Orange Village Hostel Reviews

411 O'Farrell street, San Francisco, California, USA

The hostel is fine if you are not too strict. You wont have towels, you will have to do your own bed and you are not going to be able to charge your phone in the room. I repeat, it is a nice place with a good location, but is not an awesone place where to stay.

Right beside a dodgy area. Old Building. No wash basins in the bathroom. Small kitchen.

• 31st Mar 2014

The room was exactly what we needed for our stay, as we planned to only really sleep there. The coffee is excellent. There was an off smell in the third floor hallway but nothing enough to deter me from staying. Was a cozy place and the bed in the private room was not uncomfortable. I would just avoid the streets Turk and eddy. As both as located fairly close to the hostel and are not welcoming in the least. The room wasn't fully cleaned when we checked in but we were early so I can't complain.

• 9th Mar 2014

Location was nice, nerby union square, even if near the tenderloin district the place was quite safe. Some homeless around but as always in SF ! Clean bathrooms, and rooms, but the kitchen was dirty. I enjoyed my stay there.

• 8th Mar 2014

Location is great for transport but there are some homeless around so watch which way you turn out of the hostel. Free breakfast and internet are GREAT. I could only find one shower on my floor but it was always free when I used it so was never a problem.

Kitchen closes too early, at 10pm. We had no access to our food we stored in there, on the days we were out all day and returned after 10 (mildly upsetting). Midnight would be more appropriate time to close the kitchen. Staff were helpful & professional. Clean; the kitchen & bathrooms get cleaned every morning. No sinks in many bathrooms so bring your hand sanitizer. Sinks in bed rooms though, with soap provided. Lovely classical music during free breakfast; coffee dreadful, but tea nice. Celene

• 10th Feb 2014

Very clean and good location. The only downside is that it's not super cozy, but good value for money and recommendable.

very clean, very comfortable

• 20th Nov 2013
  • South Korea

I really enjoyed my stay. My room was very clean and nice. Breakfast was sufficient.

• 7th Nov 2013
  • Israel

You get what you pay for. I was on budget and the Orange Village Hostel came through for me. A good experience. Yes, it is near the Tenderloin but that gives it an edge. The rooms were clean. Not that much of a social atmosphere but I was wanting to see the city and not meet people. I would recommend this place to someone on a budget like me.

• 3rd Nov 2013
  • New Zealand

Nice play to stay, great location in the heart of San Fran although, if you turn left out of the hostel it gets progressively rougher as you continue. The bed I had was horrific, the most uncomfortable nights sleep I've ever had could feel the metal bars beneath the mattress. Facilities are great, washing machines, common room, kitchen etc

It's a very good hostel. The hostel is very clean. The staffs are nice. Breakfast is very good. Though the kitchen is small, it had all the facility. Enjoyed my stay.

• 25th Oct 2013
  • India

Window block when you open it and you can't close it ! Too hot ! Not safe at all !

• 24th Oct 2013

i do not recommend you stay here! at check in, the staff seemed impatient and not very helpful. i was given a bathmat for a towel and was told it was a dollar more to rent a 'real' towel. when i asked about it, they said it was listed online as a 'towel' lol i never had a hot shower in the five days i was there. the internet works sporadically and sometimes not at all. when i asked the staff about it, they became hostile and rude. kitchen is TINY and breakfast was the same every day.

Great place to stay at. First time at a hostel and for sure will come back. Friendly, clean, affordable, very helpful, and great location. Would definitely stay here again on the next visit to SanFran.

• 19th Oct 2013