Onda Road Reviews

Via Boccioni 13, Praia a Mare, Italy

Onda Road has The best atmosphere! Only nice people staying there. The garden is a great place to hang out. Loved The boat tour with papi, and also his 3 euro dinners were pretty handy. Budda beach is really nice and I just loved The sunset party there. The only minus is that it is quite a walk to get there, probably 20 minutes under The hot sun and The same distance to town. Also thought that there were way to many people for only 2 bathrooms, só there was always a queue. Still had a great time

An outstanding 5 night stay with Onda Road. A wonderful atmosphere, dinner and wine every night the family owners, paragliding, cliff jumping, white water rafting and beach clubs facilitated quickly and inexpensively by Martina. Thank you so much for a brilliant time!

• 21st Aug 2015

It was a wonderful stay... the breaksfat, the staf, the garden, the place... all was very familiar and I had lots of fun there. I recomended this hostel. No doubt. Un sitio estupendo donde disfrutarèis al máximo!

Super stay at onda road !

This hostel is near the beach so that is a plus! especially if you are thinking about relaxing. We did the boat trip and it was great but a little rushed. We cooked for ourselves but some of our food in the fridge went missing a few times. We took our money and valuables with us everywhere we went as the hostel did not have any lockers. You have to make sure of the prices the hostel host is giving you are clear in your mind otherways things keep being added to your bill without you noticing!!!!

• 2nd Aug 2015

hi Nadia. You booked a private room in our hostel, so you could have locked your door if you felt somehow unsafe for your belongings. the EXTRA services that the hostel offers are clearly priced at check in as well as on your same booking form. you should maybe take more time to read through description when you book a property. Sorry for your food missing from the fridge, it can happen in a hostel. The hostel replaced the missing food at its own expenses (u forgot to mention that!)

Thanks for your exellent service and kindness. Maria 47 from Sweden

• 15th Jul 2015
  • Sweden

Really did have the best time at this amazing hostel in a beautiful part of Italy. We spent 10 nights here and could have easily stayed for the whole summer, very sad to leave ;( Everything was amazing, including the cheap but delicious meals, the awesome boat trip, mountain views and a beautiful beach. The staff were great, friendly and made sure our stay was even better. Really can't recommend this enough, go, you won't regret it. Thanks to Martina, Papi and all the others, this was the best!

• 10th Jul 2015

I had a very memorable experience at Onda Road. The hostel was very nice, clean and has a relaxing yet fun atmosphere. the beaches nearby are beautiful and the activities organized by the hostel were great. The staff are very friendly and helpful, communal meals were great and were only three euros. I had an awesome time and would definitely recommend this hostel to others!

this review is more important than any other else for us! thanks steven!

Ondaroad Hostel is good, but it is very different from your standard hostel experience. It basically is the owner's home. There aren't any lockers to store your things, but given the size and environment of the hostel they aren't needed. The negative points of are the lack of wi-fi for the guests and the location. The owner is willing to give rides, but it helps to have access to a car. However it is very easy to get to the beach. Positive points: clean, plus a fun and social environment.

Posto fantastico, accogliente, a due passi da un mare stupendo, tutti i confort di un hotel e l'accoglienza di una famiglia. Ci ritornerò sicuramente e lo consiglio vivamente.

• 16th Apr 2015

Great little hostel by the sea! Martina, the owner, was very friendly when she picked me up from the station, and continued to be a fantastic host throughout! She showed me the best beaches, best gelato, aperitivo etc in the area. The dorm room is nicely decorated with its own bathroom. The hostel has a good kitchen, living room, and garden - complete with hammocks and fantastic seating area too. Overall a very pleasant hostel - it felt like just going home! And the area is lovely, don't m

Ondaroad hostel is one of the absolute highlights of our stay in Italy. The staff was really friendly. Location was also very good! Shared bedroom and cleanliness was ok. Nice breakfast and good wifi.Wish i could stay more...:).

• 25th Nov 2014
  • Spain

Was my first time in Calabria, and i didn't expect all of that. Martina was amazing,explaining me every single activity, and even if was low season, there were bunches of things to do like paragliding, rafting, boat trips and traccking. Unfortunately i didn't have time to do everything. I can definely say that since 2012, i've never found a hostel like that, even if i stayed for one day. Definely worth it! Thanks Martina and Papi for this enjoyable experience!

• 24th Nov 2014

A fantastic place !! A Hostel with good energy and people that I feel very comfortable. I met beautiful places, along with wonderful people! I hope to return soon and enjoy more! Martina, thanks for everithing! We love you!

Visiting the hostel in low season was the best choice for me due to the advantage of lower prices for all activities. Weather in november is still nice and the sea is warm enough to swim, Hostel environment was much more familiar than i expected: i got free meals every day twice, not to mention all the wine that they offered me! The host showed me tons of pictures and itineraries that i could follow to go trekking, gave me maps and tips that made my life easier! I loved everything about it!

• 3rd Nov 2014

Had an OK stay. Nice beach closeby and the location is not very touristy. Staff is hospitable and does its best to make you feel comfortable. However, I felt a bit like living in with the family (but maybe that's b/c it was low season). Be aware that prices are not transparent, e.g. I was told a meal was €3, but had to pay €25 for 5 meals and pick up from/to the train station (which should be free according to the website). They were good meals though. Nb: make sure you speak some Italian!

• 9th Oct 2014

Meals are 3 € including water. Drinks apart from water are subject to charge. As you can imagine, we can't afford to charge 3€ if you drink 5 beers along or half litre of wine, for example. As we advirtise on every site, we offer FREE PICK UP FROM THE STATION. we don't advirtise free drop off. The station is only 15 minutes walking from the hostel, not far. as you can see, prices are very transparent. and if you actually complainted at time of charging we could have explained it to you.

The hostel is located a short walk from the beach where we got free sun beds. We felt like we stayed in the hostess's home, and that was uncomfortable at times. You have to pay a additional fee of 3€ per device for wifi and can't watch videos. The breakfast is included, but not that extravagant. We found a 'roach in the bathroom, but besides that the hostel was clean when we stayed there. We felt excluded at times when the hostess spoke Italian with her family and other guests. Worth the money.

❤OMG YOU FOUND MY ROACH?❤ we thought we lost him,after so many years of raising him! ツkiddingツ sorry for that, but in a beach house surrounded by olive trees with a big garden it can happen that "unwanted guests" break in :). i am glad you realized though that the hostel is overall clean. The host speaks 5 languages, and being an international environment it can happen sometimes to hear languages that you dont understand, please dont feel excluded, that's why people travel isn't it?

we did not have a great stay, the hostess is nice but she doesn't give a lot of information about the places around. she shows pictures and that's about it. The hostess doesn't seem to be really nice with the work-aways over there.

Ondaroad was the best stopover in my trip. The staff is absolutely amazing, is a dream team who will make u wanna stay for ever. Everything is very clean, also when it's really crowded they can still keep it decent clean. The selling point to me were the excursions with the boat and the 1euro lounge chairs on the beach, I will surely recommend this place to all of my friends

• 2nd Aug 2014

I booked in for 2 nights but i ended up staying 8 nights.. I thoroughly enjoyed my time here, it is like being at home with a new family all the time! The boat trip with Papi is definitely a must and i recommend everybody do it before they leave! The hostel is very clean and the staff are constantly making sure everything is to the highest standard of cleanliness, steaming the bathroom and toilets constantly. I loved my stay here at the hostel and would give 100% over and over again if i could!

• 2nd Aug 2014