Oliver St. John Gogarty Reviews

18-21 Anglesea Street, Temple Bar, Dublin 2, Dublin, Ireland

Really enjoyed my stay at the hostel. The only thing which wasn't so good was the cleanliness of the bathroom (we had a 2 persons room with private bathroom). There were hairs everywhere. Also the bed was very hard, I could feel the iron inside or underneath the matras. Staff was very kind except for one woman. She was rude to us when we didn't had the card of the hostel to get our key.

• 20th Mar 2014

I really enjoyed my stay in your hostel, the staff was really nice, as was the atmosphere. The only thing that was not perfect: the "one-key policy", maybe it would be good to advise people to just let the door open if someone is in the room anyway.

• 20th Mar 2014
  • Austria

The room was very clean, but the bathroom was dirty and very old. I enjoyed the breakfast every morning, as well. The staff was really nice and helpful.

• 19th Mar 2014

Overall I had a good stay! The tv room was cozy and the breakfast was really good. The room i stayed in was really nice, as well. The fact there was a smoking room for the bar outside the kitchen was a bit weird, but other than that, I had no real complaints!

My stay was extremely short, getting in late and leaving early, but I had no issues and reception was manned the whole time. The rooms do only have one key though, so if that would bother you, I'd probably look elsewhere. But otherwise it's in a great location, in Temple Bar and not even a five minute walk to O'Connell street.

• 18th Mar 2014

If you want to have a good hostel really in the middle of Temple Bar where a lot of the bars and clubs are located this is a good place to stay. Despite the really central location you can't really hear a lot of the noise outside. But if you're looking for a quiet hostel in a playce where you can even find some irish people you should go somewhere else as it is really difficult to find some irish guys in Temple Bar.

The hostel has only one key for the room. So in theory the last person leaving the room should put the key downstairs but in reality what happens is the door is left open all the time. No one checks anyone entering the building so if people wanted to they could easily get in. A lot of the beds had fairly big security boxeds below the bed. but not enough for each person in the room. There isn't a really good hang out place to meet people (or maybe I missed it?) but you are right in temple bar.

• 12th Mar 2014

I thought most of the staff at the hostel were friendly were nice, except for a few. I will not point fingers at anyone directly, because I think that's rude, but I think it's important to remember that how you treat the guests at your hostel can make or break someone's opinion about their entire visit (or if he or she is dramatic you may even ruin their perception of an entire country full of people). Just remember that a smile can go a long way and ALWAYS keep snarky comments to yourself.

On the first day that my friend and I arrived, the receptionist spent the change on the wrong payment. We're still apredendo English, he did not have the patience to explain to us with the details calmer. It is not passed on to the details of how it worked the hostel. But the other attendants were friendly and helpful.

• 7th Mar 2014

Internet connectivity is the only problem I have found, is not very good the reception in common rooms.

Security is really bad, there is only one key for the dorm room, so it's almost always opened. The breakfast is quite good, fresh fruit and nice coffee.There is no oven in the kitchen, and it's extremely small. I stayed on the 4th floor and despite being in a lively area, it was quiet. The hostel does attract a lot of revellers though, so it can be very noisy. There was a really annoying Dublin guy holding centre stage who seemed to live there full time. Good price for the location.

Very nice hostel, great location. We stayed in a private room and had no problems.

• 1st Mar 2014

Not having my own key to the room was a huge inconvenience.

Very good staff, very good location, the hostel own a restaurant and pub that are very nice. The only thing was that the Windows were not that good and that there is noise until 9a.m. as they clean the Streets ...

the WiFi does not exist in the rooms!!!!

Fist of all the location is perfect. In the middle of Temple Bar. The staff is really nice (especially Paul). Maybe the breakfast ladies could be a little nicer....The bad things were : no lockers in the dorm, one key per room and the mattresses!!! Seriously guys, change them.

• 22nd Feb 2014
  • Poland

The hostel itself was very central (exactly what was needed) and the staff were very helpful and polite (and ahppy which makes a large difference!). The value was excellent and the restaurant and pub adjoining were fantastic too. i will definitely be recommending it to everyone that I know :)

• 21st Feb 2014

the staff are really nice and helpful. willung to help you all the time and no matter what.

• 16th Feb 2014

excellent location, the twin room is really small but for the price is ok a lot of noise from the music and people in the pub downstairs, you'll need a earplug

We had an absolutely fantastic time! Location was spot on, great facilities for the money, safe, warm and great staff! And, despite being right in the middle of all Temple Bar, we didn't hear any noise from outside at all! We had a private room with our own bathroom which was perfect for us as a couple. Cannot fault it at all, would recommend it for any couples looking for a cheap weekend stay close to all of the action!

• 14th Feb 2014