Orange Drive Hostel Reviews

1764 North Orange Drive, Hollywood, Los Angeles, USA

Thank you for a great stay!

• 1st Jul 2015

It's nice there. I enjoyed my stay there.

• 1st Jul 2015
  • China

The staff are lovely and the hostel is clean and quiet. Thoroughly enjoyed my stay.

• 29th Jun 2015

The hostel is an extremely clean, well-maintained old Hollywood mansion. The location is absolutely central and convenient, but almost no street noise. I stayed in a 6-bed female dorm with bathroom, and it was very comfortable, safe and quiet. We could also access any of the numerous bathrooms in the building if our bathroom was occupied, which was very convenient. Pancake/waffle batter and syrup was provided for a cook-it-yourself free breakfast. The staff was extremely courteous and helpful.

Need stronger wifi.

Location is GREAT, just a 3 minute walk from union station. Staff is really friendly and helpful, and it is very clean. WiFi works well most of the time and even though the hostel is right around the corner of lively Hollywood Boulevard, it is very quiet and safe. It's like being in another world. The kitchen is very small, but we didn't use it for cooking, just for breakfast, it was ok for that. The house is a bit old, furniture outdated but who cares. It's a fine place to stay, we enjoyed it

• 22nd Jun 2015

Great location, very clean, and very kind and helpful staff. It's amazing because literally less than a block away, you have the super noisy and crowded Hollywood Boulevard and Hollywood Walk of Fame, but Orange Drive Hostel is very nicely sheltered from that. Bathrooms were very clean and the staff treated me well. One very tiny complaint I have is that breakfast options are very limited. It's pretty much just waffles and pancakes. Would have appreciated maybe some fruits and toast.

Great location, great service, great price!

very good localization (you can't be closer to the very center of Hollywood) lockers are outside of the room which is a bit inconveniencing friendly staff small kitchen and terrible breakfast it wasn't all bad and I would probably stay there again

Orange drive hostel was such a lovely place to stay . The location is the BEST location in Hollywood , it's like a two minute walk too the Hollywood boulevard so you could be out and about within an instance , but away from the noise of the hustle and bustle so you could get a good nights sleep . Breakfast faculties were good . Wifi worked really well , stretched to the back of the hostel and we had the best connection out of all the hostel we stayed at . Shower facilities were kept clean.

• 19th Jun 2015

Excellent Location!

Location right next to Hollywood Blvd. but the street is quiet. Nice building.

Location is in the very heart of Hollywood. Location was perfect. I stayed individual room so I can not comment on the dorm rooms. There was no hanger in my room to hang your clothes.

Hello, Thank you for reviewing our hostel. We appreciate your feedback and will add more hangers to our rooms. Kind Regards, Orange Drive Hostel

Would have loved to have some milk at breakfast, otherwise a fantastic place, I will definitely stay again!

Customer service was great. Very helpful with all enquiries. Location wise it is probebly the best spot you could ask for. More onsite showers would have been great

• 7th Jun 2015

The staff was super friendly and came outside to help find parking :)

Before I arrived in Los Angeles I wasn't sure what to expect when staying at a hostel, but I didn't have to worry, it was a fantastic experience. It was in a great location just of the Hollywood Blvd, the staff were excellent and very helpful, and I met some really lovely people who I was sharing the room with. This had been my first visit to Los Angeles and California, and the whole experience was something that will stay with me forever. Thank you Orange Drive Hostel p.s WiFi a bit slow.

• 5th Jun 2015

For a larger hostel in a super-touristy area, this hostel had a nice, relaxed vibe. The cute house makes it feel homey. Bunks were wooden and not noisy. Facilities were clean and modernized. I'm really not a fan of Hollywood Boulevard and all its tackiness (I was staying here because I went to a concert at the Hollywood Bowl), but this hostel provides a good base to explore cooler areas nearby -- Los Feliz, East Hollywood, the hills, Silver Lake, West Hollywood, etc.

Wicked place with great staff and coll rooms, really clean. That part of town is full of crazy people but this joint is awesome. WIFI was a little sketchy but that's my only gripe.

• 3rd Jun 2015

I have been in many hostels all around the world and I have got to say that I liked this one very much. Pretty clean, nice atmosphere and the thing about the pancakes it's true! It is so nice to make your home pancakes in the morning and also the dough was sooo good! The only negative thing was the wifi, it didn't work in the rooms and I often had to stay in the kitchen or the stairs (but that was not good either and many people were passing while I was skyping!). Also, very good location!

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4