Orange Drive Hostel Reviews

1764 North Orange Drive, Hollywood, Los Angeles, USA

Great place to stay. So close to all the action but felt so far away. Very quiet, clean and safe. Staff were very nice and helpful. Definitely recommend staying here if you are a busy traveller that spends most time out and about.

We stayed two nights in this beautiful Hostel. The building was erected in the 1920th and so everything is a little bit old fashioned but charming and clean. We loved to sit outside at the patio for breakfast (pancakes/waffles are included, also coffee/tee and cereals but no milk :/) and dinner. When you leave the hostel and turn left you already can see the Hollywood Blvd and the Chinese Theatre. The staff was always friendly and tried to help us with all our questions. We definitely recommend

The location is great, but others are so so.

Perfect location if you're going to a show at the Hollywood Bowl, hiking to the Griffith Observatory, or hanging out on the Hollywood Walk of Fame! We had a rental car, so the $5 daily parking behind the hostel was extremely helpful. Facilities were clean and the free waffle breakfast was delicious! Highly recommended.

• 13th Sep 2014

Stayed here for 6 days had a great time. People were friendly and had a nice vibe to the hostel. In a great spot so easy to wander around hollywood blvd etc. It did get really hot @ night but thats the only bad thing. And kitchens really small so didnt try and cook. But fresh and easy is close and loads of places to eat. Staff where very friendly. I would stay again. Really good hostel with good tradition. Thanks Guys enjoyed LA much more this time around.

The room is too stuffy!! Install fans of something!!

Excellent place and staff are incredibly friendly and helpful. Always go out of their way to give you more info. Only complaints would be the heat as there are no aircon or even fans in the rooms which makes sleeping quite difficult. Location is excellent though and everything else makes up for the lack of aircon!

• 8th Sep 2014
  • Northern Ireland

Such a lovely hostel!! Location was awesome and staffs are friendly :) They have free breakfast service in the morning. You can make waffles or pancakes there..It depends but you might better go eat earlier (like 6 or 7) if you don't want to eat in a crowded kitchen. Landry costs $5 everytime which might be a little bit expensive but others are awesome for me!! I would definitely love to stay here again!!

• 4th Sep 2014
  • Japan

A lovely place to stay. Nice and peaceful in the madness of Hollywood and really lovely staff. Nothing fancy, so don´t come with really high expectations but it is definitely a nice place to stay in LA.

I had a very enjoyable stay

• 31st Aug 2014

I made so many friends during my stay here, it was in a perfect location and the staff were very helpful. My stay here was well worth the price i paid, and hopefully i will be back here next year.

• 31st Aug 2014

A great place to stay with the best location! So easy to get around with buses and the metro right on your doorstep. Staff were very friendly and willing to help you in any way they could. Only negative thing I have to say about our stay was that it was so hot in our room we could barely sleep at night, even if we had the option of renting a small fan for our stay that would have been a great help! Other than that, would go back in a heart beat!

I really loved to stay at Orange Drive Hostel. It was my first time being a hostel and I found the environment very friendly. Loved the staff (especially Laura) and all the tips that they gave to me about places to go. I've made a lot of friends there! Not to mention the free waffles in the breakfast and chocolate all day! The location is really good (1 block from Hollywood Blvd). My only complaint it was not having a fan in the dorms. At night was very very hot and a trouble to sleep :(

• 28th Aug 2014

Very nice hostel, friendly efficient staff. Good location in Hollywood and good facilities.

The hostel is located a stone throw away from Hollywood Boulevard! It's clean, tidy, spacious, everything we could ever need from a hostel! There were posters and information up on the noticeboards by reception about local events and activities going on in the area and the staff were very helpful. They also give you space in the kitchen to purchase foods and drinks for yourself which is a bonus!

• 26th Aug 2014
  • Wales

My stay was great - awesome location.

• 24th Aug 2014

I had an absolutely great stay at this hostel! The employees are so lovely and you feel comfortable and safe the whole time!

• 23rd Aug 2014

Very gooed location Nice hotel, friendly staff Breakfast is very poor

• 19th Aug 2014
  • Mixed Group, 41+

Whilst being close to Hollywood Boulevard (which is less of a positive than it sounds), there is little else to recommend this accommodation. The staff, barring one girl who looks like Tina McQueen from Hollyoaks, were quite rude. The whole place looks like it could do with a lick of paint and security leaves a lot to be desired as there is no safe room to leave luggage whilst awaiting check in. The temperature in the room is also very difficult to regulate, leaving you sweltering.

We're sad to hear you had an unpleasant experience. We are in the heart of Hollywood, which is a plus or a negative depending on if one wants to stay near all major tourist attractions. You may store luggage in the lobby room before check in and we have lockers downstairs to store valuables. We don't have air conditioning due to the historic age of hostel, we list this information on our website, so potential guests know this before booking a room. We appreciate your review, Kind Regards.

The place was really good to stay during our trip, close to hollywood blvd it's perfect to feel the atmosphere of the Walk of Fame. However one of the receptionist was not welcoming and we felt as we were disturbing her. We payed to be here, just remember that ! The other ones were nice. I particularly enjoyed the front and the private garden to spend time with people.

Hello, We understand you were tired and that you arrived several hours before the check-in time, but the reception cannot allow guests to sleep in the lobby room. The receptionist was trying to accommodate everyone's needs and conduct the business of check out as well as those checking in. We appreciate all of our guests and their choice to stay with us. Thank you for taking the time to write a review. We're happy you enjoyed the rest of your stay with us. Kind Regards, Orange Drive Hostel