On the way Hostel & Guest House Reviews

via Montesanto 50, Palermo, Italy

dirty linen. with staints and long black hair on it. asked for another pair of sheets. 2nd pair came as dirty as the first one.

Hi Julia, thank you for your comment. Sorry about the sheets. It is the first time that somebody complaint about it. We cant explane it, see that we wash it, iron it so controll it personal.

The main structure is located in one place, but when you book single/double room you will be accompanied in another structure located in via Lincon. It's ok, but it should be clearly and better indicated some where in the site before the final booking.

Good location, but noisy. Staff was very accommodating. A heads up on the directions (because I went right by the place): Via Montesanto is a little hidden as the road branches off to the right and back (acute to Via Roma). Look for Via Divisi, and then go back one street. The only issues I had were the expensive laundry (7 euros for a load) and the extra charge for printing boarding passes vs a regular print (it's a little thing, yes, but I don't enjoy being taken advantage of)

I really enjoyed to be there, such a peacefull place for me :)

• 4th Jun 2015
  • Austria

My partner and I stayed in a double bed room in the guest house. This was perfect for us as it gave us space while keeping to a low budget. The room was really comfortable with plenty of space. The kitchen in the guest house didn't have a stove top but we were able to use the stove top in the dorm room kitchen, which is very close by. GREAT shower and bath. Staff spoke excellent English and were extremely kind and willing to assist when asked. Also very close to the train station. good internet

Such a nice place to visit Palermo and to meet people from all around the world.

• 21st May 2015

This hostel was AMAZING! Felt more like a bed and breakfast. Svetlana cooks breakfast from scratch each day which is super tasty and they clean all the facilities multiple times as well. Seriously felt like home. In good location as well. The beds are crazy comfy, also feels like a temperpedic mattress. The staff are so wonderful and I seriously could not recommend this place more. I'll be back for sure!!

A fairly nice place to stay, a little crowded but a nice breakfast and the staff were friendly.

I enjoyed my stay there.

Everything was great, very nice hosts, great location and nice rooms. Although it is quite noisy at night due to the traffic on the streets.

Relatively average stay. Toilets were a little dirty at times though. Not a good place to stay if you are a light sleeper. Noisy road traffic with even honking at night, and the residents in the room was not exactly the most courteous. They were loud and noisy, even when coming back late at night. Light leaks in the room too.

we tried to do the best offer you check in earlier and check out very early in the night as you requested, you have been in the hostel only for few hours and you left word not nice to us and our work, about guests will remember you booked in a hostel not at the hotel so you have to share space with other people. Having said that I think that you were much less than the average guest, thank you.

Perfect pace, not far from Ralway Station. Friendly staff. Located in an old building.

• 21st Apr 2015
  • Russia

We stayed in the guesthouse which is a few meters from the actual hostel. The room was a nice size, bathroom and kitchen facilities were fine too. The location was very good and we especially appreciated the lovely breakfast in the morning.

Quite an amusing little hostel - bit rough round the edges (when compared to more popular locations like Rome, Barcelona etc etc). The German receptionist is quite cute and friendly, and there was a guy who was friendly too. One of the other staff was a bit frosty in the morning because we were dragging our heels a bit checking out. No smiles from her ;-) However, we had a good time there. The hostel is small so it's sociable and the kitchen area is ideal for Kings Cup.

Hi Andrew :) thank you for your comment. We are very sorry for the "frosty not smiling staff" we will speak with her about this. Take care!

We didn't know that we would be in a separate flat when we booked. The staff was very kind.

• 29th Mar 2015

Dear guest, You booked a privet room in the guest house. In the property information you can read that the guest house is few meters far away. We are sorry that you didn't read it. Thank You very much for your stay! On the way hostel

Great Hostel

Hostel was very clean and the staff friendly. The location is central but is right on a busy avenue. The noise from the street was incredibly loud throughout the day and night. I am not a light sleeper and still found the noise to be outrageous. I found cooking to be a bit of a challenge in the provided kitchen, but I suppose that is fairly typical when it comes to hostels.

Thanks for stay with us and for your comment, i think your comment about the location is a bit exaggerated and the kitchen have all the necessary to cook and during two years you are the first to complain about.

Great staff, clean rooms and bathrooms, good breakfast. I enjoyed staying here!

• 14th Mar 2015

The street the hostel is on is not marked like the others, it was hard to find, so their directions are terrible for a traveler, especially arriving at night I wasn't expecting the hostel to be a flat, but it was cozy I was freezing at night, so the space heater was nice but a space heater can only do so much I appreciated the map &recommendations, the staff were very personable& it was nice getting to hang out with them It was nice having breakfast included nothing spectacular, but nice

Thanks for stay with us and for your comment, our street is marked as the others and is really easy find the hostel if you get a look to the map on the website, if you think to arrive in the night without know the position is normal that you get lost.