Orange Drive Hostel Reviews

1764 North Orange Drive, Hollywood, Los Angeles, USA

Location is in the very heart of Hollywood. Location was perfect. I stayed individual room so I can not comment on the dorm rooms. There was no hanger in my room to hang your clothes.

Hello, Thank you for reviewing our hostel. We appreciate your feedback and will add more hangers to our rooms. Kind Regards, Orange Drive Hostel

Would have loved to have some milk at breakfast, otherwise a fantastic place, I will definitely stay again!

Customer service was great. Very helpful with all enquiries. Location wise it is probebly the best spot you could ask for. More onsite showers would have been great

• 7th Jun 2015

The staff was super friendly and came outside to help find parking :)

Before I arrived in Los Angeles I wasn't sure what to expect when staying at a hostel, but I didn't have to worry, it was a fantastic experience. It was in a great location just of the Hollywood Blvd, the staff were excellent and very helpful, and I met some really lovely people who I was sharing the room with. This had been my first visit to Los Angeles and California, and the whole experience was something that will stay with me forever. Thank you Orange Drive Hostel p.s WiFi a bit slow.

• 5th Jun 2015

For a larger hostel in a super-touristy area, this hostel had a nice, relaxed vibe. The cute house makes it feel homey. Bunks were wooden and not noisy. Facilities were clean and modernized. I'm really not a fan of Hollywood Boulevard and all its tackiness (I was staying here because I went to a concert at the Hollywood Bowl), but this hostel provides a good base to explore cooler areas nearby -- Los Feliz, East Hollywood, the hills, Silver Lake, West Hollywood, etc.

Wicked place with great staff and coll rooms, really clean. That part of town is full of crazy people but this joint is awesome. WIFI was a little sketchy but that's my only gripe.

• 3rd Jun 2015

I have been in many hostels all around the world and I have got to say that I liked this one very much. Pretty clean, nice atmosphere and the thing about the pancakes it's true! It is so nice to make your home pancakes in the morning and also the dough was sooo good! The only negative thing was the wifi, it didn't work in the rooms and I often had to stay in the kitchen or the stairs (but that was not good either and many people were passing while I was skyping!). Also, very good location!

Clean and secure hostel set in a property with history and character. Great location and helpful staff as well as good value for money. Recommend staying here and we will be booking again if we are back in LA

great location, so close to metro, buses and hollywood. good info on what public transport needed to visit different attractions, fun breakfast (make your own waffles) nice kitchen, helpful staff. matresses and pillows a little firm, and the tiny en-suite had a wobbley toilet that needs repair--but hey, we had an en-suite!

Hello, Thank you for for reviewing our hostel. We really appreciate all your comments and suggestions so that we can continue to provide the best stay possible for all of our guests. Kind Regards, Orange Drive Hostel

Perfect location. Comfort bed. Clean room. But my room was at the basement near a stair, it's quite noisy when people going up and down.

Hello, We appreciate all your comments and suggestions. Thank you for taking the time to write a review and helping us improve our hostel. Kind Regards, Orange Drive Hostel

The location was very good, just 2 minutes to the walk of fame and the Dolby Theater. The poor thing was the kitchen and the breakfast. There were only 2 cooking places, 2 waffle irons and just one sink, which is definitely not enough for a hostel in this size.

Hello, The hostel's kitchen is small and we apologize for the inconvenience. The hostel is a historic manor home, built over 100 years ago, so the kitchen area isn't very large. We hope that you enjoyed your stay and we appreciate you taking the time to write a review. Kind Regards, Orange Drive Hostel

Excellent hostel, very clean, great location with helpful friendly Staff.

• 15th May 2015

Cool hostel. The building itself was awesome seemed like a historical building.

Love the place, classic American house, well kept, 2 mins walk to Hollywood boulevard, free breakfast

Great place, great location. :)

The location is great! Two minutes from The Walk of Fame by walking. The staff is friendly and really helpful. There is a free breakfast (waffles). The WI-FI didn't work in my room. There is a park for 5 dollars. I stayed in a Double Income Room and it looks like a regular Hotel. My only complain is that there is no entertainment schedule, I mean, you don't meet the other travellers.

I was really impressed by the friendliness of the staff. Pretty basic place, big old mansion with lots of halls and rooms. I really enjoyed sitting out on the nice outdoor patio because all the flowers were in bloom. I was able to walk to dinner, which was nice and convenient.

Very nice room with very clean bathrooms "which were shared in our case", location is very near to Universal studios and walking distance to the Hollywood walk of fame...Also very close to a lot of restaurants and shops. The breakfast is as mentioned and it is good that they are providing it but I would suggest to add more varieties since waffles only isn't enough to be considered as a nice breakfast meal but thanks again.

Awesomene location, super friendly and informative staff that are happy to answer questions. I had a private room but shared bathroom and both were clean, comfortable and well maintained. Couldn't beleive how good this place is for a hostel, great value for money, highly recommend!

• 26th Apr 2015