Orange Hostel Krakow Reviews

ul. Dietla 64, Krakow, Poland

The instructions to get to the hostel from the train station were wrong so it took us very long to get there... Perhaps you should update them! And use more signage in your building because we didn't know where to go once we were there :) other than that, great stay.

• 6th Dec 2015

Good lockers under the bed. Nice mattresses. Staff werr helpful. A 10 minute walk to the old town. Atmosphere wasn't amazing, but i was there in Winter. It would be greatif the showers werent push buttons. Good cooking facilities. Good for the money overall.

I arrived early in the morning but hostel staff was so nice that they were able to check me in in no time. Very good service, I'm a happy customer!

• 28th Oct 2015

I have to say that for the price I wasn’t expecting a lot. But this place exceeded my expectations… Nice kitchen, big common space, free WiFi and above all outstanding staff.

• 28th Oct 2015
  • Norway

Was placed in the apartment t downstairs, 3 bedrooms yet only me in there, not the cleanest, no internet, and a feeling of not being able to mingle with others, unfortunately not a nice place to be in

This is a great hostel only like a 5-10 minute walk from old town and even closer to the Jewish quarter! The staff are amazing, extremely friendly and helpful - and have a good sense of humour (which is always good for a change)! Would highly recommend and can't wait to go back when I'm in Krakow... Only downfall I can see is the showers are push button ones which is annoying but whatever! Great hostel!

Horrible. If you are on the upper floor the showers are awful, you have to hold the nozzle and it randomly goes hot and cold. To get into main floor there is next to nothing for security. And half the lockers are just boxes on the ground that don't shut properly. Has severe hundred euros stolen from my locked locker. Only half the staff speaks English. Zero atmosphere.

The floor was very noisy. WiFi doesn't get to the common room we had to hang out in kitchen to use wifi. Everyone can get in the hostel so the security was low. Staff was rude and don't know their own rules. It's on 4th floor and there is no elevator.

• 18th Sep 2015
  • Turkey

This was a nice hostel. Very spacy and very nice and helpful staff. They can help you book a tour too. It was nice that we received a padlock to lock our luggage away in cupboards in the room. The beds were comfy. The only (huge) downside were the showers. They have push-and-play showers that last only a few seconds. You can't set the temperature and the water is too warm...

The hostel is in a fantastic location, right near the main square and local tram lines. I found it very hard to find though on arrival. The 'obvious orange hostel signage' was actually an a4 piece of paper with orange hostel on it. It's right next to building work. This doesn't affect the hostel at all but for anyone trying to find it like me, it's 10 second walk from Columbus coffee and directly next to this building work. Good atmosphere, nice and clean and social. Would definitely stay again.

One of my favourite places to stay so far on my trip. everything about it was awesome. And the staff were so friendly!

Danka, Jack & Daniaella were wonderful. Great place. Great everything. Can't wait to go back. Wally & Jango were great company.

• 2nd Sep 2015

I paid £4 an night, so was expecting little things. What I got was a clean hostel, comfy bed and nice staff. It is an old building so there is no lift and there are so many stairs!! But didn't mind as I was happy to stay in, or spend the day exploring. Fairly good location too compared to other hostels.

We were staying in the B movie hostel around the corner but canceled our second night, because it was awful, and came here instead. This hostel is absolutely amazing! Really chilled out atmosphere and the staff are so helpful and friendly. Will definitely be coming back!

I enjoyed my stay at orange hostel. The bedroom has enough room for every person and the lockers beneath the beds are very handy. The main drawback of this hostel is the number of toilets / showers / sinks : only 4 for the whole hostel. Also there are only two heating spots to cook and they are broken. The staff is friendly, especially with the boys. They told us ( three girls) to keep the volume down once but then went yelling and laughing to hit on boys. That was the only weird thing.

• 18th Aug 2015

Loved the place. Moderately close to both the Old town and Kazimierz Jewish Town (both within walking distance). Comfortable bed, good facilities in kitchen and common room. Staff are helpful and friendly. Overall very nice experience. Just don't lose your key to the locker like I did. Note: The hostel is up 3 flights of stairs and without a lift. Should not be problem for even average fit people.

• 18th Aug 2015
  • India

Although the entry from the street and the stairs look a little scary, the inside is nice (be aware that it is at the third floor). The locker was almost broken. The staff was nice, but when I needed help for buying a train ticket in a Polish website, they did it regretfully and I ended up doing the last steps by myself. I recommend it anyway, especially for travelling alone, there were plenty of backpackers and hitchhikers willing to talk and hang out in the kitchen.

• 14th Aug 2015
  • Spain

room was clean and nice. in common room there were a computer, so we could find all information we needed. also there were 4 bathrooms for all guests, it was okay, but sometimes they were not very clean.

• 13th Aug 2015