Opera Hostel Odessa Reviews

Deribasovskaya St. 8, Odessa, Ukraine

the atmosphere was bad, people almost fighting, but congratulations to Ann, she was the only good person on the hostel. I really liked here, very attentive. congratuulations to her!

I do not recommend booking with this Hostel. The location is VERY difficult to find, even with a working GPS. The instructions for finding the hostel are very vague. I booked 2 nights and made a downpayment, but simply could not find the hostel. Unless you know exactly where this hostel is located, I recommend looking elsewhere. I looked for hours and did not see a sign displayed. I had to book a different hostel.

I liked the hostel and would stay there again when I come to Odessa next year. But: 1) My locker didn't close. 2) A receptionist was quite drunk when I arrived... Though later I found out that both staff members are very friendly and they actually keep the hostel in order. 3) My bed was also too close to a conditioner's air stream so it was cold to sleep, and I couldn't find its remote control to switch the mode.

• 11th Jul 2014
  • Ukraine

easy and relaxed

I read about smell in someone's review.Maybe it caused due to closeness between kitchen and rooms.At first no good,I think maybe most people get used it soon.Tottaly facility is compact,rooms and common space is little bit small.But this hostel is a good location and cheap price.I think I can not complain about these things.

Great place to stay in Odessa. Great location and very nice people. The deluxe room is really good compared to what you could get in Ukraine, TV, wifi, individual bathroom, AC, and even a little fridge !

Before I went there I read the reviews and it's true there is a few people that can't speak english nut half the staff do so that helps and they are the ones that interact with you. The females on the staff they speak english and they are professionally friendly if that make sense. It is a nice homey atmosphere but no oven but you get free clothes washing. I like the lights per bed. Yeah the shower is like a corner shower but is reasonable enough and for the money you paid.

I think this hostel is in a very unique location being in the center of the most of the city's main attraction. And in this are it caters to most individuals taste. The public transportation is readily accessible to most all places of interest.