Orange Village Hostel Reviews

411 O'Farrell street, San Francisco, USA

Very friendly staff. Great location. Great cable tv. The only recommendation I have would be a full length mirror in the room.

• 28th Sep 2013

A really good stay. We stayed for 2 weeks and it was a good place. It was easy to catch a bus or train and go wherever you wanted to go in the city. Breakfast with oatmeal, cherios and waffles. Or if you want something else, just bring your own bread or fruit or something, I recommend it!

Staff was always friendly and helpful.

• 24th Sep 2013
  • Couple, 41+

Location was good, only few minutes walk to Union Square and transport, however next to Tenderloin so lots of homeless people hanging around. Next to Hilton hotel so felt safer on walk back at night. Booked a double room with private bathroom, but only got one bath towel and two small hand towels. Also shower did not drain properly and was not the cleanest, and no air con or fan in room. Breakfast average, only cereal and DIY waffles, and kitchen was too small and busy so nowhere to sit

This was the worst experience I have ever had with a hostel . Hostel world will not give me enough characters to truly explain , but in short . They double booked my room than put me in a smaller room . Once I settled in they came back in and said we could not stay in that room either and offered no explanation . Then she said she was going to do something special since they messed up , She would give me a refund for the room we didn't get to stay in . We ended up paying over 200 elsewhere.

Good location, we walked to everything that we wanted to see (Alcatraz, Golden Gate Bridge, palace of fine arts, fishermans wharf and the shops) and took bart(the subway) to the other side of San Francisco. Staff were friendly, it was clean enough and felt safe as they have to buzz you in to get into the hostel. San Fran was amazing :)

• 12th Sep 2013
  • New Zealand

You get what you pay for. It's a cheap place to stay in San Fran. They organize everything to get to the airport which is nice. Also, if you turn left it can get a bit dangerous, but it's not a big deal. I mean there is a Hilton like 100 feet to the right.

Room was okay, friendly staff. Breakfast was only Pancakes which you have to do on your own. Good laundry facilities and good location near the centre.

At the front desk, staff not very warm; Excellent location despite the homeless army outside (not dangerous). Good wifi connection, comfortable rooms (we were in a double room with private bathroom)

• 8th Sep 2013
  • Spain

Hello, my name is Aneliya. I really enjoyed my stay.I met people from different countries ( Australia , Argentina , Indonesia and Spain ) who became my friends. They told me about their travels and I for my.Expore the city together .The people in San Francisco are very friendly and ready to help you.After a tiring and full of good emotions day to go home to a safe,quiet and clean place was all need. Hot shower , good breakfast and ready to say go. Perfect locations and service guests.Thank you

• 6th Sep 2013
  • Bulgaria

very nice place to stay! will come back again!

• 4th Sep 2013
  • China

Very nice hostel Only breakfast was a mess! Way to many people for such a small kitchen!

• 1st Sep 2013

This place was surprisingly clean and despite the neighborhood crawling with homeless this place was pretty secure as you could only be let in if the front desk person buzzed you in. I wish they were a bit more informative. I was told about breakfast but wasn't given a password for the Wi-Fi. Had to come back down and request it. Also the walls were pretty much covered in rules of what not to do. Didn't feel very welcoming but it was clean and safe and that's what matters most.

The property did not offer as much as was expected. The rooms were gross, and smelt disgusting. The breakfast room sucked.

• 28th Aug 2013

Breakfast, although crowded, was ok! The room was tiny and really dark! The window didn't close! The location is very good, less then 5 minutes to the union square!

Non air condition room, stuffy at time.

• 25th Aug 2013
  • Singapore
  • Couple, 41+

Lovely staff, but the kitchen (and "breakfast") is an absolute joke. Dirty, cramped and not enough food to feed a gnat.

I stayed one night in a single (double) room for $120 in the fifth floor. The room was very clean and had a fridge and a micro, toilet paper, towels and warm shower. The wireless worked well outside the "rush hours" and reasonably well otherwise. It was not noisy either. The location was also a bonus. My biggest minus goes to the breakfast. After paying over $100 for a night, I was expecting something more from my breakfast, than cereal, milk, juice and self made waffle.

• 24th Aug 2013
  • Finland

Very clean, good location and staff were friendly.

Clean and in a reasonable location. Not a social hostel.

View all San Francisco Hostels