Orange Drive Hostel Reviews

1764 North Orange Drive, Hollywood, Los Angeles, USA

Great location in the center of Hollywood, but at the same time very quiet. Very very nice and clean rooms! The staff was a bit slow! Unfortunately we did not have air conditioning in our room.

• 28th Aug 2015

Everything was absolutely perfect while I was there. All the staff members were really friendly and helpful when we asked for advices. The hostel is really clean and the beds are comfortable. Thanks for the lady at the front desk we didn't get ourselves in a really dangerous situation because she warned us about that certain area we were planning to go. We are really thankful for that. If I ever gonna have the chance to come back I definitely want to stay in this hostel again. Thank you again!

$45 per night is way too expensive for packing 6 guys in a tiny room with bare minimum amenities and also sharing 1 super tiny kitchen with all the hostel.

• 24th Aug 2015

No air conditioning

Plugs by the bed and in the lockers, good showers, and great location.

I had a good experience, although it was summer and no air conditioning and in Hollywood the Temperature can reach up to a 105F/40C. Our room was a private one but the bathroom was tiny and not comfortable at all. Pedro, the receptionist was amazingly nice, although the woman a blond one that was at nights was extremely rude and treated me in weird ways while I parked my car. The ways she used to tell things was very rude and didn't like it at all. It's not a way to treat guests.

• 15th Aug 2015

This is a beautiful place. Nice staff and all the things you expect in a good hostel - good location, clean sheets, a kitchen to cook, free wifi. Only down sides for me as a solo traveller were 1) no atmosphere, super quiet (which is nice) but just nobody to mingle with. And 2) the rooms were really stuffy since they didn't have aircon and there's no cool breeze in LA.

One of the best hostels I've ever stayed in. Perfect location including ultra cheap parking, literally right behind the Chinese theatre. This is an old lodge that used to be used by stars in the 1940s so lots of original retro waitress the phone box being one of them. Lots of space in the female dorms and excellent pancakes and waffles for breakfast. Loved this place didn't want to leave!!!

• 12th Aug 2015

Loved staying here! You cannot beat the location, the building is lovely, the staff is great. Being able to pop down to the kitchen in the morning to make some pancakes is a huge plus too. :)

Pros: Awesome location between the Chinese Theater and the Magic Castle (what more could you ask for?); good private bathrooms; coffee/tea/hot water all day. Cons: No air conditioning on a hot day; wifi is weird, sometimes real slow other times fast; top bunks have no ladders so painful to climb up there. But overall the location takes it -- I would definitely stay here again.

I loved to stay in the hostel as it is clean, the beds are very comfortable, during night it is calm and a it's located at a perfect spot in Hollywood to go out and discover the nightlife in L.A. If I come back to L.A. I will definitely stay again in this hostel!

Excellent location

• 3rd Aug 2015

I loved the character of this hostel. Plus, it was a 2 minute walk from Hollywood Blvd and the TCL.

fantastic location just around the corner from chinese theatre on hollywood bve and almost next door to the tour buses.no aircon was a minus and it was noisy with traffic but earplugs fixed that. all in all great place to stay.

• 2nd Aug 2015

Excellent location, couldn't of asked for better. Atmosphere was very lacking, we imagined it to be a hub of livelyness being this close to Hollywood with lots of young people, but we were disappointed to find that it was the opposite of this, with many older guests. None of the provided DVDs worked in the DVD player. Breakfast was the most poor out of all of the places we have stayed in the 7 weeks we have been in the states, the waffle irons were very slow and left the waffles undercooked.

It was noce. I slept well and enjoy a lot!

• 25th Jul 2015
  • South Korea

Kitchen is small, but adequate. Waffles, pancakes and oatmeal for breakfast are included--also coffee, tea, and hot chocolate all day. Right around the corner from Grauman's Chinese Theater.

A very friendly and convenient place to stay, if you don't mind the noise at night from the street when sleeping, and the small ,crowded kitchen. This place could be perfect.

great location and chilled out atmosphere!

• 18th Jul 2015
  • Croatia
  • All Male Group, 25-30

Very well located, unfortunately we had a room between a public restromm and a public shower next to a noisy kitchen with people hanging around late and speaking loud. The beds were confortable though.

• 13th Jul 2015