On the way Hostel Reviews

via Montesanto 50, Palermo, Italy

Hostel was very clean and the staff friendly. The location is central but is right on a busy avenue. The noise from the street was incredibly loud throughout the day and night. I am not a light sleeper and still found the noise to be outrageous. I found cooking to be a bit of a challenge in the provided kitchen, but I suppose that is fairly typical when it comes to hostels.

Thanks for stay with us and for your comment, i think your comment about the location is a bit exaggerated and the kitchen have all the necessary to cook and during two years you are the first to complain about.

Great staff, clean rooms and bathrooms, good breakfast. I enjoyed staying here!

• 14th Mar 2015

The street the hostel is on is not marked like the others, it was hard to find, so their directions are terrible for a traveler, especially arriving at night I wasn't expecting the hostel to be a flat, but it was cozy I was freezing at night, so the space heater was nice but a space heater can only do so much I appreciated the map &recommendations, the staff were very personable& it was nice getting to hang out with them It was nice having breakfast included nothing spectacular, but nice

Thanks for stay with us and for your comment, our street is marked as the others and is really easy find the hostel if you get a look to the map on the website, if you think to arrive in the night without know the position is normal that you get lost.

I had a lovely experience while at On The Way Hostel. I found the peace and quietude that I wanted. In a busy place like Palermo, sometimes you need a cool place to wind down and prepare yourself for an exciting night out. The facilities were spot on, clean and tidy. The decoration was amazing. If I have the chance I will definitely come back again.

• 3rd Dec 2014
  • Portugal

Everyone was nice and it was a great place to crash. Very good value for the price!!

Great stay, lovely people!

• 28th Nov 2014

I had a really nice stay here, the staff were really friendly and helpful, everything was clean and tidy. The dorm room had no lock but the staff were very vigilant and I think they would know if somebody were sneaking around in other peoples rooms. A few small group activities would be nice! It would be good to have a walking tour organised with other guests or something. I definitely recommend this hostel!

The owners are so nice and they always try to make sure you have everything you need. Nothing to dislike about this place, it's close to everything and also to the train station. I so recommend it!

All around a really nice hostel. The noisiness of the street and the other guests could be a problem for light sleepers.

• 4th Nov 2014

The hostel was clean and comfortable. The staff was very helpful.

• 30th Oct 2014

Nice location, clean room, great staffs!!

• 13th Oct 2014
  • Japan

Easy and fast to find coming from central station, middle of the old city. Breakfast was nice to eat at the balcony... Beds are a bit squeeky and traffic loud but with earplugs its fine :)

Very friendly staff and they clean the bathroom/toilet several times a day, which can't be said for a lot of other hostels.