Orange Village Hostel Reviews

411 O'Farrell street, San Francisco, USA

Friendly staff and 24 hr check in were a huge plus. Bunks weren't very solid in my room so you disturb your bunk mate. Surrounding area is a bit sketchy.

A very good location, safe hostel, a lot of food at breakfast, rooms are clean, friendly staff, good price. Definitely will choose this hostel in the future.

Follow the O'Pharell street down and you get straight to the Market street..dont take the Taylor street,especially not by night!:) Homeless and drug addicted people hanging around there but they seemed not interested,still we never know. Very good located!

Very good value for money - although if I could change anything, I would have liked some sockets near a mirror, and also the 'no toilet paper down the toilet' seemed pretty unsanitary as we had to put used toilet paper in the bins.

• 13th Oct 2014

The TV room was out of service, cause somehow the power wire was missed. The staff didn't do anything about it, but say "sorry".

• 12th Oct 2014
  • Alencar

Great location and helpful staff. Room was basic, but very clean and had good WiFi connection. Only gripe was that the room was very warm and stuffy at night, there was a fan supplied which helped.

I thoroughly enjoyed my stay at this hostel. It was a first time experience doing so and I was very pleased with my decision. I arrived early before check in, so they allowed me to store my bags while explored the city. Came back to check in had my bed ready. Wed thru Sun they seem to have these pretty cool themed parties. I arrived Thursday night and they were doing a super hero theme that night they gave us a free pizza party social. It was a great way to break the ice and meet new people.

• 9th Oct 2014

As expected for a youth hostel so can't really complain. Beds were pretty on comfortable and rooms far for luxurious but for this price in the centre of San Fran it's fine.

• 8th Oct 2014

A really great hostel close to everything and a staff who were very accommodating and friendly. We would very much recommend this hotel. This was my second visit to the hotel as it has been so great the first time I stayed there in 2010.

• 4th Oct 2014

Cheap and reasonable. If the visitor were korean,he or she can speak in korean with the staff. But i cant take shower easily due to shower tab.

• 3rd Oct 2014
  • South Korea

I had some trouble with hot water here, otherwise the stay was great!

The hostel looks very old inside, but it was clean enough. The wifi works perfect and is fast. The situation is perfect, a few blocks from union square. It is a bit noisy during the night, but it was expected for that location. Breakfast was very nice, with a selection of cereals and you can make your own fresh waffles. If I ever come back to San Francisco in the future, I will try to get a room in this hostel again.

The staff tried, they really did. Not really a conductive atmosphere for meeting people, though. Plus, the mattresses were incredibly uncomfortable--did they just cover the springs in a sheet?--and the location...well, I met some entertaining crackheads at least.

I put cleanliness as average because I think the kitchen can be more clean and organised, in particular, the washing sink. It is always messy. Perhaps, the management can do something about this. Having said that, the room and the en suite bathroom is very clean and the bed is comfortable.

I stayed in a double room with a private shower room. In general it was clean and tidy and what I would expect from a hostel, however, the room had an unpleasant smell about it which didn't go away even after leaving the window open., also one of my sheets has old stains on it which was a bit off putting. Good central location though and it felt secure.

Was next to a bad naighborhood. My rom was pointed to the streed, and because of the heat we had the window open. There was lots of noise. Homeless skreaming and fighting and dumpster truck that emtied the trash in the middle of the night. Get a room away from the street if you are going to stay here.

• 21st Sep 2014
  • Norway

Depressing room. The tv doesn't work. I don't like the neighbourhood.

Double twin room with private bathroom was spacious, but dirty, with wall grime (appeared to be throw-up) from previous occupants and areas that had clearly not been cleaned in weeks. Sheets had bleach stains, but the bed was comfortable and the room was cheap for SF. It would be nice if the rooms were checked / cleaned more thoroughly before visiting - the food waste on the wall and floor is not inviting.

• 18th Sep 2014

Decent hostel for a short stay. Not a very lively atmosphere. If you're looking to meet people I'd suggest to look for somewhere else.

Stayed in a girl dorm with four. The rooms was clean and so was the private bathroom. The locker is only big enough for your backpack, so take an extra locker for your bag. There's a big kitchen where you can cook and meet people from all around the world. The laundry room is open all day and they offer free soap. The location is great and at night it was ok to walk around (up to certain areas). My only big complaint: the "towel" they offer is actually a bathroom rug. Awful! Take your own!

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4