Opera Hostel Odessa Reviews

Deribasovskaya St. 8, Odessa, Ukraine

Very friendly, helpful staff and guests. Anna could not have done more to make our stay enjoyable. Very suitable for young people. We are in our 60s and found the rooms very basic but loved the atmosphere and excellent location so much it did not worry us. Thanks for everything lovely Ooera.

I have been staying there for 3 nights in the end of September 2014. The location is excellent - 2 minutes walking to the historical part and the central avenue (Deribasovskaya street). The room, sheets and towels were clean. There wasn't electricity for 1,5 days - no light, no hot water, no wifi. I was walking with a candle in my hand (though, it was a bit romantic). One night (on Friday) there was a party and it was very loudly till 3 am.

A decent place to stay. It is a smaller hostel.

I can say thatI was not surprise with kindness hostel staff treated me much like family. This is place where, I can take a short to walk to a very nice beach witch by the way is clean. I recommended this hostel to my friends and colleagues

the atmosphere was bad, people almost fighting, but congratulations to Ann, she was the only good person on the hostel. I really liked here, very attentive. congratuulations to her!

I do not recommend booking with this Hostel. The location is VERY difficult to find, even with a working GPS. The instructions for finding the hostel are very vague. I booked 2 nights and made a downpayment, but simply could not find the hostel. Unless you know exactly where this hostel is located, I recommend looking elsewhere. I looked for hours and did not see a sign displayed. I had to book a different hostel.

I liked the hostel and would stay there again when I come to Odessa next year. But: 1) My locker didn't close. 2) A receptionist was quite drunk when I arrived... Though later I found out that both staff members are very friendly and they actually keep the hostel in order. 3) My bed was also too close to a conditioner's air stream so it was cold to sleep, and I couldn't find its remote control to switch the mode.

• 11th Jul 2014
  • Ukraine

easy and relaxed

I read about smell in someone's review.Maybe it caused due to closeness between kitchen and rooms.At first no good,I think maybe most people get used it soon.Tottaly facility is compact,rooms and common space is little bit small.But this hostel is a good location and cheap price.I think I can not complain about these things.