One World Backpackers Reviews

162 Aberdeen Street, Northbridge, Perth, Australia

Are room was disgusting and it felt like people lived there for years without cleaning. Dorm number 8

we had an ok stay at this hostel. Its a small bungalow a minute walk away from the main strip with bars and clubs. no fancy facilities just a tv room and kitchen. very noisey at night, would hear people coming in at 1am putting music on and talking really loud in the kitchen. showers/toilets were very clean. Staff were really friendly and helpful. its pretty dated and unkept but ok for a short stay. 5 min walk to city centre. no luggae storage or lockers but didnt have any issue with our stuff.

This was a bad hostel. There were bed bugs. My groceries got thrown out from the fridge. Everyone partied til very early in the morning. Do not recommend! Avoid if possible.

Kind staff and Good service.but noisy in the evening and early morning, cannot have a nice sleep.

The hostel is in a horrible suburb, sure the city is in walking distance but the area is just awful and not safe. Everyone that works there seems very fake and I couldn't really enjoy my stay. There is no free wifi as the manager wants people to make friends. Which is fair enough, but you need to instruct your staff on how to say this. Way to much for what it is. Wa clean at least.

Great vibes going on in this hostel. Cleaning times are a bit annoying, kitchen closes at 9pm. Nice set up and helpful staff

Felt welcomed as soon as i arrived, it's a small enough hostel to get to know everyone but still fun and lots of people up for going on roadtrips, days tours or just down the pub. location is really good, you can walk anywhere easily and there is a free bus that stops right outside the hostel. I wouldn't stay anywhere else in Perth... felt right at home! :)

I had a really good time in this hostel! It's a small hostel so it's easy to get to know everyone and you feel like at home from the very first moment. Kitchen and bathrooms are pretty good and everything is really clean. I stayed longer than I planned to and enjoyed every sigle moment here!

I felt welcome as soon as I walked in! Awesome, friendly staff, great location always clean and just a homely atmosphere! So easy to get to know people in a short period of time. Ended up staying for almost 5 months and therefore definitely recommend it!

• 22nd Feb 2014

The staff were very friendly and helpful. This place is a large house with no air con and only one fan per room. I stayed here for 3 nights but only slept there once and it was pretty poor sleep. The kitchen was good with plenty of fridge space. Had 3 computers with internet that you had to pay for. The only upside to this place is the location, that's its only redeeming feature. They had lockers in the room but they are not big enough to but even a small backpack in.

Hi Alex, Thanks for your review of One World and your comments. I'd like to respond to your point regarding the temperature. One World is a renovated Federation home circa 1890's. Our high ceilings keep the house naturally cool, however your stay was in Perth's peak Summer and the temperature was 45deg+ (the second hottest summer in our history). If you come back to us may I suggest you choose the aircon rooms to improve your comfort. Kind regards Steve (owner).

I couldn't have had a warmer welcome, helpful staff and guests, free coffee, tea, breakfast. Offers to share milk, food with those already there. The hostel near to the CBD but in a quiet road, a lovely converted old house with restful gardens, BBQ, wifi etc. I only was staying for one night but will know where to go when returning to central Perth! Air conditioning would be a bonus.

Thanks for your review Margaret it was lovely to have you stay with us and we look forward to your return. Happy travels until then. Steve, Andrea & OWB Team.