Oliver St. John Gogarty Reviews

18-21 Anglesea Street, Temple Bar, Dublin 2, Dublin, Ireland

we enjoyed staying there. Obviously the location is perfect. Everything is in walking distance. Our two bed private dorm had one bunk bed and was small, but it was just enough space for two. You really don't need much more if you are in the city all day and just need a place to sleep. The bathroom was ok. It was pretty clean for a hostel and the shower worked just fine. I would definitely recommend this hostel

• 15th Nov 2014

This is the best hotel I've stayed at, and there have been a few in a number of cities. Great welcome, spotless room, respectful roommates, powerpoints for phones and laptop, no hassle left luggage, welcome drink in great bar, fruit toast and cereal breakfast, and in the lively Temple Bar area of Dublin. I have paid more in Dublin for the breakfast than I paid for the night.

• 4th Nov 2014

No facility to leave your luggage at check out. Our flight wasn't until the evening, reception refused to take our bags, he said he had to keep space for guests arriving. Shouldn't it be first come first served? He also wasn't polite when he told us this so after an average stay this wasn't how it should have ended. The hostel is only ok. We had a private 4 person room, it was tiny. the walls are extremely thin so heard lots of other guests, even just talking in their rooms. Great location.

• 1st Nov 2014

It was a great place to stay, I have no complaints. It was comfortable and staff were friendly. I'd definitely recommend it.

• 29th Oct 2014

The place is super cool, right in the heart of Temple Bar. But not a good place to go alone, the common areas do not facilitate contact, and there are no activities. The pub under has more older people. If you want to meet people around 20s you have to go to other bars or hostels. Also at night and covering staff´s break there was a guy that for everything answered me "i don´t know", I hurt my head because the heating was under the bed and asked for ice "i don´t have", and did nothing.

• 29th Oct 2014

Pretty much meh. Great value (for the hostel itself), great location, but that is where the great stops, and it becomes pretty nondescript. Would stay again for the absolute convenience and value, though.

This hostel is great with the exception of the people who stay there

Had not realised that by booking a four bed room and for one night there was only three of our party in that you would put another person in,especially a man,I didn't know who to feel sorrier for us three hen do revellers or the man sharing with us,.The one key system per room is very difficult for two separate parties as we had to knock on the door to wake our "man"late "at night to let us in

• 24th Oct 2014

Great location and staff, really bad key system and lockers.

• 23rd Oct 2014
  • Argentina

One of the worst hostels I've stayed at.. When we arrived the room was empty, our beds were made but all other beds were left dirty, the floor had not been cleaned and the bin was full and smelling bad. The blind, the light and the heating were all not working. They fixed the light but we had to spend 2 nights in late October freezing with no heating. They tried but weren't able to provide extra blankets or heating. The flush broke on the last day and flooded the bathroom floor.

Weekend rate is pricey, but the weekday rate is great for the location.

all my money was taken from my debit card for the night BEFORE i arrived. Not just the deposit. There was NO key for a 10 bed dorm! the tv had no instructions and i couldn't get it to work.

decent place, not much opportunity to interact with other travellers but if that's not your thing then that's fine.

It is stupid how there is only one key for one room so if someone hasn't put it at the desk then people have to keep getting up all night to let people in, surely it isn't that hard to make multiple key cards. Otherwise the hostel was clean, staff helpful and great location. However if you don't like noise don't stay there as it's in the middle of temple be.

The girl at reception was standoffish when I walked in. Then, she wouldn't let me check my bag when I was checking out because she had to many other people waiting. I have a small 38-Liter so I didn't see it as a big deal. The bathroom was kind of dirty. Breakfast was okay but nothing special. The room was hot so the window was open but the noise outside was loud, but it is in the center of temple bar area so it was to be expected

I spend some great days in the Oliver St. John Gogarty's during my stay in Dublin. The only problem was that there was just ONE key for every room. I stayed in a room with 8 beds, so it was a bit annoying to open the door in the middle of the night when the other girls who stayed in the same room came back to the hostel very late at night. But apart from that everything was great :-)

• 17th Oct 2014

Overall, we had a good stay. We arrived before check-in and were able to store our luggage for the morning. The elevator was nice. The room could have been a bit cleaner, particularly the bathroom. I did not feel comfortable stepping on the bathroom floor with bare feet. Also, each room resident should be checked out a key, because having just one key for 10 residents does not work. The door ends up being propped open or otherwise kept unlocked, which is very unsecure. Breakfast was sufficient.

• All Male Group, 18-24

great, will be back

• Portugal

We had a fabulous stay at a great price at Gogarty's. Such a nice place in the heart of Temple Bar. The staff were really helpful too and I can't criticise anything when it comes to this veritable Irish institution! Thanks for a lovely stay, the great Guinness and all the fun :-D

• 16th Oct 2014

My experience staying here was amazing! We met the coolest people who were a blast and the staff was extremely accommodating and friendly. Everything was top notch and I will definitely be staying again when I come back to Dublin.

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7