Onda Road Reviews

Via Boccioni 13, Praia a Mare, Italy

Ondaroad hostel is one of the absolute highlights of our stay in Italy. The staff was really friendly. Location was also very good! Shared bedroom and cleanliness was ok. Nice breakfast and good wifi.Wish i could stay more...:).

• 25th Nov 2014
  • Spain

Was my first time in Calabria, and i didn't expect all of that. Martina was amazing,explaining me every single activity, and even if was low season, there were bunches of things to do like paragliding, rafting, boat trips and traccking. Unfortunately i didn't have time to do everything. I can definely say that since 2012, i've never found a hostel like that, even if i stayed for one day. Definely worth it! Thanks Martina and Papi for this enjoyable experience!

• 24th Nov 2014

A fantastic place !! A Hostel with good energy and people that I feel very comfortable. I met beautiful places, along with wonderful people! I hope to return soon and enjoy more! Martina, thanks for everithing! We love you!

Visiting the hostel in low season was the best choice for me due to the advantage of lower prices for all activities. Weather in november is still nice and the sea is warm enough to swim, Hostel environment was much more familiar than i expected: i got free meals every day twice, not to mention all the wine that they offered me! The host showed me tons of pictures and itineraries that i could follow to go trekking, gave me maps and tips that made my life easier! I loved everything about it!

• 3rd Nov 2014

Had an OK stay. Nice beach closeby and the location is not very touristy. Staff is hospitable and does its best to make you feel comfortable. However, I felt a bit like living in with the family (but maybe that's b/c it was low season). Be aware that prices are not transparent, e.g. I was told a meal was €3, but had to pay €25 for 5 meals and pick up from/to the train station (which should be free according to the website). They were good meals though. Nb: make sure you speak some Italian!

• 9th Oct 2014

Meals are 3 € including water. Drinks apart from water are subject to charge. As you can imagine, we can't afford to charge 3€ if you drink 5 beers along or half litre of wine, for example. As we advirtise on every site, we offer FREE PICK UP FROM THE STATION. we don't advirtise free drop off. The station is only 15 minutes walking from the hostel, not far. as you can see, prices are very transparent. and if you actually complainted at time of charging we could have explained it to you.

The hostel is located a short walk from the beach where we got free sun beds. We felt like we stayed in the hostess's home, and that was uncomfortable at times. You have to pay a additional fee of 3€ per device for wifi and can't watch videos. The breakfast is included, but not that extravagant. We found a 'roach in the bathroom, but besides that the hostel was clean when we stayed there. We felt excluded at times when the hostess spoke Italian with her family and other guests. Worth the money.

❤OMG YOU FOUND MY ROACH?❤ we thought we lost him,after so many years of raising him! ツkiddingツ sorry for that, but in a beach house surrounded by olive trees with a big garden it can happen that "unwanted guests" break in :). i am glad you realized though that the hostel is overall clean. The host speaks 5 languages, and being an international environment it can happen sometimes to hear languages that you dont understand, please dont feel excluded, that's why people travel isn't it?

we did not have a great stay, the hostess is nice but she doesn't give a lot of information about the places around. she shows pictures and that's about it. The hostess doesn't seem to be really nice with the work-aways over there.

Ondaroad was the best stopover in my trip. The staff is absolutely amazing, is a dream team who will make u wanna stay for ever. Everything is very clean, also when it's really crowded they can still keep it decent clean. The selling point to me were the excursions with the boat and the 1euro lounge chairs on the beach, I will surely recommend this place to all of my friends

• 2nd Aug 2014

I booked in for 2 nights but i ended up staying 8 nights.. I thoroughly enjoyed my time here, it is like being at home with a new family all the time! The boat trip with Papi is definitely a must and i recommend everybody do it before they leave! The hostel is very clean and the staff are constantly making sure everything is to the highest standard of cleanliness, steaming the bathroom and toilets constantly. I loved my stay here at the hostel and would give 100% over and over again if i could!

• 2nd Aug 2014

It's a nice place but much too expensive.. It was very dirty! Specially the kitchen and the bathroom. You have to pay extra for everything for example towels and wifi. For this price you could go in a very nice and clean hotel.

complainting once you have left doesnt really help your stay to get more comfortable. if you let us know while you were here that there were things you disliked we could have fixed them. regarding the bathrooms and the kitchen, obviously are not dirty as you could see that no one else complainted about it in the other reviews. you were probably just unlucky enough to be there while some other very dirty guests were there and didnt respect the hostel rules. sorry about it.

GO TO THIS HOSTEL!We booked to stay three nights and two weeks later we were still there. It's a homely, clean, peaceful house with a beautiful garden. The hostel has its own bar at the beach with great parties and wonderful people. During the day you can go on a boat trip, go white water rafting , etc. Besides all this- the people are what makes it. Papi,martina,mirea,emma and fabio are some of the most beautiful people I've ever come across and they gave me a home away from home. Love

• 9th Jul 2014
  • Scotland

After originally booking for four days, and then staying instead for two WEEKS; I have nothing but good things to say about Ondaroad. They go out of your way to give you a homey expierience from cooking meals for you to taking you out in the evenings. And the staff really go above and beyond, cleaning the hostel 3 times a day, providing laundry service, and doing everything to make sure you are comfortable. If you need a break from the hustle of your Euro Tour you can find it at Ondaroad.

• 5th Jul 2014

Excellent little hostel very close to the beach. Martina and Papi are very welcoming, and will do anything to ensure your stay is as pleasant as possible. Great common room and cute garden, superb for meeting people and hanging out. The hostel will arrange boat tours with caves (that are cheaper, and much cooler than the expensive ones in Capri), fishing tours and paragliding, as well as treks and white water rafting. Or you could just chill at the beach, you get special deals on the beach beds.

My time at Onda Road was wonderful - by far the best hostel I've stayed at! Some of the highlights included Papi's dinners, the boat tour, the beautiful beaches and, of course, all the amazing people I met during my stay.

• 29th May 2014