Omshanty Reviews

Via Leticia-Tarapac� km 11, Leticia, Colombia

I really tried to like this place, but was let down. When I checked in I wasnt given any information of the hostel facilities. My room was dirty when I arrived - even after being cleaned had no toilet paper and crumbs in the kitchen from previous guests. No common area. The bathrooms could use an upgrade. When I needed to check out at 9am there was no one at reception and I had to get another guest to give them my money. Otherwise it is awesome to be in the jungle and have a kitchen in the room.

For me, Omshanty was perfect. I wanted to be in the jungle, away from the hustle of Leticia & I did not mind the bus ride to get to & from town. - it was with the locals & through lovely countryside. I was amongst the locals, nature & the sounds of the jungle. There are no frills here so if that's not your scene it's probably not for you. In saying that it was clean & comfortable & the staff were helpful. Definitely recommended if that's your scene.

The cabins are perfect (you really feel like you're sleeping in the middle of the jungle, but with the comfort of a bed and a mosquito net) The mosquitoes are plentiful, but you are in the jungle ;) Keke is responsive, helpful, and will give you fair and honest suggestions for tours/activities -- you can trust that he will make the best recommendations. He recommended I take the public transport boat to Puerto Nariño and stay the night at Hostal Friar -- a highlight of my trip! Thanks Keke!

Very cool little place. It is literally a little hut in the jungle, opposite an indigenous community. They have mosquito nets on all the beds. There is also a little kitchen and shower. For 12000 pesos a night, don't expect luxury, it is very basic, but perfect if you want peace and quiet and to truly enjoy the jungle. If you're interested in doing an ayawaska ceremony, ask for Walter who is a shaman that lives nearby. I had a great first experience with him.