Oops Design Hostel Reviews

50 Avenue des Gobelins, Paris, France

Nice hostel, good location, simple breakfast, private bathroom inside the room, everything ok

Large and clean room. Nice welcoming. Good breakfast. Didn't stay enough to say about the atmosphere. Rather expensive for a bed still. Not possible to pay by card.

• 14th Oct 2014

I had very bad experience with the bed itself, which was small and not really comfortable. For breakfast we had 1 croissant and 1 small bread, same every day. No way to exchange croissant to bread or opposite. Towel is 2 EUR (with 8 EUR deposit!), but its size was only to clean your hand. No separate towel for face... Room and bathroom was extremely small. Hostel was close to metro station and it was at a nice area. There is no way to cancel second half of the booking, you can imagine why...

We are sorry to hear that you had a bad experience here. However, we have to recall you about some incorrect information. The breakfast has also fruit muesli and chocolate cereal, and it is free. Towels are small and we are providing bigger towels; however, if you want two different towels you can rent two towels, and it is quite cheap compared to buying a new towel in Paris, usually for €10. Our cancellation policy is 2-day. Kind regards, Oops staff.

Little lockers were great but nowhere to put big packs. Location was awesome. I love walking and walked in to St Germaine and home each day but there's metros and buses close. 4 bed dorm was quite small but beds comfy and ensuite great. Rooms got cleaned every day. Staff was helpful except 1 rude guy who made a big deal when I locked myself out of my room and he had to let me in. I would stay again.

It's a good place to stay in Paris, the room is good, breakfast was excellent. The only bad is the frige in next door kitchen is quite small with strange smell, and the bed was noisy when you just move a little bit. The traffic here is good enough. Next visit in Paris I would still chose here to stay.

• 8th Oct 2014
  • Taiwan

There needs to be an oven in the "kitchen" not just a stove top. Apart from that it was a nice stay

Stayed there for 3 nights. Cant complain about anything, nice staff, clean. It would be nice if there was a bar but apart from that great hostel !

• 6th Oct 2014

Lockers were not available inside the rooms, instead small lockers were available in the hallway of several floors without plugs for electronics. Rooms were somewhat small but as our room wasn't full most nights, we didn't have problems being in someone else's space.

They had some routine issues with the locks and sprinklers when I was there. Made for some awkward mornings. Great wifi and location. The staff were super helpful and located post offices and laundry facilities Close by. There's also a grocery across the street.

Good location and close to the metro that takes you into the main areas. Stayed here only for one night and it was fine for that. Nice, clean & modern. The room was small as was the bathroom (the shower especially!) but it was a nice hostel so it didn't bother me too much.

Loved this hostel! Clean facilities, great location (less than a 5 minute walk to the metro), friendly staff, decent breakfast. Wifi is great throughout, and there are numerous restaurants nearby if you get in late and don't want to go too far! I needed to stay an extra night and luckily the staff was able to accommodate and permit me to stay in the same room :) Loved it, will recommend, and would stay again!

Merci beaucoup! We loved having you here as well, hope to see you around! Oops! Staff :)

This is one of the best hostels I’ve stayed at during my Europe trip in terms of cleanliness and atmosphere. It’s a bit far from the major tourist sites (it takes about 35 minutes by metro to get to Arc de Triomphe) but is conveniently close to two stations (Place d’Italie and Les Gobelins). Staff are friendly, welcoming and are happy to provide information on how to get around the city. Wifi is pretty good too. I made some great friends and memories here and would never hesitate to come back.

The hostel is near to Place d'Italie station, if you have a map of the tube in your hands you will arrive in any touristic location you want in about 15 minutes. The staff is quite attentious, I asked for information in the lobby several times and got useful and valuable answers. The rooms are clean in general, a roomate from Australia said she's got a bed with bedbugs and stayed in bed for about 2 or 3 days until she could get out, but i havent found any bugs in my bed. A goodhostel, in general

• 24th Sep 2014

Thanks a lot for your review! About the bedbugs incident, we have continuous treatment against them and unfortunately some people carry them on their luggage, but we act promptly so they don't spread. Hope to see you soon! Oops! Staff :)

Good hostel, however there were bed bugs in my bed, and I got bitten worse than draculas hoes

• 23rd Sep 2014

Hello Thank you for your comment. We would like to assure you that bed bugs are not the problem of our hostel because the are brought by the clients and a s soon as we know about this problem we react immediately and we treat the room. Regards Oops!staff

The rooms are way too small and shower gets the entire bathroom floor very wet! There are some small lockers available or when leave a luggage room. Breakfast is provided, nothing amazing but it is free. No wifi in rooms. First night upon arrival guy that checked us in was pretty rude and snarky. Other than that the other staff was not bad. All in all I wouldn't come back.

We are sorry to hear that you didn't enjoy your stay. Rooms have the typical size of hostels in Paris. The showers usually don't flood if the curtains are well put and we intervein reguarly so the drains don't clog -- as soon as you noticed the problem our housekeeping staff solved the problem in the following morning. About our staff we let the other reviews speak by themselves. About the wifi, what you wrote is not true, there is wifi in the rooms. Kind regards, Oops! Team

The staff here were very rude. I stood at the tool until one of the receptionists finished off his personal conversation to serve me. Everything else was ok.

Hello, Thank you for your comment. We would like to explain that it is normal to hear our receptionists having conversation because this is the way we communicate with each other and our guests. While changing shifts we exchange information and also we respond to our guests' questions, doubts. But we never forget to check in new guests neither ignore them so what you find rude is simply the way people(especially ones who work with a public) work. regards Oops!staff

We found this hostel genuinely great! Slept in a 4-bed room, it provided us with a great view over the city, clean and nice bathroom and excellent breakfast! Free luggage storage came as a bonus, as well as a lift since our room was on a 6th floor. Yay! :D Also not to forget kind people at reception desk and very useful tips on how-to-get-to.. at the reception. Hope to see you soon again Oops! :)

Thanks a lot for your review! Thank you for appreciating our hard work to make of our hostel a great place for our guests to explore Paris! Hope to see you again! Kind regards, Oops! Team

I only stayed one night and I spent the next day in the city but the staff was very kind and proactive, I'd definitely recommend to this place and would stay again. There are 2 metro stations around, also there's a supermarket and a mall a few blocks from the hostel.

No pillowcases (the pillows were wrapped in the bedlinen). And the bedsheets had stains!

Thank you for your review. We do provide pillowcases and the bedsheets are cleaned by a company, if you noticed that you could have asked for new sheets. Kind regards, Oops! Team

Squeaky bed frame.