Orange Village Hostel

Fabulous 1344 Total Reviews
Fabulous 1344 Total Reviews

• Australia, Couple, 25-30
12th Aug 2017

Really happy with our room.. Hubby and I had a private ensuite room and our only qualm was that it smelled like smoke pretty bad unless you had the fan on. Overall really good value for money! Comfy bed, hot shower, nice breakfast... Would stay again.

8th Aug 2017

I picked Orange Hostel bc it was the only hostel in the area (near Tenderloin) and in my price range that didn't have a ton of negative reviews. I was not disappointed! Had a very good stay. I like hostels, but if you're not used to them you might have to adjust. Bring ear plugs to help you sleep -- the city is loud. The staff was very helpful: I was given an extra sheet when I asked for one and they helped me orient myself in the city. Good breakfast, convenience mart & parking garage nearby.

• Germany, Male, 25-30
7th Aug 2017

Great hostel! Located close to Union Square, which means most of my POIs were in walking distance. Felt secure all the way. Has power outlets and lamps at every bed. Slept very well and had decent breakfast. In addition, activities are provided for most weekdays. And the staff is very helpful. Very satisfied. Would book it again!

• Switzerland, Male, 31-40
6th Aug 2017
8.0

Great location on downtown SF for a very reasonable price. I used the hostel as a 1-night stay prior to an early morning flight from SFO, the transfer was very easy with BART. The bed was quite creaky, but other than that the facilities were agreeable.

• Denmark, Female, 25-30
2nd Aug 2017
8.0

The location is perfect right in the middle of the city center and the staff is really nice and helpful. Breakfast was good for a free hostel breakfast (bagels, toast, cereal, spreads waffles and bananas. The building itself is a little worn down and one of the beds in our dorm was so noisy every time someone in that bed turned. It was also pretty noise from the street! The hostel have social stuff most night but they aren't that good and I thought it was hard to meet other travellers.

• Canada, All Female Group, 18-24
29th Jul 2017
5.4

Saw a cockroach in the bathroom, was too disgusted to use the facilities after that. Great if you're looking for a bed to crash for 1 night, but not in a great part of town & the building is older and run down. Positives are it's only a block away from a Big Bus tour stop and the staff at front desk were very friendly!!

• Canada, Female, 18-24
26th Jul 2017
8.0

Good location, great staff, and great atmosphere.

• USA, Female, 25-30
24th Jul 2017
5.4

The staff were very friendly and helpful and the free breakfast was better than I've previously experienced, but the sleeping arrangements were terrible. The rooms had an icky, damp feeling to them. I was woken up multiple times in the night by my bunkmate rolling over because the entire bed shakes with any movement at all. Even though we were in a cold SF July, they gave me only thin sheets and light blankets. I asked for another blanket and it made me itch. And no soap in the bathrooms.

17th Jul 2017

I had no idea what to expect for my first stay at a hostel and this place was great. Clean rooms and bathrooms. Staff was friendly. Able to do laundry quickly and easily before the next leg of my trip. The location is great. Late at night it can be noisy and the people on the street may make you uncomfortable at first, but if you leave them alone they don't mess with you. People all over the city are great. The breakfast was good as well in the common area. I would stay again. It was fun.

• England, Female, 41+
14th Jul 2017

Great hostel, centrally located and with really friendly staff. I had an ensuite room, it was perfect, spacious and clean. Slightly noisy in the evening from across the halls/from out the window but nothing too crazy.