Orange Drive Hostel Reviews

1764 North Orange Drive, Hollywood, Los Angeles, USA

I was really impressed by the friendliness of the staff. Pretty basic place, big old mansion with lots of halls and rooms. I really enjoyed sitting out on the nice outdoor patio because all the flowers were in bloom. I was able to walk to dinner, which was nice and convenient.

Awesomene location, super friendly and informative staff that are happy to answer questions. I had a private room but shared bathroom and both were clean, comfortable and well maintained. Couldn't beleive how good this place is for a hostel, great value for money, highly recommend!

• 26th Apr 2015

Amazing location and great value, loved our private room :)

• 22nd Apr 2015

This place is better than what you think of a typical "hostel". The service level and cleanliness is beyond expectation. Also, the location is just a minute away from Hollywood blvd. which I didn't know beforehand. Absolutely recommended!

• 21st Apr 2015
  • South Korea

Great hostel, highly recommended

• 17th Apr 2015

Very friendly, helpful staff. Nice peaceful hostel just around the corner from the madness of Hollywood Boulevard and the Chinese theatre.

• 14th Apr 2015
  • Scotland

Best hostel ever. I will return.

Stayed here on two separate occasions on my recent trip to the USA and would definitely recommend it! Its a well maintained old weatherboard mansion that is directly around the corner from Hollywood blvd and the chinese theatre. Its pretty cool walking around the corner from all the chaos of Hollywood to this house and feeling like youre in a completed secluded area. The staff are very helpful and knowledgeable. The facilities are fine and the place is kept very clean.

Excellent location, big clean rooms

Hello, We are happy that you enjoyed your stay. Thank your taking the time to write a review about our hostel. Kind Regards, Orange Drive Hostel

Excellent location for visiting Hollywood! But one of the staff is a bit wired...

• 5th Apr 2015
  • vavavalau
  • Hong Kong

Wifi was down a few days which was inconvenient. But sraff provided options so that was cool of them. Great staff.

Pros: Close to Hollywood boulevard and TCL Front door always locked Very nice and helpful staff Room was very nice Parking space around back Cons: Locks to room old and not very sturdy Small kitchen, with few places to eat Summary: Excellent place, would definitely stay there again :)

Perfect location 2 minute walk to Hollywood boulevard but far enough away that you're not right on the strip. Bus and metro stops really close too. Staff were really friendly and helpful organising trips and transport for us as well. Would definitely stay here again!

The floor creeks like an old house does and with the long hallways and several floors, it kind of makes it creepy in a cool way. Granted, I have an active imagination, but that's what made it exciting–imagining that I was in some sort of scary movie at night lol. Anyway, it's a nice little place to stay. Loved that they arranged an airport shuttle for me and were up and available at 6 a.m. to check me out. No complaints.

Really great place to stay. The staff were really friendly, loads of helpful information has been put together for guests, and the building itself and location are great. Would definitely stay again.

• 17th Mar 2015

I was very impressed with this hostel. The location is awesome and within walking distance of the major attractions. The Metro is a few minutes walk. The facilities were good and the host was very chatty and helpful. I would definitely stay here again if I was visiting LA.

The hostel is a beautiful building just a stone's throw from all the action on Hollywood Boulevard. The room itself was very nice and spacious, my only issue being the limited number of plug sockets (although I was unfortunate with my roommates charging multiple things continuously.) The outside areas are really pleasant and there were no issues with the bathrooms. I didn't feel that there was a huge amount of atmosphere, however this again may be more to do with the mix of people I my room.

We had the pleasure to stay in Orange Drive Hostel where we found an excellent group of people (from the management to everyone on this). Clear, clean with a great atmosphere of hapiness and service. Totally recomended !!!

• 13th Mar 2015
  • Argentina

The staff was very friendly and helpful, and the location couldn't be better! (A very short walking distance to the Walk of Fame, the Dolby Theatre, and the red metro line, that takes you downtown). Although you have to cook your own breakfast and clean the dishes after, it's a small hostel, so we never had to wait long, and you're given the batter (for pancakes/waffles). We booked a Twin Private Ensuite (private bathroom) and everything looked very clean and taken care of. I'll come back!

Really great location. Hollywood and all its attractions are right outside or for further trips, it's a five minute walk to the metro (shorter to bus stops). Travelers were friendly and respectful, staff was helpful, and rooms were clean. Wi-fi ranged from atrociously slow to moderately acceptable. Breakfast in the morning was the only neutral point (only instant coffee and waffle batter that didn't seem to cook right) -- but a small negative and lots of restaurants in walking distance.

« first « Prev 1 2 3