On the way Hostel Reviews

via Montesanto 50, Palermo, Italy

I had a great time and met nice people in the hostel. However, the desk attendent repeatedly asked me out to dinner, making me feel somewhat awkward when I said no and had to see him every day. I would also request some sort of fan or air conditioning in the sleeping rooms. Otherwise, the place was great, clean, and good value.

• 18th Jul 2014

This has to be one of the most beautiful hostels in Europe. The rooms are all painted in beautiful colours, furnished with almost only hand made furniture. When we were there, the hostel was only 3 months opened, which explained why the atmosphere wasn't really there YET, but it will definitely get there! By the way, the breakfast here is one of the best you had, really amaaaaaaazing. Good value for your money. Would stay here again.

Great place to stay in beautiful Palermo. The staff are lovely and there's a pretty cool vibe about the place. Also, breakfasts are great!

very friendly atmosphere in small run hostel, a little noisy as right next to the street so not for any light sleepers but perfect for the couple of nights I stayed.

This is a really chill hostel with a great vibe. It was definitely one of the best in Sicily. The breakfast is also amazing - a great selection and something different everyday! It's right in the heart of Palermo, so it's noisy, but close to everything. Highly recommended!

Perfect staffs I've ever met! They were really kind and helpful as well. The home made breakefast was delicious. I even still want that cakes! They are really conscious about hygine and cleanness. I can perfectly sure about it. I loved living room and terrace overthere. I reccomend you this hostel with confidence!

homemade quiche, fruit and a variety of breads for breakfast! patterened cushions on wooden grates to lounge on, rustic decor made this accommodation cool and cosy. only dislike is the continuous noise from the traffic, not for the light/moderate sleeper

- I booked a female dorm, the (male) staff came in without giving a sign (more like a bulldozer)... but it´s a female dorm.... - You have to sign a bit like a contract, but nobody knows or can translate what is this contract for - later he was able to explain - the hostel is on the first floor of a very mildew staircase - but the floor is okay :-) - very noisy (because of the main street) - they scan your documents

Thanks for your comments!!! you booked a female dorm and you sleeped in a female dorm, we havent buldozer but only people who work hard for our guest, you signed our registration not a contract and it's writing in english (maybe you dont understand english) yes hostel in on the first floor and have obviously stairs but we have also an elevator,we are in the center of a city of one millions of people, during week end usually people go out to enjoy the city, noisy??? stay at home thanks.

Superb hostel. The staff went out of their way to make sure my time in the city was perfect. Highly recommended.

This was a really pleasant Hostel. I guess the staff was kind of new so they really tried to make the stay as pleasant as possible. The hostel is basically a flat with some homes best bunkbeds. It feels more like a student flat, but way cleaner. You have some balconies and the breakfast is just amazing. Fruit, vegetables and even cake. The street next to the Hostel it is a bit loud, but from the balconies really Italian things to see . No need to go to the cinema.

This hostel is totaly amazing. All stuffs inside are almost new and location is also best one - in center .

• 15th May 2014
  • Slovenia

I was pleasure to visit this host. Very friendly staff,very kind.

This is a really wonderful hostel - it is well decorated, clean, and has a really good feel, there is a nice common area with a tv, music, books, as well as a well equipped kitchen and tea making facilities! Most of all the staff are lovely and really go out of their way to help you, you can tell they want you to enjoy Palermo. There is always someone around to recommend the best place to go for whatever you want to do (or eat!) Breakfast is provided and included freshly baked muffins!

This hostel is perfect! Great location with 3 minutes walk to the central station, very helpful staff and amazing home-made breakfast! Bathrooms are also well equipped. If I come back to Palermo, will definitely stay in On The Way Hostel again!

I stayed at this hostel for 3 days. Excellent location, about 5-10 mins away from the central station. It was a month-old hostel so everything was shiny new, and well taken care of the staffs. Staffs were at the hostel for 24/7 and very friendly. Breakfasts were tasty and homemade. Some of us took a Sicilian cooking class organized by the owner (who used to be a chef) and learned how to make pasta from scratch! If you want to experience something special in Sicily, I highly recommend it!

I was very positiv surprised.I was looking for a stay only for a night. if I did not have to take my airplane would staied more. The hostel ist very clean and central situated. The bed was very comfortable. The marmalades, the bread and the cakes was homemade!!! The staff was very polite and helpful. I will come back for shure.

• 15th Apr 2014

The location is very good and staffs are extremely friendly and helpful. Good for staying a night and sleep. During my stay, the building was under renovation but it is fine for just staying a night. Bed set is a bit old. Toilet facilities are poor as water was running very slow. Very noicey during the night causeat the main tourist point.

Dear Madam, we understand that every single person has his own parameters and we appreciate your opinion. Maybe you confuse some things. We are open since one month, our bed set are new, like everything in the hostel. Our building is not under renovation... For 15 Euro we offer homemade breakfast, wi-fi,bed set, city maps,lockers (the normal things that offer one Hostel) Mostly of Hostels do not offer toilet facilities Thank you anyway for your stay

Nice location,super friendly workers

• 9th Apr 2014
  • China

The staff/owners are very warm and hospitable. All the main furniture is made by the very nice young lady, as well as the food for breakfast. Which is included. The bunks are well spaced, and their matrices and bedding are new, comfortable and warm. The rooms stay dark well into the morning when the shutters are closed. The showers are nice and hot, with consistent pressure. The wifi is strong in all the rooms. I highly recommend it to any one wanting a great location and value for money.