Orange Village Hostel Reviews

411 O'Farrell street, San Francisco, USA

i do not recommend you stay here! at check in, the staff seemed impatient and not very helpful. i was given a bathmat for a towel and was told it was a dollar more to rent a 'real' towel. when i asked about it, they said it was listed online as a 'towel' lol i never had a hot shower in the five days i was there. the internet works sporadically and sometimes not at all. when i asked the staff about it, they became hostile and rude. kitchen is TINY and breakfast was the same every day.

Great place to stay at. First time at a hostel and for sure will come back. Friendly, clean, affordable, very helpful, and great location. Would definitely stay here again on the next visit to SanFran.

• 19th Oct 2013
  • Mexico

Nice hostel, large kitchen and lounge area.

It did the job for one night but felt a little like some of the staff did the bare minimum in terms of customer service, not very approachable, and the kitchen and shower could've been cleaner. Otherwise, fine for a night!

Old building, old elevators. Staff was friendly. Room: Individual Queen Bedroom Breakfest was poor, cheap items and no fruits at all. Bathrooms could have been better cleaned, but were OK. Location is the best thing of this hostel, 5 minutes walking to Union Square.

• 5th Oct 2013

If you have time ahead to book a better hostel... Do it.. This place stank and atmosphere was very poor compared to others that we have traveled. Right on the tenderloin so this is a ghetto area, which isn't horrible because it isn't central. Just don't go the wrong way... We did, and we found some okay bars but would rather stay away. Rooms were rather small and awkward how the sink and toilet were separated in the room. And cleaning for the rooms.. Don't expect it. They just make your bed.

• 4th Oct 2013

Location was best and very clean

• 4th Oct 2013
  • South Korea

Staff at night didn't help you at all.

It was great. I would use this hostel again. If you are still thinking bout this hostel, No worry. Go for it.

• 30th Sep 2013
  • South Korea

Very friendly staff. Great location. Great cable tv. The only recommendation I have would be a full length mirror in the room.

• 28th Sep 2013

A really good stay. We stayed for 2 weeks and it was a good place. It was easy to catch a bus or train and go wherever you wanted to go in the city. Breakfast with oatmeal, cherios and waffles. Or if you want something else, just bring your own bread or fruit or something, I recommend it!

Staff was always friendly and helpful.

• 24th Sep 2013
  • Couple, 41+

Location was good, only few minutes walk to Union Square and transport, however next to Tenderloin so lots of homeless people hanging around. Next to Hilton hotel so felt safer on walk back at night. Booked a double room with private bathroom, but only got one bath towel and two small hand towels. Also shower did not drain properly and was not the cleanest, and no air con or fan in room. Breakfast average, only cereal and DIY waffles, and kitchen was too small and busy so nowhere to sit

This was the worst experience I have ever had with a hostel . Hostel world will not give me enough characters to truly explain , but in short . They double booked my room than put me in a smaller room . Once I settled in they came back in and said we could not stay in that room either and offered no explanation . Then she said she was going to do something special since they messed up , She would give me a refund for the room we didn't get to stay in . We ended up paying over 200 elsewhere.

Good location, we walked to everything that we wanted to see (Alcatraz, Golden Gate Bridge, palace of fine arts, fishermans wharf and the shops) and took bart(the subway) to the other side of San Francisco. Staff were friendly, it was clean enough and felt safe as they have to buzz you in to get into the hostel. San Fran was amazing :)

• 12th Sep 2013
  • New Zealand

You get what you pay for. It's a cheap place to stay in San Fran. They organize everything to get to the airport which is nice. Also, if you turn left it can get a bit dangerous, but it's not a big deal. I mean there is a Hilton like 100 feet to the right.

Room was okay, friendly staff. Breakfast was only Pancakes which you have to do on your own. Good laundry facilities and good location near the centre.

At the front desk, staff not very warm; Excellent location despite the homeless army outside (not dangerous). Good wifi connection, comfortable rooms (we were in a double room with private bathroom)

• 8th Sep 2013
  • Spain

Hello, my name is Aneliya. I really enjoyed my stay.I met people from different countries ( Australia , Argentina , Indonesia and Spain ) who became my friends. They told me about their travels and I for my.Expore the city together .The people in San Francisco are very friendly and ready to help you.After a tiring and full of good emotions day to go home to a safe,quiet and clean place was all need. Hot shower , good breakfast and ready to say go. Perfect locations and service guests.Thank you

• 6th Sep 2013
  • Bulgaria

very nice place to stay! will come back again!

• 4th Sep 2013