Oops Design Hostel Reviews

50 Avenue des Gobelins, Paris, France

I've stayed there twice, definitely recommend it. It is super well located and the staff was always very nice and willing to help. They have a baggage storage room and electronic lockers for your valuables (big enough to fit a 15" laptop). You can leave your stuff at the hostel when you check out (11 am) and come back for it after. Breakfast is good and there's always good music in the common area. And yes, the beds are squeaky but it's really not that much of a big deal.

Nice quiet hostel near Gare de Lyon and Notre Dame. Perfect for a quick stop over, not very lively atmosphere. Staff not the most helpful, but not rude.

Very friendly and helpful staff. Always happy to help us. Building itself was very small including our 4 bed room and breakfast area. Not sure if anywhere else in Paris is any better though. Kitchen is actually the room beside the hostel, it had spacious table area but also a very small cooking area.

Overall it's a very clean and we'll run hostel. The staff are helpful and friendly (especially Gabriel, the guy at the front desk during the night shift). Pro - good breakfast ( bread, croissant, cereals, tea, coffee). Ensuite bathroom is great! Cons- squeaky bunk beds - bring your earplugs. Small lockers outside room. Need to take the metro to the main tourist sites. Suggestions - a mini shelf by each bed to rest a phone and other small items that may be needed during the night.

• 14th Aug 2014

Thanks a lot for your rich review! We are happy you enjoyed your stay. The beds receive maintenance regularly so that they are silent, we are taking care of it :) The lockers are outside the rooms so that our guests can use them after their check out. About our location, Paris has tourist sites throughout the city, so being close to the Latin Quarter means being a bit further from Montmartre for example. We loved your suggestion and it'll be studied thoroughly :) Merci again!

This hostel is located in the beautiful Latin Quarter. It's close to major metro stops. Their rooms are structured like hotel rooms, and the four-bed room we stayed in had its own bathroom! Lockers for valuables are located in the hallway. However, the hostel does not provide hand soap in the bathrooms. Overall, we had a lovely stay at Oops Hostel.

I liked the local neighbourhood area and being 5 mins walk from the metro exit, which makes me feel better getting back at night. Very nice/helpful guys on night shift (Gabriel etc) the others are so-so. Good to have the toilet en-suite and wifi works in the room. The more sedate vibe of the place suits me. Cons - the creaky beds

Very helpful staff. Location a bit far from the major sites.

• 9th Aug 2014
  • India

This hostel isn't in the best neighborhood, you have to get on a metro to explore, it is overpriced, you have to pay a deposit on a HAND towel, the beds make noise whenever someone moves so there was no sleep to be had, and it was very hot in the room. What I did appreciate were the free lockers, friendly staff and hotel-vibe of the place

• 6th Aug 2014

We are sorry for your review. Each room has its own A/C control, so you could've simply turned it on. Each neighborhood of Paris has its own charm, and we are located just by the Latin Quarter... so it's a question of planning ahead your trip. Our fares are competitive to other hostels in Paris (plus we have A/C, free breakfast, the design concept and we are by 3 metro lines), so we consider that your rating has no grounds. Housekeeping checks the beds regularly so they are silent. Kind regards

The design is very beautiful, small boutique, could even be considered hotel instead of hostel. Free lockers to store valuables, breakfast is good, location also excellent to Les Gobelins metro line and close to Place de L'italie and Gare de Lyon. The only con is the beds, they are very comfortable (stayed in a 4 bed female dorm) but are very noisy. If you or someone else turns around in the bed while sleeping everybody in the room wakes up and i'm not a light sleeper.

very Good

The hostel is a bit far from the center but there is a a metro a couple for blocks away. There are also plenty of places to eat nearby. Taking into consideration the overall expensiveness of Paris this is a pretty good deal for your money, even though the room is a bit small. One note, the lockers are pretty small and are located outside of the room.

The hostel was clean and it was nice to have a few people to share with and an ensuite. We weren't greeted amazingly, but other staff were helpful. Rooms are small but secure. Location was excellent. We walked to all the touristy places without having to use any transport. Area is safe and some good food close by.

Great hostel, the only problem i had was with one staff member brushing me off on a few questions but overall definately will stay back there!

The room was small for 4 people and The bathroom sink was clogged. But apart from that, my stay there was very pleasant. I absolutely loved the staff. They were very helpful with my requests and my bed was comfy. There was aircon so that helped ease with the hotness and stuffiness of the room. I shared the room with 3 other girls who were strangers to me but they we're very friendly and tidy so that enhanced my stay even more. It has easy access to famous sights as it's very close to trains.

clean and very nice private room... definetly would stay there again

It's Paris so you can't expect much for your money. Only annoying thing was that lockers are outside of your room (in a 6bed dorm) but hey great hostel otherwise

Thank you for your review. Summer in Paris is expensive but we do have one of the most competitive prices of our sector. There is a great reason for the lockers being outside the rooms: you can use them to keep your valuables even after you check out, and for free! :) Kind regards!

The rooms were spacious and very clean. Staff were lovely, not a lot of socialising in the common rooms but made fast friends with my room mates. Very close to met stations, staff was helpful with directions and any questions we had

• 23rd Jul 2014

Stayed here because I wanted to be within walking distance from Gare d'Austerlitz but it was a little further than expected (30 mins). Check in and check out processes were very quick, my only complaint is that there were no lockers left for your personal items (very small items, at that) and the quantity of lockers was so limited that you had to go to other floors to find them. Also, they didn't sell water, only soft drinks. Beds were fine, roomies were loud, wouldn't stay here again.

We are sorry for this review. We are 4 metro stops away from Gare d'Austerlitz on line 5. Water is drinkable from the tap, so that's why we don't sell water. Loud roommates can be controlled only with our guests feedback, so it is a pity you didn't come to the reception to talk to our staff. Kind regards.

The location is excellent which you can take metro to most places in the city easily. There are quite a number of good restaurants to choose from just along the street downstairs. However, the room is a bit too small and the variety of breakfast have much room for improvement. In short I would still recommend others to stay here as I met some great friends.

• 21st Jul 2014
  • Hong Kong

Having stayed at quite a few hostels on my trip from Australia, japan to Europe, Oops was the most average hostel I stayed at, it's not awful by any means, it's clean and it's secure. But that's it, it's not great value for money, the atmosphere is not great, and th staff are so so. It's an average hostel, but I guess that is all you can hope to in paris.

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5