Onda Road Reviews

Via Boccioni 13, Praia a Mare, Italy

The hostel is located a short walk from the beach where we got free sun beds. We felt like we stayed in the hostess's home, and that was uncomfortable at times. You have to pay a additional fee of 3€ per device for wifi and can't watch videos. The breakfast is included, but not that extravagant. We found a 'roach in the bathroom, but besides that the hostel was clean when we stayed there. We felt excluded at times when the hostess spoke Italian with her family and other guests. Worth the money.

we did not have a great stay, the hostess is nice but she doesn't give a lot of information about the places around. she shows pictures and that's about it. The hostess doesn't seem to be really nice with the work-aways over there.

Ondaroad was the best stopover in my trip. The staff is absolutely amazing, is a dream team who will make u wanna stay for ever. Everything is very clean, also when it's really crowded they can still keep it decent clean. The selling point to me were the excursions with the boat and the 1euro lounge chairs on the beach, I will surely recommend this place to all of my friends

• 2nd Aug 2014

I booked in for 2 nights but i ended up staying 8 nights.. I thoroughly enjoyed my time here, it is like being at home with a new family all the time! The boat trip with Papi is definitely a must and i recommend everybody do it before they leave! The hostel is very clean and the staff are constantly making sure everything is to the highest standard of cleanliness, steaming the bathroom and toilets constantly. I loved my stay here at the hostel and would give 100% over and over again if i could!

• 2nd Aug 2014

It's a nice place but much too expensive.. It was very dirty! Specially the kitchen and the bathroom. You have to pay extra for everything for example towels and wifi. For this price you could go in a very nice and clean hotel.

complainting once you have left doesnt really help your stay to get more comfortable. if you let us know while you were here that there were things you disliked we could have fixed them. regarding the bathrooms and the kitchen, obviously are not dirty as you could see that no one else complainted about it in the other reviews. you were probably just unlucky enough to be there while some other very dirty guests were there and didnt respect the hostel rules. sorry about it.

GO TO THIS HOSTEL!We booked to stay three nights and two weeks later we were still there. It's a homely, clean, peaceful house with a beautiful garden. The hostel has its own bar at the beach with great parties and wonderful people. During the day you can go on a boat trip, go white water rafting , etc. Besides all this- the people are what makes it. Papi,martina,mirea,emma and fabio are some of the most beautiful people I've ever come across and they gave me a home away from home. Love

• 9th Jul 2014
  • Scotland

After originally booking for four days, and then staying instead for two WEEKS; I have nothing but good things to say about Ondaroad. They go out of your way to give you a homey expierience from cooking meals for you to taking you out in the evenings. And the staff really go above and beyond, cleaning the hostel 3 times a day, providing laundry service, and doing everything to make sure you are comfortable. If you need a break from the hustle of your Euro Tour you can find it at Ondaroad.

• 5th Jul 2014

Excellent little hostel very close to the beach. Martina and Papi are very welcoming, and will do anything to ensure your stay is as pleasant as possible. Great common room and cute garden, superb for meeting people and hanging out. The hostel will arrange boat tours with caves (that are cheaper, and much cooler than the expensive ones in Capri), fishing tours and paragliding, as well as treks and white water rafting. Or you could just chill at the beach, you get special deals on the beach beds.

My time at Onda Road was wonderful - by far the best hostel I've stayed at! Some of the highlights included Papi's dinners, the boat tour, the beautiful beaches and, of course, all the amazing people I met during my stay.

• 29th May 2014

I booked 3 nights and stayed 5! I would have stayed longer if I wasn't meeting someone in Paris. Papi's dinners are amazing, and I made so many friends staying there. Partied with the GNU Couchsurfing event at night, then laid on the beach all day. The beach is a minute walk away. I will definitely be going back. Missing the kitties lots!

The location's nice to go to the beach but walking to Praia is a bit scary around the curves on the road. The boat tour and dinner with Papi are amazing, other than that. The hostel has 3 cute kittens and a dog, I couldn't find that information on Hostelworld. The beds in the dormitory are horrible!! All 8 matresses are wrapped in thick plastic so everytime anyone moves it's loud and sleeping is sweaty and uncomfortable, the sheets move and in the end you're lying directly on plastic.

we are really sorry for the plastic on the beds, but that's the only way to keep the hostel BED BUGS FREE.... since we used this plastic we have had no bed bugs case WHATSOEVER. i am sure you would rather have a little noise rather than 1 week hitchy skin!

