Oops Design Hostel Reviews

50 Avenue des Gobelins, Paris, France

Excellent hostel, good breakfast included, bathroom ensuite, best attention from Gabriel (receptionist), always eager to help and presenting the best tips to enjoy Paris.

Everything was perfect. Except, I didn't see the handsoap in my bathroom.

• 12th Nov 2014
  • Turkey

Good value for money. Will come back again.

Great hostel, super close to a mall, three lines on the metro, lockers work (though they are outside the room, and electronic). There aren't any common bathrooms however, so if you get up at the same time as your roommates, you might have to fight for the shower. Overall, I'd come back!

This was a pretty nice hostel. We arrived around midnight and the staff at the check-in desk was extremely friendly! It was definitely worth the money for the one night we stayed there. I stayed in a dorm with 6 beds and bathroom attached. It was a nice size, although there was only maybe 2 wall outlets for 6 people. The bathroom was pretty clean and looked nice. The breakfast included a croissant and a bread roll with OJ, coffee, or hot tea. No protein. I would stay here again.

• 24th Oct 2014

Nice hostel. The rooms are quite small- when I stayed there was hardly room to put my backpack down on the floor somewhere where it wouldn't be tripped over.

Disinterested staff, squeaky beds, no real common area to hang out. Otherwise clean facilities and felt secure.

Small room, no comunal area. good location, next to 2 metro stations.

• 17th Oct 2014

For being a hostel this is expensive. In the kitchen you can not cook. (Or I just didn't find it out.) The rooms are crowded, but they are nice.

Nice hostel, good location, simple breakfast, private bathroom inside the room, everything ok

This hostel is great! Much better than I expected- wifi in the whole building, modern rooms with air conditioning, helpful staff and a general nice atmosphere. And they even have a good elevator (which I wasn't sure they'd have in Paris). Good value overall, I'd stay there again if I needed to. There was a mouse running around in the common room though, and two people in our dorm had to move because of bed bugs! Pretty sure we saw a bed bug in our room too, now that I think about it... :0

• 15th Oct 2014

Large and clean room. Nice welcoming. Good breakfast. Didn't stay enough to say about the atmosphere. Rather expensive for a bed still. Not possible to pay by card.

• 14th Oct 2014

I had very bad experience with the bed itself, which was small and not really comfortable. For breakfast we had 1 croissant and 1 small bread, same every day. No way to exchange croissant to bread or opposite. Towel is 2 EUR (with 8 EUR deposit!), but its size was only to clean your hand. No separate towel for face... Room and bathroom was extremely small. Hostel was close to metro station and it was at a nice area. There is no way to cancel second half of the booking, you can imagine why...

We are sorry to hear that you had a bad experience here. However, we have to recall you about some incorrect information. The breakfast has also fruit muesli and chocolate cereal, and it is free. Towels are small and we are providing bigger towels; however, if you want two different towels you can rent two towels, and it is quite cheap compared to buying a new towel in Paris, usually for €10. Our cancellation policy is 2-day. Kind regards, Oops staff.

Little lockers were great but nowhere to put big packs. Location was awesome. I love walking and walked in to St Germaine and home each day but there's metros and buses close. 4 bed dorm was quite small but beds comfy and ensuite great. Rooms got cleaned every day. Staff was helpful except 1 rude guy who made a big deal when I locked myself out of my room and he had to let me in. I would stay again.

It's a good place to stay in Paris, the room is good, breakfast was excellent. The only bad is the frige in next door kitchen is quite small with strange smell, and the bed was noisy when you just move a little bit. The traffic here is good enough. Next visit in Paris I would still chose here to stay.

• 8th Oct 2014
  • Taiwan

There needs to be an oven in the "kitchen" not just a stove top. Apart from that it was a nice stay

Stayed there for 3 nights. Cant complain about anything, nice staff, clean. It would be nice if there was a bar but apart from that great hostel !

• 6th Oct 2014

Lockers were not available inside the rooms, instead small lockers were available in the hallway of several floors without plugs for electronics. Rooms were somewhat small but as our room wasn't full most nights, we didn't have problems being in someone else's space.

They had some routine issues with the locks and sprinklers when I was there. Made for some awkward mornings. Great wifi and location. The staff were super helpful and located post offices and laundry facilities Close by. There's also a grocery across the street.

Good location and close to the metro that takes you into the main areas. Stayed here only for one night and it was fine for that. Nice, clean & modern. The room was small as was the bathroom (the shower especially!) but it was a nice hostel so it didn't bother me too much.

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5