On the way Hostel & Guest House Reviews

via Montesanto 50, Palermo, Italy

Need new beds, first bed I was on was broken down the middle and the next was the worst mattress I have ever experienced. Ended up sleeping in the common room. Very noisy rooms.

On the way hostel is a very nice place in Palermo. I had a great stay and would come again!

• 6th Nov 2015

The hostel is good located,easy to find and very tidy. Great staff and perfect facilities.

The bathroom was old and dirty. The sheets were thin and yellow. The staff was nice but they need to work on cleaning the hostel more often.

Dear, fortunately we have not many guest like you leaving false comments, our staff clean the bathrooms 3 time/day and our sheets are all new and cleaned by a professional laundry, you stay only one night and leave a ridicolous comment as value and facilities when you pay 15 euro with breakfast, wi-fi, bed linen, free tablet to connection, laundry service, print service, free coffee and tea, free library.....what do you want more in a hostel??? thanks a lot.

Absolutely made Palermo better. The owner will bend over backward to help you in any way and has an amazing common area where he will occasionally surprise you with a family cooked meal for all his guests! YOU MUST STAY HERE! Or you'll regret it if you don't!

A nice and relaxing hostel. Friendly staff always ready to help. Nice decoration

Easy to find.Close to Palermo Centrale.Showers & some beds needs to repair.

ver good location, extremally helpfull staff, well equipped kitchen

I love it and I will keep coming!

Easy to find, close to sea & Valetta.

There was no AC and for the temperatures it was realy difficult to sleep with opened windows... The main street was so loud I couldn't rest my eyes for 30 min

• 30th Aug 2015
  • Albania

Ok my main problem with this hostel is the air-con thing. One small desk fan between 6-8 people does not constitute air conditioning. I did ask the staff on separate nights if there were more fans and they said no. So for those who care about air conditioning this will not do. Hostel was clean but did have a run down feeling e.g broken toilet seat, light fittings hanging out of walls. The bathrooms were average. Staff were very kind and nice. Lots of solo travellers here so good to meet people.

- Good WiFi - The guest house is near the bus/ train station and there are some nice bars in the neighborhood. It's a bit further away from the touristy things though - There was no air conditioning or fan in the room, so the room was very hot - Breakfast was very scarce and the milk was expired - We stayed at the guest house and the key to the downstairs door did not work, so we had to go to the main hostel every time we wanted to go to our room. This problem was fixed the second day though

Very good hostel and nice atmosphere, just a bit too warm inside

I spend 4 nights here and it was a amazing and fun time. The stuff is really nice and frindly there is always time to talk. The athmospher is great and you feel more in a familiar liveng than stayung in a hostel. There is space to cook and enjoy your meals on the balkony. The brekfast is including and realy good. There is no air condition but thats no problem, if you let the windows open at night. It could get noisy but, you get used to it. So I really recommend this hostel!

• 30th Jul 2015
  • Austria

The rooms have balconies/windows on via Romana, the main street in Palermo. As there is no AC, you can't close them during night time, at least in the summer, that is if you wanna keep breading. So it is quite noisy. If this does mind you it is fine

Lovely Staff, but there was no air conditioning, just a small fan, and the room was very loud at night considering the window was on the main road which made for a very uncomfortable night's sleep

dirty linen. with staints and long black hair on it. asked for another pair of sheets. 2nd pair came as dirty as the first one.

Hi Julia, thank you for your comment. Sorry about the sheets. It is the first time that somebody complaint about it. We cant explane it, see that we wash it, iron it so controll it personal.

The main structure is located in one place, but when you book single/double room you will be accompanied in another structure located in via Lincon. It's ok, but it should be clearly and better indicated some where in the site before the final booking.

Good location, but noisy. Staff was very accommodating. A heads up on the directions (because I went right by the place): Via Montesanto is a little hidden as the road branches off to the right and back (acute to Via Roma). Look for Via Divisi, and then go back one street. The only issues I had were the expensive laundry (7 euros for a load) and the extra charge for printing boarding passes vs a regular print (it's a little thing, yes, but I don't enjoy being taken advantage of)