Orange Pekoe Guesthouse Reviews

No 1-1, Jalan Angsoka, Off Jalan, Bukit Bintang, Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia

The common area and the kitchen are great. There was a persistent damp smell in the room, which I guess is expected due to the incredibly humid climate, but it is something to note. The staff are down-right amazing. Everyone was very kind and helpful. The beautiful girl that helped us get visa information has our eternal gratitude!

• 29th May 2014
  • Serbia

Can't fault this place. The staff were excellent. The position, while it looks a little dodgy at first in a side street, turned out to be perfect: close to the monorail and the wonderful hawker street Jalan Alor. We were travelling with small kids and the family room was great. I would definitely come back and will recommend to anyone I know going to KL.

A great valué place, excellent helpful staff, strong wifi, good location. Only downside, average breakfast - but it's such good value just go out to eat

Possibly the most professional and friendly welcome that we have ever had in all of our years of traveling. Excellent wifi, very nice common area and free tea and coffee when ever you wanted it. Very close to some excellent 24 hour curry restaurants and only 10 minutes walk to the nearest overground rail link.

Very helpful and friendly staff and the hostel is very close to the many bars and restaurants in Bukit Bintang. Only negative we did not feel the deluxe double room was worth the cost US $50 per night. The common areas like the lounge and kitchen were spotlessly clean but the room and particularly our bathroom were not so inviting hence we checked out early.

Good basic accommodation in KL. Small rooms though.

• 20th Apr 2014

Nice place, clean, best thing is the excellent WiFi signal due to the multiple wireless repeaters they have scattered around, little pricey but great location and helpful staff.

Great Staff! Since I booked I kindly received some maps of the Hostel's location. It was a really excelent stay! I would say I chose the best location and place to stay.

I stayed in a double bed ensuite, the shower is a little small and it is expensive but I can't fault the hostel for anything apart from value for money. This is not somewhere that I would usually stay but it was very good none the less if you are looking for some space before a flight or simply want a break from the hussle and bussle of the backpacker trail.

Tiny room but clean and with a comfortable bed, the ac worked properly. The common area is well decorated,clean and welcome. Convinient location that is close to monorail station and a lot of cafe and bars. The surrounding is a bit noisy though, could not sleep well.

• 1st Feb 2014
  • China

I would definitely recommend the place. It is central, clean even though rooms are basic. The staff is very friendly and helpful. The breakfast is great so all in all a very good deal!

• 30th Jan 2014