Orange Village Hostel Reviews

411 O'Farrell street, San Francisco, USA

One bathroom with one shower for one floor....it's not enough! Otherwise the staff is very nice

The only negative thing was that when we were going to bed our first night , when we lifted our comforter to get into bed, it was clearly not cleaned. You could tell a gentleman had stayed here previously. This was absolutely disgusting and unhygienic. When we went down to complain, front desk staff just gave us two sheets for ourselves to change. The next day the housekeeper cleaned our bed entirely. It should have been cleaned before we arrived though. They didn't comp a night, just 25.00 back

• 17th May 2014

The place is clean, safe and has a good location but is the opossite of any hostel somebody wood want. Not atmosfire, no contact with other guest no activities beside the Friday wine... If I had to choose again I would not stay here

This place is by the best hostel or extended stay location in san francisco. Their wifi id great, the staff is friendly and helpful. The room are nice and clean. The housekeeping was great as well.

There was no "hostel smell" so that was good. There was hot water with strong pressure from the showers. I have no complaints. I suggest to bring ear plugs because the street noise is hella(really) loud. One night a cab driver got into an accident and later a fist fight erupted and everyone in my room woke up because it was so loud.......so bring ear plugs !!

It's a residential hotel, not hostel. Night 2 in the lounge a staff put a flashlight in my face, laughing at me to wake me up after I'd dozed off w/my laptop & files spread out in front as I was working on a deadline. He was rude, hostile, unwarranted. When I checked out, it was a fight to get my key deposit. I had been told I could finish my work in the common area and that's what I was doing. I checked out of my rm early & it's illegal to retain the deposit when key is returned. Terrible exp.

• 20th Apr 2014

I really like this hostel, it was my first time stayed in hostel and I wasn't expected it to be that good. I am very impressed and enjoyed talking to my roommate(dorm room). The price was worth for everything. It's a little a bit loud at night because a lot of ghetto around but it was ok because compare to the location. Everything is CLEAN and I was a little surprised that bathroom looks really clean. It's safe to stay there! I went there with my friend and we are eighteen!

• 17th Apr 2014
  • Thailand

unfriendly staff!

The hostel is fine if you are not too strict. You wont have towels, you will have to do your own bed and you are not going to be able to charge your phone in the room. I repeat, it is a nice place with a good location, but is not an awesone place where to stay.

Right beside a dodgy area. Old Building. No wash basins in the bathroom. Small kitchen.

The room was exactly what we needed for our stay, as we planned to only really sleep there. The coffee is excellent. There was an off smell in the third floor hallway but nothing enough to deter me from staying. Was a cozy place and the bed in the private room was not uncomfortable. I would just avoid the streets Turk and eddy. As both as located fairly close to the hostel and are not welcoming in the least. The room wasn't fully cleaned when we checked in but we were early so I can't complain.

• 9th Mar 2014

Location was nice, nerby union square, even if near the tenderloin district the place was quite safe. Some homeless around but as always in SF ! Clean bathrooms, and rooms, but the kitchen was dirty. I enjoyed my stay there.

• 8th Mar 2014

Location is great for transport but there are some homeless around so watch which way you turn out of the hostel. Free breakfast and internet are GREAT. I could only find one shower on my floor but it was always free when I used it so was never a problem.

Kitchen closes too early, at 10pm. We had no access to our food we stored in there, on the days we were out all day and returned after 10 (mildly upsetting). Midnight would be more appropriate time to close the kitchen. Staff were helpful & professional. Clean; the kitchen & bathrooms get cleaned every morning. No sinks in many bathrooms so bring your hand sanitizer. Sinks in bed rooms though, with soap provided. Lovely classical music during free breakfast; coffee dreadful, but tea nice. Celene

• 10th Feb 2014