Orange Village Hostel Reviews

411 O'Farrell street, San Francisco, USA

Clean and fairly good rooms but nothing special and for ~50 a night for a dorm u kind of want more or atleast I do.

• 21st Jul 2014

The staff was OK. The rooms are good and overall everything is very clean. For the price you cannot expect much more.

• 19th Jul 2014

Some of the staff couldn't care less.. the rooms were decent size and nice big windows. Not sure I would stay again but it was ok for the price.

The room was dirty as hell. The facilities are old. There is no AC, so I had to sleep with the windows open. The problem was that O'Farrel is a very busy street, so there was a lot of noise. They advertise "free breakfast" but it is nothing else than a bowl of cheap cereal and juice.

The staff were awesome! Friendly, helpful, courteous ... The bed worked for me ... my roommates were lovely ... I never took advantage of the breakfast or the pizza party the night I arrived, but I like that it was possible.

• 16th Jul 2014

The hostel is very cute. The bed is comfortable but when you move even if just a little bit it will make a noise that can awake your roommates. Breakfast is not bad. There is a living room where you can meet some friends or watching TV. Wifi is not really satisfied but it's not a big problem for me. All staffs are very nice

• 13th Jul 2014
  • Thailand

I was just in San Francisco for one night. The hostel was nice, and the room was clean and big. I stayed in a 4 bed dorm with just 3 occupants. The location wasn't too far from market street bus stop. Sure there were a lot of homeless people around, but that's to be expected in San Francisco. I would definitely stay here again.

• 11th Jul 2014

As a young college Student on a budget, you expect a Hostel to be cheap and more affordable than a Hotel room.This tiny Double Room i booked for me and my boyfriend however, costed us $120 per night. It did not have an own bathroom,nor an AC. The included breakfast was simple but okay,but the kitchen too small for the many people in the hostel and therefore always crowded and dirty. One week at the O.V. Hostel costed us over $800, which is a shame for this tiny lumber room.not again.

• 10th Jul 2014

I enjoyed my stay at The Orange. It is very clean and convenient located. I love the fact that there is a laundry on site and free breakfast, not too many options but at least there is something. I like it a lot!

• 9th Jul 2014

Orange Village is right across the street from the San Francisco Hilton! A truly dramatic setting all around.

Whole place is really (!) dirty. If you get a room with shared bath be prepared for the worst..

It's awesome place!! The room is clean and breakfast is amazing!!

They have a weak security from elevator. It can be risk to ride together because the elevator has some jolt.

free internet access on the desktop was a god send

• 5th Jun 2014

I really appreciated the fact that someone was at the desk or available 24hrs a day. Our plane came in late and the shuttle took over an hour to get to the Hostel and we were welcomed as if we came on time. The rooms and bathrooms were cleaned everyday and gave clean towels everyday. The kitchen was open for breakfast each morning and left open til 10PM. An old hotel, so the rooms were small but very adequate - had a TV, microwave and small refrig.

Great location, great rooms, clean. We stayed in a private double room, it was perfect and exactly what we needed. A bit noisey at night as the windows are old but you get what you pay for. I'd defiantly stay again and would recommend to friends.

• 30th May 2014

Homeless people everywhere in the surrounding blocks and they make a LOT of noise (yelling at all hours, blasting a radio at 6am). The bunk beds were kind of rickety and the whole unit swayed every time the person below me moved. A couple of the springs on my mattress were busted. Sinks are in the rooms only (not in the bathrooms) instead of the bathroom which sounds nice until someone needs to clean up after everyone else has gone to bed. Wouldn't stay here again.

The kitchen closing at 10 pm sucks!!

I have stayed here the last 3 times I've visited San Fransisco. It's great for a short stay. The staff are friendly and helpful, the location is great, right in the center of everything and also close to the Bart station. It's great value for money too. I'm sure I'll be staying here again sometime in the near future.

Overall a fairly positive experience. Previously having been a hotel it's not surprising that this place was so clean and well maintained. The rooms were spacious and comfortable with decent size lockers, bathrooms large and clean and location of the hostel was central enough. The only real criticism is the lack of atmosphere, there's not really much going on within the hostel so it's hard to meet people perhaps if you're a solo traveller.

View all San Francisco Hostels