Oops Design Hostel Reviews

50 Avenue des Gobelins, Paris, France

Superb! Staff v v friendly. Perfect for single travellers. usually someone to chat with in kitchen. dorm is ensuite, really nice bathrooms. Security of luggage room varies (sometimes wide open, other times need access from reception) Only small safe (not for backpacks) Nearby food is good and open late. 2 Metro stops within 2 mins walk. Small and intimate. You'll probably make acquaintances sitting next to someone at breakfast and go out together in the evening. Not for getting insanely drunk

The location was convenient enough and the hostel staff were super helpful! I wish that there was a proper place to leave my bags instead of just leaving them in the luggage room and hoping that they're still there when you get back. The lockers were often all in use and the beds squeaked if you even thought about rolling over. I also have the sneaking suspicion that the coffee that came with breakfast was decaffeinated.

Excellent Hostel! I would stay here again if ever I need somewhere to stay in Paris. Great environment, nice people, modern design, and clean. The beds are not the most comfortable so I would definitely carry my own pillow next time.

• 4th Sep 2014

Really nice place, nice staff, close to the metro but not as accessible as other areas might be, small rooms but nice facilities.

Easy to find, close to the Metro, friendly staff, nice and clean and air conditioning! Overall a great place to stay.

• 3rd Sep 2014

I stayed here for 16 days while looking for an apartment in Paris. The staff could not have been more helpful in extending my stay as I required to. A big thanks to Gabriel, Joaquin, Alberto & Joanna for your help and advice. I loved staying at OOPS! and will suggest it to my friends and family as a nice place to stay in Paris. A Bientôt!

• 27th Aug 2014
  • bagchibhai
  • India

I've stayed there twice, definitely recommend it. It is super well located and the staff was always very nice and willing to help. They have a baggage storage room and electronic lockers for your valuables (big enough to fit a 15" laptop). You can leave your stuff at the hostel when you check out (11 am) and come back for it after. Breakfast is good and there's always good music in the common area. And yes, the beds are squeaky but it's really not that much of a big deal.

Nice quiet hostel near Gare de Lyon and Notre Dame. Perfect for a quick stop over, not very lively atmosphere. Staff not the most helpful, but not rude.

Very friendly and helpful staff. Always happy to help us. Building itself was very small including our 4 bed room and breakfast area. Not sure if anywhere else in Paris is any better though. Kitchen is actually the room beside the hostel, it had spacious table area but also a very small cooking area.

Overall it's a very clean and we'll run hostel. The staff are helpful and friendly (especially Gabriel, the guy at the front desk during the night shift). Pro - good breakfast ( bread, croissant, cereals, tea, coffee). Ensuite bathroom is great! Cons- squeaky bunk beds - bring your earplugs. Small lockers outside room. Need to take the metro to the main tourist sites. Suggestions - a mini shelf by each bed to rest a phone and other small items that may be needed during the night.

Thanks a lot for your rich review! We are happy you enjoyed your stay. The beds receive maintenance regularly so that they are silent, we are taking care of it :) The lockers are outside the rooms so that our guests can use them after their check out. About our location, Paris has tourist sites throughout the city, so being close to the Latin Quarter means being a bit further from Montmartre for example. We loved your suggestion and it'll be studied thoroughly :) Merci again!

Overall it was pretty nice . Rooms were clean and the breakfast was good, but the bathroom would get flooded when you took a shower and the beds were pretty squeaky. They could have a better kitchen to cook in.

This hostel is located in the beautiful Latin Quarter. It's close to major metro stops. Their rooms are structured like hotel rooms, and the four-bed room we stayed in had its own bathroom! Lockers for valuables are located in the hallway. However, the hostel does not provide hand soap in the bathrooms. Overall, we had a lovely stay at Oops Hostel.

I liked the local neighbourhood area and being 5 mins walk from the metro exit, which makes me feel better getting back at night. Very nice/helpful guys on night shift (Gabriel etc) the others are so-so. Good to have the toilet en-suite and wifi works in the room. The more sedate vibe of the place suits me. Cons - the creaky beds

Very helpful staff. Location a bit far from the major sites.

• 9th Aug 2014
  • India

This hostel isn't in the best neighborhood, you have to get on a metro to explore, it is overpriced, you have to pay a deposit on a HAND towel, the beds make noise whenever someone moves so there was no sleep to be had, and it was very hot in the room. What I did appreciate were the free lockers, friendly staff and hotel-vibe of the place

• 6th Aug 2014

We are sorry for your review. Each room has its own A/C control, so you could've simply turned it on. Each neighborhood of Paris has its own charm, and we are located just by the Latin Quarter... so it's a question of planning ahead your trip. Our fares are competitive to other hostels in Paris (plus we have A/C, free breakfast, the design concept and we are by 3 metro lines), so we consider that your rating has no grounds. Housekeeping checks the beds regularly so they are silent. Kind regards

It's not located super close to all the attractions, but I really liked the neighborhood because I felt a lot safer. I wasn't as interested in partying in Paris, so this was a nice, quieter part of the city. It's also right next to two metro stops which makes it easy to get around. The staff were really helpful and answered any questions I had about transportation and how to get to certain locations. Air conditioning and good wifi access in the rooms. Plugs by each bed.

The design is very beautiful, small boutique, could even be considered hotel instead of hostel. Free lockers to store valuables, breakfast is good, location also excellent to Les Gobelins metro line and close to Place de L'italie and Gare de Lyon. The only con is the beds, they are very comfortable (stayed in a 4 bed female dorm) but are very noisy. If you or someone else turns around in the bed while sleeping everybody in the room wakes up and i'm not a light sleeper.

very Good

The hostel is a bit far from the center but there is a a metro a couple for blocks away. There are also plenty of places to eat nearby. Taking into consideration the overall expensiveness of Paris this is a pretty good deal for your money, even though the room is a bit small. One note, the lockers are pretty small and are located outside of the room.

The hostel was clean and it was nice to have a few people to share with and an ensuite. We weren't greeted amazingly, but other staff were helpful. Rooms are small but secure. Location was excellent. We walked to all the touristy places without having to use any transport. Area is safe and some good food close by.

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5