Orange Village Hostel Reviews

411 O'Farrell street, San Francisco, USA

Hostel is in a great spot in terms of getting to things, but also only about a block away from a kinda sketchy area of San Fran. Still, I had no issues and never felt unsafe. Great kitchen area, though very small for the size of the hostel, especially when everyone is in there trying to make breakfast. Couple of great bars a block or so down. Only real complaint was that I found a dead mouse in between the lounge cushions...

Orange Village, will always be my first choice in SF!!

• 26th Sep 2015

Clean and vibrant hostel with excellent location. Friendly staff. No hesitation in recommending to friends

Didn't have the room I booked. Not a place for the individual traveller to meet peole and seems to be a lot of people who arent travellers staying there. Only one power point in room, no sinks in bathrooms, very noisy in city centre, little room for breakfast and in the common room. Would only recommend if you are a group and can get a dorm for your own use.

Had a great stay here in a double ensuite. Spacious room, smallish bathroom but very clean. Was pleasantly surprised to see mini-fridge, microwave, TV, soap, and shampoo provided. Towels and bedding also provided and very clean. The bed was quite comfortable. Breakfast was simple (bread, bagel, peanut butter, nutella, jam, cereal, waffles), only complaint was no fruit. Looked like they had fun events planned but we were there for a wedding and could not participate.

• 15th Sep 2015

Locations not bad however it's easy to go the wrong way and within a couple streets you find yourself feeling a little unsafe and cautious. Decent atmosphere although in main common room people just sit and watch TV rather than socialise and meet one another. Good size dorms and nice bathrooms. Not bad for a few nights

Friendly people, many joung travelers from all over the world

• 8th Sep 2015

It's in the heart of San Francisco. It's good location, but don't have many facilities.. And I think that they need a fan in hot days. But it's the cheaper that I found.

• 7th Sep 2015

Even though in relative terms it is not a bad option given the location (shady but well-communicated), I think that you pay much more than what they give you. The hostel is old, a bit spooky, not very clean and it lacks a good atmosphere. The breakfast is based entirely on dough and nutella/peanut butter (not very nice). Given the prices in SF and the generalized lack of quality, this hostel is a good option, but still I feel that they could improve many things.

The hostel is centrally located and so easy to find and also great transport links for getting around the city. It is right next to the Tenderloin district which made the location feel a bit seedy at times, which could be off putting. Staff were very friendly and helpful, the room was a decent size though was basic and a little drab (some pictures and colour would go a long way). The breakfast was decent and the shower rooms were generally clean with hot water and good pressure.

Lockers weregreat for security. location is right next to eveveythingand public transportationwas close to the hostel. great hostek to stay at for couple days.

Good hostel with very nice staff for an acceptable price (compared to standard prices in the city). Breakfast is simple but good. There is some room for improvement though: the bathrooms are shared with many people, our room was quite noisy because the windows are old.

A horrible part of San Francisco! Every time I walked out the door to smoke, at least 5 homeless people approached for money and cigarettes. I have no judgement against the homeless.After a while it became very frustrating.The amount of money I paid for this location was wayyyy toooo much! Your refund policy really needs to be reviewed. I gave 48 hours notice to leave early. NO MONEY BACK. As soon as someone leaves another walks in! Give money back. I lost that $, a new flight fee, etc.

• 19th Aug 2015

good place in SF

Your late night staff is the worst. One morning around 5am I came down to the lobby and saw someone behind the desk in the office. I say good morning to the young man and got no reply. So, I made eye contact and said good morning again and got no response. So I went to the TV lounge and there was someone sleeping on the sofa. I wanted to watch the news, this person said I was disturbed him. Does not everyone have a room? I found out the night manager let him sleep.

• 16th Aug 2015

I shared a 4 bed dorm with 3 friends, we basically could not sleep at all, the room was on the street side of the building, the street was quite noisy all night, and the noise isolation was pretty much inexistent. The mattresses were broken with springs poking in all directions. Even though we paid for two nights we stayed only one. The staff was pretty unhelpful. The worst place I have stayed at in a long time.

• 15th Aug 2015