On the way Hostel Reviews

via Montesanto 50, Palermo, Italy

I had a lovely experience while at On The Way Hostel. I found the peace and quietude that I wanted. In a busy place like Palermo, sometimes you need a cool place to wind down and prepare yourself for an exciting night out. The facilities were spot on, clean and tidy. The decoration was amazing. If I have the chance I will definitely come back again.

• 3rd Dec 2014
  • Portugal

Everyone was nice and it was a great place to crash. Very good value for the price!!

Great stay, lovely people!

• 28th Nov 2014

I had a really nice stay here, the staff were really friendly and helpful, everything was clean and tidy. The dorm room had no lock but the staff were very vigilant and I think they would know if somebody were sneaking around in other peoples rooms. A few small group activities would be nice! It would be good to have a walking tour organised with other guests or something. I definitely recommend this hostel!

The owners are so nice and they always try to make sure you have everything you need. Nothing to dislike about this place, it's close to everything and also to the train station. I so recommend it!

All around a really nice hostel. The noisiness of the street and the other guests could be a problem for light sleepers.

• 4th Nov 2014

The hostel was clean and comfortable. The staff was very helpful.

• 30th Oct 2014

Nice location, clean room, great staffs!!

• 13th Oct 2014
  • Japan

Easy and fast to find coming from central station, middle of the old city. Breakfast was nice to eat at the balcony... Beds are a bit squeeky and traffic loud but with earplugs its fine :)

Very friendly staff and they clean the bathroom/toilet several times a day, which can't be said for a lot of other hostels.

Love, love LOVE this place. It's a cute Italian hostel tucked away in a street in palermo. Great location from the station if arriving from the airport and easy to walk around the city. The owner is great and it's got a homely feel. Love the breakfast too :)

Nice stay in general, but I had cold showers during my entire stay, the promised airco in the rooms doesn't exist and there are only 3 bathrooms for the 3 dorms (18+ beds). Breakfast, location + atmosphere were nice.

Thank you for your comment!Sorry about the cold showers.We could't resolve the problem immediately because it was saturday and at the weekend the technician don't work(like the rest of Sicily).There are ventilatorsin every room and the 'promised' airconditions exist and hase to be request.Maybe you just had to ask?Sorry about it we promise to employ a medium able to read a wishes of our guests!Three shared bathrooms with shower for three dorms is an ITALIAN STANDARD.

Stayed here twice. Amazing place!!! Come here :)

Bring ear plugs - the traffic on the street below is noisy. Beautiful architecture, ceilings high enough they could have bunk beds to 4 levels! A very good breakfast. Lots of recycled items (shelving, some furniture etc) but the lockers REALLY need to be changed as they are not even remotely secure b/c the wood & the hardware are very, very flimsy - a 10-year-old child could break in easily. The mixed dorm requires better air circulation as the small fan was inadequate in this room without A.C.

really nice people :) the rooms are hot though, because the windows are always open

It was very clean and cosy, the breakfast was great. I was very happy with the hostel, would stay there again.

Really great staff, food, and environment. They just really need fans in the summer... but I asked them, and they're getting them in the future :)

Brilliant! This really is an awesome hostel, probably my favourite one on our trip to Italy. Everyone was so friendly (when we arrived, the owners were just baking muffins for breakfast by the way), the rooms are beautifully decorated, there are spacious bathrooms and lots of balconies with a view to the main street (yes, that might get a bit noisy). The only thing is that there is no air conditioning, so if you're planning to come in summer, count on the heat!

Thanks for your comments and to stay with us, about air cond we have portable machine but during your stay nobody ask us to switc it on.

Positive : close to the station and the city center, the hostel is not too big and the staff is very kind (so is the breakfast !) Negative : without air conditioner nor ceiling fan, windows are opened at night and the noise from Via Roma is awful and unberable. Without ear plugs, sleeping is impossible.

Thanks for your comment, we have portable air conditioning but if nobody ask us we leave it off, now we have also the fan for every room so i think the problem is solved.

Very nice hostel, very good and very very clean. Good breakfast and nice room to relax! However,if you are planning to go to the beach this might not be the best location, because it is far from all of them (but there are buses nearby) Plus: try to research some stuff in advance, a little bit difficult to get information in the hostel.

Thanks for your comment, yes if you want to go to the beach choose an hostel near the beach, as we writed on the site we are in the city CENTER but you can reach the sea side with a bus; i dont think is a little bit difficult to get info in our hostel, we give to our guests all info and help we can, maybe you dont speak english and we dont speak portuguese.....but we speak italian,english,german,russian,french and slavic.......