Oliver St. John Gogarty Reviews

18-21 Anglesea Street, Temple Bar, Dublin 2, Dublin, Ireland

Great location.

• 4th Jun 2015

They took my credit card iformation and charged me when I never gave them the autorisation to do it. We were 3 and we wanted to pay separated. Plus I needed that money for something different. They took the amount that they should but I dont trust anymore. They use my credit card as they wanted. Also the stuff was polite, but not smiling at all, a bit grumpy. But the other things were ok.

• 31st May 2015
  • Argentina

our stay at gogartys was excellent we have stayed 3 times love it

• 28th May 2015
  • All Female Group, 41+

Hostel had everything our party of 6 needed for my sons stag weekend. Friendly staff, clean place to sleep. great value for money with the continental breakfast included. couldn't be closer to the pub that is the place to be.

• 28th May 2015

You get what you pay.

• 25th May 2015
  • Belgium
  • All Male Group, 41+

Second time there. Excellent situation, atmosphere ; very kind and helpfull staff ; will go there again

Some lockers didn't have ways of locking. Not the most social atmosphere, although the your ten steps away from temple bar which is where you will most likely do all of your socializing. Has a kitchen, doors lock at 9.

• 24th May 2015

Big improvement regards to room keys since I stayed there last. Now everybody has their own keys. On negative side- still very noisy.

Great central location. The lockers under the beds are comically noisy, making an incredibly loud screech every time they are pulled open. This makes it nearly impossible for you to not wake up everyone when coming back, and obviously it also makes it hard to sleep. Shower didn't work for one of the mornings I was there but was fixed relatively quickly. With one shower for 10 people, that's bound to happen. Breakfast was okay but rather limited. There was no soap in the bathroom.

• 17th May 2015

Thanks to the staff and the Hostel it was bang on right were we wanted to be easy access, Thanks from us all.

• 17th May 2015

Location of the hostel is great, but if you want some sleep - you won't have any :) there is too much light in the morning. Also, for the price that you pay the kitchen should be cleaner: the lady thet works there looks very messy and also everything around her isn't clean.

The mattress was grand

It was an okay hostel but a few little problems with the keys and the shower. Mostly buckmates were the problem not the hostel but it left a bad feeling for me. The location is in the temple bar district and everything is easy to get to from there. The tourism center is around the corner if you want full information about booking outings.

Everything was excellent, especially the staff who helped us book taxis and recommended restaurants.

Amazing hostel right in the city centre. The staff is very helpful and can help you with anything! All bars and restaurants are just around the corner+they have a parking with a good discount for the guests.Highly recommended!

Fantastic location! So much fun, but dont stay there if you are a light sleeper, alot of noise from below. Great place if like me, youre looking for somewhere to drink, and make new friends!

Excellent stay

• 24th Apr 2015

The thing missing is place for luggage in room so you can put a lock on it and keep your stuff safe. Also keys for all people in the room. Avoids waking everyone up. Other than that everything was good!!!

The hostel is very well located, the staff is very professional and friendly, but I found a few things that should be considered in the future: The living room, where we could watch TV during my stay the table remained dirty all the time. The room is nothing welcoming. The room where I was accommodated 6 people, and there were only 2 access keys to the room. One evening I arrived later and already had 2 people in the room, had enough of me knocking on the door, I had to return to reception and

hi there the hostel room was clean but not serviced and we stayed for 10 nights . Even once a week would be appreciated The breakfast was sufficient but the staff could be friendlier ie : smile !!! other than that our stay was lovely ,the music good ,the location great .oh yes a kettle of boiling water available after 8pm would also be a good idea .

• 19th Apr 2015