Orange Drive Hostel Reviews

1764 North Orange Drive, Hollywood, Los Angeles, USA

The staff were very helpful, having only just arrived in LA from Australia, this was the first place we went to. Only one blocks walk from Walk of Fame and catching buses around LA. Impressed.

• 13th Apr 2014

The location is perfect for hollywood literally a stones throw from the Main Street in Hollywood but you can't hear any noise at night so you can get a good nights sleep!Super clean and nice big airy rooms with comfy beds. Nice outside area and tv room. Free breakfast of pancake or waffles in the morning is appreciated and the staff are very friendly. Free, fast wifi. I would say it is slightly overpriced though.

Great location, clean rooms with lovely decor, free wifi that worked well. Not enough bathrooms it would appear, breakfast was a bit naff plus the kitchen was a little small. Doors slamming in the night but otherwise quiet.

We are a young couple who stayed here in the beginning of april. We liked the hostel and the staff, some of them more and less. The location was really good, two minutes walk to Hollywood boulevard and The walk of fame. There are a lots of restaurangs close by. It was also just a short drive to both universal studios and six flags.

• 6th Apr 2014
  • Sweden

The location is excellent, the staff was very friendly (thanks for the great restaurant suggestion!!), the waffles for breakfast were nice, the atmosphere is really relaxing. I would totally recommend this place!

• 5th Apr 2014

Breakfast says it includes creamer. We stayed for 2 nights and we never saw the creamer. Kitchen is to small and always a mess.

Great hostel we have changed our accommodation so we can stay here again when we're back in LA tomorrow night

• 31st Mar 2014

The location of this hostel is absolutely perfect! Hollywood Blvd really is just around the corner and there's an excellent access to public transportation so it's easy get around and go wherever you like to: metro station and bus stops are just a few-minute walk from the hostel what really made my trip. Thanks for all the maps and additional information/tips about LA. They were very helpful! Staff was awesome and very helpful!

I love the old Hollywood feel to the place so much, and how there are the old phones and furniture still in the place. Excellent location for visiting Hollywood, a couple blocks from the train (which you can take all the way from the airport), very clean inside, and felt so homey. Loved it. It's a lot of money for a hostel, but apparently not for one in Hollywood, and I'm so glad we chose it.

A wonderful place to stay we will happily come back.

The only diadvantage is the wifi connection a bit on the slow side. But overral the hostel was nice and quiet!

• 10th Mar 2014

Free breakfast, free internet, great location and staff are friendly and have lots of information about transport and activities. Bathrooms are private and clean and room was very spacious!

Generally speaking,it's Ok.

very friendly staff, perfect location, nice room

The facility is in desparate need of cleaning. A little paint and elbow grease would drastically improve its overall appearances.

• 1st Mar 2014

I have a huge pet peeve with the lack of outlets in the room! One outlet on each side of the room. The outlet on my side was below the bottom bunk bed, which I could not get access to. The other outlet was occupied by the women on the other side of the room. That left me going downstairs to the basement, even late in the evening in my pajamas, to charge my phone. Quite a ridiculous measure to have to take.

have no negative comments about this hostel but just a word with those who get to use the shuttle service ensure you have a firm agreement with them as i got told by hostel and lady at shuttle point the$$$ amount, but driver charged more when he dropped me off even though i argued the point--going back to LA airport no hassle thank you to staff for all your help and yummy free breakfast--best wishes

Excellent location if you want to be close to Walk of Fame, Dolby Teather, Chinese Teather in fact beside Hollywood Boulevard were all the cool stuff and bars are. In reception has a lot of documents that will help you with directions and number of buses that need to take to go to Santa Monica Beach or Venice Beach and other beautiful places. Nice Staff very helpful - Perfect hostal to relax not to party or drink - Clean - Wifi - Do not have lockers for backpacks or any suitcase.

• 15th Feb 2014
  • Panama

Free parking, one block from the TLC Chinese Theater on Hollywood Boulevard, and a variety of public transportation options - it is the ideal location to stay. It's located in a side street off of Hollywood Boulevard that's actually very quiet and nice. I would definitely stay here again.

I liked the neighborhood feeling I got even though you are right by Hollywood blvd. You might get a little turned around while walking thru the house, but it just added to the charm. There's parking behind the hostel for $5 (not sure if this was per night). I really liked the place

« first « Prev 1 2 3