Orange Drive Hostel

Fabulous 1758 Total Reviews
8.8
Fabulous 1758 Total Reviews

17th Apr 2017

Amazing location, right by the metro red line so perfect to get around downtown and Santa Monica if you don't have a car. staff are really great gave us loads of tips and advice for things to see. Room was lovely, breakfast is great, make it yourself also has a kitchen if you want to make your own meals. Feels more like a B and B than a hostel but perfect for a few days stop in Hollywood!

• Italy, Female, 31-40
16th Apr 2017

Great location, great place, very clean and comfortable. My only point would have been to add a curfew to the kitchen as it can get too noisy and people tend to use it at all time even during the night.

• theslothman
  • Australia, Couple, 31-40
15th Apr 2017

Fantastic location seconds from all the action yet blissfully quiet and comfortable. Very helpfull staff. Alejandro especially. Great facilities all functioning well with a decent breakfast free in the kitchen. Plenty of information in the foyer with free mints and pens plus you get a "beware if local scams" type info sheet which is invaluable to those who are new to the hustle of LA. I couldnt recomend this place enough.

• KaleighIrma
  • USA, Female, 25-30
15th Apr 2017

I LOVED THIS PLACE!!! Checking in, the woman was SO nice and helpful...but checking out someone else was super short with me and didn't even give me the chance to ask her questions like I was trying to. The location is perfect! Walking distance to the walk of fame, but far enough away that it was quiet for sleeping. My room was comfy and clean, my bed was phenomenal. It was better than my bed at home! I wish it was a little cheaper, but other than that I LOVED IT.

• Australia, Female, 31-40
15th Apr 2017

The staff are so friendly and helpful! Ready to go above and beyond if you need help. The location could not be beat with only just a few minutes walk from the action of the Hollywood Strip. Our private room was basic but comfortable and tidy although the walls are thin. Shared bathrooms were clean and plenty of hot water. Breakfast was basic but sufficient with oats, pancakes and waffles. This is not a party hostel. All in all this hostel was excellent!

• Australia, Female, 25-30
10th Apr 2017

Orange Drive Hostel is a little piece of paradise! I cannot recommend it any more highly! A special mention to Beatrice (front desk employee) - she was so helpful and caring. Really friendly and sincere. I stayed in a private room and it was gorgeous; I felt really safe and slept in peace on a comfortable bed. There was always a toilet or bathroom to use and it's generally very clean and inviting. There are free waffles and a selection of breakfast items which were great!

• England, Female, 31-40
10th Apr 2017

Hostel is in great location, literally 2 minute walk from Hollywood walk of fame and everything that surrounds it. Free breakfast is great. Only negative was our room which was right above the kitchen area which was very noisy from 6.30am every day and during the night, one night in particular at 3.30am. Ask for a room away from the kitchen area. Apart from that very nice hostel. We had a private room, bathroom was fine.

Thanks for taking the time to write a review about your time with us. We appreciate your feedback, and hope you will visit us again. Kind Regards, Orange Drive Hostel

• ashmarie87
  • Canada, Female, 25-30
8th Apr 2017
7.7

Very cute hostel located few minutes walk from Hollywood Blvd. The hostel was well maintained and very quiet for those who are looking for more of a relaxed vibe. I stayed in a private room which ended up being a bit more cramped than I had expected. It is a heritage building which is very cool but also aged in many ways, as well it has a cramped feel to it in some of the common areas (bathrooms, kitchen, TV room) and lack comfortable seating to watch TV or just chill. Overall, great place.

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience on HostelWorld. We appreciate your feedback, and we hope that you will visit us again soon. Kind Regards, Orange Drive Hostel

• Canada, Male, 41+
8th Apr 2017

JUST a fantastic place.

We are delighted that you enjoyed your time with us in Hollywood! Thanks for taking the time to share your experience with us on HostelWorld. We hope you will visit us again soon! Kind Regards, Orange Drive Hostel

• USA, Female, 41+
5th Apr 2017

This was a first experience for staying in a hostel. It was a GREAT stay, even though it was only 1 night. If I am in the area again, I plan to stay at the hostel [if available]. Stayed in a private room with private bathroom. It was just perfect [other than no TV in the room, but understandable as to why none]. The coffee was hot and perfect to wake up to, plus having the free waffles helped to start the day off perfectly.