Oliver St. John Gogarty Reviews

18-21 Anglesea Street, Temple Bar, Dublin 2, Dublin, Ireland

We had a great time. Right in the thick of it in Temple Bar with live music and a real buzz about the hotel/bar/restaurant/meeting place.

• 16th Sep 2014

There is only one key for each room. Having multiple keys will be better... I was lucky that the people in the room with me left the key at reception for me to come in late at night and go inside.

Aside from the 1-key-per-room issue, I had a great time at this hostel and would stay here again. The location and character of the building made my stay memorable. However, I do wish everyone had their own key. It made me want to stay out as late as possible so as to not be the "key holder". To solve this issue I left the door open a crack.

Great stay .... We had a fab time:)

You literally get one key per room - not per group staying in the room - so make friends with your room mates otherwise you 1) may not be let in if you arrive late when they are asleep (this did not actually happen to me but was a fear) or 2) doors to rooms will just be left wide open with no one in them (I saw this at least 3 times not in my own room but others on the floor). Also some more power points and lights on the beds would be good. Very noisy from the street.

Woken up (by a poke in the face!) by staff security check at 2 am. One key per room, VERY easy for someone to be in the wrong room, or for someone who isn't even supposed to be there to get in. Kitchen only open from 8 am to 8 pm. Sheets on the bed when we arrived hadn't been changed- my boyfriends bed still had things on it from the previous occupant. Two outlets in a room with 10 beds. Only 6 or 7 lockers in the room as well. Not recommended.

Great place to stay, right in the centre of Temple Bar, great pub to go with the hostel with great live music and beautiful ladies for staff. Only problem with this place is the one key policy but apart from that it's one of the best places to stay in Dublin.

• 10th Sep 2014
  • Portugal

I love this place! I've stayed here before and I've always had a good time with the pub right beside it, friendly staff, really clean place and a good breakfast.

Great location and great if you have a car with the discounted parking in the city centre.

The rooms were not ready till about 4 pm. When I checked in the rooms were dirty. They also only have one key to enter your room, so you are constantly waking up to let people in. If someone has the key. Poor system.

Hostel was fine, but on the Sunday the upstairs Irish bar was shut ??? Why.

good. but there a hairy man in my bed! dont care he was hairy but that he was bed...

• 3rd Sep 2014

The Hostel was ok but I for longer stays it is far too loud. But for just a party weekend it's perfect!

• 3rd Sep 2014

I stayed in an room with 8 beds. The staff were very friendly, and helpful with directions for the nearby area. I kept my luggage behind the desk for safekeeping for the majority of my stay.

• 2nd Sep 2014

Quite noisy until late at night but we expected this since it's located in Temple Bar and in a pub. Nice breakfast in the morning with good selection of foods.

• 2nd Sep 2014

Had an absolute amazing time here. Great location I would recommend this to anyone :D

• xoxvixtorxox

Good price, clean room, delicious breakfast... More than I expected :)

Good place, location amazing in temple bar!

The hostel is average. Rooms and bathrooms well sized, a good breakfast, a guest kitchen and a tv room. The vibe is not so cool, but you can find many nice people in there. It can be a little bit noisy. But the worst is the key system, no comments about it!

Had a double room. Not at all what the pictures looked like. Smoke came in from pub and very noisy. Kept waking up from the noise. Closet smelled musty so did not use. At almost $200/night for 2 of us not what I would consider a bargain. Could have stayed at a 5 star hotel in the States.

• 29th Aug 2014