On The Road Hostel Reviews

Fitz Roy 1983, Buenos Aires, Argentina

I absolutely loved this hostel. The atmosphere is great, and pretty much all the people I met were just really cool people. The staff was super kind and helpful, the bar on top made it great to meet people and the hostel breakfast was above average (the coffee was fantastic!). They have hand soap that you pump (yay!) which I appreciated. There are 2 bathrooms but for my personal experience I either had no wait or a short wait. I didn't get wifi on the roof bar which is one complaint.

To give this hostel 90% is a joke, its average at best. I’ve travelled for 5 years and stayed in 100’s of hostels. It leaks when it rains and this nearly destroyed my laptop on charge. The cups were stuck to the shelf in the kitchen which probably has never been cleaned. There is 1 mouldy shower for the entire hostel so you can wait 2 hours to get in. The Staff are very indifferent to the guests. It took me 10 minutes to get into the hostel one time as no one bothered to answer the door.

Excellent hostel! Staff are extremely friendly, helpful and easygoing, and Palermo is exactly where you want to be when you visit Buenos Aires. Highly recommend!

Great Hostel to meet new people. Very Nice terrace and well equipped kitchen

Great hostel, definitely recommendable. I stayed here 3 nights and had a fun time. Staff is great, location is good and the facilities are really good (except the shower, which is not stable when it comes to the water temperature). Breakfast is good as well

Great hostel. Terrace is oh so good. Staff are awesome. Hot water is hit and miss, but that is common in BA. OTR finds that sweet spot between party hostel and guest house.

Only one shower

Hostel location is ideal, deceptively quiet and peaceful and wooded neighborhood with LOTS going on (restaurants, bars, cafes, clubs), the bus to downtown BA stops right in front of the hostel, and the metro is a short walk away. Breakfast is really basic, but the hostel bar is great with a nice rooftop happy hour. WiFi cuts in and out but is available. Decent kitchen. Bathroom situation isn't ideal (only one shower) but was manageable.

Everything in On The Road Hostel is really excellent! But one thing should be reorganise - only one shower is not enough

The best hostel I have stayed in my 4 months in SA. Friendly and amazing helpfull staff, happy hours, roof top terrace and located in the best area of Buenos Aires! Close to the best restaurants, bars and clubs in town.

• 4th Mar 2014

Not a big hostel but very nice. Friendly staff. Relaxed atmosphere.

Great rooftop area and bar for meeting people. Located in a great area: Palermo Hollywood! One bathroom is not a problem. However, Beds are rickity, and staff not very informative, didnt even have a map.

Great vibe, only beds for a handfull People - if you are 20 and looking for a box to shag: go somewhere else. If you are a open minded mid-twenty traveller looking for a great hub to explore Buenos Aires: come to where the flavour is! Perfect Location in Palermo sorounded by heebs of restaurants and bars. Very nice roof top with 2 for 1 offers. Check it out now!

They have international sockets, very useful. A very nice bar at top floor, where travelers can hang out at night. Staff very friendly, helpful, considerate and understanding. Breakfast pretty standard, they make tea or coffee for you, boiled eggs, it would be much better if they offer real orange juice. Internet was stable compared with other hostels in Argentina. Palermo area is really great, and Fitz Roy street itself with a lot of restaurants and bars. Overall I had a very nice stay there!

This place sums up BA: breakfast is rubbish, bathrooms are a little bit gross but the people are lovely and the roof terrace and bar make it easy to lounge around enjoying the sun in the afternoon ... Perfect chill out hostel

This was my first hostel I stayed at during my backpacking trip (started in early Feb) and I highly recommend staying here. Would return anyday! Best in Palermo! Good water pressure in the showers with hot water. Breakfast has different spreads with bread. Staff is extremely cool and helpful with directions and activities. This hostel was one where meeting people is extremely easy and the vibe is very chill. Not a party hostel but there is a bar to drink.

I loved staying here, the staff are so nice and very welcoming. It was a great place to meet people as it's a very friendly environment. Great location in the Palermo. I would recommend it to everyone.

Loved our time at on the road hostel. It had a great vibe and being a smaller hostel you knew everyone around you, which made you feel so safe and welcome! Palermo was the best location. Would definitely recommend staying here.

• 30th Jan 2014

i ve really enjoy my stay there,feeling at home!Lot of restaurants around,clubs ,bars.8minutes walk to the metro.I recommend!

Great Hostel!