Oporto Invictus Hostel Reviews

Rua das Oliveiras 73, Porto, Portugal

The place was pretty cool I guess, not amazing for a solo traveler, but good vibes...they should have some sort of meet up at night to make the lonely folks not so lonely...but not a bad place by any means

• 18th May 2015

Supper nice staff, but I guess they should have more socket.

Thank you very much :) We hope to see you soon

Everything is really good in the hostel, I definitely recommend!

Ohh..thank you :) We hope you very soon...best wishes from the Invictus Staff

I arrived very late at time, but the staff was really really nice. The breakfast was not too much, but a lot more than you find in other hostels! I slept very well, unfortunately i just stayed for one night.

O.K. Hostel, friendly staff, clean,but very noisy. The walls are soooo thin, you can hear everything. I would recommend it to people who are looking for fun and partying, not so much for people who are looking for a quiet place to sleep after walking around the entire day.

Nice and comfy place to stay in Porto. Not directly in the center, but close enough, everything you need is still in the walking distance. Really nice and welcoming staff.

The value for money was so much more than excellent!! Lovely room, comfy bed, super cute kitchen with a great view and gorgeous bathrooms! Lauretta was super welcoming, gave us a much better map than the one we had received at the airport and gave us tons of information on where to find what! GO THERE!!

• 13th Apr 2015
  • Belgium

thank you very much :) It was a pleasure to meet you and please come back :) Loreta

Pretty decent hostel in a solid location. Staff is helpful. I had a random request for a screwdriver and thank god they delivered. however, I did feel like I was being watched the whole time. Idk what it was. It wasn't the staff. Could just be the vibe. But overall a good hostel.

had a great stay and trip - thank you so much :-)

• 3rd Apr 2015

I went twice in this amazing place where you are welcomed as you are a member of the family..the big family of travellers accomodated with care and kindness; if i can return one day in Porto i will stay nowhere but in Invictus Hostel. Thank you so much for all! Muriel

It was a pleasure to have you here. We loved it and all the guests as well because you were always trying to help everyone, you are very special :) We really hope to see you soon :) Kisses, Loreta

Nice and friendly hostel.

We came to this hostel several time and we enjoyed it every time. The atmosphere is very cosy, the staff is lovely and helpful with any kind of problems you may have. You feel integrated at the first sight and the offer city tours from the hostel which is very pleasant. I would strongly recommend this hostel, as if I have the opportunity to go back to Porto, I would definitively go back there.

This is one of the best hostels I have ever stayed in! Everyone is so friendly and helpful here, the atmosphere is fantastic and the shared facilities are pretty decent too. The 8 person room is huge and includes lockers. They could have fit at least four more beds into it but I'm glad they didn't so there is plenty of common space left.

• 2nd Feb 2015

Lovely little hostel, full of good people and good place to chill. Don't need to walk far to get food or get your tourist fix, and if you need anything extra the guys are happy to help (you'll end up with a map with pen all over it showing you stuff to do, but that's a good thing). Also the guys who do the walking tour/pub crawl/port tours are all awesome, definitely recommend doing all three because by the end you feel like part of the family.

We loved it staff members are lovely (lithuanian girl gave us advice what we can visit , where eat, drink , she was very helpful and nice ) , showers and rooms are amazing!

This is the kind of hostel where you are welcomed like family and treated like a friend. I had such a great stay here. The staff are the most helpful ive ever encountered and really want you to have the experience you would expect. The breakfasts are nice and simple, the dorms clean and spacious, lounge area really cool and cosy and the location absolutely perfect. Its situated in a seemingly alternative area , five minutes walk to the main square. I would stay here again and recommend it.

• 17th Jan 2015

I had an excellent stay at the Invictus Hostel. Very nice people and the room I stayed in was in great condition and presented everything I needed.

I had an amazing stay at Invictus. It is clean, central and has loads of clean bathrooms. My bed was also very comfortable. The kitchen is also big and equipped with everything you need to cook (a rare thing at hostels in my experience...) The staff are amazing and super helpful. Both with party recommendations and especially when I was stressed out after losing my passport and missing my flight! Thanks so much guys!! 10/10 would stay again!

• 4th Jan 2015

nice location, people there are very nice and there is a good kitchen to use

• 18th Dec 2014
  • Taiwan

There didn't seem to be many hostel-wide activities besides the walking tours (which we went on and loved, by the way) and the pub crawl that we missed both nights, so that is my only tiny bit of criticism. But overall our stay was really enjoyable and we're glad we stayed at Invictus!