Orange Drive Hostel Reviews

1764 North Orange Drive, Hollywood, Los Angeles, California, USA

Great place, conveniently located. Stayed for 3 nights. Central to both west Hollywood and downtown LA. Clean and friendly staff a bonus. Would definitely book again.

• 26th Jan 2014

I always stay at Orange Drive Hostel because they are simply the best in Hollywood. Best staff, best folks, best location, best service.

• 21st Jan 2014

Thank you for the wonderful review! We hope to see you again soon. Best Wishes, Orange Drive Hostel

I really enjoyed my stay at this cool old house. I would love to stay again. It has a great location!

• 21st Jan 2014

We're Happy you enjoyed your stay! And we hope to see you again. Best Wishes, Orange Drive Hostel

Great location!! 1 block from the main street (Hollywood boulevard). Very clean, safe to walk around by yourself at night (23yo female). Staff were very accommodating and friendly. Not a party hostel, more like a massive BnB. Nice & quiet & very safe. Hot water, clean bedding, hand soap, towels, great wifi, great kitchen & has own ATM inside. Hostel has lots of printed information about what to do & how to get places in LA. Kept my luggage during the day while i shopped & caught my transfer.

• 20th Jan 2014

Hello, Thanks for the wonderful review! It always makes us happy to know that a guest enjoyed their stay with us, and we appreciate the time you took to write a review. Kind Regards, Orange Drive Hostel

enjoyed my stay here. lovely old building, very spacious rooms, shared with five other girls who were lovely and very friendly. very close to hollywood where there is loads to do. hostel provided free coffee and pancakes each morning, lockers and laundry facilities. recommended.

Location couldn't be better. The hostel is clean, decent, friendly and helpful. At times, the wifi wouldn't go all the way to the rooms, so we would need to awkwardly sit at the reception to look at emails, so there wasn't any privacy really when going online.

Hello, We apologize for the wifi problems you experienced while staying with us. We have recently upgraded our wireless and it now works in all areas of the hostel. Thank you for taking the time to write a review. Kind Regards, Orange Drive Hostel

Really great value for money place to stay close to Hollywood Boulevard, clean and comfy. If you're looking to check out the Hollywood strip, this place comes highly recommended.

Hello, We appreciate your review and we are delighted that you enjoyed your stay with us! Best Wishes, Orange Drive Hostel

Excellent location right near Broadway. Rooms were a good size & very clean. Hostel had a really cosy feel & the staff were extremely helpful. No complaints at all. Thanks for the stay!

Thanks for taking the time to review us! We appreciate your feedback, and are happy that you enjoyed your stay with us! Kind Regards, Orange Drive Hostel

The staff arguing with you about not refunding your money even though you have given her 24hr advance notice. The excuse was she could not find someone else to take my place on time, so that became my problem. That was the stupidest thing ever anyone has said to me.

Hello, All business have certain policies in place, and sometimes we have to wait for a management response. It's unfortunate that you wrote this review before we resolved your situation, but we were able to refund your money. And we are pleased that you were happy with you situation during check out. Kind Regards, Orange Drive Hostel

The location is great, and the staffs are very nice!

• 31st Dec 2013
  • China

Very nice old house converted to a hostel. Just 5 minutes walk to Hollywood Blvd and a Fresh n Easy super market great location. Front desk staff are very helpful and hostel is very clean. Only draw back seemed to be a bit limited in atmosphere and socially a bit quiet otherwise highly recommended!

I think this hostel is pretty good. It just needs to add some activities like small parties. otherwise, I loved my stay there.

• 26th Dec 2013
  • Iraq

The location was good but you still have to take subways and buses just because LA is a big city. The hostel is right in the middle of hollywood, so it is quite safe and lively. You have access to good restaurants and shops. The hostel itself was good, too. There are many restrooms so you don't have to wait at all. Rooms are kept tidy and clean. However, if you are looking for some kind of "friendly" atmosphere, orange manor might not be a good option cause it is more of a hotel than hostel.

Thank you for taking the time to review our hostel. We love getting feedback from our guests so we can continue to improve our service. Kind Regards, Orange Drive Hostel

The location is perfect. It is close to Hollywood. But wifi there is sloww.....

Lovely hostel in a great location. If you want to see everything Hollywood, this is the place for you. They offer $5 car parking too if you want to see more of LA which was good. Staff were keen to help and all facilities were very clean and good. Free breakfasts were offered and rooms were of a decent size. Only criticism was that it felt a bit more like a B&B than a hostel, but that isn't all bad when you're tired and just want to sleep.

Nice, clean place to stay with comfy beds and lots of room. The free breakfast was great and was useful to have a kitchen but cooking options are limited. The staff were very friendly and helpful and it's super close to prime locations in West Hollywood. Only downside was the wifi being hit

Just a perfect hostel! I was traveling by myself I felt really safe and I had a rental car I just paid 5$ for 24h parking, just behind the hostel. You walk 3min and you are on the first star on the walk of fame so perfect location, I woke up one morning and walk 5min and just saw Ben stiller, amazing! Staff are really nice they helped me to book a show. You have lot of space in the room and the hostel is in fact a big house with lots of history.

Great hostel in an excellent location. We stayed in a private room which was very comfortable and in close proximity to the shared bathrooms, which were always very clean. Wifi was free and fast. The best thing about the hostel was the location. It was only a few minutes walk to the Walk of Fame, and close to bus stops and the Hollywood Highland metro stop. Would definitely recommend this hostel.

• 1st Dec 2013

Loved our stay! Fantastic location so close to Hollywood blv. Free breakfast (oatmeal & pancakes) lovely facilities! Would 100% recommend. They also stored our luggage for the day after check out & organised our airport shuttle!

Enjoyed our stay! Definitely coming back if we ever travel to the Hollywood area again.

• 28th Nov 2013