Oops Design Hostel Reviews

50 Avenue des Gobelins, Paris, France

Loved the access to personal lockers. Excellent number outlets and USB ports. Perfect location.

• 20th Jul 2015

This was the second hostel I've stayed at in Paris and it is way better than the one I stayed at previously. Staff was really nice and helpful. They have a kitchen. It's very close to the station and a grocery store. I felt safe and there was air conditioning! 😍

All round pretty good no complaints

Hostel was nice and clean. 45min walk from Notre Dame and over and hours walk to Eiffel Tower but 2 metro stops within 30secs from the hostel. Check in is 4pm which is very late. I arrived at 2pm and been travelling all day and wasn't allowed to check in early, when I did check into my 6 bed dorm only 2 beds were being used. So even though there was 4 empty beds when i arrived at 2pm I still couldn't check in. A little common sense and customer service could of been used here.

We are happy for your comment, but the last part makes no sense: those four empty beds needed to be made up for check in because they were being used before. 4 people had checked out, 2 people stayed in the room. When you arrived, there were 4 fresh beds for you to choose in the 6 bedded dorm :)

Like a hotel. Excellent facilities, modern decor, A/C in rooms, wifi worked perfectly. Absolutely zero atmosphere, staff were competent but either neutral or cold and almost no socialising. Breakfast was very formal, plates of croissants/spreads pre-made and a man standing guard at the sink (asking for a glass of water was actually a struggle). Uses powdered milk for cereal! No fridge, kitchen minimal. Quite central and close to supermarket and metro. Good for a group who plan to be busy.

good hostel, excellent location in Paris!

Considering its Paris... This place is at an alright price. It's on top of the metro which makes it easy and has a kitchen and free breaky which is nice. The rooms had an ensuite and air conditioning which is always a plus for me. I'd recommend this hostel and would stay there again

Fine hotel-style hostel to stay in, but lots of families also staying there so there is no real atmosphere. but if you are fine being there on your own without a social environment it's a good location. cheaper area 9f Paris which means you can afford to go to cafes in the area, but walking distance to catacombs and Latin Quarter. Monika gives great recs!

I feel that for the amount of euros you pay to stay here the facilities are OK. Beds are rickety when you move one inch, though I appreciated the outlets near them. The rooms are small and fairly cramped and everything seems to be a little older. You either pay for tiny lockers or attempt to find space. It's very clean, but the staff could be a little more understanding of needs. Air BNBs are the best value for Paris as hostels run expensive and are mostly the same as this one. Sub par at best.

Oops isn't close to any sights, but it's in a nice area with lots of shops, restaurants, and eateries around. It's close to the Place d'Italie, so the metro connections are really good. You can probably find a cheaper place, but we enjoyed our stay and even had a window to the street so we could watch the fun below. I would stay there again.

Would most definitely stay here again and again!! Friendly staff, very clean rooms and a GREAT location. The metro is a 2 minute walk from the hostel and it's on a very quiet street with a lot of restaurants and cafes nearby. This is the best hostel I have stayed in! A little pricey but you have to remember that you are in PARIS!!!

Everyone was very friendly

• 10th Jul 2015

This hostel is very clean. The room was OK, AC is great with this heat. Too bad the staff was not very friendly. When I wanted to return my key and get my key deposit back, no one was at the reception desk; I had to wait 10mn without anybody coming and thus had to leave without being able to return my key. Breakfast is simple and not very tasty.

Hello, Thank you for staying with us and for your feedback. Our reception is open 24h. The fact that there was no one at the desk only for few minutes does not mean that we do not work well but we do work. If you were in a hurry and could not wait it was enough to plan check out earlier. A free breakfast which is served in our hostel might be considered us simple but cereals, bread, croissants etc are univesal and they respond to the tastes of almost all our guests. Best regards

It was great stay the staff very helpful I would definitely come back. The beds could use a little more coughing hard to sleep, other than that was excellent good location, definitely what you pay for :)

• 6th Jul 2015

Great hostel!

only positive about this property was the staff, hairdryer in toilet didn't work, there was chewing gum stuck to the bed frame and black stuff around their Windows. My plug socket the holes in it where to close togeather so I couldn't use it.

Hello, Thank you for staying with us and for your feedback. Hairdryers work properly – they work after switching on a light in the bathroom. There are adapters at the reception to rent if you weren’t able to use your socket. You could have asked our staff which is always happy to help our guests. Best regards Oops!staff

Definitely not worth the money! We stayed in a double room for 50€ per person and night that was shoebox size, bathroom as well. Location is alright, close to the Latin Quarter, Notre Dame etc. Conveniently located to Metro lines 5, 6 and 7 as well. Employee friendliness: Depended on who was sitting at the reception. One guy was nice and helpful, one girl could simply not be bothered. The breakfast was a joke: croissant/bread with prepacked jam. Atmosphere: There was none.

Hello, Thank you for staying with us and for your feedback. We just wanted to remind you that you chose to stay in a hostel not hotel so your expectations should correspond to what you chose. Bread, croissants and cereals are not a joke but breakfast which is already included and is thought to be basic. However, basic breakfast does not mean bad one. The size of the rooms is dictated by the architecture of Paris which impose the size of the rooms. Best regards Oops!staff

Rooms were nice and comfortable, easy with the power point and reading light beside each bed - although rooms were quite small (stayed in a 4 bed dorm) but it wasn't that big of a deal. Ensuite and shower were clean and worked fine. Nice hostel overall!

Good hostel, breakfast in the morning is a simple ( croissant and roll, jam and butter).. The location was okay, right near the pantheon in the Latin quarter but everything was pretty far away. Staff were nice, wifi always worked. Bathrooms for each room. , easy to get to on the metro.

The two guys at the reception desk was very kind and helpful.

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5