On the Beach Backpackers Reviews

46 Buffalo Beach Road, Whitianga, New Zealand

Friendly staff, cruisy atmosphere (as you would want with a beach location), right across the road from the beach.

very pleased with it, would go again.

• 20th Apr 2014

Great location, right on the beach. We had 2 bedrooms with an adjoining kitchen which was perfect for what we wanted. The owner was incredibly helpful and recommended 2 really good restaurants and was very informative about the area. Really enjoyed our experience here!

Great hostel, except for the beds. I think I broke my back during the night.

A nice location opposite the beach but a 10min walk from the town centre. The room we had was a twin and was very compact, but clean. Clean wash facilities and the kitchen/lounge area was a little small. Staff very helpful and they have free kayaks to use.

Very helpful and friendly staff, great location near the beach and a short walk from town. Made of of lots of smaller units each with its own kitchen and bathroom facilities and also a great communal area within each unit. Good quality bikes for hire and free kayaks a bonus. Overall an excellent hostel

This hostel has amazingly comfortable beds, ended up staying longer than I planned and wished I could have stayed longer. The apartment type 4-bed dorms can be great if you end up sharing with awesome people, like I did. The staff are extremely helpful and good at connecting you to other travellers at the hostel who might have similar travel plans. The location isn't on the main strip, but was prefect for me because I like it a little quieter and it was right across the street from the beach.

• 23rd Jan 2014