John Gogarty Reviews

18-21 Anglesea Street, Temple Bar, Dublin 2, Dublin, Ireland

Great place to stay, right in the centre of Temple Bar, great pub to go with the hostel with great live music and beautiful ladies for staff. Only problem with this place is the one key policy but apart from that it's one of the best places to stay in Dublin.

• 10th Sep 2014
  • Portugal

I love this place! I've stayed here before and I've always had a good time with the pub right beside it, friendly staff, really clean place and a good breakfast.

Great location and great if you have a car with the discounted parking in the city centre.

The rooms were not ready till about 4 pm. When I checked in the rooms were dirty. They also only have one key to enter your room, so you are constantly waking up to let people in. If someone has the key. Poor system.

Hostel was fine, but on the Sunday the upstairs Irish bar was shut ??? Why.

The Hostel was ok but I for longer stays it is far too loud. But for just a party weekend it's perfect!

• 3rd Sep 2014

Quite noisy until late at night but we expected this since it's located in Temple Bar and in a pub. Nice breakfast in the morning with good selection of foods.

• 2nd Sep 2014

Had an absolute amazing time here. Great location I would recommend this to anyone :D

• 2nd Sep 2014
  • xoxvixtorxox

Good price, clean room, delicious breakfast... More than I expected :)

Good place, location amazing in temple bar!

Had a double room. Not at all what the pictures looked like. Smoke came in from pub and very noisy. Kept waking up from the noise. Closet smelled musty so did not use. At almost $200/night for 2 of us not what I would consider a bargain. Could have stayed at a 5 star hotel in the States.

• 29th Aug 2014

The one key per room thing is pretty annoying, also our curtain was pretty flimsy, seems a bit of a minor complaint but we also had a neon sign outside our room so the whole room was covered in red light all night. Location perfect but wifi a little poor on the higher floors

So far, the best hostel in Dublin I've stayed at. The building is intriguingly labyrinthine and slightly confusing at first, but has a friendly atmosphere that seems great for small families as well as for young people. The staff at the front desk is adorable. Breakfast was less than spectacular, but decent. Wifi worked great.

I had good time even because oliver is my favorite pub in dublin ;);)

I Booked with Oliver St John Gogarty to stay for 3 nights, when i arrived i was told that me and my friedn would be able to stay in the same room together for the first night but after that we would have to stay in different room. When i asked why , they replied that because it was a late booking they didnt have the beds to put us in the same room. I have travelled all over the world and this has never happened to me before, i decided not to stay there and will not be going back

• 25th Aug 2014

Place was cool. Stupid there was only one key to the room when there's 8 other ppl, doesn't really make sense. Especially when you asked if they cld open the room for you and the maids give u attitudes. The kitchen was small with no oven but other then those things the place was really great

be carefull when you pay- while booking you pay a down payment and you are supposed to pay the rest upon arrival. so we did paid at arrival and to my surprise i realised once back at home that actually they have alreay charged us the rest of amount due 2 days after booking, so basically we paid twice... fortunatelly they reimboursed us the second payment without us even asking for it... as hostel is in the busy tempale bar districit dont forget good earplugs if you want to sleep well

The hostel was literally just somewhere that we needed to use for sleeping, washing and dressing etc. It was clean, fit-for-purpose and the staff were reasonably helpful. The two of us shared a 6 person dorm on 3rd floor and had various people coming in and out over the three days. On the last day however, a girl was asleep in one of our bunk beds and when asked to move, refused. Informed nighstaff who didn't seem bothered and told us just to sleep in other top bunk bed, not ideal with bad leg.

• 24th Aug 2014
  • Wales

Friendly staff, very helpful. Excellent location for temple bar and shops. Clean accommodation.

• 21st Aug 2014
  • Scotland

strange system of opening doors in the bedrooms, just one kee for four beds !

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7