Onda Road is easily, hands-down the best hostel I have ever stayed at. Of the roughly dozen different hostels that have purveyed me their services and dormitories, none has ever delivered an experience nearly as enjoyable, relaxing, and as intrinsically familial as this quaint, humble establishment, tucked away in a hidden, simple, beautiful traditional town on the mediterranean coast of Italy. And as that number ever increases, none come close either. Also THEY HAVE THREE LITTLE KITTIES. 100%.

My stay at Onda Road was great! It is a very welcoming place and It is very close to the beach. I really liked the environment at the hostel, especially the house dinners. Unfortunately I got sick and was in bed with a fever towards the end of my stay. Martina and everyone else really made me feel like at home. They were all very caring and helpful. Thank you so much for everything!!! I would definitely recommend Onda Road to friends and everyone.

• 8th Aug 2013

The hostel is great. Very lively and very friendly hosts. It would've been awesome if the hosts could have fixed the weather and made it not storm, but, you know, what can you do! ;) Seriously though, Papi, Martina, and Mitch are all great, very helpful, friendly, and easy going. The boat tour to the island and caves with Papi was the highlight. If you have a car, definitely go for a drive through the mountains nearby as the views are wonderful.

• 7th Aug 2013

Onda road is 25 minute walk from town with no other shops near by. The hostel does a deal with a beach bar 10 minutes away for a bed for €1 which is good! The kitchen is tiny- very hard for more than 1 person to cook at a time. The host is a little hot and cold- very friendly but can be a little unprofessional at times. The key to the front door is left in the door, no lockers- dreadful security. Great boat tour with hosts dad. Poor breakfast- pancakes shouldn't be stone cold every day.

key to the front door is left always in the lock it's actually the sign that THIS PLACE IS THE SAFEST ON THE PLANET, in fact no one ever complainted about missing a single item, even with no lockers!! anyway if you felt unsafe you could have ask for us to keep your stuff in the safe (free). first time EVER IN MY LIFE that i hear PANCAKES ARE POOR BREAKFAST!:) we served you breakfast every day even after breakfast time (until 10 am), sorry if we waited for u and gave u not hot pancakes

The hostel was located on the outskirts of the city centre. It was possible to reach the centre just by walking. The hostel had also access to a very neat and clean beach called Buddha Beach that also could be reached on foot. They offered a tour to grottos around the area that was very much worth the time and money. The water was crystal clear. The daring ones could do some cliff diving on the tour. Very very beautiful setting. WiFi was bad, but it seemed to be the same in all of Praia.

I booked from june 11th till the 18th of june... it is currently july 2nd and I most certainly am not planning on leaving any time soon. such a wonderful place to stay. you havent lived until you have stayed at onda road in praia a mare. i dont feel this much at home when i am at home. do yourself a favor and stay here. fantastic for the soul!!!!

• 11th Jun 2013

It was amazing !! I was planning stay only 1 night but the hostel é very, very nice,a decided stay more time ! The city is beautiful, many interresting places to go, wonderfull beachs and i can did a rafting there !! It was a wonderfull time. The hostel owner its a girl very very nice, she is very friendly, the hostel is clean, security, and with positive atmosphere!! I am looking for come back !!

• 1st Jun 2013

Not only is Calabria an amazing place to visit, but this hostel gave us some of the best times of our three month Europe trip! The hosts are beyond accommodating and you instantly feel at home! Martina you are an amazing host, thank you for having OnDaRoad so that us travelers can visit your beautiful home!!!

I LOVED IT! i would reccomend this hostel over the Amalfi coast to everyone! it's like a little Brazil in Italy! i had so much fun even though it was off season and no so many parties going on! hammocks in the garden were the best selling point to me! it felt really good to actually have a host, who makes fresh breakfast for you in the morning and shows you around, rather than just staying in a big crowded hostel. thumbs up for ondaroad!

• 4th May 2013