Onda Road Reviews

Via Boccioni 13, Praia a Mare, Italy

Ondaroad hostel is one of the absolute highlights of our stay in Italy. The staff was really friendly. Location was also very good! Shared bedroom and cleanliness was ok. Nice breakfast and good wifi.Wish i could stay more...:).

• 25th Nov 2014
  • Spain

Was my first time in Calabria, and i didn't expect all of that. Martina was amazing,explaining me every single activity, and even if was low season, there were bunches of things to do like paragliding, rafting, boat trips and traccking. Unfortunately i didn't have time to do everything. I can definely say that since 2012, i've never found a hostel like that, even if i stayed for one day. Definely worth it! Thanks Martina and Papi for this enjoyable experience!

• 24th Nov 2014

A fantastic place !! A Hostel with good energy and people that I feel very comfortable. I met beautiful places, along with wonderful people! I hope to return soon and enjoy more! Martina, thanks for everithing! We love you!

Visiting the hostel in low season was the best choice for me due to the advantage of lower prices for all activities. Weather in november is still nice and the sea is warm enough to swim, Hostel environment was much more familiar than i expected: i got free meals every day twice, not to mention all the wine that they offered me! The host showed me tons of pictures and itineraries that i could follow to go trekking, gave me maps and tips that made my life easier! I loved everything about it!

• 3rd Nov 2014

Had an OK stay. Nice beach closeby and the location is not very touristy. Staff is hospitable and does its best to make you feel comfortable. However, I felt a bit like living in with the family (but maybe that's b/c it was low season). Be aware that prices are not transparent, e.g. I was told a meal was €3, but had to pay €25 for 5 meals and pick up from/to the train station (which should be free according to the website). They were good meals though. Nb: make sure you speak some Italian!

• 9th Oct 2014

Meals are 3 € including water. Drinks apart from water are subject to charge. As you can imagine, we can't afford to charge 3€ if you drink 5 beers along or half litre of wine, for example. As we advirtise on every site, we offer FREE PICK UP FROM THE STATION. we don't advirtise free drop off. The station is only 15 minutes walking from the hostel, not far. as you can see, prices are very transparent. and if you actually complainted at time of charging we could have explained it to you.

The hostel is located a short walk from the beach where we got free sun beds. We felt like we stayed in the hostess's home, and that was uncomfortable at times. You have to pay a additional fee of 3€ per device for wifi and can't watch videos. The breakfast is included, but not that extravagant. We found a 'roach in the bathroom, but besides that the hostel was clean when we stayed there. We felt excluded at times when the hostess spoke Italian with her family and other guests. Worth the money.

❤OMG YOU FOUND MY ROACH?❤ we thought we lost him,after so many years of raising him! ツkiddingツ sorry for that, but in a beach house surrounded by olive trees with a big garden it can happen that "unwanted guests" break in :). i am glad you realized though that the hostel is overall clean. The host speaks 5 languages, and being an international environment it can happen sometimes to hear languages that you dont understand, please dont feel excluded, that's why people travel isn't it?

View all Praia a Mare Hostels