On the way Hostel Reviews

via Montesanto 50, Palermo, Italy

Bring ear plugs - the traffic on the street below is noisy. Beautiful architecture, ceilings high enough they could have bunk beds to 4 levels! A very good breakfast. Lots of recycled items (shelving, some furniture etc) but the lockers REALLY need to be changed as they are not even remotely secure b/c the wood & the hardware are very, very flimsy - a 10-year-old child could break in easily. The mixed dorm requires better air circulation as the small fan was inadequate in this room without A.C.

It was very clean and cosy, the breakfast was great. I was very happy with the hostel, would stay there again.

Really great staff, food, and environment. They just really need fans in the summer... but I asked them, and they're getting them in the future :)

Brilliant! This really is an awesome hostel, probably my favourite one on our trip to Italy. Everyone was so friendly (when we arrived, the owners were just baking muffins for breakfast by the way), the rooms are beautifully decorated, there are spacious bathrooms and lots of balconies with a view to the main street (yes, that might get a bit noisy). The only thing is that there is no air conditioning, so if you're planning to come in summer, count on the heat!

Thanks for your comments and to stay with us, about air cond we have portable machine but during your stay nobody ask us to switc it on.

Positive : close to the station and the city center, the hostel is not too big and the staff is very kind (so is the breakfast !) Negative : without air conditioner nor ceiling fan, windows are opened at night and the noise from Via Roma is awful and unberable. Without ear plugs, sleeping is impossible.

Thanks for your comment, we have portable air conditioning but if nobody ask us we leave it off, now we have also the fan for every room so i think the problem is solved.

Very nice hostel, very good and very very clean. Good breakfast and nice room to relax! However,if you are planning to go to the beach this might not be the best location, because it is far from all of them (but there are buses nearby) Plus: try to research some stuff in advance, a little bit difficult to get information in the hostel.

Thanks for your comment, yes if you want to go to the beach choose an hostel near the beach, as we writed on the site we are in the city CENTER but you can reach the sea side with a bus; i dont think is a little bit difficult to get info in our hostel, we give to our guests all info and help we can, maybe you dont speak english and we dont speak portuguese.....but we speak italian,english,german,russian,french and slavic.......

The staff was very nice and helpful, good vibes in the living room where you could meet lots of people. Nice kitchen and nice rooms aswell! I had a great time there!!

This hostel is new and run by 2 very nice and helpful guys! It's a bit hard to find as it is an apartment in a block, you just see the sign at the door.... I stayed in a 6 bed female dorm... The room was a good size with a balcony, unfortunately no lockers in the room and you don't get hand out any keys. If you wanna get in you have to ring the bell and the reception is occupied daily from 7:00 am to 3:00 am. The hostel is in a good spot near city centre.and markets. Breakfast is included

I had a great time and met nice people in the hostel. However, the desk attendent repeatedly asked me out to dinner, making me feel somewhat awkward when I said no and had to see him every day. I would also request some sort of fan or air conditioning in the sleeping rooms. Otherwise, the place was great, clean, and good value.

• 18th Jul 2014

This has to be one of the most beautiful hostels in Europe. The rooms are all painted in beautiful colours, furnished with almost only hand made furniture. When we were there, the hostel was only 3 months opened, which explained why the atmosphere wasn't really there YET, but it will definitely get there! By the way, the breakfast here is one of the best you had, really amaaaaaaazing. Good value for your money. Would stay here again.

Great place to stay in beautiful Palermo. The staff are lovely and there's a pretty cool vibe about the place. Also, breakfasts are great!

very friendly atmosphere in small run hostel, a little noisy as right next to the street so not for any light sleepers but perfect for the couple of nights I stayed.

This is a really chill hostel with a great vibe. It was definitely one of the best in Sicily. The breakfast is also amazing - a great selection and something different everyday! It's right in the heart of Palermo, so it's noisy, but close to everything. Highly recommended!

Perfect staffs I've ever met! They were really kind and helpful as well. The home made breakefast was delicious. I even still want that cakes! They are really conscious about hygine and cleanness. I can perfectly sure about it. I loved living room and terrace overthere. I reccomend you this hostel with confidence!

homemade quiche, fruit and a variety of breads for breakfast! patterened cushions on wooden grates to lounge on, rustic decor made this accommodation cool and cosy. only dislike is the continuous noise from the traffic, not for the light/moderate sleeper

- I booked a female dorm, the (male) staff came in without giving a sign (more like a bulldozer)... but it´s a female dorm.... - You have to sign a bit like a contract, but nobody knows or can translate what is this contract for - later he was able to explain - the hostel is on the first floor of a very mildew staircase - but the floor is okay :-) - very noisy (because of the main street) - they scan your documents

Thanks for your comments!!! you booked a female dorm and you sleeped in a female dorm, we havent buldozer but only people who work hard for our guest, you signed our registration not a contract and it's writing in english (maybe you dont understand english) yes hostel in on the first floor and have obviously stairs but we have also an elevator,we are in the center of a city of one millions of people, during week end usually people go out to enjoy the city, noisy??? stay at home thanks.

Superb hostel. The staff went out of their way to make sure my time in the city was perfect. Highly recommended.

This was a really pleasant Hostel. I guess the staff was kind of new so they really tried to make the stay as pleasant as possible. The hostel is basically a flat with some homes best bunkbeds. It feels more like a student flat, but way cleaner. You have some balconies and the breakfast is just amazing. Fruit, vegetables and even cake. The street next to the Hostel it is a bit loud, but from the balconies really Italian things to see . No need to go to the cinema.

This hostel is totaly amazing. All stuffs inside are almost new and location is also best one - in center .

• 15th May 2014
  • Slovenia

I was pleasure to visit this host. Very friendly staff,very kind.