Orange Drive Hostel Reviews

1764 North Orange Drive, Hollywood, Los Angeles, USA

Perfect location 2 minute walk to Hollywood boulevard but far enough away that you're not right on the strip. Bus and metro stops really close too. Staff were really friendly and helpful organising trips and transport for us as well. Would definitely stay here again!

The floor creeks like an old house does and with the long hallways and several floors, it kind of makes it creepy in a cool way. Granted, I have an active imagination, but that's what made it exciting–imagining that I was in some sort of scary movie at night lol. Anyway, it's a nice little place to stay. Loved that they arranged an airport shuttle for me and were up and available at 6 a.m. to check me out. No complaints.

Really great place to stay. The staff were really friendly, loads of helpful information has been put together for guests, and the building itself and location are great. Would definitely stay again.

• 17th Mar 2015

I was very impressed with this hostel. The location is awesome and within walking distance of the major attractions. The Metro is a few minutes walk. The facilities were good and the host was very chatty and helpful. I would definitely stay here again if I was visiting LA.

The hostel is a beautiful building just a stone's throw from all the action on Hollywood Boulevard. The room itself was very nice and spacious, my only issue being the limited number of plug sockets (although I was unfortunate with my roommates charging multiple things continuously.) The outside areas are really pleasant and there were no issues with the bathrooms. I didn't feel that there was a huge amount of atmosphere, however this again may be more to do with the mix of people I my room.

We had the pleasure to stay in Orange Drive Hostel where we found an excellent group of people (from the management to everyone on this). Clear, clean with a great atmosphere of hapiness and service. Totally recomended !!!

• 13th Mar 2015
  • Argentina

The staff was very friendly and helpful, and the location couldn't be better! (A very short walking distance to the Walk of Fame, the Dolby Theatre, and the red metro line, that takes you downtown). Although you have to cook your own breakfast and clean the dishes after, it's a small hostel, so we never had to wait long, and you're given the batter (for pancakes/waffles). We booked a Twin Private Ensuite (private bathroom) and everything looked very clean and taken care of. I'll come back!

Really great location. Hollywood and all its attractions are right outside or for further trips, it's a five minute walk to the metro (shorter to bus stops). Travelers were friendly and respectful, staff was helpful, and rooms were clean. Wi-fi ranged from atrociously slow to moderately acceptable. Breakfast in the morning was the only neutral point (only instant coffee and waffle batter that didn't seem to cook right) -- but a small negative and lots of restaurants in walking distance.

Good facilities and great staff. Helped us with good local knowledge and getting the most out of our time. Thanks guys!!

They were really helpful in accommodating our needs for a double bed.... the room and location was great!

I really enjoyed my time at Orange Drive Hostel. The staff were extremely friendly and helpful, and the hostel itself was beautiful. Lots of charm! If I return to LA, I would absolutely stay there again.

Great location and helpful people! Bathrooms can be a bit of a squeeze. Not so much a hostel to meet new people with events but overall, a great place to stay!

Great hostel right on Hollywood. Staff were very helpful and informative on places to go and things to see. Car parking is a real bonus at only $5 per day. Would definitely return!

• 8th Feb 2015

First of all, very very nice staffs :) Room and bathrooms were clean, good location, and it was quiet that I could sleep well

• 5th Feb 2015
  • South Korea

This hostel was great. It was in a fantastic location, right off Hollywood Boulevard (literally a 30 second walk!). There was also two grocery stores close by too. Reception had a whole heap of print outs on what to do in LA, transport options, tours and were very friendly and helpful to assist with these. Shower had great pressure and was nice and hot (and clean!). Wifi was very slow in the bedroom. Hostel had lovely atmosphere. Free pancakes and waffles for breakfast too.

Hello, We are happy that you enjoyed your stay with us! Thank you for taking the time to write a review. Kind Regards, Orange Drive Hostel

Very nice place and very nice staff - everything was enjoyable. Thank you all !!

• 1st Feb 2015

Hello, Thank you for writing a review about our hostel. We are very happy that you enjoyed your stay with us. We hope to see you again. Kind Regards, Orange Drive Hostel

Fantastic location, close to everything! Kitchen facilities were great, rooms were clean and staff friendly and happy to help.

Excellent hostel, pretty good located, friendly and helpful staff!! Our room was cozy and was upgraded from a shared bathroom to a ensuite one without notice! ;)

• 24th Jan 2015
  • Chile

Great 1 night stay on my way to Central America. Desk staff were genuinely friendly and helpful. Relatively easy to get to from LAX. I took the flyaway to Union Station and Metro red line to Hollywood/Highland for $10 total. Great location and surprisingly quiet given how close it is to Hollywood Blvd.

The staff was really friendly & went out of her way to help us. Location was EXCELLENT & the hostel created a feeling of comfort. I would definately recommend this hostel for all ages.

• 15th Jan 2015