Oops Design Hostel Reviews

50 Avenue des Gobelins, Paris, France

The beds are rather too small as if they are "sheria beds"

• 3rd Apr 2014
  • Kenya

Nothing to complain about except the size of the towels for hire. I recommend you bring your own! Other than that everything was fantastic.

• 30th Mar 2014

It was a very ambient place. The location is safe in the Latin district with a bus just in front and two metro stations near.The staff was very helpful. Only one thing I was not so happy was the lack of personal lockers in the room. Lockers in the corridor is not enough for everyone.

Great place to stay, close to two metro lines. Really funky inside, the staff are super nice and helpful. Free lockers! Free breakfast! The only thing I didn't like was that they do not have pillowcases on pillows, they drape the bottom sheet over it. Other than that I would stay again.

I really loved days I spent there! Staff is very kind and helpful. I would like to back!

You are always welcome :)

4 bed mixed dorm was quite small, with not much room to put your belongings. However, rooms and bathrooms were clean. Lockers available in the hallways were good. Breakfast was standard continental. Staff weren't overly helpful, tended to give you the minimum information in response to your questions. Short walk to pubic transport which was good.

Excellent hostel!! The rooms are very nice as well as the whole hostel. Very good breakfast and atmosphere. The staff is very kind and always willing to help you. I would definitely recommend this hostel!!!!! Thanks for the pleasant stay!!!

• 13th Feb 2014
  • Argentina

We are really happy you enjoyed! Thanks for you review!

Met great people there, and the staff was always friendly and helpful, never had any trouble there, it was a calm and cool stay out of the vacation season.

• 12th Feb 2014

The matress of the beds were really messed up, like old and thin. The wifi didnt worked in the rooms and in the reception it barely wprked, really poor service. We only meet one guy of the staff, one with a french hat, a beard and a obbsesion with bach, he had very little disposition to anwser our questions, like he just didnt care. The kitchen is poorly equiped, they dont even have salt. In terms of safety the lockers were good but they were very few, so not every gest gets one.

• 11th Feb 2014
  • Chile

Hi! We faced some internet problems, but since you left we changed our internet and now it works perfectly. In our kitchen there is everything you need, including oil and salt. Probably you are referring to our canteen, which has tea, coffee and microwave (we don't keep salt there). About our staff, he is one of the favourites by our guests, so we let the other reviews speak by themselves. And you can always leave your valuables at the reception if we run out of lockers. Regards, Oops! Sta

facilities, staff, and service were amazing. the place is new, very clean, and well maintained. please keep it this way for as long as you can. location was pretty good. i must emphasize that the staff are very nice (columbian american girl, guy from paraguay were my favorites).

Good staff, good location and very close to metro . The only thing that bothered me is the internet problem. It's not good on the floors, signal is fair and always be lost. The rest, I think it's a lovely hostel that you can stay in Paris in a few days holidays.

• Turkey

Hello! We had some internet problems, but we finally changed our system and internet works perfectly now! Hope you come to check! A bientôt, Oops! Staff

Had a lot of fun, great people there

• 7th Feb 2014

Although I did not stay for that long, I must admit it was better that expected. The staff was very helpful and friendly, also the roommates were polite and quiet. Moreover, the entire hostel was perfect if you want to relax and sleep. On the other hand, the room was relatively small for 4 people and there were no lamps except for the main light. So if you wanted to wake up early and turn on the light everyone else in the room would also wake up.

• Greece

Great hostel! The interior looks very good. Showers are super clean. There was no kitchen so that wasn't so great. There was no fruit what's so ever for breakfast, but it's no big deal. Staff was very helpful. Oops! is located next to 2 metro stations, which is great! I would go again.

• 6th Feb 2014

Thanks for you review! There is a kitchen in the hostel, apart from the canteen :) We are glad you enjoyed! A bientôt, Oops! Staff

It is a very well located hostel. Some of the staff are nice and very helpful. Save for some roommates, people staying at this hostel were mostly weird. Breakfast is not bad (if you make it there before 9:30). Beds were terrible and internet was awful (almost non-existent). Shower was decent, had hot water and heating. Room had an awesome view of the Eiffel Tower! Kitchen only has a microwave.

Thanks for the review. Good news: we just changed the wifi system! Our kitchen has hot plaques for cooking, fridge and pans, you must have made a confusion with our canteen, where you find the microwave and the kettle :)

Loved the staff. They really went above and beyond the call of duty and went out of their way for their customers on multiple occasions during the 2 brief nights I stayed here. The facilities weren't anything to write home about, but they were clean and did what they were supposed to do. Surprising quick hot water & fantastic cereal were only icing on the already satisfying cake. Thanks Oops!

• 31st Jan 2014

Thanks a lot for your review, we are super happy with it! Hope to see you soon! A bientôt, Oops! Staff :)

I stayed in 4 bed room. It had clean bed and bath room. Breakfast is not bad. But I was little bit scare, because the bed didn't have a side board. I toss around in bed. If I'd fall from the top bunk...

• 31st Jan 2014
  • Japan

The internet was kinda slow but the breakfast made up for it !

• 25th Jan 2014
  • Belgium

This hostel is under the impression that colorful walls means personality. The only good experience I had with a staff member at the front desk was the guy who asked me if I had a good stay in Paris. Upon checking in I was neither greeted or welcomed. In general the desk staff treated me poorly or indifferently. I don't recommend this hostel if you're over 1.72cm (approx. 5'8'') because the beds are tiny. The bathroom door didn't lock and the shower flooded the bathroom every time.

Very nice hostel, with very nice and helpful staff, well served by public transports (metro Gobelins), with nice and clean rooms. Having a bathroom for every dorm is definitely a plus! I could never enjoy the free breakfast (I was going to bed very late and waking up late too) but it also adds to the value of the stay, I think. The Internet kiosks run Linux, and that's something I really appreciate. Totally recommended!

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4