Oliver St. John Gogarty Reviews

18-21 Anglesea Street, Temple Bar, Dublin 2, Dublin, Ireland

Bedroom was really clean, but bathroom not so much. The place is great for who wants to party as it is perfectly located within the Temple Bar. Staff was really helpful. We got a free cd and a free drink at the pub downstairs. Parking is paid but was affordable (9 euros from 6 pm to 8 am, if I am not mistaken). One of the things I didn't like is that there is only 1 key per bedroom, so the door was actually open when I arrived as there was someone in it. Very good value for money.

Perfect Location nice room with view over Dublin

I thought that they needed more keys for each room. One key to for the eight people was quite annoying. If I was in the room alone, I was afraid to shower or put headphone in or nap because someone could knock and I wouldn't be able to open the door. If they had a few keys, it would have been better. I had a bad experience at 3 in the morning and a drunk roommate. I was asleep and had left the key at reception so that I wasn't woken up but he continued to bang for ten minutes.

• 26th May 2014

when we arrived there were no lockers under our bed but under the rest of them. we asked if here was any way to trade beds to get one with a locker and they said there was noting they could do. we ended up using one of the other lockers anway. the showers weren't the cleanest and it was loud all night but we were expecting that being its on top of a bar. overall it was a good stay, just not the best hostel i've been in.

It was is a great area of town but they only have one room key for everyone in the room so definitely bring a lock. Also, the bathrooms were pretty dirty.

Great location, just bring ear plugs. Staff was very helpful too.

Only one key per room. I don't know if it's always the case but it's really anoying when someone knock at the door at 4am to come in...

The room and ensuite bathroom itself were fine, though the other facilities were pretty dirty shabby.

Great place! Located in the heart of Dublin. Just one thing, breakfast could be served until 11:00.

Good hostel for the money. Basic necessities are all there. We stayed in a mixed room, it was nice to have a bathroom for the room, instead of a common one for the whole hostel. Its attached to the bar next door so its nice to bounce back and forth. Excellent location for bars, entertainment, and transport to and from the airport. One key to share per room kinda sucks, when the person with the key is passed out cold in the room. Over all the hostel gets the job done.

Amazing location, definitely in the middle of Temple Bar, so might be good to bring ear plugs if you want to have some undisturbed sleep :)

• 20th May 2014

Having one key per shared room, when not everyone staying in one room are travelling together is rather inconvenient and messy.. other than that (and that it inevitably gets noisy at night considering it's above a pub), the place is great. Highly reccommendable!

This hostel was overall a nice place to stay. It's not too expensive and is in an EXCELLENT location. It's right in the middle of temple bar, if that's your type of thing. Some beds don't have lockers but if it's that big of a deal to you, you can leave your luggage at the desk. The rooms I stayed in were as clean as the staff could get them (messy guests), but one bathroom was a bit grungy.

Great place, lovely hostel with nice staff. I have recommend for all my friends.

• 16th May 2014

fantastic! will be back with the lads in september :)

• 16th May 2014

Good stay here. The staff was friendly and the breakfast/coffee area was great. One big problem to fix is the mess with the key. There is only one and it's very sad that you have to wake up others to enter to the room. The other bad point is the bathroom didn't lock the door.

This is a great hostel in a very prime area. Staff were helpful and friendly, breakfast was more than adequate, and just all round great place.

Only problem is there was only 1 key for the room when there was 2 separate parties staying there.

• 16th May 2014

They only give out one key per room. So the 10 of us had to share the key and keep waking each other up from sleeping to get in. Lots of cool people to talk to. Fun bar on the ground floor, but it gets very loud at night. It's in a great/fun location (right in temple bar), but you won't get much sleep here.

One key policy per room is ridiculous, half the beds don't have lockers as well so it's a rather large security risk. Front desk staff is very nice though.