Oliver St. John Gogarty Reviews

18-21 Anglesea Street, Temple Bar, Dublin 2, Dublin, Ireland

The hostel is very well located, the staff is very professional and friendly, but I found a few things that should be considered in the future: The living room, where we could watch TV during my stay the table remained dirty all the time. The room is nothing welcoming. The room where I was accommodated 6 people, and there were only 2 access keys to the room. One evening I arrived later and already had 2 people in the room, had enough of me knocking on the door, I had to return to reception and

hi there the hostel room was clean but not serviced and we stayed for 10 nights . Even once a week would be appreciated The breakfast was sufficient but the staff could be friendlier ie : smile !!! other than that our stay was lovely ,the music good ,the location great .oh yes a kettle of boiling water available after 8pm would also be a good idea .

• 19th Apr 2015
  • South Africa

i reccomend this place... it's a good hostel, the location it's amazing, and it is really cheap, good staff. if i came back to dublin, i choose surelly this hostel.

Localization is perfect, it's close to everywhere, especially if you don't have much time and want to see as much as you can. Quality of the room was adequate to the price. Room and bed was clean and nice. Only thing that may be annoying is music in night, when you ant to sleep, but hey, it's the price of living in the city center. And this "one key" thing is ridiculous, there should be more than one key to the room.

• 13th Apr 2015
  • Poland

Lockers for personal belongings should be available in ALL rooms if you are to advertise it like they are, the website's offer of secure storage under the beds was why I chose Gogarty's. Furthermore, in a room with 8 people, there were only 2 outlets to charge phones or any other device. And finally, 1 key to share between 8 people is ridiculous and impractical, I suggest making copies to enhance what little security there is, so that 7 people aren't woken up at 4 am by 1 person.

• 11th Apr 2015

Stayed here a few times before & always a great service. Thanks again. I'm sure we will be back next year. Great having the 2/4 person rooms.

• 9th Apr 2015
  • Wales

I liked where the hostel was in town

• 8th Apr 2015
  • Switzerland

Unable to get into my room once for entire stay. The shared key was taken by the others in the room. Had to get the staff to let me in every single time, often having to wait for someone to come from next door to take over at the reception. Not nice.

• 27th Mar 2015

Many snots in the 12 people shared bathrooms were from previous days. Rooms need a little air during day to keep smells out.Only one bathroom for all is way too little, specially if you clean it (I hope) once a day. One key per 12 unknown unrelated people only lead to room door opened 24x7. I don't ask for a key per person but at least per group.

• 21st Mar 2015
  • All Male Group, 31-40

I was robbed at reception of this place, my rucksack with laptop and passport just dessapeared, the employers aren't prepared for this kind of situation, also the garda is not the best police of the world... Fui roubado nessa merda, atras da recepcao, computador, passaporte e etc, funcionarios despreparados, hostel nao me deu suporte algum, definitivamente nao recomendo! Melhor dormir na rua ! A policia aqui e ineficiente, espere nao precisar!

Smack in the middle of the Temple area, everything is on your doorstep, no need to go far!!! Pub

• 20th Mar 2015
  • Scotland

Very small hostel but location is perfect! Right in the middle of Temple Bar area. If you don't like a lot of noise then probably avoid it especially on weekends but that can't be helped.. it has own bathrooms attached to rooms which is good but rooms are small.

Great location, comfortable beds

I was in a room with 10 very young people. Most of which were 17-19 years old, so it was a bit too young of an environment for me. The room was a total mess, and they give you ONE key for all 10 people to share which is totally unrealistic. At one point someone lost the key so we were all screwed getting into the room until it was found. The bathroom hadn't been cleaned in several days, so it was just wasn't a very good place overall. Would not recommend

A very good hostel, in the center of temple bar. Really nice place, with many facilities, tea at any time, quite clean. A staff very pleasant in globality. Unfortunatly, nothing to secure our luggage in the room and only one key per room, even if it's a 10 beds room...

• 16th Mar 2015

Very central hostel. There is a really good atmoshere in there.

rooms VERY DIRTY!!!

• 15th Mar 2015

Good points - excellent location, nice kitchen, Bad points - 1 key for a 12 bed room? Really?! We went to bed at two in the morning the first night and couldn't get any sleep because of people banging on the door trying to get inside the room. The location is excellent, but it also means that you hear outside noise until 3am. This was our 4th trip to Dublin, and it was the worst hostel so far.

The front desk staff were absolutely terrible. Extremely unhelpful in almost every sense of their job. And the wifi doesn't work here! I had a room on the 4th floor and the wifi would repeatedly lose it's connection, even if it ever connected in the first place. A HUGE annoyance at this hostel is that each room only has one key. This means that if somebody goes up to the room, they keep the key, and have to let anybody else in who arrives to the room. Only redeeming quality here is the location!

The key system is ridiculous and unsafe

• 9th Mar 2015