Omshanty Reviews

Via Leticia-Tarapac� km 11, Leticia, Colombia

I really tried to like this place, but was let down. When I checked in I wasnt given any information of the hostel facilities. My room was dirty when I arrived - even after being cleaned had no toilet paper and crumbs in the kitchen from previous guests. No common area. The bathrooms could use an upgrade. When I needed to check out at 9am there was no one at reception and I had to get another guest to give them my money. Otherwise it is awesome to be in the jungle and have a kitchen in the room.

For me, Omshanty was perfect. I wanted to be in the jungle, away from the hustle of Leticia & I did not mind the bus ride to get to & from town. - it was with the locals & through lovely countryside. I was amongst the locals, nature & the sounds of the jungle. There are no frills here so if that's not your scene it's probably not for you. In saying that it was clean & comfortable & the staff were helpful. Definitely recommended if that's your scene.