Orange Drive Hostel Reviews

1764 North Orange Drive, Hollywood, Los Angeles, USA

Excellent place and staff are incredibly friendly and helpful. Always go out of their way to give you more info. Only complaints would be the heat as there are no aircon or even fans in the rooms which makes sleeping quite difficult. Location is excellent though and everything else makes up for the lack of aircon!

• 8th Sep 2014
  • Northern Ireland

I made so many friends during my stay here, it was in a perfect location and the staff were very helpful. My stay here was well worth the price i paid, and hopefully i will be back here next year.

• 31st Aug 2014

A great place to stay with the best location! So easy to get around with buses and the metro right on your doorstep. Staff were very friendly and willing to help you in any way they could. Only negative thing I have to say about our stay was that it was so hot in our room we could barely sleep at night, even if we had the option of renting a small fan for our stay that would have been a great help! Other than that, would go back in a heart beat!

I really loved to stay at Orange Drive Hostel. It was my first time being a hostel and I found the environment very friendly. Loved the staff (especially Laura) and all the tips that they gave to me about places to go. I've made a lot of friends there! Not to mention the free waffles in the breakfast and chocolate all day! The location is really good (1 block from Hollywood Blvd). My only complaint it was not having a fan in the dorms. At night was very very hot and a trouble to sleep :(

• 28th Aug 2014

Very nice hostel, friendly efficient staff. Good location in Hollywood and good facilities.

The hostel is located a stone throw away from Hollywood Boulevard! It's clean, tidy, spacious, everything we could ever need from a hostel! There were posters and information up on the noticeboards by reception about local events and activities going on in the area and the staff were very helpful. They also give you space in the kitchen to purchase foods and drinks for yourself which is a bonus!

• 26th Aug 2014
  • Wales

My stay was great - awesome location.

• 24th Aug 2014

I had an absolutely great stay at this hostel! The employees are so lovely and you feel comfortable and safe the whole time!

• 23rd Aug 2014

Very gooed location Nice hotel, friendly staff Breakfast is very poor

• 19th Aug 2014
  • Mixed Group, 41+

Whilst being close to Hollywood Boulevard (which is less of a positive than it sounds), there is little else to recommend this accommodation. The staff, barring one girl who looks like Tina McQueen from Hollyoaks, were quite rude. The whole place looks like it could do with a lick of paint and security leaves a lot to be desired as there is no safe room to leave luggage whilst awaiting check in. The temperature in the room is also very difficult to regulate, leaving you sweltering.

We're sad to hear you had an unpleasant experience. We are in the heart of Hollywood, which is a plus or a negative depending on if one wants to stay near all major tourist attractions. You may store luggage in the lobby room before check in and we have lockers downstairs to store valuables. We don't have air conditioning due to the historic age of hostel, we list this information on our website, so potential guests know this before booking a room. We appreciate your review, Kind Regards.

The place was really good to stay during our trip, close to hollywood blvd it's perfect to feel the atmosphere of the Walk of Fame. However one of the receptionist was not welcoming and we felt as we were disturbing her. We payed to be here, just remember that ! The other ones were nice. I particularly enjoyed the front and the private garden to spend time with people.

Hello, We understand you were tired and that you arrived several hours before the check-in time, but the reception cannot allow guests to sleep in the lobby room. The receptionist was trying to accommodate everyone's needs and conduct the business of check out as well as those checking in. We appreciate all of our guests and their choice to stay with us. Thank you for taking the time to write a review. We're happy you enjoyed the rest of your stay with us. Kind Regards, Orange Drive Hostel

Was in an Excellent location

beautiful girl checking in,they help us buy the ticket to universal studio ,and book taxi。feel very good!exceeding explanation!

• 10th Aug 2014
  • China

It would be much better if the kitchen had more space.

Perfect location if you want to do Hollywood´s tourist parts. Good rooms but thin walls so if you are sensitive to sounds this can be a problem. Nice and service minded staff. Would definitely recommend this hotell.

• 6th Aug 2014
  • Sweden

Brilliant hostel!! The location is amazing-can't believe how close you are to the walk of fame!! Check in was very easy and the room we stayed in (private twin with shared bathroom) had everything you needed and was very good for the price. Rooms were clean, staff were very friendly and beds were comfy and there wasn't a lot of noise.It was easy to arrange a shuttle to the airport and it was only about $17 so a lot cheaper than a taxi. I would definitely come here again!!

Orange Drive Hostel was amazing! The staff were very nice and informative about the hostel and things to do in the area. This was my first hostel in America and I can't imagine having a better experience. Hostel is completely safe and in a great location!

• 6th Aug 2014

I don't know how to use the air condition .(^_^)

• 2nd Aug 2014
  • Thailand

I wasn't in this hotel this year, but last year.

• 30th Jul 2014
  • Switzerland

i am ok without milk for breakfast, but if there were some instruction of pancake maker, that would be great

• 29th Jul 2014