Orange Village Hostel Reviews

411 O'Farrell street, San Francisco, USA

I stayed one night in a single (double) room for $120 in the fifth floor. The room was very clean and had a fridge and a micro, toilet paper, towels and warm shower. The wireless worked well outside the "rush hours" and reasonably well otherwise. It was not noisy either. The location was also a bonus. My biggest minus goes to the breakfast. After paying over $100 for a night, I was expecting something more from my breakfast, than cereal, milk, juice and self made waffle.

• 24th Aug 2013
  • Finland

Very clean, good location and staff were friendly.

Clean and in a reasonable location. Not a social hostel.

It was far too hot The surrounding areas are not ver safe

Great hostel and great location.

• 16th Aug 2013
  • New Zealand

In August SF is crazy expensive, so for someone on a budget this hostel offers a pretty good location (bearing in mind that it's on O'Farrell, the southern most street you want to go to avoid the Tenderloin crack crowds). The breakfast consisted of coffee and orange juice, with some waffle mix that you can use and some cereal. Not exactly a lot of choice. There are better hostels (and cheaper) in Downtown, but they fill up pretty quickly, and this is a decent alternative for a couple of nights.

Staff was professional and helpful. The location was amazing, Ryoku sushi and Milan pizza nearby were great options for late night food. Proximity to Powell muni station was great. Our room was on the inside wall of the building so it was actually quiet allowing us to sleep off our jet lag. My only qualm was that the showers were quite small (32x32").

Good staff! The best of this Hostel is the location!

Really dissapointed with this hostel overall, kitchen facilities were really poor and need up dating. Resources in the kitchen really lack. Place is generally run down and in need of decorating. Staff at reception were okay, some very nice some very un helpful! Only good thing was the price. Breakfast poor. Wouldn't stay here again if visiting San Fran

• 8th Aug 2013

The building was very quiet, well run, orderly. Possible improvements could include : put glasses in the rooms; also provide non starchy food for breakfast. The breakfast room could be a little bigger. But we overall emjoyed our stay and would recommend this hostel to people who can bear to share a (clean) bathroom.

• 8th Aug 2013
  • Couple, 41+

Room was fine, bathrooms ok - shower and toilet in same room so lots of queues! Breakfast was DIY waffles, cereals OJ, fine. Kitchen was cramped and no use for more than one or two folk cooking at same time. Staff helpful and friendly. Area ok, 5min from Powell Station, 40ish min walk to Piers, 30 min walk to AT

I didn't like it at all. Super small rooms (we paid for a double with private room), really bad smell, uncomfortable bed. The breakfast is a joke (don't say you have continental breakfast if you have only some waffles and milk), and, on top of that, they have these aggressive signs saying "your mom is not here to clean your mess, do your own dishes". What?! At least be nice and ask it as a favor! I would never stay there again. Expensive but poor!!

• 1st Aug 2013
  • Chile

Unfortunately this hostel has bedbugs. The girls at the front desk were lovely, they gave us money to wash all of our clothes and upgraded our room for the remainder of the stay, unfortunately the rude manager walked into the room and with her tone and attitude made it out like it was our fault we had bedbugs. Apart from this our original room was the most depressing place I had stayed and the bathroom was like showering in a cupboard. I would not stay here again

• 27th Jul 2013

I chose this hostel for the price and the location, i read a lot of reviews some good , some bad and in some way i didn't know what to expect. I was plesently surprise, check in was fast and easy.The Location is just perfect, yes is right next to the Tenderlion neigbothood, but during the day you just see a couple of homeless asking for some spare change. Is so close to the muni and bart stations is a perfect location for a turist. Free breakfast but wake up early cuz the kitchen is always full

• 26th Jul 2013
  • Colombia

The room was perfect! We were very comfortable out entire stay. No a/c so we just left the windows open 24/7 but on the 5th floor we could do that. We had a private room with bath and it was really perfect for us. The neighborhood can be a little shady and it's SUPER loud till the bars close. But that's ALL of downtown. Slept fine with earphones and iTunes running. We will actually stay there again! Great value!

• 25th Jul 2013

Cleaning the bathroom once a day isn't enough four that much rooms per bathroom. There is no handbasin in the bathrooms. Staff is very unfriendly and not helpful at all, I think they're only interested in the money.Most guests are very dirty, noisy and rude. I was never in such a hostel and I'll don't wish to re-experiencing. The only good thing is the location, that one is great.

Orange hostel eh bem localizado e limpo, mas falta ambiente acolhedor de hostel

I have stayed at over 100 hostels in my travels and this is the one hostel in the entire world i would never visit again. The people that run this place are the scum of the earth!

• 20th Jul 2013

I thought this place is bad from outside with all the homeless. and the price comparing to better hostels nearby.

this place was in a great location to get everywhere. There we a few homeless people around but i come to find you will find them everywhere in america. The bathroom were always clean .

View all San Francisco Hostels