Oliver St. John Gogarty Reviews

18-21 Anglesea Street, Temple Bar, Dublin 2, Dublin, Ireland

Rooms really dirty and smelly. Staff couldn't speak much English and not too conversational. Location great though

• 20th Nov 2015

An okay place to stay, but not great. The dorm room was not comfortable and there were too few plug sockets for the number of people staying there. Also, the bathroom and kitchen were not very clean at all during my stay. But the staff were lovely and the location was excellent.

My only complaint is that they advertised towels being available for rent but when we got there, they were out for the day.

Great location and a beautiful building.

I enjoyed my time at Oliver St. John Gogarty's. This hostel is centrally located, close to many pubs and restaurants. The staff was friendly and helpful and probably the best part of my stay. The rooms were nice and clean. Other people staying here could mingle in the kitchen or tv room. Small problem with my room, it overlooked a bar downstairs and was initially hard to fall asleep. I adapted to it and was able to sleep well. Overall it was a good stay, I would recommend it and stay here again

Great! Stayed two more nights than planned! The personal is always nice and welcoming. The place is clean the service is good too, my first hostel experience and it was so so so good beyond what i ever expected a hostel to be! As a tourism student i totally recommend it if you're in for adventure! I was and completely loved it! Besides its close to everything!!!! Lovelyy❤❤🇮🇪🇮🇪

Well, there's a roof, electricity, and water... But the dorms, restrooms, showers, and kitchen were far from clean. Lack of plugs in dorm rooms make it tough to recharge anything. WiFi is basically nonexistent throughout the entire hostel. The staff was helpful, however, but really only sat at the reception desk. Never saw anybody tidying anything up. If I paid a few euro a night to stay here, I wouldn't complain... But not necessarily a good value for what I coughed up for "accommodation".

The Hostel is in the middle of the Dublin night life. If you want to sleep early it can be a problem.

This hostel has an amazing location, it literally can't get much better than this location. It's not a youth hostel, I constantly saw older people, the common room was always empty, the kitchen usually had people in it hanging out but it just wasn't a great atmosphere. The rooms were solid, the beds were clean and the bathrooms were fine. It felt more like a hotel than a hostel!!

I think this is quite a nice hostel, just not for everyone. It was mostly groups visiting dublin and people who are staying for a while as they're moving to the city, so there wasn't really a very social atmosphere. This might've just been while I was there, maybe it's more lively at other times, but considering it was Halloween weekend and the hostel was completely booked, it had a weirdly quiet vibe. The actual rooms and kitchen were nice, staff were helpful, and the location cannot be beat.

The bathroom in our room (room 45) wasn't clean at all, and it was quite small for a 10 people room, if there had been a public bathroom on that floor it wouldn't have been a problem. Eventually we used the bathroom on the 2nd floor, but it would've been nice to have a little more space on our own floor. The location couldn't have been better: right in the city center and we really got a taste of life in Dublin. Near Grafton and O'Connell street for shopping, so that's a plus too!

Nice staff, noisy, very well located, good breakfast

• 13th Oct 2015

Was quite loud being right above a pub, but was very clean and comfortable

There was blood on the wall in our room. Then, I needed to leave due to an emergency and there was no manager on duty to speak to about a refund for me.

• 12th Oct 2015

Great location and very cool :) It can sometimes be loud since its on top of the bar, but it didn't bother me during the night.

Top banana

• 2nd Oct 2015

This hostel was really cheap, the staff were more than helpful, you got free continetal breakfast too, the location was brilliant, a minutes walk from temple bar, not that far away from trinity college, the only thing i had issue with was that in the dorm, there was only one working plug, bit of a pain when you have another five people all wanting to charge their phones. All in all, I would definitely recommend this place, great location, and for this price, a bit of a bargain.

It was not as clean as I would like but the location was unbeatable. I would stay there again!

Staff can't do enough to help! Ideal for groups away, could maybe do with a lick of paint but for the price, who cares?

• 25th Sep 2015
  • All Male Group, 31-40

The breakfast was basic, a lot of noise from the streeet.

• 25th Sep 2015